A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

Update (4/4/16)

+Blocks

All gore blocks of all types give the same harvesting items of rotting flesh and femurs.

All gore blocks now generate an appropriate heat map strength instead of just the animal gore, for eg by default animal gore blocks now generate 2 ticks of heatmap instead of 5 because dogs now turn to animal gore on death and zombie gore blocks on all stages generate 0.2 heatmap strength.

To put that into perspective a forge while running generates a heatmap strength of 2 for 1200.

So basically it would take 10 zombie gore blocks to generate the same amount of heat as one forge and it takes about 2 forges running to summon a screamer. Animal gore by default was 5 and has a larger heatmap simply because there is hardly any animals ever to generate the heat.

Update (4/4/16)

+Progression

Added New Perk to unlock the ability to craft the Omnigel station at science lvl 50

+Localization

Added descriptive info for new Omnigel Crafting Perk

+Recipes

Added recipe to craft 10 rotting flesh into into 10 compost at the Omnigel Station the compost can then be used at the composter to turn it into fertilizer

Update (4/5/16)

I had to remove and rework the plant farming blocks in order to get them to work properly when being upgraded with fertilizer.

Since I removed some blocks some of your crops may disappear with this update but I feel it is worth the risk since now fertilizer works as intended and will now upgrade only the first growing stage of your plants into the second stage to cut there grow time in half.

So basically without fertilizer crops will take 6 days to grow on 60 minute days and with fertilizer they will take 3 days to grow and you will be able to physically see the plants upgrade.

I have now also given the gore blocks a texture, the only texture that looked any bit decent was oil shale texture since the only textures that will work are the diamond shaped ones in the developer menu. At least they are not black holes into the abyss now. :)

+Blocks

-Removed secondary crops to properly fix fertilizer upgrade grow times

-Gore blocks now have a texture (The only texture I can use that looks half decent!)

-Added a dirt2 terrain block that goes between tilled soil that mobs can not spawn on, previously only tilled soil was coded to not allow mobs to spawn on now the hoe will till the dirt and the blocks beside the tilled dirt are free of spawning mobs

-Gore blocks of all stages now only give 2 femurs instead of up to 4

+Items

-Changed all seeds to now be planted as original sprouts instead of secondary ones

-All raw meats now give -0.5 wellness

-Rotting flesh now fives -1 wellness

+Loot

-Dew collector now only gives 2 bottled river water every 60 minutes instead of 4

-Schematic pages drop chance increased

I agree and so your wish is my command, these changes are going to need heavy play testing and I need you to leave me feedback on how you feel about the nerfs and if they were too strong.

I will fire up a SP game later today and report how it worked (or not).

One more idea: how about individual difficulty levels? Starter Kits that provide you with basic items and some skills (easy) to nothing (hard). That way I can convince my friends who are less inclined to play my hard difficulty levels to actually play with me.

the new changes to the food group sounds good, but wonder if the moldy bread and sham sandwich need an extra reduction in wellness, because you have a 50% chance of food poisoning, which also reduce wellness (type="sickness" actions="increment(@wellness, -.5, 15, 0, 0)").

Probably makes more sense to increase the buff times, but make it weaker.

We have this mod now on our server, and players are clueless how to unlock the workbench. I know in vanilla it's with a perk, that needs 20 in Construction Tools.

You do not need to unlock it! You can craft it from the start if you have the glue, nails and wood.

I think I found the reason, seems the modded progression.xml is not properly pushed by our server. When this file is copied into the client, all works fine.

Yeah TFP need to get those files to push properly, I think the localization files and quest files dont push either so it is always best that everyone installs it manually at least until TFP sort out the file push issues.

the new changes to the food group sounds good, but wonder if the moldy bread and sham sandwich need an extra reduction in wellness, because you have a 50% chance of food poisoning, which also reduce wellness (type="sickness" actions="increment(@wellness, -.5, 15, 0, 0)").

Probably makes more sense to increase the buff times, but make it weaker.

Yeah I totally ignored the fact that food poisoning incremented wellness when I made those changes, so its fixed now and I increased food poisoning to last 120 seconds instead of 30.

I will fire up a SP game later today and report how it worked (or not).

One more idea: how about individual difficulty levels? Starter Kits that provide you with basic items and some skills (easy) to nothing (hard). That way I can convince my friends who are less inclined to play my hard difficulty levels to actually play with me.

Well I can always implement a starter kit but I am not a fan of that idea since there are airdrops that can be set to drop every day and you can simply put the difficulty on nomad and the game suddenly becomes way too easy. The wood club can easily deal with zombies on lower difficulty settings without breaking a sweat.

You can also adjust enemy spawning to very low, low or medium to make it even easier.

Just watch my Let's Play series, this mod is recommended for Survivalist settings and airdrops disabled at the very least to give the feeling of survival.

