Medieval Times?

Valmar

....yet you're first in the line with a full gas can below your armpit! Hahahhaa!

I'm as excited as anyone for sdx to come out and I plan on using it. That being said I can't understand why you guys are still in this thread. Val said he isn't interested and since he is leading this mod project what good or effect are you doing here. My advice go troll elsewhere and if u dont think a medieval mod made without sdx will suck or be for scrubs then don't play it. Or make one yourself. How many will play 12.5? Dot dot dot. Crickets

Or make one yourself.

My whole premise in being in this thread was to make a light-hearted comment. Yet you snowflakes keep being offended.

I can make one with SDX, sure, as soon as I finish something else. Will you guys give the permission to use your prefabs?

My whole premise in being in this thread was to make a light-hearted comment. Yet you snowflakes keep being offended.

I can make one with SDX, sure, as soon as I finish something else. Will you guys give the permission to use your prefabs?

I think it is rather entertaining thee dialogue between you and val its a crack up lol.. Sdx7 is gonna be awesome can not wait but yeh each to thir own on using it or not using it to.

Snowflake lol. Very mature. What you sound like is a very egotistical child who thinks his way is better than the other kids. Nothing light hearted behind your words. This isn't the first time I've seen you troll Val. Get over your self and move along. This thread was way more productive without you. Nothing to see here

Snowflake lol. Very mature. What you sound like is a very egotistical child who thinks his way is better than the other kids. Nothing light hearted behind your words. This isn't the first time I've seen you troll Val. Get over your self and move along. This thread was way more productive without you. Nothing to see here

Define "productive".

I'm offering my services to make a mod myself, yet you're shutting me down from the conversation because you're offended by the way I've portrayed myself. And you completely deny all the work I've done previously in 7DTD modding since Alpha 7 in the inception of Deathwish because i'm an "egotistical child" lol. I don't see myself as better than anyone. I'm ♥♥♥♥ing good myself, but others can share this spotlight with me, no problem.

The offer is still up. If any of the prefab creators want to share their work with a SDX-friendly version, with true swords, maces, axes, crossbows, bows, lances, spears, and true medieval action, I'm up for it.

Define "productive".

I'm offering my services to make a mod myself, yet you're shutting me down from the conversation because you're offended by the way I've portrayed myself. And you completely deny all the work I've done previously in 7DTD modding since Alpha 7 in the inception of Deathwish because i'm an "egotistical child" lol. I don't see myself as better than anyone. I'm ♥♥♥♥ing good myself, but others can share this spotlight with me, no problem.

The offer is still up. If any of the prefab creators want to share their work with a SDX-friendly version, with true swords, maces, axes, crossbows, bows, lances, spears, and true medieval action, I'm up for it.

I didn't deny or shut anything down. I appreciate anything anyone does to mod or advance this game. And you can use anything I post. Prefab, mod, don't matter. Now who sounds like a snowflake?

Point being you are trolling. That last bit you offered there proves it. You don't come into another project thread and say hey if u want a real medieval mod bring your prefabs to me. Make your own thread and ask people to help you. I imagine the list will be short with your personality. But as I said for me you are welcome to use anything I have. Cheers cupcake

Almost forgot my smilely face so it's light hearted :)

There!

I can't speak for everyone as its a group project with prefabs but I don't care if you use anything I build for whatever project you decide to take. If I cared about others using ANYTHING I share I would not share it. That's always been my principle on modding. Though buildings I create are heavily modded with custom block IDs so keep that in consideration.

In return I'd request you take this to your own topic. You're welcome to use anything I share here but I don't wish to have further SDX discussion or your mod project discussed in my topic.

I fully support you modding your game however you desire. It's awesome that you'll be using SDX for all the cool new models and such. I never diminished the work, effort or "cool-factor" of such things. SDX just isn't for me, for personal reasons, and it isn't something I want for MY project. When steamworkshop support is added I will embrace such a thing but for now I'm sticking with xml. Respect that or don't, just please take it out of this topic. Thank you.

