A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

I haven't done any crafting for my science skill, I bought the points. Just needed the antibiotics. :p I think exp from workstations are working. Have done a bit of short shotgun stock crafting and that works very well for gunsmithing. Aslong as you have the workstation windows open when crafting in them it looks like you get exp from every item.

I have got exp from crafting in smithing table, ammo table, workbench and tailoring table.

That is great to hear I was mainly worried that you would have to occupy the table in order to gain the experience properly or reliably. :)

Got some feedback on exp from workstations. Warning: This might be a small wall of text.

I did a little test experiment, I assume the skill progress bars are working. Made a new world with cheating enabled, then got all the workstations from the creative menu and placed them down. Also got the materials needed for crafting from the creative menu, and edited the "Quicker Crafting" perk level 1 value to 0.1 for faster crafting. (Cheated in exp enough for a level to get the perk.)

Started with the workbench and put 10 wood log spikes on crafting. Exited the workbench and open the skill menu. Looked for misc crafting and clicked it, waited until the crafting should be done and notice the skill progress bar did not move. After this I crafted 10 more wood log spikes while occupying the workstation and noticed I gained a level in misc crafting while occupying the workstation.

Did a similar crafting experiment with all the workstations, the forge and the oven. Got the same result with everything. Inventory crafting awards exp as normal, to confirm this queue up some wooden spikes and then open the skill tab, look for misc crafting, click the skill and watch the progress bar move as the crafting completes.

The conclusion I draw from this experiment is: You have to occupy the workstations to get exp from crafting with them.

After this I did a quick crafting test regarding the science skill. In order to get from level 1 to level 30 and crafting only First aid bandages you need to craft 555 of them, this will cost 2220 Aloe Vera plant and 1110 cloth. Crafting time needed is roughly 60 - 65 minutes real time. I did the testing with materials from the creative menu. In order to reach lvl 30 science on a regular game I think you will need to make glue and duct tape for exp in addition or make Hazmat gear in the tailoring table since it only require cloth which is easier to gather.

If you need access to antibiotics in a regular game where you might not find enough resources to craft this much I personally would spend 30 points to buy the levels needed. I have not done any math on skills levels or testing whether you can buy most of the skills needed for a solo game.

I hope this information is helpful. :D

Got some feedback on exp from workstations.

I hope this information is helpful. :D

Awesome thank you, and that is exactly what I suspected was going to happen. I just knew TFP would not have that fixed, on the bright side TFP did fix the loot quality issue from crafting quality items at workstations so that is a good thing.

And it seems that the amount of aloe and cloth needed to get to level 30 for crafting them is a perfectly balanced number as well so that is also really great news.

As far as I can tell everything seems to be fairly well balanced IMO the only thing I need to change is how many skill point it costs to purchase everything since I did not do the full math on everything until now.

You only get a total of 1000 skill points to spend after reaching lvl 200 and with all of the perks purchased I want people to have about 300 skill points to spend on other skills and currently you dont not quite get that much atm.

Thank you very much for all of the work you have done with testing this, please post this in the bug forums as well in hopes that TFP will in fact fix this issue.

Update (4/7/16)

+Progression

-Increased cost of recipe unlock perks to 5 skill points from 1

I have done full calculations and balancing in regards to how many skill points you get in total and how many skill points it costs to unlock all perks including the new ones that I have added.

I wanted to you to be left with about 300 skill points to be able to choose 3 skills to level to max using skill points

(Obviously this does not include quests that award skill points)

So I have removed 3 perks in order to achieve this:

-Removed Survivor Perk (Did not like this perk anyways and wanted to remove it so, win win.)

-Removed The Camel Perk (Same as Survivor perk.)

-Removed Treasure Hunter Perk (Seemed to be the most useless perk anyways so definitely not a big deal if it stayed or not. Also not knowing exactly where the treasure is, is half the fun of trying to find it, this perk only sucks the fun out of trying to find it.)

Now you should have roughly 300 skill points to be able to spend into actual skills to level them up if you so choose.

*mimimimimi* update again! And thanks :D - this is how I like a mod to be developed! :)

Question - since you overhauled the perks tree massively, would it need a new start for players on MP server - dunno if my players would be amused oO

*mimimimimi* update again! And thanks :D - this is how I like a mod to be developed! :)

Question - since you overhauled the perks tree massively, would it need a new start for players on MP server - dunno if my players would be amused oO

Nope dont have to restart or anything, at least you shouldn't have to, everything should just update. :)

EDIT: Also make sure everyone on the server installs the mod manually since the localization files, progression file, quests file and mods folder wont be pushed automatically.

Nope dont have to restart or anything, at least you shouldn't have to, everything should just update. :)

EDIT: Also make sure everyone on the server installs the mod manually since the localization files, progression file, quests file and mods folder wont be pushed automatically.

Thanks for the info, I pack all those files in a rar, upload it to my drive and provide the link on our server website, also added server messages - so everyone should get it :)

Update (4/8/16)

I have been doing a lot of discussing certain issues with zombie dogs particularly on servers. I myself only play SP and I have never had any issues with dogs ever hitting me until A14, I did not get much play time in A13 so I can not say for sure if the problem started then or now.

However after a lot of discussion and after I myself going back to A9.3 for some comparison testing I have come to the conclusion that Zombie Dogs did receive a rather large buff in regards to their speed and ability to hit you, now personally I love the challenge but I also hate something that is not balanced properly at the same time.

