True Survival

Spider

Thanks Spider.

You truly know how to make the game interesting and 7D2D fun again!

I shudder to think how hard this mod will be when smell gets fixed. My motto is "run away! run away!" . Which works for now... :)

Charge your batteries and come back whn you can *really* make it tough for us.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

I've tried and so far it hasn't worked. I'm probably doing it wrong. (<--That's what she said)

Dead is Dead Note-

And because I'm a man of my word. Add this to your progression.xml to edit the "Dead is Dead" feature

<perk name="DeadIsDead" icon="run" description_key="DeadIsDead" title_key="DeadIsDead" max_level="1" skill_point_cost_multiplier="0" skill_point_cost_per_level="0" always_fire="true" group="health">
	<effect name="MinWellness">
		<add perk_level="0" value="[color="#FFFF00"]??[/color]"/>
		<add perk_level="1" value="[color="#FFFF00"]??[/color]"/>
	</effect>
</perk>

Put what every you want your minimum wellness to be where the yellow ?? are. Use the same number in both and it should work fine.

Edit: Nevermind.. helps to have more than 3 hours of sleep..

Edited by Deadpanh
duh moment (see edit history)

So Guys I have setup a server and I hope the portforwarding works correctly, can someone test this for me?

IP: 91.10.184.159:26900

ofcourse anyone is welcomed here, I will maintain the server as far as possible and have this running.

I will also take care of profile reset and stuff, so feel free to join =).

removed the password =)

Edited by thormyrdal (see edit history)

I downloaded in on my server (pingperfect). But when I try to log on it just says. Server still initializing.

Any ideas?

You wait till server start initializing.

First time (especially when you start a new seed ) takes a while to launch. In my case took arround 2 hours to fully load for the first time.

Downloaded it on server + followed instructions on my own games installation.

But why I start up 7days I only get a blackscreen?

Batman,

EDIT, it sometimes gives crash error

--> Unknown file version Data\managed\assembly-csharp.dll

EAC has to be disabled to run this mod, on server and client.

When I disable EAC, I get further in the menu. But game crashes on loading menu :S

Can you get me some log files? After failing to start True Survival, in the Mod Launcher, click on View -> Log Files. Then select the output_log.txt, and click on Upload Log file. It'll give you a pastebin.com link, and we can take a look at the error.

Can you get me some log files? After failing to start True Survival, in the Mod Launcher, click on View -> Log Files. Then select the output_log.txt, and click on Upload Log file. It'll give you a pastebin.com link, and we can take a look at the error.

After some tweaking with Mod launcher it suddenly worked. It didn't download the mod for some reason, only activate it. Had to reinstall again and then it would start download.

Btw, loving the mod but not really into the high lvl caps. Any way to give yourself the high lvl required for some items? Or tweak the mods files somewhere?

Batman

Btw, loving the mod but not really into the high lvl caps. Any way to give yourself the high lvl required for some items? Or tweak the mods files somewhere?

Batman

You can type in the console "giveselfxp <xp ammount>", this will totally break the balance of the game tho, player level is too important, even gamestage depends on it.

Anyone can tell me where I can get Blast Furnace?

I know I can get perk on 55 level. Is that all?

I've never seen books witn recipe.

But I need screwdrivers...

And more one question - how I can get springs? I won't be wonder if only with screwdriver! haha!

Screwdrivers are common in loot (in kitchen sinks if I remember correct), like really common. Even low quality screwdrivers last rather long. To repair it you need scrap steel (scrap those spoons and other steel stuff you find also in kitchens) and a screwdriver perk. The perk is available much earlier than blastfurnace. And I don't know any other way to get Blast Furnace besides unlocking the perk and crafting it.

Screwdrivers are common in loot (in kitchen sinks if I remember correct), like really common. Even low quality screwdrivers last rather long. To repair it you need scrap steel (scrap those spoons and other steel stuff you find also in kitchens) and a screwdriver perk. The perk is available much earlier than blastfurnace. And I don't know any other way to get Blast Furnace besides unlocking the perk and crafting it.

I'm not lucky. I've found only two screwdrivers for 13 days. And I lost their on 7th day when big horde zeds destroyed my house. It's pretty hard to make long travellings so I've been looting nearest ten houses and that is all.

Edited by trambalda
gramma errors (see edit history)

Is there enough interest for a proper dedicated server? Because I will start one if there is.

I've seen other servers been n gone already since on the forum but it would be a shame to see the mod die out.

I'm interested. But I hate PvP, and play only in PvE.

