A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

For some reason, I can't access any containers (Storage boxes, secure boxes, etc...) but I can access my forge and my campfire.

With the XML fixes, I had no problems but I installed your Clockwork Project and now, like I said, I can't access my containers.

I forgot to do a backup before installing the mod. Can I take my Data folder from my computer and put it into my server?

Here's the Data folder from my server: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1x6TnAt_k3GRENnS2dtamNhV0U

Thanks a lot

EDIT: Oh well, I can't activate the Debug mode from the console as well. Maybe I f***ed up more than I thought.

For some reason, I can't access any containers (Storage boxes, secure boxes, etc...) but I can access my forge and my campfire.

With the XML fixes, I had no problems but I installed your Clockwork Project and now, like I said, I can't access my containers.

I forgot to do a backup before installing the mod. Can I take my Data folder from my computer and put it into my server?

Here's the Data folder from my server: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1x6TnAt_k3GRENnS2dtamNhV0U

Thanks a lot

EDIT: Oh well, I can't activate the Debug mode from the console as well. Maybe I f***ed up more than I thought.

Open up steam, go to library tab. Over over library tab, click tools, find 7 days to die dedicated server, download or install, right click, properties, local files, browse local files, thats your local dedi files, you can either uninstall them, then re-download to get vanilla back, then copy to your dedi server, if its not hosted on the PC you play on.

Cant find Smithing table in crafting menu. nor sleeping bag

The smithing table is made at the forge and the sleeping bag is crafted at the Tailoring table and requires a sewing machine which is crafted at the workbench.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot

I can access them fine and everything appears to be working perfectly for me so I suggest wiping the server files and reinstalling the mod onto the server from scratch, the Unofficial XML Fixes you previously installed will make no difference since my files for this mod will simply overwrite those Unofficial XML Fixes files. Hope you get it working.

I'm using 32 bit steamcmd version, this mod OK with that?

Should be fine I dont see how that would make any difference with anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Didnt realize the sleeping bag name changed to Bedroll lol?

Lol yeah and in vanilla its made of plant fibers instead of cloth as well which is weird since cloth is easy enough to get I did not see the need to change it, so I changed it back and even made it require cloth and cotton for stuffing. It might throw a guy off at first but I figured that you just didn't know it was crafted at the tailoring table. :)

Update (3/29/16)

+Blocks

Changed fixed gore blocks will now properly upgrade at the same rate as they did before and will properly tun into the diamond gore blocks that zombies can climb on.

And on a side note you might be interested to know that gore blocks prevent fall damage now, this change was made by TFP.

As for blocking doorways you can craft sod, destroyed stone or wood debris for that.

Don't see recipes for either destroyed stone or wood debris so i guess its sod.

Also I guess I really only have 1 question. Glue seems vital as without it you can't make any blocks, bases, etc. Yet it only seems to drop as part of junk table and you can't make it without beaker. Is that correct?

Don't see recipes for either destroyed stone or wood debris so i guess its sod.

Also I guess I really only have 1 question. Glue seems vital as without it you can't make any blocks, bases, etc. Yet it only seems to drop as part of junk table and you can't make it without beaker. Is that correct?

Yup that is correct, as for the wood debris you can get it by destroying stairs or certain wood blocks for eg, and as for obtaining glue it is meant to be that difficult and once you reach a town you should 100% get a pop N Pills to get a beaker to get your glue going, you will just need to make a forge first so that you can make forged iron so you can upgrade your oven in the prefab you are staying in.

I go over all of this in my Let's Play series and there is a link to that in the OP of this thread if you want to check it out.

In fact you will see me use wood debris to fortify my first base and make use of the environment to help me get in and out of my base as well as store loot and it shows the progression I took in order to get my workbench set up.

Cheers!

Update (3/30/16)

Fixed schematics now properly give you experience towards its related skill and also experience towards player level as well.

You can read about what I had to do to fix this HERE!

But the short story is now skill books work as intended and it now takes 4 books to level up a skill to the next level.

I also Fixed player level increases not awarding skill points!

Just loaded this into my test server and got the error message:

ERR Loading and parsing 'loot.xml' (lootgroup 'femur' does not exist or has not been defined before being reference by lootcontainer/lootgroup id='chickenCoop')

Checked the loot.xml and there is indeed only an <item name="femur" ...> in the junk loot group, while in loot group chicken coop it is mentioned as <item group="femur" .../>

Just loaded this into my test server and got the error message:

ERR Loading and parsing 'loot.xml' (lootgroup 'femur' does not exist or has not been defined before being reference by lootcontainer/lootgroup id='chickenCoop')

Checked the loot.xml and there is indeed only an <item name="femur" ...> in the junk loot group, while in loot group chicken coop it is mentioned as <item group="femur" .../>

Whoops, fixed now, sorry bout that, thanks for letting me know!

Update (3/30/16)

Updated to latest Unofficial XML Fixes!

Fixes added missing entity spawns to new biome

Fixes added missing AK47 from military weapons loot group

And I had already previously fixed the loot error posted by Puschpa but I am now including it as an official update note.

