True Survival

Spider

Very tough mod - thank you very much, Fun Pimps, and all other prefab smarties

PROBLEM: permanent death when not intentional

It's day 47-ish on Spider's mod and I lost my toon for what I believe must have been leaving on-time game/server with 90-100 wellness.

Returned to 'puter later that day to discover my toon was perm-death? THIS IS WEIRD!?!??!?!?!?

I am running a server with no wits about programming. is there any possible solution to this since I am have ZEROx200% interest in starting from scratch?

Guys, really, this is a problem and wiping the player file does not cut the mustard. PLEASE DONT CHANGE PERMAMENT DEATH. Just playing thru your game mod with as much integrity as possible... but this is a problem that I feel only a coder can handle at this point.

Any takers?

thanks for looking

JDT

server provider: BFS (I recommend)

Edited by mele1231 (see edit history)

Hi, I can't run 7d2d with True Survival mod.

Please help me.

I did everything according to the instruction:

- removed 7d2d and deleted remaining files

- redownloaded 7d2d from Steam

- downgraded from 16.3 to 16.2

- opened 7d2d mod laucher, choose "True survival A16.2" (Use EAC unchecked) pressed "Play mod"

I waited quite long time until install was finished, game run but I got the error message:

"The Steam client is not running or no connection possible"

If I've been starting vanilla game using Steam - the game run normally.

Hi, I can't run 7d2d with True Survival mod.

Please help me.

I did everything according to the instruction:

- removed 7d2d and deleted remaining files

- redownloaded 7d2d from Steam

- downgraded from 16.3 to 16.2

- opened 7d2d mod laucher, choose "True survival A16.2" (Use EAC unchecked) pressed "Play mod"

I waited quite long time until install was finished, game run but I got the error message:

"The Steam client is not running or no connection possible"

If I've been starting vanilla game using Steam - the game run normally.

ummm i usually got this error if the steam icon not active / appeared in my bottom-right side desktop. just to make sure, try accessing your steam library / profile by right clicking the steam icon, and leave that steam window opened. then start the true survival mod.

Very tough mod - thank you very much, Fun Pimps, and all other prefab smarties

PROBLEM: permanent death when not intentional

It's day 47-ish on Spider's mod and I lost my toon for what I believe must have been leaving on-time game/server with 90-100 wellness.

Returned to 'puter later that day to discover my toon was perm-death? THIS IS WEIRD!?!??!?!?!?

I am running a server with no wits about programming. is there any possible solution to this since I am have ZEROx200% interest in starting from scratch?

Guys, really, this is a problem and wiping the player file does not cut the mustard. PLEASE DONT CHANGE PERMAMENT DEATH. Just playing thru your game mod with as much integrity as possible... but this is a problem that I feel only a coder can handle at this point.

Any takers?

thanks for looking

JDT

server provider: BFS (I recommend)

you mean you forgot to log-out of the game and leave your character starving in-game ? happened once in the official server, a player with 100+ level got overslept while leaving his char online in game, starved until got perma-death. not sure if there's any workaround on that tho, the player do start all over again from scratch.

ummm i usually got this error if the steam icon not active / appeared in my bottom-right side desktop. just to make sure, try accessing your steam library / profile by right clicking the steam icon, and leave that steam window opened. then start the true survival mod.

I've checked icon, Steam is active. Reinstall/install/reboot didn't help.

Install game and mod on the my old laptop - all is ok, game's running.

Added lately: I've installed lastest version 7D2D Mod Launcher and... all works fine!

Edited by trambalda
problem's solved (see edit history)

i tried the mod with low expectations since i tried the other popular mods before and they just add more content. this one actually changes the way of playing the game. Great mod!, loving it so far.

problem: using items works only sometimes, for example i use painkiller and but get not effect (item consumed but no buff, also water level stays the same) this seems to happens with every item bandages /books 2/3 times they just do nothing. is this intended ?

problem: using items works only sometimes, for example i use painkiller and but get not effect (item consumed but no buff, also water level stays the same) this seems to happens with every item bandages /books 2/3 times they just do nothing. is this intended ?