Hats off to Spider for a mod with some truly amazing design concepts. We've been playing it for a couple of weeks now on a private AWS RHEL 7 instance, and I've been tweaking it as we go when someone notices a problem (usually when I'm busy fleeing from a pack of dire wolves). A few of the things that we've found:

The nutrition system should work as implemented; but it doesn't. From our experience, it seems that it becomes harder and harder to avoid becoming 'malnourished' the longer you play (specifically, the more times you die). There's a post from another mod creator (that I can't seem to find at the moment) suggesting that permanent incremental custom buff values (like nutrition and scratch) can persist as a variable in player save files after death - which is a hard-coded issue, and not anything mod specific. I suspect that this is what's happening with the nutrition and scratch values and why they appear to increase faster and faster after each death. I'm trying to find a workaround, but for the time being I've locked the baseline nutrition and malnutrition values to 0 in buffs.xml:

<buff id="nutrition_30_Trigger" duration="1" actions="increment(nutrition, 30, 0, 0, 1);[b]min(nutrition, 0)[/b]" />
<buff id="nutritionFade" buffif="nutrition greater 0" debuffif="nutrition less 1" duration="0" actions="increment(nutrition, -1, 900, 0, 0);[b]min(nutrition, 0)[/b]" />

<buff id="scratch" duration="1" actions="increment(scratch, 1, 0, 0, 1);[b]max(scratch, 0)[/b]" />
<buff id="scratchesHealing" duration="0" buffif="scratch less 6" debuffif="scratch gequal 6" actions="increment(scratch, -1, 1200, 0, 0);[b]max(scratch, 0)[/b]" />

And then remove the requires="goodNutrition1Tag" flag from the eatFood Triggers so that food will potentially heal you:

<buff id="eatFood_1_Trigger" requires="goodNutrition1Tag" duration="1" actions="increment(CTRfood, 1, 0, 0, 1)"/>

to

<buff id="eatFood_1_Trigger" duration="1" actions="increment(CTRfood, 1, 0, 0, 1)"/>

Etc.. Also, the dismemberment chance for most perks doesn't seem correct: look at bladeWeaponsAction, for example, and cycle through the 1 to 100 levels and you'll see that it shows "None" for levels 4 to 100. In progression.xml, DismembermentChance is configured as:

<effect name="DismembermentChance">
                               <add perk_level="0" value="0" />
                               <add skill_level="1" value="0.1" />
                               <add skill_level="2" value="0.2" />
                               <add skill_level="3" value="0.3" />
                       </effect>

For a 1 to 100 increment, it should be something like:

<multiply perk_level="0" value="1"/>
                               <multiply skill_level="1,5" value="1,1.04"/>
                               <multiply skill_level="5,11" value="1.04,1.07"/>
                               <multiply skill_level="11,19" value="1.07,1.1"/>
                               <multiply skill_level="19,32" value="1.1,1.14"/>
                               <multiply skill_level="32,49" value="1.14,1.19"/>
                               <multiply skill_level="49,70" value="1.19,1.23"/>
                               <multiply skill_level="70,100" value="1.23,1.28"/>
                       </effect>

We've also added some quality of life changes (like more common gas, etc.) while trying to maintain the mod's focus on maximum challenge. I figure that it'll be another week or two of tweaks and general hitting of things with a hammer. After which, I'll upload the changes for anyone who wants to try them.

Hats off to Spider for a mod with some truly amazing design concepts. We've been playing it for a couple of weeks now on a private AWS RHEL 7 instance, and I've been tweaking it as we go when someone notices a problem (usually when I'm busy fleeing from a pack of dire wolves). A few of the things that we've found:

The nutrition system should work as implemented; but it doesn't. From our experience, it seems that it becomes harder and harder to avoid becoming 'malnourished' the longer you play (specifically, the more times you die). There's a post from another mod creator (that I can't seem to find at the moment) suggesting that permanent incremental custom buff values (like nutrition and scratch) can persist as a variable in player save files after death - which is a hard-coded issue, and not anything mod specific. I suspect that this is what's happening with the nutrition and scratch values and why they appear to increase faster and faster after each death. I'm trying to find a workaround, but for the time being I've locked the baseline nutrition and malnutrition values to 0 in buffs.xml:

<buff id="nutrition_30_Trigger" duration="1" actions="increment(nutrition, 30, 0, 0, 1);[b]min(nutrition, 0)[/b]" />
<buff id="nutritionFade" buffif="nutrition greater 0" debuffif="nutrition less 1" duration="0" actions="increment(nutrition, -1, 900, 0, 0);[b]min(nutrition, 0)[/b]" />