LokitheWeaver shared a link with me recently to some building ideas. When I saw them I was reminded of some of the work you've done, Guppy, so I thought I'd sahre it here aswell:

http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/daily_living/text/Turf_Houses.htm

I find them to be fairly reasonable SI wise but rather tricky to get placed right. You need to think of them like a solid block. For example when you place one at an angle it LOOKS like its connected to the other one - however this is purely aesthetic. Picture the two blocks as being solid - if you do this you'll realize that where you're likely trying to attach the other block is actually air. You have to build the roof bit first then add those in for support as you go along. If that makes any kind of sense. They're tricky.

Edit: Didn't see t he two latest posts. My bad.

Stompy, anything new on the mixer?

Have been offline for the week moving my parents so haven't had a chance to do any work on it since last weekend.

I'll try and get a new mixer cooked by the end of next week with my castle hub and all the extra prefabs added in and some custom townships etc.

Might need a few more big town halls or something to be the centerpiece of the hubs.

My plan was to have a bunch of custom hubs with a static center piece (hall, castle etc) and then lots with random smaller buildings for the rest. I really don't like the way fully random towns work atm as the buildings are way too far apart. I'll do some testing soon to see if they have fixed the prefab_rule bugs with 13.8 but if not then there's that problem to work around too.

Here's some pics from Vikings:

Kattegat

viking_village01.jpg

latest?cb=20150320012407

Hedeby

viking_village02.jpg

Hey val, got an error in the latest blocks you've posted.

<block id="1801" name="Yucca Seed">

<property name="Class" value="PlantGrowing" />

<property name="Material" value="plants" />

<property name="Shape" value="BillboardPlant" />

<property name="Mesh" value="cutoutmoveable" />

<property name="Texture" value="296" />

<property name="Collide" value="melee" />

<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true" />

<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />

<property class="PlantGrowing">

<property name="Next" value="Yucca Young" />

<property name="GrowthRate" value="60" />

<property name="FertileLevel" value="1" />

<property name="IsRandom" value="false" />

</property>

<property class="UpgradeBlock">

<property name="ToBlock" value="Yucca SeedFertile" />

<property name="Item" value="turd" />

<property name="ItemCount" value="1" />

<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="1" />

</property>

<drop event="Harvest" name="Yucca Seed" tool_category="Shovel" count="1" />

</block>

There's no SeedFertile for Yucca, Aloe or Chrysanthemum in the xml.

Ah. That isn't the first time I overlooked that. Sorry Stomps. Will remove those lines.

heh np, I removed the upgrade part as well. just letting you know :)

got the smithy finished for my castle yesterday too, and made a good bit of progress on my editor. Just need to tidy up the mod save/create page and its ready for beta :)

Small update the the blocks.xml

Nothing significant worth mentioning atm. [cough] Lol.

Also been hard at work building some prefabs. For me that means I have a whole two or three done! I'm too damn slow at this. Will share some pics when they're finished.

I've not given up on the project, despite being quiet. Been slowly but surely building stuff. Have also added some new blocks and icons to go with those blocks.

Plains Layer - Just a terrain block that has "plains" on all sides, for specific builds.

Wall Torch Off - A wall torch without a flame.

Wood Painted Wedge

Garage Wood

Blue Drywall Halfblock - I've been using it to pull off the look of "water" in certain situations.

Animal Carcass - Animal Corpse that doesn't decay.

Burning Bowl - A new light source to hang on walls.

Wooden Bowl NoLoot - A wooden bowl just for decoration purposes.

Cobblestone Chimney - Simply a cobblestone block with a black top and bottom.

Fireplace Block - A cobblestone block with fire.

Food Barrel - Will contain misc food.

Food Crate

Red Awning Plate - Flat tent block.

Tan Awning Plate

Green Awning Plate

White Painted Plate

White Wood

Worn Wood

Water Barrel - Will contain water.

Small Cooking Pot - Will contain food.

Cooking Pot - Will contain food.

Cooking Bowl - Will contain food.

Bee Hive - Will contain honey.

Stone Flange

Stone Pipe

Wood Flange

Reinforced Wood Flange

Wooden Support Beam - These are pretty cool because they can clip through other blocks for a neat effect.

Log Support Beam

Wooden Pole

Reinforced Wooden Pole

NewWood Support Beam

NewWood Pipe

NewWood Flange

Archived