A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

Stated as new player with this mod. Is there no craftable containers? Only thing i can figure out is i have to make them using nails, which requires a nail mold, which the mold requires nails, that means i have yo go out and scavenge for nails. Am i right?

Yup you will need at least 1 nail to make a nail mold to use in the forge to make more or yo can find more too but tha will be harder.

You will also have to craft a workbench before you will be able to craft any containers or pretty much anything since a lot of recipes are at the workbench only and not available from your main character crafting window. the workbench will also require a hammer before you will be able to craft any containers or wood frames as well.

To find a hammer simply search a lot of sinks and you will get some eventually.

If you are having issues or need to know more about the specifics of the mod and how the recipes work you can watch my Let's Play series and it shows all that stuff.

Stated as new player with this mod. Is there no craftable containers? Only thing i can figure out is i have to make them using nails, which requires a nail mold, which the mold requires nails, that means i have yo go out and scavenge for nails. Am i right?

As soon as you have a forge you can make nails, craft a clawhammer, make a workbench, add the clawhammer there as tool, and craft containers like secure chests etc. You need to scavenge only 1 initial nail for the mold :)

Update (4/2/16)

Quests

Added pop up window indicating to check your quests tab

Changed quests to now only track the stone axe crafting quest automatically.

Again this changes the initial quest starting phase so a game restart would be required, this update is not entirely necessary it only changes how the quest stops tracking after stone axe is completed and adds a pop up window to indicate that you should check your quest tab.

Clockwork your mod is awesome! It makes the game a lot more immersive (the use of nails make a lot more sense). The progression is better (in vanilla I had a lvl 300 axe within the first day) and your skilletree gives the game a more RPG kinda feel.

I never had such a big problem getting a base going! No sleepingbag makes the game quite different :p, getting infected alwell. I had to go into the hub on day three to find a potato or some antibiotics. A dog ended my missery however :).

Keep up the good work!

Clockwork your mod is awesome! It makes the game a lot more immersive (the use of nails make a lot more sense). The progression is better (in vanilla I had a lvl 300 axe within the first day) and your skilletree gives the game a more RPG kinda feel.

I never had such a big problem getting a base going! No sleepingbag makes the game quite different :p, getting infected alwell. I had to go into the hub on day three to find a potato or some antibiotics. A dog ended my missery however :).

Keep up the good work!

Lol that is awesome, keep in mind that you can also find honey poultice on nurses and in medicine cabinets and pill cases too that will cure infection as well. It is great to hear you are enjoying the mod and thank you for the feedback. :)

Lol that is awesome, keep in mind that you can also find honey poultice on nurses and in medicine cabinets and pill cases too that will cure infection as well. It is great to hear you are enjoying the mod and thank you for the feedback. :)

lol RNG was messing with me, i looted about 20 nurses, 10-15 medicine cabinets, all the fridges i could find (only needed a potato for the honey poultice), found nothing I could use. That reminds me fridges were almost always empty.

I changed all your crafting tables to drop themself on destruction, couldn't be bothered to get more glue just to start my real base (I had a temp base for a few days).

lol RNG was messing with me, i looted about 20 nurses, 10-15 medicine cabinets, all the fridges i could find (only needed a potato for the honey poultice), found nothing I could use. That reminds me fridges were almost always empty.

I changed all your crafting tables to drop themself on destruction, couldn't be bothered to get more glue just to start my real base (I had a temp base for a few days).

Lol damn that luck, I can see why you would want to do that with the benches but if you can already make glue with a beaker its pretty much no bother at all to make it since you can even harvest dead zombie bodies before they turn to gore blocks to get bones even if you cant find animals.

If you dont have a beaker then yeah base swapping is not as easy but that is half the battle and part of the mod mechanic that makes whatever building you choose to be a good one since you will have to defend it so you can protect your precious tables. :)

Just found 3 beakers and a whole lot of anti biotics in a crate. Only 2 days to late :p.

About the craftingtables, I saw in the xml, that one of them drops 50% of the items needed to make it, so only thought it a small step futher, can understand the defend your base with the tables part, but with all the limitations on crafting you are almost forced to make a small base first (plus a table should be movable :p). It also just might be my current seed (a lot of water, where I started only one single semi defendable poi before the hub city), but started my first real base on a little island.

One real balance problem however is the cost of molten iron or the number of molten iron needed for the different parts. If I for example craft a pistol reciever with one molten iron (cost 10), i can melt that reciever down for 20 iron.

Oh man I forgot to balance the weapon part crafting and weapon parts when I added them. Sorry about that, I have now fixed and balance the recipes and weights of the all the weapon parts including the auger and chainsaw parts and the tool & die set and the calipers.

So sorry bout that nothing I hate worse than something not balanced properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Update (4/2/16)

+Items

Fixed weight values for all weapon parts, chainsaw and auger parts, small engine, nailgun, tool & die set, and calipers

+Recipes

Fixed recipe costs for all weapon parts, chainsaw and auger parts, tool & die set, and calipers

Quest "Craft a Smithing Table" - it is not considered as done after crafting the Smithing Table and taking it from the forge. This is maybe due to it is crafed "external" in a work station, not in inventory, so it does not count towards "done".