Fixed <item name="femur" count="4"/> in the Chicken Coop

Update (3/30/16)

Highly recommended update: This update fixes the inability to harvest bones from animals using the stone axe.

+Entityclasses

Changed harvesting of animals, you will now be able to harvest 1 bone from an animal using a stone axe and decreased amount of meats and animal hide a small amount.

+Rwgmixer

Removed crappy new utility station from towns and replaced it with the old waterworks one which is a lot nicer

Slight tweaking to spawn chances of wilderness poi spawns, all in all I am a lot happier with the results.

So far so good (now I have to update the loot, lol) and after just trying out vanilla 14 (all versions), I must admit that going back to your mod is definitely a new experience...and not in a bad way whatsoever. Keep it coming boss.

So far so good (now I have to update the loot, lol) and after just trying out vanilla 14 (all versions), I must admit that going back to your mod is definitely a new experience...and not in a bad way whatsoever. Keep it coming boss.

Lol, yeah sorry bout all the updates but I find things that need tweaking as I do my Let's Play series and I just want it to be perfect asap. :)

Installing the mod right now and if it works, I'll install it on my server :)

Great to hear, everything should work perfectly but keep in mind that if you install this on a server you will have to direct people who want to join to download and install the Mods folder manually in order for the custom in game icons to show up.

If you are interested I am currently doing a Let's Play series showcasing the mod and it would be a good way for you and others who might want to join your server to see how it all works.

Either way I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to hearing what you think once you have had a chance to experience it.

Update (3/31/16)

+Blocks

Updated to latest Unofficial XML Fixes, fixes glassCTRsheet texture issue.

+Progression

Rebalanced progression for perk unlocks:

Malee Weapons:

-Iron Spear Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 10

-Iron Club Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 10

-Barbed Club Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 30

-Sledgehammer Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 50

-Steel Spear Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 50

-Hunting Knife Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 60

-Spiked Club Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 70

-Machete Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 90

Ranged Weapons:

-Crossbow Crafting requires Gun Smithing lvl 10

-9mm Pistol Crafting requires Gun Smithing lvl 20

-MP5 Crafting requires Gun Smithing lvl 30

-Shotgun Crafting requires Gun Smithing lvl 40

-44 Magnum Crafting requires Gun Smithing lvl 50

-High Powered Rifle Crafting requires Gun Smithing lvl 60

-RPG Crafting requires Gun Smithing lvl 70

Tools:

-Stage 1 Tool Crafting unlocks fireaxeIron, pickaxeIron, shovelIron, hoeIron requires lvl 10 Tool Smithing

-Stage 2 Tool Crafting Unlocks clawHammer, wrench requires lvl 20 Tool Smithing

-Stage 3 Tool Crating Unlocks pickaxeSteel, fireaxeSteel, shovelSteel requires lvl 40 Tool Smithing

-Stage 4 Tool Crafting Unlocks nailgun, calipers, toolAndDieSet requires lvl 60 Tool Smithing

-Stage 5 Tool Crafting Unlocks chainsaw, partsChainsaw_parts, partsChainsaw_blade, auger, partsAuger_parts, partsAuger_blade requires lvl 80 Tool Smithing

-Stage 6 Tool Crafting Unlocks smallEngine and requires lvl 100 Tool Smithing

Minibike:

-Minibike Assembly requires Tool Smithing lvl 60 + Tailoring lvl 30 + Leatherworking lvl 30 + Miscellaneous Crafting lvl 50 (Unlocks minibikeChassis, minibikeSeat, minibikeHandlebars)

Armor Unlocks:

-Leather Armor Crafting requires Leatherworking lvl 20 (Unlocks all leather armor)

-Stage 1 Armor Smithing requires Armor Smithing lvl 10 (Unlocks Scrap Armor)

-Stage 2 Armor Smithing requires Armor Smithing lvl 30 (Unlocks nightvisionGoggles, swatHelmet, militaryHelmet, militaryGloves, militaryBoots, militaryLegArmor, militaryVest)

-Stage 3 Armor Smithing requires Armor Smithing lvl 50 (Unlocks iron Armor set)

Resources:

-Medical Crafting requires Science lvl 10 tier 1, 20 tier 2, 30 tier 3, (unlocks herbalAntibiotics tier 1, firstAidKit tier 2, antibiotics tier 3)

-Chemical Crafting requires Science lvl 20 tier 1, 30 tier 2, (Unlocks grainAlcohol tier 1, bioFuel tier 2)

-Leather Tanning requires Leatherworking lvl 10 (Unlocks leather crafting)

-Concrete Mixing requires Miscellaneous Crafting lvl 30 (Unlocks cementMixer) Note: Cement mixer is only place to craft concrete mix.

-Steel Smithing requires Miscellaneous Crafting lvl 50 (Unlocks forgedSteel)

Boah, Clockwork I HATE you - for the hourly updates, lots of work to do :-P - thanks for this :)

Since Valmar takes a break me and my admin team decided to fire up the

Clockwork Project to our server. Still testing on our test server - but if it's what we want, we will bring it live on weekend.

Archived