A16 - CHS - Classic Horde Survival

Valmar

• 8 months later...
There are better xml guys than Sphereii and I that can do the quests for the NPCs, bandits and wandering traders

Sorry, I hope that this won't sound too harsh, but this is just how I feel about it. I would really love if someone came here and told us all that I was wrong in what I'm about to say here and pointed me to any mod that delivers such thing, but it feels like there just isn't any modder who would be interested in making some story and quests that would tell that story. I feel like I was looking everywhere and so far I haven't found anything. The closest thing was the modpack from Drconfused, I think it's called Golden Realm, but even that doesn't have much story to it, it just adds some extra quests. Now, those quests are fun to play for sure, they give you more things to do, more goals to work for, but there is very little story. It's just a basic expansion of the quest from the base game, but then again there are no NPCs, no story around them, nothing like that.

The quest and dialog system in A17 was only partially implemented and did not always work as intended. Hopefully in A18 it will be improved. If it is, perhaps a modder will try to make something magical with it. Most of our (SphereII, myself and others) A17 modding effort was focused on creating a working NPC system, which hopefully will be extended in A18. You cant have a magical NPC based story without...NPCs, right? So the groundwork is done, and hopefully your dreams will be fulfilled in A18, and if not then, by the time the game goes gold.

The quest and dialog system in A17 was only partially implemented and did not always work as intended. Hopefully in A18 it will be improved. If it is, perhaps a modder will try to make something magical with it. Most of our (SphereII, myself and others) A17 modding effort was focused on creating a working NPC system, which hopefully will be extended in A18. You cant have a magical NPC based story without...NPCs, right? So the groundwork is done, and hopefully your dreams will be fulfilled in A18, and if not then, by the time the game goes gold.

Ok! That sounds better! :p

The dialogue system is pretty clunky to work with as well. But yeh, quests haven't received any loving since they were first introduced, and in fact have lost some functionality, so... (Shrug).

Until they improve it...

Some Alpha 18 footage from developers showed some MINOR changes to the quest, but when they were asked about it, I think they said something like the actual quest changes will be coming in Alpha 19. THAT kind of delay would suck in my opinion, but I guess it's better late than never.

At this point, if someone came up with their own SDX / DMT based quest system that would allow modders to create proper quests for the game, I wouldn't mind to donate some money. I like new stuff that goes beyond the possibilities of the base game. :p

Archived