<buff id="scratch" duration="1" actions="increment(scratch, 1, 0, 0, 1);[b]max(scratch, 0)[/b]" />
<buff id="scratchesHealing" duration="0" buffif="scratch less 6" debuffif="scratch gequal 6" actions="increment(scratch, -1, 1200, 0, 0);[b]max(scratch, 0)[/b]" />

And then remove the requires="goodNutrition1Tag" flag from the eatFood Triggers so that food will potentially heal you:

<buff id="eatFood_1_Trigger" requires="goodNutrition1Tag" duration="1" actions="increment(CTRfood, 1, 0, 0, 1)"/>

to

<buff id="eatFood_1_Trigger" duration="1" actions="increment(CTRfood, 1, 0, 0, 1)"/>

Etc.. Also, the dismemberment chance for most perks doesn't seem correct: look at bladeWeaponsAction, for example, and cycle through the 1 to 100 levels and you'll see that it shows "None" for levels 4 to 100. In progression.xml, DismembermentChance is configured as:

<add perk_level="0" value="0" />
                               <add skill_level="1" value="0.1" />
                               <add skill_level="2" value="0.2" />
                               <add skill_level="3" value="0.3" />
                       </effect>

For a 1 to 100 increment, it should be something like:

<multiply perk_level="0" value="1"/>
                               <multiply skill_level="1,5" value="1,1.04"/>
                               <multiply skill_level="5,11" value="1.04,1.07"/>
                               <multiply skill_level="11,19" value="1.07,1.1"/>
                               <multiply skill_level="19,32" value="1.1,1.14"/>
                               <multiply skill_level="32,49" value="1.14,1.19"/>
                               <multiply skill_level="49,70" value="1.19,1.23"/>
                               <multiply skill_level="70,100" value="1.23,1.28"/>
                       </effect>

We've also added some quality of life changes (like more common gas, etc.) while trying to maintain the mod's focus on maximum challenge. I figure that it'll be another week or two of tweaks and general hitting of things with a hammer. After which, I'll upload the changes for anyone who wants to try them.

These changes sound great, please do upload them when you've got them more to your liking.

The nutrition system should work as implemented; but it doesn't. From our experience, it seems that it becomes harder and harder to avoid becoming 'malnourished' the longer you play (specifically, the more times you die). There's a post from another mod creator (that I can't seem to find at the moment) suggesting that permanent incremental custom buff values (like nutrition and scratch) can persist as a variable in player save files after death - which is a hard-coded issue, and not anything mod specific. I suspect that this is what's happening with the nutrition and scratch values and why they appear to increase faster and faster after each death....

i had problems myself understanding the nutrition system, what i did its show the nutrition value in the hud so as player i get more info of whats going on. Seeing the actual values gives it more sense.

[see code in next post]

nutrition does reset on death (at least in my singleplayer game)

malnourished reset when nutrition>=15

its indeed very hard not to get bad diet buff once u die.

Edited by Hydr0 (see edit history)

