True Survival

Spider

Is anyone else's skill books not giving them skill levels? i.e. spikedclubfordummies doesn't raise Spiked Club crafting skill. I wouldn't see a point for those books if they didn't do anything.

i have raised the same questions multiple times initially, but apparently the do give a skill experiences, but only REALLY seriously small exp.

try to read some skill books in which you still never had any exp at all on that skill(lv 1, no exp), then you'll notice there's a tiny bit of red bar added to the exp bar. and yea the description in the skill book which says it gave 350 exp is wrong tho. in reality, it might just give only 1-2 exp perhaps. might better to scrap those skill books instead to make into profession book.

I've run this mod on my server with the alpha 15.2 version and had no problems. I've been trying to get it running on the 16.2 version now and i'm getting the following error:

Missing method EasyAntiCheat.Server.Hydra.EasyAntiCheatServer<ClientInfo>::HandleClientUpdates(EasyAntiCheatServer`1/ClientStatusHandler<!0>) in assembly /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/EasyAntiCheat.Server.dll, referenced in assembly /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll

Here's what I'm running:

Ubuntu server version 17.04 with allocs scripts for server management. I removed everything, reinstalled the engine with alpha 16.2 build and then copied the files into the correct places as listed in server installation post. I've also removed allocs fixes from the Mods folder. I've tried doing this over and over multiple times and I get the same results every time. The only thing different from when I was running the alpha 15.2 version is that I've updated the operating system from Ubuntu version 14.04.

I do have EAC disabled in the config file as well.

The error that's shown above fills the log and also spams the console. If players try to connect they get the message that the server is still initializing and that they should try in a few minutes.

It takes about a minute or so after loading the server for that message to start appearing. At first everything seems like it's loading just fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Make sure the dedi is 16.2, heres the steamcmd code we use

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\7d2d +app_update 294420 -beta alpha16.2 -validate +quit

Make sure the dedi is 16.2, heres the steamcmd code we use

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\7d2d +app_update 294420 -beta alpha16.2 -validate +quit

Thanks for the reply. I am running 16.2. I removed everything and did a fresh install of 16.2. Here's part of my log file:

2017-10-11T01:03:27 0.054 INF Version: Alpha 16.2 (b7) Compatibility Version: Alpha 16.2, Build: Linux 64 Bit

2017-10-11T01:03:27 0.054 INF System information:

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.088 INF OS: Linux 4.10 Ubuntu 17.04 64bit

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.089 INF CPU: Intel® Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (cores: 8)

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.089 INF RAM: 64293 MB

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.089 INF GPU: Null Device (128 MB)

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.094 INF Graphics API: NULL 1.0 [1.0] (shader level 2.0)

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.099 INF Last played version: Alpha 16.2

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.099 INF Local UTC offset: -4 hours

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.100 INF Command line arguments: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 -logfile /home/sdtd/instances/sdx/logs/2017-10-11_01-03-27_output_log.txt -nographics -configfile=/home/sdtd/instances/sdx/config.xml

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.101 INF Parsing server configfile: /home/sdtd/instances/sdx/config.xml

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.125 INF Parsing server configfile successfully completed

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.126 INF Starting dedicated server level=Random Gen game name=Somewhere

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.126 INF Maximum allowed players: 32

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.126 INF Game mode: GameModeSurvivalMP

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.126 INF Dedicated server only build

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.128 INF Not running in Big Picture Mode, no on-screen keyboard available

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.128 INF Starting PlayerInputManager...

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.138 INF InControl (version 1.6.15 build 9076, native module = False, XInput = False)

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.226 INF Starting UserProfileManager...

2017-10-11T01:03:28 0.314 INF Texture quality is set to 3

Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/SDX.Core.dll (this message is harmless)

SDX: Mod Engine Started.

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

SDX: Finding type refs...

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

SDX: Loading mods assembly

Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/Mods.dll (this message is harmless)

SDX: Loaded!3

SDX: BlockCarAlarmLoot

SDX: BlockElectricDoor

SDX: GlassDoorOpen

It continues like above for a while and then it starts throwing the errors

@Spider

Day 194 and my group finally have some guns lol.

In Localization.xml doubleBarrel,,,,"Blunderbuss Double" should say something like "DoubleBarrel Shotgun" so as not to confuse it with the actual blunderbuss double.

