True Survival

Spider

He has deleted everything, that he could find, the launcher, the folder of copies, the game from steam, steam itself, rebooted and still doesn't work. War of the Walkers works but it was already installed. He was in the middle of installing True Survival when steam went down. I feel that the problem file is one that does not get deleted on a uninstall. Any ideas?!!!

Install fresh copy of 7d2d via steam, then verify the game from steam, then install the launcher, then install True Survival. THat SHOULD install a fresh copy, verify it, all should go fine, if not, he has bad issues

Oh, add iron and coal to input, in blast furnace, then you can make scrap steel, the add scraps back into blast furnace...

Oh you literally meant how to add steel, sorry I misunderstood.

But if you can find a hostel or hospital and harvest steel from them with the welding torch (then melt the steel and steel sheets in the furnace) I think you'll find that much faster.

Cheers

Oh you literally meant how to add steel, sorry I misunderstood.

But if you can find a hostel or hospital and harvest steel from them with the welding torch (then melt the steel and steel sheets in the furnace) I think you'll find that much faster.

Cheers

I didnt even think to use the welding torch in my hand....

What blocks to i use the welder tool on? Tool is only doing 1 point of damage

Edited by wolverine576 (see edit history)

I didnt even think to use the welding torch in my hand....

What blocks to i use the welder tool on? Tool is only doing 1 point of damage

It's specific for steel blocks. Look for blocks with 10k -12k life.

It took me a while to find them. the elevator shaft in the hospital, window trim on the hostel, parking spot outline in front of the hostel, the entire front entrance of the hostel, etc.

Another good tip that someone else pointed out; treat the welder as disposable since repairing isn't economical. Just make a new one when it breaks.

This block, upgrades to a square reinforced block.

<block id="273" name="rWoodStairs25">

<property name="Extends" value="rWoodMaster" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="woodFrameGroupDesc" />

<property name="Shape" value="New" />

<property name="Model" value="StairsFilledVerticalUV" />

<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted" />

<property name="UseGlobalUV" value="Global" />

<property name="Stairs" />

<property name="ImposterExchange" value="imposterRamp" param1="59" />

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="woodStairs25" />

It upgrades to

<block id="294" name="rWoodMetalBlock">

<property name="Extends" value="rWoodMetalMaster" />

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="rWoodBlock" />

Fixed, add part in green

<block id="273" name="rWoodStairs25">

<property name="Extends" value="rWoodMaster" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="woodFrameGroupDesc" />

<property name="Shape" value="New" />

<property name="Model" value="StairsFilledVerticalUV" />

<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted" />

<property name="UseGlobalUV" value="Global" />

<property name="Stairs" />

<property class="UpgradeBlock">

<property name="ToBlock" value="rScrapIronStairs25" />

</property>

<property name="ImposterExchange" value="imposterRamp" param1="59" />

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="woodStairs25" />

</block>

Edited by wolverine576 (see edit history)

What is needed to grow mushrooms?

I was able to make mushroom seeds during the Farm quest.

Mushrooms grow in the dark or light in any dirt (or even on a wall) but the yield is low or tiled soil where the yield is better but the best place like most plants is in fertilized dirt since you get the most yield.

Nitrite seems pretty scarce. What is the best way to mine it. Surface boulders is seriously slow going and I haven't found any surface nodes yet. Ran around snow biome and didn't have much luck either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Desert underground has it, wasteland, underground, according to my looking at biome xml. Those are the easiest lol Nitrate is meant to be a late game item, so it would be easy to find early game.

Learn to build with iron - gathered the wrench, now it says gather iron 0/1000 did that but it never changes from 0/1000. How do I get past that?

Did you gather iron sheets? You have to use the wrench on iron blocks that give iron sheets. I found the best place for me was the tall towers beside the factory since the blocks where only 300 HP's but gave sheets and nuts and bolts that you need in the next phase.

So I just installed this mod, I noticed I now have two Program_Files_(x86) So which one is the one used by the mod? If I want to edit XMLs or add prefabs, which one do I use?

Oh, and the game won't start. The launcher just tells me that it's "Refreshing Mods for True Survival A16.A" and is stuck on that.

Also, what XML do I edit to edit the settings as Spider suggested for proper gameplay?

Is there any beginner guide for A16.2? Because there's a lot to get your head around here.

I wish there was an install guide video, because I can't seem to get it right.

Edited by Moldy Bread (see edit history)

Player Reset-

thormyrdal

*All resets are done around 8AM EST. Please post your 17 number Steam ID with your request to have your player reset on The Official True Survival Server

ip : 172.96.166.18

port : 24565

password : spider

*Current players please make sure your files are current before logging in.

*First time players before logging into the Server for the first time please start up a SP game to insure you have the Mod installed properly

Oh, and the game won't start. The launcher just tells me that it's "Refreshing Mods for True Survival A16.A" and is stuck on that.

You need to wait when it says "Refreshing Mods...", don't kill the application, it is not frozen. It just takes a while (only while installing, not every time you start the game). It takes about an hour on my computer. If you killed the process, I suggest you delete the mod completely and start installation anew.