Placing it is counted, but not the crafting action itself :(

Quest "Craft a Smithing Table" - it is not considered as done after crafting the Smithing Table and taking it from the forge. This is maybe due to it is crafed "external" in a work station, not in inventory, so it does not count towards "done".

Placing it is counted, but not the crafting action itself :(

Well that sucks i might have to not bother with quests at all if they will not work if they are crafted at a workstation. I could change everything that is crafted a workstation to gather item since for the most part in order to gather it you have to craft it but some items like iron armor can be gathered and I want it to have to be crafted to complete the objective.

Can you test the sewing machine for me and see if it completes the objective if crafted at the workbench?

Well that sucks i might have to not bother with quests at all if they will not work if they are crafted at a workstation. I could change everything that is crafted a workstation to gather item since for the most part in order to gather it you have to craft it but some items like iron armor can be gathered and I want it to have to be crafted to complete the objective.

Can you test the sewing machine for me and see if it completes the objective if crafted at the workbench?

You can change quest to be FetchKeep quest instead.

You can change quest to be FetchKeep quest instead.

Yes I know that is what I was saying in my post but the issue is with some quests liek craft Iron Armor if I set it to fetchkeep you can just gather iron armor from loot and have it count towards the quest.

Or someone could craft it for you and just give it to you and it would count as you completing it also.

I think maybe if you dont leave the workstaion while it is crafting and watch it complete it will count towards the objective completed.... maybe....

Love it

I have to say that I love, LOVE this Mod. I started playing 7DtD about a month ago and almost instantly installed your mod after finding it on Youtube.

I just uploaded the newest version and started a new world, I wish I was lucky like you to find a good starting location so far all one story houses with little to no "safe" storage. Got to keep looking..

I have to say that I love, LOVE this Mod. I started playing 7DtD about a month ago and almost instantly installed your mod after finding it on Youtube.

I just uploaded the newest version and started a new world, I wish I was lucky like you to find a good starting location so far all one story houses with little to no "safe" storage. Got to keep looking..

That is awesome, I am happy to hear you are loving the mod, hope you can find a good starting town to set up in. Thank you for the feedback it is always appreciated! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Update (4/3/16)

+Quests

Changed start a base quest to no longer require you to craft the wood frames but to just gather them instead.

Important!

This is an update message for everyone using the mod and trying to complete the quests!

You must not leave the workbench and you must watch the item finish crafting in order for the quest objective to be considered completed!

For eg, if you need to craft a sewing machine at the workbench to complete the quest do not leave the bench until it finishes crafting or make sure you are occupying the bench before it finishes at the very least!

Same goes for any quest objective items that are crafted at any workstation!

I hope TFP fix this soon!

Hi Clockwork Orange. I wonder if you can reduce the amount of canned food and bottled water in loot? I find it rather abundant and I have no need to produce something of my own. Looting three houses will usually supply me for a week of food. You added negative wellness, which is a good start but -0.1 is not enough.

Instead of food, how about Sham Sandwiches or Moldy Bread (which needs negative wellness btw.)?

Hi Clockwork Orange. I wonder if you can reduce the amount of canned food and bottled water in loot? I find it rather abundant and I have no need to produce something of my own. Looting three houses will usually supply me for a week of food. You added negative wellness, which is a good start but -0.1 is not enough.

Instead of food, how about Sham Sandwiches or Moldy Bread (which needs negative wellness btw.)?

I agree and so your wish is my command, these changes are going to need heavy play testing and I need you to leave me feedback on how you feel about the nerfs and if they were too strong.

Update (4/4/16)

+Blocks

Added <property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="false" /> to master blocks to ensure they cant spawn on player made blocks since most player made blocks extend from a master block.

+Items

Changed all canned food now has a -0.5 wellness from -0.1

Moldy bread and old sham sandwiches now have -0.5 wellness

+Loot

Lootgroup changes:

coldfood:

-Removed rotting flesh

-Removed eggs

beverages:

-bottledWater now has prob="0.05"

-beer now has prob="0.05"

cupboard:

cannedfood now has prob="0.05"

seeds increased prob="0.1" from prob="0.05"

bottledWater now has prob="0.05"

Loot Containers:

suitcase:

-cannedfood now has prob="0.1"

fat zombie loot:

-cannedfood now has prob="0.03" from prob="0.05"

purse:

-pistol+ammo now has prob="0.05" from prob="0.15"

-junk now has prob="0.15" from prob="0.05"

-cannedfood now has prob="0.05"

-bottledWater now has prob="0.05"

Update (4/4/16)

+Blocks

All Blocks that are not natural terrain blocks now have the <property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="false" /> code

This should ensure that you an keep a mob spawning free base unless you have asphalt inside your base for eg the water treatment plant, or dirt sand stone etc,

+Recipes

Added new wood stairs recipe

Archived