It is adviced to use items from the tool belt, not from the inventory (not 'use' menu). Especially if you want to use some 'important' rare item (like read a schematics or something).

It is adviced to use items from the tool belt, not from the inventory (not 'use' menu). Especially if you want to use some 'important' rare item (like read a schematics or something).

thx, it does significantly improves the chance of working, also not doing anything else while using the item (not even moving) seems to improve the changes. still annoying tho.

If I just copy over the rwgmixer file from another mod in place of the file for this one would there be any major issues with balance or otherwise? I think Ore generation would be the only concern right? I just want to fix how bodies of water are always in a deep crater in the true survival RWG.

Nvm, just realized I can simply adjust the water table instead.

Edited by Xamllew (see edit history)

I really loved this mod in A15, but unfortunately, I have to say that the "Dead is Dead" mechanic is way too harsh. This mod is brutal enough as it is without that, and I would at least like to see this either removed, or altered in some way to make it less harsh, or even having it as an optional thing.

If I just copy over the rwgmixer file from another mod in place of the file for this one would there be any major issues with balance or otherwise? I think Ore generation would be the only concern right? I just want to fix how bodies of water are always in a deep crater in the true survival RWG.

Nvm, just realized I can simply adjust the water table instead.

Any edits I make to the config files are overwritten when I launch the game, I tried turning off auto-refresh mods, no change. Anyone know why?

I really loved this mod in A15, but unfortunately, I have to say that the "Dead is Dead" mechanic is way too harsh. This mod is brutal enough as it is without that, and I would at least like to see this either removed, or altered in some way to make it less harsh, or even having it as an optional thing.

Yeah, I think A15 was the best. Or maybe we should not start to mess with SDX at all. I don't think the 'dead is dead' mechanic is bad in itself, just the game needs more balancing, especially Nutrition mechanic. Looks like the mod grew too big for Spider to maintain it alone, and he got tired of it after all those years (totally understandable). Just give him some rest and let's hope one day he returns with new strength.

Announcement!!

The Official True Survival Server will be closing down today. I will also be stepping away from 7D2D for a while. I plan on letting a few Alphas pass or maybe even wait for Beta or Gold before completing the Mod. I'm just tiered of constantly rebuilding the mod and with the speed of development my interest in the game is starting to wain after 2 years of maintaining TS. So instead of forcing my self to continue maintaining TS until i began to hate it I will take a long break and hope that TFP can get some work done and get to Beta soon*

Feel free to use anything in my mod you would like. Code, assets, icons, modded systems or whatever. All I ask is that noone hijacks my mod name "True Survival" I would like to still use that when I eventually complete the Mod("Terms of use" updated on first page)

Dead is Dead Note-

And because I'm a man of my word. Add this to your progression.xml to edit the "Dead is Dead" feature

<perk name="DeadIsDead" icon="run" description_key="DeadIsDead" title_key="DeadIsDead" max_level="1" skill_point_cost_multiplier="0" skill_point_cost_per_level="0" always_fire="true" group="health">
	<effect name="MinWellness">
		<add perk_level="0" value="[color="#FFFF00"]??[/color]"/>
		<add perk_level="1" value="[color="#FFFF00"]??[/color]"/>
	</effect>
</perk>

Put what every you want your minimum wellness to be where the yellow ?? are. Use the same number in both and it should work fine.

Nutrition Note-

Also the nutrition system works fine when you understand what to expect. It takes a few in game days of eating Nutritious foods to raise your Diet Level and if you want to keep it there you need even longer of eating Nutritious Foods. Also it will take about 3 days to lose a complete diet level. It is not a buff you work on for a day and are finished but also not a buff you have to worry about immediately.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)