SDX 0.6.0 (April 2016)

Matite

ok, new day, new try.

Still get the same error while trying to build. No steam running, no game running, fresh pc start. Tried copying the game direclty to e:\7daystodie , same error.

Another error also appears if the backup folder already exists (its empty as the backup doesn't work) if i try to build and forget to delete the folder:

Load SDXSettings from: E:\Programme\SDX_0.6.0_Package\SDX_0.6.0\Settings.ini
EVENT: Begin task: Backup files
EVENT: Begin task: Import UnityEngine.dll
INFO: File already exists
EVENT: Begin task: Deobfuscate Assembly Strings

Unbehandelte Ausnahme: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades "E:\Programme\SDX_0.6.0_Package\SDX_0.6.0\Backup\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll" konnte nicht gefunden werden.
  bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
  bei Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
  bei Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)
  bei StringDecoderWorker..ctor(String assemblyPath, String outputPath)
  bei SDX.Compiler.DeobfStringsTask.Execute(SDXCompiler compiler)
  bei SDX.Compiler.SDXCompiler.Compile(SDXCompilerSettings settings)
  bei SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

Also tried with deactivated antivirus, same.

No clue anymore what to try.

Looks like the auto-backup failed or you have deleted files form the backup folder.

Check your "Backup\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed" folder in SDX and see if the Assembly-CSharp.dll is there.

If not:

1) Delete the backup folder.

2) Validate your game files in steam.

3) Try again.

Detected and intercepted Trojan attacks.

Program: *:\******\************\FrontEnd.exe

Name: HEUR/QVM03.0.Malware.Gen

As mentioned in the opening post... it is a false positive.

VirusTotal (Frontend.exe)

Detection ratio: 1 / 56

You can ignore the "Qihoo-360" detection... it is a false positive.

Only ONE out of 56 AV products has the false positive. All the major AV vendors pass it as clean.

Of course you do not have to use it if you do not want to but common sense would indicate that the "Qihoo-360" AV product is wrong about this file.

Just for you I did another VirusTotal scan:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/6ec84aa79c2efc071e3418e60ef435ab452ea25a6389eac97599f4be0c52bfce/analysis/1460435143/

Detection ratio: 1 / 57

You can see now that even "Qihoo-360" says it is clean but some other AV product called "Rising" says it is not (btw I have never heard of "Rising" before).

:)

I dont know much here but maybe the png has to be the 116x80 not smaller or larger

Thanks for trying to help. I really appreciate it. This has been so frustrating.

I *HAVE* tried resizing all of the icons to the 116 x 80 size, but it's still not working.

Should there be something/anything about "icons" or the "atlas" in the programs output after you've compiled with custom icons? If so, it's not there.

I've made sure folders are properly named and organized.

icons use the exact same names as their relevant blocks/items

everything's 116 x 80 .png's

I've tried toggling both of the icon/atlas related settings in the payload.ini in the sdxmods folder and it doesn't make a difference.

When I compile, no matter what I do, it does nothing at all with the custom icons.

I put a lot of work into over 500 custom icons and they just won't load. It's very frustrating and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Anyone have any more ideas? I really appreciate any help at all. :/

Thanks for trying to help. I really appreciate it. This has been so frustrating.

I *HAVE* tried resizing all of the icons to the 116 x 80 size, but it's still not working.

Should there be something/anything about "icons" or the "atlas" in the programs output after you've compiled with custom icons? If so, it's not there.

I've made sure folders are properly named and organized.

icons use the exact same names as their relevant blocks/items

everything's 116 x 80 .png's

I've tried toggling both of the icon/atlas related settings in the payload.ini in the sdxmods folder and it doesn't make a difference.

When I compile, no matter what I do, it does nothing at all with the custom icons.

I put a lot of work into over 500 custom icons and they just won't load. It's very frustrating and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Anyone have any more ideas? I really appreciate any help at all. :/

Send us the mod and one of us will take a look for you.

:)

So, oddly enough, on the *third* redownload of the launcher from the link (and re-install/backup/setup of it, of course), it appears to have gotten my icons into game.

::baffled look::

I have no idea... I'm just so confused. haha

I mean, if it had been something corrupt with the dl, would any part of the mods have worked -- because absolutely everything else in the mods worked fine, just no icons. And I know I did every step of the whole install/setup process exactly the same way...

Maybe my game was just *really* confused. ::sigh:: I, of course, feel like an idiot having bugged you about this now. haha

Thank you so much for the offer of help -- I know I keep saying it, but it really is much appreciated. I was ready to start ripping my hair out.

If I end up having problems again (somehow) or if any of my other mods give me trouble, I will let you know. But for now...somehow...it appears to magically be working. ::shrug::

Thank you for your patience with me. I kind of feel like a crazy person. :)

On a *completely* unrelated note - Matite, I love your mods! They're great. I was wondering if the banana/plant and wheat/bread mods were working in A14.5? I know they haven't been updated in a while (understandably), so I figure probably not, but thought I'd ask. Thanks!

You have obviously installed it incorrectly. The link shows you how to install it properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously? You even read what people post? Again, i followed the readme by word. Every single step. And not once but multiple times. Even used different folders and hard disks. Your video doesn't show anything else then the readme with nice pictures.

A readme might be not enough for the youth of today, but when i started with pc a readme.txt was the first thing you read.

If you read the error log i posted carefuly you would also see, that the program was installed correct.

Looking via google for that error message it seems, as far as my understanding of programing goes, that the requested permissions in the program are set wrong.