- - - Updated - - -

Update (4/5/16)

+Items

All foods that give food poisoning no longer directly reduce wellness

+Buffs

Food Poisoning increased duration to 120 seconds from 30

Bit of feedback while i wait for my gunpowder to craft.

Food Poisoning now cost me 3 wellnesspoints, might need to decrease the strenght (not duration, that 120 seconds is good). Destroying the goreblocks has the wrong sound (like hitting rock).

It's Day 5, somewhat close to midnight. Haven't died so far and my wellness was not reduced. But then I was "lucky" to enter the game in a desert so effing huge, it took me two days to get someplace else. So I subsisted on Yucca alone. I have found a decent share of clean water though. Still more than I need.

Well I can always implement a starter kit but I am not a fan of that idea since there are airdrops that can be set to drop every day and you can simply put the difficulty on nomad and the game suddenly becomes way too easy. The wood club can easily deal with zombies on lower difficulty settings without breaking a sweat.

You can also adjust enemy spawning to very low, low or medium to make it even easier.

Just watch my Let's Play series, this mod is recommended for Survivalist settings and airdrops disabled at the very least to give the feeling of survival.

Well, of course I can do that. But reducing difficulty levels in that way will affect everyone. I am talking about individual game styles. I myself prefer it the hard way. My friends however, are more into building and hate (as in: i will uninstall the game if I have to) deal with zombies and food scavenging, when all they want to do is build a fort. Some others like to explore the world and feel disturbed if the the game puts too much of a burden on them in terms of food gathering or zombie fighting. Hence my idea to have individual Starter Kits. Think of them as classes like in Valmod. But instead of a class you choose your difficulty level at the beginning. If you like it hard, you take no benefits at all. if you like to run around, build and explore. You take the easy Starter Kit and have some food, water, maybe seeds, and the ability to craft axes and hoes right from the start.

Meaning you will have players with different starting skills and items. Some will have none others will have enough rations for maybe a week or so.

I think it also helps selling the game to a friend who's more into casual gaming without boring the diehard gamer to death if you play MP.

Bit of feedback while i wait for my gunpowder to craft.

Food Poisoning now cost me 3 wellnesspoints, might need to decrease the strenght (not duration, that 120 seconds is good). Destroying the goreblocks has the wrong sound (like hitting rock).

That is messed up, the texture is what is causing the sound effects when struck not the material, there is nothing I can do about the sounds unless I remove the texture to be the black hole of nothingness that consumes all textures around it again.

Here are the options:

Gore blocks can look like grassy ground, Dirt, Plains Ground, clay, snow, Sandstone, burnt forest ground, fertile dirt, sod, hard sod and all will sound like hitting dirt. or they can look like wood debris and will sound like hitting wood, or they can look like oil shale, gravel, coal, destroyed stone and they will sound like hitting stone, or they can look like iron ore and sound like metal.

I dont have much option when it comes to choosing a texture they have to be terrain texture and I can not change the sound of what it sounds like when you hit it for some very stupid reason the texture is what determines the sound played when struck yet the material determines the sound played when walked on.

Long story short I have finally decided to make gore blocks look like dirt and they will sound like dirt when hit but whatever they need to have a texture.

I have also fixed gore blocks so that they support each other now so you wont get the infinite gore block falling bug.

And I have reduced wellness loss from the food poisoning buff by cutting it in half so it should be about 1.5 wellness lost over 120 seconds.

Well, of course I can do that. But reducing difficulty levels in that way will affect everyone. I am talking about individual game styles. I myself prefer it the hard way. My friends however, are more into building and hate (as in: i will uninstall the game if I have to) deal with zombies and food scavenging, when all they want to do is build a fort. Some others like to explore the world and feel disturbed if the the game puts too much of a burden on them in terms of food gathering or zombie fighting. Hence my idea to have individual Starter Kits. Think of them as classes like in Valmod. But instead of a class you choose your difficulty level at the beginning. If you like it hard, you take no benefits at all. if you like to run around, build and explore. You take the easy Starter Kit and have some food, water, maybe seeds, and the ability to craft axes and hoes right from the start.

Meaning you will have players with different starting skills and items. Some will have none others will have enough rations for maybe a week or so.

I think it also helps selling the game to a friend who's more into casual gaming without boring the diehard gamer to death if you play MP.

Yeah I still really dont like the idea of starter kits, and I can not gift anyone skill levels to unlock perks so they can have early access to things that are locked behind them either even if I wanted to, I would have to gift a few STACKS of books in whatever particular skill you wanted to fast track and you would have to manually read those books in order to get the levels up to unlock the perks.

Its just not what I want the mod to have to tell you the truth, I hate class systems as well and feel that everyone should be able to master all things eventually my way of doing things allows people to decide what they want to focus on first and sorts out a class system early on but at the same time does not block anyone from achieving certain skills for late game which only further extends the late game for everyone.