So I have made some very very small changes to the zombie dogs so that they are still buffed in comparison to A9.3 yet not overpowered like they are currently, after a lot of play testing I feel that I have now balanced them perfectly.

People on servers should now have a much more enjoyable experience against them so long as your latency is not the cause of the problem.

+Entityclasses

Changed Zombie Dogs approach speed to 1.5 from 1.6 during the day only!

What this means exactly is:

On flat terrain only!

During the day you can out run the Zombie Dog while not wearing anything with encumbrance but only barely and you will not be struck unless running up hill or on terrain that slows you down.

During the day with full Iron Armor the Zombie Dog runs at the exact same speed as you and will chase you forever and can still easily hit you if you are not careful!

During the night the Zombie Dog will outrun you and be able to hit you no matter what encumbrance or stamina buffs you have and you will be dog meat!

+Items

handZombieDog: Changed attack reach to 1.5 from 1.8

What this means exactly is:

You will not notice any difference! (But it should help those on servers due to latency.)

During the day you should be able to outrun the Zombie dog while not wearing anything with encumbrance but only barely and you will not be struck unless running up hill or on terrain that slows you down.

During the day with full Iron Armor the Zombie Dog runs at the exact same speed as you and will chase you forever and can still easily hit you if you are not careful!

During the night the Zombie Dog will outrun you and be able to hit you no matter what encumbrance or stamina buffs you have and you will be dog meat!

Hey I forgot, the XUI dont affect the rest of the mods right? I dont like seeing all of that stuff on screen and the time and date stuff on top are to small to see from bed. P.S. bed ridden so I cant sit in front of a screen.

I can make up a vanilla version that does not have any food hunger bars or anything and you do need to use the xui in order for the workstations to work.

@ JayzenFreeze

Ok you can now download a vanilla version of the UI from the main page under Ui Version Pack. let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers!

PS. Thanks for your help with the textures!

Thanks mate will check it out now, your awesome as always.

Umm how do I make glue now? Got lots of bones and the other tables need glue to make but all my glue was turned to tape for other stuff.

You have to upgrade an existing oven in a prefab with forged Iron to turn it into a working oven, that will grant you access to beaker related recipes like glue.

Or you can also get glue from harvesting cars with a wrench to get duct tape and you can crafting 3 duct tape back into 1 glue or looting and killing zombies and trash for it.

I suggest you watch my Let's Play Series if you get the time and feel like it, it will at least show you how to get set up and probably show you what not to do as well. :)

You have to upgrade an existing oven in a prefab with forged Iron to turn it into a working oven, that will grant you access to beaker related recipes like glue.

Or you can also get glue from harvesting cars with a wrench to get duct tape and you can crafting 3 duct tape back into 1 glue or looting and killing zombies and trash for it.

I suggest you watch my Let's Play Series if you get the time and feel like it, it will at least show you how to get set up and probably show you what not to do as well. :)

might have to do that, can or did you make a basic one where you show what you put in and what is needed to get what? I usually use mods but I usually just like the ones that add recipes and extra stuff, not having to build extra stuff to make other stuff like the thing requiring nails to make a nail mold when I never pick up nails. I also wondered why the campfire was missing a slot and my beaker in it was gone and having to keep adding a bunch of molds can be a pain for me. I will need to watch though if I cant just play with the ability to use the extra recipes with a regular forge fireplace and what you can usually make in the crafting screen. Would it be a lot of work for you to make all the extra recipes ammo types cooking items extra seeds etc without the extra steps stuff added and changed? Or just added to one specific crafting table like the new one they added in game? Let me know thanks.

might have to do that, can or did you make a basic one where you show what you put in and what is needed to get what? I usually use mods but I usually just like the ones that add recipes and extra stuff, not having to build extra stuff to make other stuff like the thing requiring nails to make a nail mold when I never pick up nails. I also wondered why the campfire was missing a slot and my beaker in it was gone and having to keep adding a bunch of molds can be a pain for me. I will need to watch though if I cant just play with the ability to use the extra recipes with a regular forge fireplace and what you can usually make in the crafting screen. Would it be a lot of work for you to make all the extra recipes ammo types cooking items extra seeds etc without the extra steps stuff added and changed? Or just added to one specific crafting table like the new one they added in game? Let me know thanks.

Yeah that is a lot of work and completely against the whole progression of the mod itself I am afraid, having those things locked at certain tables is what makes the mod progression and increases the survival aspect. Molds are part of the whole inventory management and organization aspect as well as the fact that you need to find at least one before you can make more.

If I ever decide to update my Let Me Decorate mod that might be more to your liking but atm it is too much for me to maintain two mods.

Yeah that is a lot of work and completely against the whole progression of the mod itself I am afraid, having those things locked at certain tables is what makes the mod progression and increases the survival aspect. Molds are part of the whole inventory management and organization aspect as well as the fact that you need to find at least one before you can make more.

If I ever decide to update my Let Me Decorate mod that might be more to your liking but atm it is too much for me to maintain two mods.

was afraid you might say that, its cool thanks for responding and its still a sweet mod.

Update (4/9/16)

+Spawning

Removed broken wrap code from wandering hordes ( Since I have already manually specified wandering hordes up until day 756 there is no need for the wrap code to be present anyways )

This should fix endless zombie spawning but needs to be tested.

Worst case scenario is that it does not fix anything and you wont notice any difference, this change will not affect anything poorly since I have already specified roaming horde days up to day 756

Archived