Ah well, guess is stop wasting my time and wait for a proper mod support in the game.

Seriously? You even read what people post? Again, i followed the readme by word. Every single step. And not once but multiple times. Even used different folders and hard disks. Your video doesn't show anything else then the readme with nice pictures.

A readme might be not enough for the youth of today, but when i started with pc a readme.txt was the first thing you read.

If you read the error log i posted carefuly you would also see, that the program was installed correct.

Looking via google for that error message it seems, as far as my understanding of programing goes, that the requested permissions in the program are set wrong.

Ah well, guess is stop wasting my time and wait for a proper mod support in the game.

no I dont lol. But you know that video showed everything you had to do. The readme is all you have to do. It was merely a response to your response. But you want to be rude bout it lol everyone else has it working. Did you extract the sdx6 folder to desktop and not the whole sdx tool and folder. really only trying to help but thats fine.

this might help you out Ringkeeper posted by the actual sdx creator to your issue -

Looks like the auto-backup failed or you have deleted files form the backup folder.

Check your "Backup\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed" folder in SDX and see if the Assembly-CSharp.dll is there.

If not:

1) Delete the backup folder.

2) Validate your game files in steam.

3) Try again.

anyone able to shed light on my eirlyer question on how to add mods to my dedi server useing ftp ?? i have manaded to get the mods working on sp no problem i though it was a case of putting the sdxmods file in the same location as the other one but i guess not

anyone able to shed light on my eirlyer question on how to add mods to my dedi server useing ftp ?? i have manaded to get the mods working on sp no problem i though it was a case of putting the sdxmods file in the same location as the other one but i guess not

Mattite replied to it. I think it is here somewhere lol. Or it could be on another thread you asked

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40485-SDX-Tutorial-How-to-Install-a-SDX-mod-(and-the-Tool)

One thing that is very important to make the current SDX version working on dedicated server, is the folder structure. So if you want to locally compile specifically for dedicated server AND THEN UPLOAD VIA FTP, you will need

• Make sure you change your setting.ini to the dedicated server path. Notice that you will always need to use the first path setting.
  • Change your 7DaysToDieServer.exe to 7DaysToDie.exe
  • Change your 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder to 7DaysToDie_Data
  • Now you can start your SDX tool and compile.
  • If you need to have the original name, rename them back, BUT remember to change the settings.ini in the 7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed pointing to the right path ON YOUR DEDICATED SERVER HOST!
  • I believe the previous point is fundamental for it to work. That path NEEDS to match.
  • You can now upload to your host.

I'm sure DOM will find a way to simplify this, but that's what you need to do for now. Hope this helps. Notice that, if you can run SDX directly on the host, this is much simpler, and Pacco guides covers it.

I'm sure DOM will find a way to simplify this, but that's what you need to do for now. Hope this helps. Notice that, if you can run SDX directly on the host, this is much simpler, and Pacco guides covers it.

when you say this do you mean you can put sdx6 onto your server directly then do it that way or

when you say this do you mean you can put sdx6 onto your server directly then do it that way or

If you have full access to your server machine, you can rename the folders to whatever you want and can compile directly on the host (since you can install SDX there)... So you need not to worry about changing the managed\settings.ini and you only need to adjust the folder structure once.

If you have full access to your server machine, you can rename the folders to whatever you want and can compile directly on the host (since you can install SDX there)... So you need not to worry about changing the managed\settings.ini and you only need to adjust the folder structure once.

i have full access to my server. I however still unsure how to get the sdx tool onto the server even using ftp. and how to go about using it.

Appending a new attribute within an existing tag?

...I feel like I've asked this before, but I always forget between times when I'm updating my mods. haha

Does anyone know how (if it's possible at all) you can add an attribute within an existing tag?

Or do you need to remove the entire tag and re-append/insert the modified version of the whole tag?

That's what I've been doing, but it's rather cumbersome and if it's possible to append it to the existing tag that would be awesome -- so, figured I'd ask.

I'm pretty sure there's a way, but I can't figure out how to write the SDX code to do it...

As an example, I'm looking at the "bag drop mod" for looting zombies and I want to add an attribute to the lootcontainer tag of a few lootcontainers, so -

change from this:

<lootcontainer id="15" count="0,2" size="4,4" sound_open="UseActions/open_corpse" sound_close="UseActions/close_corpse" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

to this:

<lootcontainer id="15" count="0,2" size="4,4" sound_open="UseActions/open_corpse" sound_close="UseActions/close_corpse" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate" destroy_on_close="true">

I just want to add " destroy_on_close="true" " to the existing lootcontainer tag.

Is that possible?

Thanks so much for any help you may be able to offer!

just out of curiosity. If I want to use SDX on a dedicated server, I still must ensure that everyone uses the same item and block ids.

But if I compile a mod, SDX chooses the next available id. So let's pretend I use several mods, how do I ensure that the order it compiles them (and assign them the ids) are the same for each user?

As an example:

mod A creates 3 items and mod B creates 2 items.

Person X compiles the mod with SDX and SDX starts with mod A. So the item ids are:

mod A item 1: id=1

mod A item 2: id=2

mod A item 3: id=3

mod B item 1: id=4

mod B item 2: id=5

Could it then happen to a second person Y, that SDX starts with mod B first? So the ids are like this for him:

mod B item 1: id=1

mod B item 2: id=2

mod A item 1: id=3

mod A item 2: id=4

mod A item 3: id=5

On a server that would lead to problems.

Archived