in buffs.xml to show Nutrition value on UI

<buff id="nutrition0" actions="debuff(nutrition1)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 0" debuffif="nutrition greater 0" name_key="0 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_malnourished3"/>
<buff id="nutrition1" actions="debuff(nutrition2)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 1" debuffif="nutrition greater 1" name_key="1 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_malnourished3"/>
<buff id="nutrition2" actions="debuff(nutrition3)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 2" debuffif="nutrition greater 2" name_key="2 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_malnourished3"/>
<buff id="nutrition3" actions="debuff(nutrition4)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 3" debuffif="nutrition greater 3" name_key="3 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_malnourished3"/>
<buff id="nutrition4" actions="debuff(nutrition5)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 4" debuffif="nutrition greater 4" name_key="4 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_malnourished3"/>
<buff id="nutrition5" actions="debuff(nutrition6)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 5" debuffif="nutrition greater 5" name_key="5 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_malnourished2"/>
<buff id="nutrition6" actions="debuff(nutrition7)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 6" debuffif="nutrition greater 6" name_key="6 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_malnourished2"/>
<buff id="nutrition7" actions="debuff(nutrition8)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 7" debuffif="nutrition greater 7" name_key="7 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_malnourished2"/>
<buff id="nutrition8" actions="debuff(nutrition9)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 8" debuffif="nutrition greater 8" name_key="8 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_malnourished2"/>
<buff id="nutrition9" actions="debuff(nutrition10)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 9" debuffif="nutrition greater 9" name_key="9 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_malnourished1"/>
<buff id="nutrition10" actions="debuff(nutrition11)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 10" debuffif="nutrition greater 10" name_key="10 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_malnourished1"/>
<buff id="nutrition11" actions="debuff(nutrition12)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 11" debuffif="nutrition greater 11" name_key="11 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_malnourished1"/>
<buff id="nutrition12" actions="debuff(nutrition13)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 12" debuffif="nutrition greater 12" name_key="12 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_malnourished1"/>
<buff id="nutrition13" actions="debuff(nutrition14)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 13" debuffif="nutrition greater 13" name_key="13 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_malnourished1"/>
<buff id="nutrition14" actions="debuff(nutrition15)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 14" debuffif="nutrition greater 14" name_key="14 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_malnourished1"/>
<buff id="nutrition15" actions="debuff(nutrition16)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 15" debuffif="nutrition greater 15" name_key="15 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition1"/>
<buff id="nutrition16" actions="debuff(nutrition17)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 16" debuffif="nutrition greater 16" name_key="16 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition1"/>
<buff id="nutrition17" actions="debuff(nutrition18)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 17" debuffif="nutrition greater 17" name_key="17 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition1"/>
<buff id="nutrition18" actions="debuff(nutrition19)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 18" debuffif="nutrition greater 18" name_key="18 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition1"/>
<buff id="nutrition19" actions="debuff(nutrition20)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 19" debuffif="nutrition greater 19" name_key="19 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition1"/>
<buff id="nutrition20" actions="debuff(nutrition21)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 20" debuffif="nutrition greater 20" name_key="20 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition1"/>
<buff id="nutrition21" actions="debuff(nutrition22)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 21" debuffif="nutrition greater 21" name_key="21 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition1"/>
<buff id="nutrition22" actions="debuff(nutrition23)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 22" debuffif="nutrition greater 22" name_key="22 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition1"/>
<buff id="nutrition23" actions="debuff(nutrition24)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 23" debuffif="nutrition greater 23" name_key="23 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition1"/>
<buff id="nutrition24" actions="debuff(nutrition25)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 24" debuffif="nutrition greater 24" name_key="24 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition2"/>
<buff id="nutrition25" actions="debuff(nutrition26)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 25" debuffif="nutrition greater 25" name_key="25 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition2"/>
<buff id="nutrition26" actions="debuff(nutrition27)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 26" debuffif="nutrition greater 26" name_key="26 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition2"/>
<buff id="nutrition27" actions="debuff(nutrition28)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 27" debuffif="nutrition greater 27" name_key="27 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition2"/>
<buff id="nutrition28" actions="debuff(nutrition29)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 28" debuffif="nutrition greater 28" name_key="28 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition2"/>
<buff id="nutrition29" actions="debuff(nutrition30)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 29" debuffif="nutrition greater 29" name_key="29 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition2"/>
<buff id="nutrition30" actions="debuff(nutrition31)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 30" debuffif="nutrition greater 30" name_key="30 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition2"/>
<buff id="nutrition31" actions="debuff(nutrition32)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 31" debuffif="nutrition greater 31" name_key="31 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition2"/>
<buff id="nutrition32" actions="debuff(nutrition33)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 32" debuffif="nutrition greater 32" name_key="32 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition2"/>
<buff id="nutrition33" actions="debuff(nutrition34)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 33" debuffif="nutrition greater 33" name_key="33 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition2"/>
<buff id="nutrition34" actions="debuff(nutrition35)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 34" debuffif="nutrition greater 34" name_key="34 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition2"/>
<buff id="nutrition35" actions="debuff(nutrition36)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 35" debuffif="nutrition greater 35" name_key="35 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition3"/>
<buff id="nutrition36" actions="debuff(nutrition37)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 36" debuffif="nutrition greater 36" name_key="36 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition3"/>
<buff id="nutrition37" actions="debuff(nutrition38)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 37" debuffif="nutrition greater 37" name_key="37 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition3"/>
<buff id="nutrition38" actions="debuff(nutrition39)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 38" debuffif="nutrition greater 38" name_key="38 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition3"/>
<buff id="nutrition39" actions="debuff(nutrition40)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 39" debuffif="nutrition greater 39" name_key="39 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition3"/>
<buff id="nutrition40" actions="debuff(nutrition41)" duration="0"  buffif="nutrition gequal 40" debuffif="nutrition greater 40" name_key="40 Nutrition" tooltip_key="Nutrition" description_key="Nutrition" icon="ui_game_symbol_goodNutrition3"/>

Edited by Hydr0
corrected typo in filename (see edit history)