Also, although not an error, the progression of guns feels wrong. At level 3 you max out your dismemberment and there is no reward for the remaining 97 levels. I feel at the very least these bonuses should be spread out a bit. Level 10, 40, 80 as an example (although this would mean the last 20 levels do nothing but you get the idea).

@Those having nutrition issues here's a few tips that may help;

Joints increase your metabolism making you more hungry/thirsty.

Painkillers make you thirsty.

Your temperature affects your metabolism (overheating makes you thirsty, freezing makes you hungry). You can control yur temperature by changing clothing with different insulation values, jumping into water, pouring water over your head, etc.

Food that has both a Fullness value and Hydration value can beat eaten and/or placed on your belt and used as a drink (even if you are at 100% Fullness).

I'm sure there are other tips out there too.

Cheers

@JakeSkully

Howdy, it sounds like you haven't updated the mod in a while. Steel armour and the related perk was removed from the current version.

Cheers

Thank you for the information about it being removed.

I use the "7DTD Mod Launcher" to keep the mod up to date so I do not know how I would have it as a perk but at least now I know the cause :)

I don't know if it's intended or not, but bone shiv's used on dog carcasses don't yield any loot. No bones, no hides, no rancid meat. Using a stone axe produces one rancid meat and one hide. Both bone shiv and stone axe were around 280 quality.

Yeah, it seems bone shivs have been downgraded to very poor 'butcher' quality (0.2). I think butcher tools in order of quality goes: bone shiv (0.2) -> stone axe (0.4) -> hunting/field/battle knife (1.0) .

Since stone axes are accessible from early game it gives no reason at all to use bone shivs for harvesting.

Edited by kungfu_baba (see edit history)

ok, what's the path to acquire a small knife?

I've found a hunting knife and made the smallknifeblade mold.

But it appears I need to reach level 10 in bladecraft before I learn the small knifeblade forging skill?

how do I gain bladecraft skillz without being able to make a smallknifeblade?

All my knives have been bone shivs and they go towards a different crafting skill.

I may be gaining a few bladecraft skills by sharpening the odd old knife or steak knife I find.

But is that the only way to raise bladecraft prior to being able to build a smallknifeblade?

It's going to be a long long way to bladecraft level 10!

i have raised the same questions multiple times initially, but apparently the do give a skill experiences, but only REALLY seriously small exp.

try to read some skill books in which you still never had any exp at all on that skill(lv 1, no exp), then you'll notice there's a tiny bit of red bar added to the exp bar. and yea the description in the skill book which says it gave 350 exp is wrong tho. in reality, it might just give only 1-2 exp perhaps. might better to scrap those skill books instead to make into profession book.

It says in the skill books it gives 350 XP for each read. It either doesn't seem like it gives 350 XP or there is ALOT of XP you have to gain to level up anything.

You are supposed to buy the bladecrafting skill with skill points, I guess. What I did, I found a small knife and kept damaging it and repairing, watching closely not to break it completely. Took me a couple of days grinding.

You can also craft spearheads in the forge, they give blade crafting

Windows 8.1

Is there by chance an issue with this mod and windows 8.1? A friend is trying to play but it won't go to the right mod. Even tried a manual install and still didn't work. Using the 7D2D mod Launcher. He was in the middle of installing this mod when the steam servers went down yesterday. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled still does not work for this mod.

Is there by chance an issue with this mod and windows 8.1? A friend is trying to play but it won't go to the right mod. Even tried a manual install and still didn't work. Using the 7D2D mod Launcher. He was in the middle of installing this mod when the steam servers went down yesterday. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled still does not work for this mod.

i'm using windows 8.1 and its working fine. if using the 7dtd mod launcher advanced mode, if i'm not mistaken it will copy the original game and create a separate True Survival folder for it. Try delete those standalone True Survival folder completely and try reinstall the mod again.

deleted everything

He has deleted everything, that he could find, the launcher, the folder of copies, the game from steam, steam itself, rebooted and still doesn't work. War of the Walkers works but it was already installed. He was in the middle of installing True Survival when steam went down. I feel that the problem file is one that does not get deleted on a uninstall. Any ideas?!!!