A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

This mod is pretty fun so far, it definitely makes the early game far more enjoyable.

I haven't gotten terribly far on my map yet, but needing to scavenge for supplies a lot longer is an interesting change.

Also a static workshop makes a lot more sense than sewing clothes, making ammo, and forging equipment with telekinesis while in the middle of a gunfight.

This mod is pretty fun so far, it definitely makes the early game far more enjoyable.

I haven't gotten terribly far on my map yet, but needing to scavenge for supplies a lot longer is an interesting change.

Also a static workshop makes a lot more sense than sewing clothes, making ammo, and forging equipment with telekinesis while in the middle of a gunfight.

Awesome to hear, I am glad you are enjoying the mod, and I hope you get a chance to check out my Let's Play series, I should have another video up tomorrow morning and it has a few tricks in it that I use to help out the early game as well.

Thanks for the feedback it is appreciated. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update (3/28/16)

Updated to A14!

This is a rather large update and I must say I am really impressed with the way things turned out.

Everything that was once unlocked using a book is now unlocked progressively with perks through skills, I have added 1 book for each skill type to facilitate experience gain for those skills to allow you to unlock the perks.

You can even craft the new skill books if you find 5 schematic pages like before,this allows you to craft books to level up skills that are lacking in experience.

The new workbench replaces the old crafting table but recipes still work as they did previously where you can only craft certain things by hand and you must first build a workbench.

Some new additions:

New Perks to unlock items:

Malee Weapons:

Iron Spear Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 10

Iron Club Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 10

Barbed Club Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 20

Spiked Club Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 30

Steel Spear Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 30

Sledgehammer Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 40

Hunting Knife Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 40

Machete Crafting requires Weapon Smithing lvl 50

Ranged Weapons:

Crossbow Crafting requires Gun Smithing lvl 10

9mm Pistol Crafting requires Gun Smithing lvl 20

MP5 Crafting requires Gun Smithing lvl 30

Shotgun Crafting requires Gun Smithing lvl 40

44 Magnum Crafting requires Gun Smithing lvl 50

High Powered Rifle Crafting requires Gun Smithing lvl 60

RPG Crafting requires Gun Smithing lvl 70

Tools:

Stage 1 Tool Crafting now unlocks fireaxeIron, pickaxeIron, shovelIron, hoeIron

Stage 2 Tool Crafting now Unlocks clawHammer, wrench

Stage 3 Tool Crating now Unlocks pickaxeSteel, fireaxeSteel, shovelSteel

Stage 4 Tool Crafting now Unlocks nailgun, calipers, toolAndDieSet

Stage 5 Tool Crafting now Unlocks chainsaw, partsChainsaw_parts, partsChainsaw_blade, auger, partsAuger_parts, partsAuger_blade

Stage 6 Tool Crafting now Unlocks smallEngine and requires lvl 60 Tool Smithing

Minibike:

Minibike Assembly requires Tool Smithing lvl 30 + Tailoring lvl 30 + Leatherworking lvl 30 + Miscellaneous Crafting lvl 30 (Unlocks minibikeChassis, minibikeSeat, minibikeHandlebars)

Armor Unlocks:

Leather Armor Crafting requires Leatherworking lvl 20 (Unlocks all leather armor)

Stage 1 Armor Smithing requires Armor Smithing lvl 10 (Unlocks Scrap Armor)

Stage 2 Armor Smithing requires Armor Smithing lvl 20 (Unlocks nightvisionGoggles, swatHelmet, militaryHelmet, militaryGloves, militaryBoots, militaryLegArmor, militaryVest)

Stage 3 Armor Smithing requires Armor Smithing lvl 30 (Unlocks iron Armor set)

Resources:

Medical Crafting requires Science lvl 10 tier 1, 20 tier 2, 30 tier 3, (unlocks herbalAntibiotics tier 1, firstAidKit tier 2, antibiotics tier 3)

Chemical Crafting requires Science lvl 20 tier 1, 30 tier 2, (Unlocks grainAlcohol tier 1, bioFuel tier 2)

Leather Tanning requires Leatherworking lvl 1 (Unlocks leather crafting)

Concrete Mixing requires Miscellaneous Crafting lvl 20 (Unlocks cementMixer) Note: Cement mixer is only place to craft concrete mix.

Steel Smithing requires Miscellaneous Crafting lvl 30 (Unlocks forgedSteel)

If I already use your Unofficial XML fixes, can I overwrite my XML files and use your mod instead or do I need to uninstall your fixes and install this one?

<<<=== That guy is a noob btw. Still not used to modding so, I prefer asking before I f*** up everything hahaha.

If I already use your Unofficial XML fixes, can I overwrite my XML files and use your mod instead or do I need to uninstall your fixes and install this one?

<<<=== That guy is a noob btw. Still not used to modding so, I prefer asking before I f*** up everything hahaha.

Lol no need to uninstall anything if you already installed the Unofficial XMl Fixes, my modded files will just overwrite the ones you previously installed.