My suggestion would be to simply go into cheat mode and give whatever items or stuff you want to give your friends to help them along.

Otherwise you can role play it like you are protecting them and you can be the one to fight off the zombies while they hide away crafting things honing there skills so they can progress the way they want to.

It may not be exactly what you want to hear but I hope you can figure something out.

Update (4/5/16)

+Blocks

-Changed gore blocks now look like dirt and sound like dirt when you hit them since the texture used for the gore blocks determines the sound they make when struck.

-Fixed gore blocks now have stability so they can stack up high again, and it removes the infinite gore block falling on top of another gore block bug.

+Buffs

-Reduced wellness penalty of food poisoning to -1.5 wellness over 120 seconds rather than -3 wellness over 120 seconds.

That is messed up, the texture is what is causing the sound effects when struck not the material, there is nothing I can do about the sounds unless I remove the texture to be the black hole of nothingness that consumes all textures around it again.

Here are the options:

Gore blocks can look like grassy ground, Dirt, Plains Ground, clay, snow, Sandstone, burnt forest ground, fertile dirt, sod, hard sod and all will sound like hitting dirt. or they can look like wood debris and will sound like hitting wood, or they can look like oil shale, gravel, coal, destroyed stone and they will sound like hitting stone, or they can look like iron ore and sound like metal.

I dont have much option when it comes to choosing a texture they have to be terrain texture and I can not change the sound of what it sounds like when you hit it for some very stupid reason the texture is what determines the sound played when struck yet the material determines the sound played when walked on.

Long story short I have finally decided to make gore blocks look like dirt and they will sound like dirt when hit but whatever they need to have a texture.

I have also fixed gore blocks so that they support each other now so you wont get the infinite gore block falling bug.

And I have reduced wellness loss from the food poisoning buff by cutting it in half so it should be about 1.5 wellness lost over 120 seconds.

Ahh I thought you might have overlooked it in the xml. Will try the new goreblocks tomorrow!

@Clockwork Orange

I have been playing a bit with your mod and it's a great mod. Having a blast so far. :D

Did notice something a bit strange with the skill "Medical Crafting", even with "Science" skill at lvl 30 I did not unlock antibiotics.

I could only unlock the first recipe gated by that skill, had the same issue with "Chemical Crafting".

Those two skills only had a max lvl of 1. Took a look in the "progression.xml" file and edited the max lvl for "Medical Crafting" to 3 which made it possible to unlock the second and third recipe gated by "Medical Crafting". Also made the max lvl for "Chemical Crafting" 2. (In "progression.xml" line 483 and line 492.)

Is it supposed to work with a max lvl of 1 ? Just wondering since I could not get it to work.

@Clockwork Orange

I have been playing a bit with your mod and it's a great mod. Having a blast so far. :D

Did notice something a bit strange with the skill "Medical Crafting", even with "Science" skill at lvl 30 I did not unlock antibiotics.

I could only unlock the first recipe gated by that skill, had the same issue with "Chemical Crafting".

Those two skills only had a max lvl of 1. Took a look in the "progression.xml" file and edited the max lvl for "Medical Crafting" to 3 which made it possible to unlock the second and third recipe gated by "Medical Crafting". Also made the max lvl for "Chemical Crafting" 2. (In "progression.xml" line 483 and line 492.)

Is it supposed to work with a max lvl of 1 ? Just wondering since I could not get it to work.

Whoops I am a dumbass, no you are correct, sorry about that, its fixed now, thank you for letting me know!

Glad you are enjoying the mod that is always great to hear! :)

Also I am curious as to what you are crafting to increase your science skill, and what you find to work the easiest or best, I have not yet got to the point to start leveling science as of quite yet. And I am still unsure if crafting things as workstations is awarding crafting experience properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Update (4/6/16)

+Progression

Medical Crafting: Fixed changed max level to 3, you can now properly unlock all recipes.

Chemical Crafting: Fixed changed max level to 2, you can no properly unlock all recipes.

+Items

Changed upgrade hit offset of wrench to -1 from -2

Changed upgrade hit offset of claw hammer to -2 from -3

Whoops I am a dumbass, no you are correct, sorry about that, its fixed now, thank you for letting me know!

Glad you are enjoying the mod that is always great to hear! :)

Also I am curious as to what you are crafting to increase your science skill, and what you find to work the easiest or best, I have not yet got to the point to start leveling science as of quite yet. And I am still unsure if crafting things as workstations is awarding crafting experience properly.

I haven't done any crafting for my science skill, I bought the points. Just needed the antibiotics. :p I think exp from workstations are working. Have done a bit of short shotgun stock crafting and that works very well for gunsmithing. Aslong as you have the workstation windows open when crafting in them it looks like you get exp from every item.

I have got exp from crafting in smithing table, ammo table, workbench and tailoring table.

Archived