A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

Heya Clockwork! ^^

First of all, thanks for your work mate, having fun with your mod past couple of days, and watching your LP(finally got my vlc to play youtube playlists ^^). I've been a long time lurker(~A6), but due to some unwanted ocasitions, decided to finally got myself involved on forums too, so now just gonna poke you guys directly instead of just waiting. ^^

Now, few questions if I may:

1 - Any chance to maybe put a changelog in 1st post, or somewhere? Coming from a lurker really, but instead of tracking your last posts, it would be handy to know what's last changed. :) Or I'm just blind and can't figure out where is it at. x)

2 - Would you mind if I poke you in few days about some modding questions? I feel if I already joined the community, I might as well start sharing info, as well as work with other modders. ^^

Heya Clockwork! ^^

First of all, thanks for your work mate, having fun with your mod past couple of days, and watching your LP(finally got my vlc to play youtube playlists ^^). I've been a long time lurker(~A6), but due to some unwanted ocasitions, decided to finally got myself involved on forums too, so now just gonna poke you guys directly instead of just waiting. ^^

Now, few questions if I may:

1 - Any chance to maybe put a changelog in 1st post, or somewhere? Coming from a lurker really, but instead of tracking your last posts, it would be handy to know what's last changed. :) Or I'm just blind and can't figure out where is it at. x)

2 - Would you mind if I poke you in few days about some modding questions? I feel if I already joined the community, I might as well start sharing info, as well as work with other modders. ^^

Great to hear you are enjoying the mod, I will start keeping a changelog but currently the only real changelog is my posts so you will just have to scroll through a few pages to see them all. :)

If you need help trying to mod anything feel free to post a help thread on the modding section of the forums and usually Valmar and or I respond as soon as we are able to.

Thanks for watching the series and the feedback! Cheers! :)

Great to hear you are enjoying the mod, I will start keeping a changelog but currently the only real changelog is my posts so you will just have to scroll through a few pages to see them all. :)

If you need help trying to mod anything feel free to post a help thread on the modding section of the forums and usually Valmar and or I respond as soon as we are able to.

Thanks for watching the series and the feedback! Cheers! :)

Hah, will do, thanks. ^^

Also, forgot to mention, but in your progression guide, your LP link doesn't work. I guess you did quick copy/paste from here to gdocs, and that link got pasted as cut text. :)

EDIT: Also, have I messed up instalation, or is localization for most quests missing? As in, in only contains placeholders?

Hah, will do, thanks. ^^

Also, forgot to mention, but in your progression guide, your LP link doesn't work. I guess you did quick copy/paste from here to gdocs, and that link got pasted as cut text. :)

EDIT: Also, have I messed up instalation, or is localization for most quests missing? As in, in only contains placeholders?

Thanks for letting me know hopefully the link is now fixed, and all quests should have localization for them and all seem to be working...

If you click on a quest in the quests tab it should show you the proper information in the info box, I am not to sure what you mean by placeholders... Maybe try reinstalling, also if you are on a server anyone who joins the server has to manually install the mod becasue those files do not get automatically pushed.

Alpha_14.5_2016-04-10_18-33-26.jpg.0ab243194e9ea7c433efdc39765ebfe7.jpg

I think this may be better explanation, instead of just plain text. Not sure how would the instalation go wrong, as I always replace xml's with yours, including new localization/quests etc files. Will try in few hours too, once I update to your latest version(so many updates, so many backups to make xD ).

This is SP, not MP btw.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14408[/ATTACH]

I think this may be better explanation, instead of just plain text. Not sure how would the instalation go wrong, as I always replace xml's with yours, including new localization/quests etc files. Will try in few hours too, once I update to your latest version(so many updates, so many backups to make xD ).

This is SP, not MP btw.

Idk what is going on with the localization with those quests it seems that 14 of the quests are not showing the localization for them yet I did nothing wrong with the localization or the quests file so I am at a loss for now until i figure it out. Thanks for letting me know. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Clockwork,

I'm really impressed with your mod. This restores the difficulty of the early game I was feeling when I started playing it (over a year ago).

Excellent work, keep it up!

Thanks! Great to hear you are enjoying the mod, and thank you for the feedback! :)

Hi Clockwork,

Another little piece of feedback from my side. I like difficulty, but I think it's gone a bit over the top with the amount of glue and other resources necessary to create a bed-roll. IMHO, the requirements before being able to craft storage units/frames is okay, but it's pretty undoable to find first 5 glue for the textile table (forgot the name), and then 10 glue for the crafting table to create the sewing machine.

Keep up the good work :)

Hi Clockwork,

Another little piece of feedback from my side. I like difficulty, but I think it's gone a bit over the top with the amount of glue and other resources necessary to create a bed-roll. IMHO, the requirements before being able to craft storage units/frames is okay, but it's pretty undoable to find first 5 glue for the textile table (forgot the name), and then 10 glue for the crafting table to create the sewing machine.

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks for the feedback, but after playing it myself extensively now I feel it is balanced perfectly, first thing to prioritize is the workbench over the tailoring table.

Once you get more experience with the mod you will see what I mean but I am uploading a fresh LP that shows exactly what to do to get everything set up by day 2.

By end of day two I had the forge, workbench, tailoring table, and smithing table all set up and just had to get the spring from a car with a wrench the next morning to make the sewing machine.