So go ahead and just install the mod and everything will work fine.

I also recommend downloading the mod again right now since I just finished updating the mod to have better progressive tool unlocks, I will update the patch notes now.

Update (3/29/16)

+Progression

Reworked Tool Unlocks:

Stage 1 Tool Crafting now unlocks fireaxeIron, pickaxeIron, shovelIron, hoeIron

Stage 2 Tool Crafting now Unlocks clawHammer, wrench

Stage 3 Tool Crating now Unlocks pickaxeSteel, fireaxeSteel, shovelSteel

Stage 4 Tool Crafting now Unlocks nailgun, calipers, toolAndDieSet

Stage 5 Tool Crafting now Unlocks chainsaw, partsChainsaw_parts, partsChainsaw_blade, auger, partsAuger_parts, partsAuger_blade

Stage 6 Tool Crafting now Unlocks smallEngine and requires lvl 60 Tool Smithing

Steel Smithing Now unlocks forgedSteel at lvl 30 Miscellaneous Crafting instead of lvl 40

+Recipes

Added recipes for crafting:

Tool & Die Set, Calipers, partsChainsaw_parts, partsChainsaw_blade, partsAuger_parts, partsAuger_blade, and smallEngine

Here is a peak at the small engine recipe.

<recipe name="smallEngine" count="1" scrapable="False" craft_area="workbench" craft_tool="wrench" >
       <ingredient name="scrapCable" count="5"/>
       <ingredient name="spring" count="6"/>
       <ingredient name="forgedIron" count="400"/>
<ingredient name="radiator" count="1"/>
<ingredient name="airFilter" count="1"/>
   </recipe>

+Localization

Changed and improved perk descriptions

So clockwork, you changed it back so you can make unlimited sniper parts once you've found 1 part correct? I'm looking over the files and seeing it takes molten iron to make the part once you have the mold but not seeing how to get the molten iron.

Update (3/29/16)

+Recipes

Fixed added missing recipe for Molten Iron

+Entityclasses

Fixed changed Feral zombie to use custom feral hand that has the chance to break your leg

Fixed changed all animals to now properly give their respective meats

Fixed Changed HP of feral zombies and zombie bears to 1800

Someone had asked me this question and I feel it is a good question so I decided to post it along with my response explaining why being able to craft weapon parts and weapons does not effect game balance.

Question:

"I was just curious about adding back in gun molds. Doesn't that trivialize getting guns like snipers as once you get the parts you just mass produce them with a little iron and clay?

I'm still trying out your mod and looking over the files to better understand the balance."

Response:

The idea is that you can craft weapons and their parts all you want to raise your gun smithing skill, it doesn't matter how many guns you have since once you have one you are pretty much set for life.

The reason why being able to craft weapon parts and weapons does not change the balance is because it will allow you to increase your gun smithing skill and the only balancing that is needed is in crafting of the ammunition for these weapons since that is what makes the weapons effective and for eg currently you can only craft 762 ammo once you are lvl 60 in gun smithing.

This makes needing to craft weapon parts a necessity in order to increase your gun smithing skill so you can unlock the ability to craft the full weapons and their respective ammunition.

This mod looks like alot of fun. My problem is that none of your icons are being seen.Do they need to be required on the client side?

Yes if you are using this mod on a server anyone who joins the server will have to manually install the Mods folder into their game directory, the same directory as the Data folder.

And thanks for the feedback! :)

Yes if you are using this mod on a server anyone who joins the server will have to manually install the Mods folder into their game directory, the same directory as the Data folder.

And thanks for the feedback! :)

Awesome thanks for the quick reply..I figured as much..will set that up :subdued:

Clockwork, any thought on making a low durability barricade people can craft from their inventory to place in door ways, windows, plug holes etc of houses before they have access to a crafting workbench?

Or for the 762 ammo can always do something like add tungsten back into game as rare and make the bullet tips for certain ammo require tungsten to craft as well as brass or make the bullet tips take some iron for steel tips.

Clockwork, any thought on making a low durability barricade people can craft from their inventory to place in door ways, windows, plug holes etc of houses before they have access to a crafting workbench?

Or for the 762 ammo can always do something like add tungsten back into game as rare and make the bullet tips for certain ammo require tungsten to craft as well as brass or make the bullet tips take some iron for steel tips.

As for blocking doorways you can craft sod, destroyed stone or wood debris for that.

Also I am and will be looking into ways of better balancing ammunition crafting soon and want to give it a lot of thought before I make any further changes to that since the ammunition is already gated behind skill level and 762 is gated behind a very high gun smithing skill I need to take that into consideration.

I want to keep the idea of barter system alive where as one person who focuses on gun smithing can supply others with ammunition and meet the demand this allows for fair trade between what people choose to level up and can craft.

On the other hand balancing for single player would be better if the ammunition was harder to craft or just obtain ingredients for. So I will try to make it balanced best as possible for both multiplayer and single player while keeping the barter / trade system alive.

Archived