You can get glue by crafting down duct tape or harvesting cars with a wrench, you can craft a wrench at the smithing table once you unlock it with tool smithing lvl 2 I believe which is easy to get to if you dont find a wrench by then.

You can also make sure to get a beaker from the Pop N Pills and cook glue at the working oven after you upgrade an existing one.

Once you get the hang of it it feels perfect, at least to me it does.

Thanks again and hope you continue to enjoy the mod! :)

Thanks for the feedback, but after playing it myself extensively now I feel it is balanced perfectly, first thing to prioritize is the workbench over the tailoring table.

Once you get more experience with the mod you will see what I mean but I am uploading a fresh LP that shows exactly what to do to get everything set up by day 2.

By end of day two I had the forge, workbench, tailoring table, and smithing table all set up and just had to get the spring from a car with a wrench the next morning to make the sewing machine.

You can get glue by crafting down duct tape or harvesting cars with a wrench, you can craft a wrench at the smithing table once you unlock it with tool smithing lvl 2 I believe which is easy to get to if you dont find a wrench by then.

You can also make sure to get a beaker from the Pop N Pills and cook glue at the working oven after you upgrade an existing one.

Once you get the hang of it it feels perfect, at least to me it does.

Thanks again and hope you continue to enjoy the mod! :)

Thanks for the extended reply! I didn't know about the wrench-crafting at the smithing table, I should look into that.. That should make it more easy :)

Thanks for the extended reply! I didn't know about the wrench-crafting at the smithing table, I should look into that.. That should make it more easy :)

Lol i did curse clockwork a bit when trying to get my sleeping back the first time :p. Especially as I died and spawned on the otherside of the map. However I do agree with it being the right amount of difficult. I do however play on 120 min days (want to build a bit). It's a great mod!

Day 3 on my tour of A Clockwork Project and I have all the various work tables, a forge, a working oven, green tools and weapons, access to iron tools, as well as wrenches and hammer. Making a cobblestone wall around my house, lining the base of the house with spikes, and have a small farm going with almost all plantable types. All of this, while living in a combination Wasteland/Burnt biome town. For those who are complaining about it being too hard, its not, its balanced, much more so than the base game is.

Day 3 on my tour of A Clockwork Project and I have all the various work tables, a forge, a working oven, green tools and weapons, access to iron tools, as well as wrenches and hammer. Making a cobblestone wall around my house, lining the base of the house with spikes, and have a small farm going with almost all plantable types. All of this, while living in a combination Wasteland/Burnt biome town. For those who are complaining about it being too hard, its not, its balanced, much more so than the base game is.

Lol at the complaining part!

On Topic, I found the last gore blocks better, because you see the other texture less often.

Lol at the complaining part!

On Topic, I found the last gore blocks better, because you see the other texture less often.

If you are talking about them being the oil deposit texture then i have to say at first I liked it more but TBH I dont like the sound it makes when you hit them because of the texture, the texture for some reason is what decides what sound to play when hit and not the material.

And with them looking like dirt I dont mind the sound at all and as a bonus it can be more difficult to spot them which will add to the heatmap. :)

If you are talking about them being the oil deposit texture then i have to say at first I liked it more but TBH I dont like the sound it makes when you hit them because of the texture, the texture for some reason is what decides what sound to play when hit and not the material.

And with them looking like dirt I dont mind the sound at all and as a bonus it can be more difficult to spot them which will add to the heatmap. :)

Lol, the sound was indeed horrible! Heatmap is a good argument! Getting ready for the first test of my base (2 squares 7x7, lot of iron bars and a massive amount of spikes to guide the zombies over).

Lol, the sound was indeed horrible! Heatmap is a good argument! Getting ready for the first test of my base (2 squares 7x7, lot of iron bars and a massive amount of spikes to guide the zombies over).

Nice, sounds solid enough for the beginning hordes at least, spikes should make short work of them. Dont forget about the spider zombies though! :)

Nice, sounds solid enough for the beginning hordes at least, spikes should make short work of them. Dont forget about the spider zombies though! :)

I always have an overhang. I am not that great a shot, so I make a lot of ironbars bridges and overhangs with spikes under it, works until cops come or if I the horde his huge (like when i played your lmd mod, day 21 had over 600 zombies in it, because of the heatblocks and screamers :-) ).

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?37049-h0tr0d-s-mods!&highlight=h0tr0d%27s+mods

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- That Hud may have been inspired by Red Eagle.

Cool I like those new clothing! Are they updated for A14? and do you want me to use them in my mod?

Also are you talking about my HUD? IDK who Red Eagle is, my toolbelt numbers and day and time is from Valmar, the food and water level and temperature bars is from noah.phense and learned the basics of how to do it from Rongo, the elevation wind speed was something I liked from Serillion but I did it myself my own way which still looks the same in the end. And I guess some of that stuff people got the ideas from Tritox originally maybe..

I had not enough room on the main page to state all those peoples but I just now made enough room and got it all in, I also added Red Eagle cause no reason not to, they are also stated on my google docs page. :)

This looks awesome good job on this!

I am putting together a mod list for my custom server. I am looking at what mods to add. I would like to put your mod in my server list, but I also want a UI mod. I was thinking about the Origin UI Mod by Tritox. But I see some hints that your mod may already have a new UI in it. Do I really need a UI mod if I use your mod?

Thanks,

Bob

Archived