Medieval Times?

Valmar

Work in Progress on my castle.

castle07.jpg

castle08.jpg

Might end up doing two versions, one in good order and a second that has been besieged and broken walls etc :)

Not sure about the church yet, might be a bit big for my purposes (its the vanilla navaz church trimmed down), I still need to redecorate it to match the building style of Laz's smithy that I've included

Excellent work Stompy! I especially like your use of the angled wooden block as stair rails. Ingenious!

Excellent work Stompy! I especially like your use of the angled wooden block as stair rails. Ingenious!

Thanks ;)

We had the hottest day in years here yesterday so felt really drained today and didn't do anything more to it. The garage doors makes quite decent looking gates btw, and they can be angled to provide a nice opened gate look :)

Updated the blocks.xml and icons folder. I think I have icons for all the new blocks now.

Also, for those interested, here is a list of all the new blocks (names subject to change) in total.

Quick note: "Common" versions are meant for commoner dwelling and the elegant versions are meant for more luxurious dwewllings.

Common Chest

Elegant Chest

Common Bookcase

Elegant BOokcase

Common Cabinet

commoncabinetbottom

Elegant Cabinet

ElegantCabinetBottom

Armory

ArmoryBottom

Log Block

LogBlock WoodPanel

LogBlock WoodPanel2

LogBlock Thatch

Flagstone TarnishedWoodPanel

Flagstone WoodPanel

Lantern

Lantern2

Brass Lantern

Flagstone Quarter

Flagstone WedgeCorner

Flagstone Wedge

Flagstone Pillar

Flagstone Plate

Flagstone Pyramid

Cobblestone Pillar

Cobblestone Halfblock

Cobblestone Pole

FlagstoneWood Curb

FlagstoneWood CurbCorner

Cobblestone Curb

Cobblestone CurbCorner

Cobblestone Plate

Thatch Plate

Fur Pelt (You will be able to harvest this for animal hides in the future)

Thatch Fence

HayBedBlock

CobblestoneWood Curb

CobblestoneWood CurbCorner

Shutters2 (good for window replacement)

Tree Tube

NewWood

NewWoodPlate

Brazier

Hay Pillow

NewWood Stairs

Wood Blue

Flagstone Curb

Flagstone CurbCorner

Flagstone Pole

DONTUSE DELETE ME (pay no attention to this... It used to be the Cream Block but then I realized there already was a block like it in vanilla.)

Thatch Halfblock

Log BlockFull

Log Full

Thatch InnerCorner

Log Block Wedge

Log Block Wedge InnerCorner

Log Block Wedge Corner

Thatch Wedge60 Tip

Thatch Wedge60 Full

Thatch Curb

Thatch Curb Corner

Log Wedged60Tip

Log Wedged60Full

Log Wedge60Curb

Log Wedged60CurbCorner

Wagon Safe

Common Wardrobe

Common Wardrobe Bottom

Log Angled Support Full

Log Angled Support

Thatch Fence2

Log Cabin Plate

Flagstone Tube

Blacksmith Storage

Preservation Bin (think of it like the new fridge lol)

Storage Box

Clay Roof 60 WedgeTip

Traveler's Sack

Concrete Blocks

Hay Bed Pillow

Hay Bed (this is a real working bed, like the sleeping bag)

Log Pyramid

Support Log (Think of it like Trussing with a new look.)

Support Pole (Same as above)

Cabin Quarter Stairs

Ale Barrel

Old Barrel

Elegant Barrel

Trash Bin

Tavern Storage

Hatch Window

Tavern Cabinet

White Pole

White Pole Light

Pole Light

Small Cabinet

Lockbox

Elegant Lockbox

Small Bin

Table Drawer

oldPyramidWood

Cobblestone_Pyramid

Black Wood

OldWoodPainted2 Plate

Thick Wood Fence

OldWoodPole

Target

Varnished Wood

Thatch

Thatch Pyramid

Thatch Wedge Corner

Thatch Wedge

We had the hottest day in years here yesterday

*Looks out of the window* *Sees over half meter of snow* *Temperature -7c* *Gets depressed*

Nice work on the castle. Any changes on the RWG, or are you done with it for now until there's more prefabs?

Valmar,

How about spawning the players into the world as "Ash" from the "Evil Dead II" movie. We awaken to the sound (byte) of a large tree falling to the ground and in the distance we see a severely smashed up automobile. We are dressed in dungarees, flannel shirt, worn work boots, cloth work gloves and of course we are proudly wearing our "Shop Smart at "S" mart" work apron (which oddly looks like a "7d2d" "Duster". In/on one hand we are sporting a gas powered chain saw and in the other a sawed off, double barrel, shot gun. Our tool belt should be carrying a nail pouch with nail gun, clawed hammer, a hand held axe (combat axe) and of course the "S" mart" Limited Edition" "Predator Series" machete or any other facsimile currently available while supplies last.

However, you'd have to get rid of that airplane for the supply drop. But..., you could possibly train a dragon to do it, or drop in a sound byte of one flapping its wings and screeching overhead before the parachute becomes visible to the player.

All imagination put aside, If it's anything like your current mod package Ill be standing in the line to play it. With all the pictures and ideas flowing in from all over It looks like it's going to be a great timeline to play in. I can't wait, I can already smell the dried horse manure burning in my "Middle Earth" sod house cooking pit. The best of luck in this grand endeavor.

There is no way to start a player in a set location on a RWG map that I know of. Though I dont know much about rwgmixer so maybe there is. I could set every block in the game to make it so a player can't spawn on it and then only have one block that they CAN spawn on be infront of a car. Maybe. I don't know.

Either way, that sounds awesome - lol. I will purposely make a "S-Mart" edition just to let your character start off that way. :-P

I never even thought of the airplane drop. That will be a challenge. I'm not sure you can turn that off with xml files - the player would have to do it in their options. I'll have to think on that one. Fortunately it looks like I have plenty of time to come up with something.

Hey,

The creative mind is a terrible thing to let go to waste. lol

The airdrop was one of the first things that came to mind and since no one mentioned it in the posts here I decided to throw it out.

For me this would not be a problem as I always turn it off in the options before playing. I like to role-play as possibly being the last human left alive on the planet, without any outside, addictive, dependencies every week or so.

I never even thought of the airplane drop. That will be a challenge. I'm not sure you can turn that off with xml files - the player would have to do it in their options. I'll have to think on that one. Fortunately it looks like I have plenty of time to come up with something.

Dragon drops? ;-P

Is there a vanilla block that has zero SI? Where when a player stands on it, it collapses?

I recall there were a few vanilla blocks that had this property. DieTill7Days got me thinking of making special trap POIs. Imagine a hunter spike trap in the wilderness but partially camoflagued. Would definitely make travelling off the main road more dangerous. Hehe.

Updated the blocks.xml and icons folder. I think I have icons for all the new blocks now.

Also, for those interested, here is a list of all the new blocks (names subject to change) in total.

Quick note: "Common" versions are meant for commoner dwelling and the elegant versions are meant for more luxurious dwewllings.

Common Chest

Elegant Chest

Common Bookcase

Elegant BOokcase

Common Cabinet

commoncabinetbottom

Elegant Cabinet

ElegantCabinetBottom

Armory

ArmoryBottom

Log Block

LogBlock WoodPanel

LogBlock WoodPanel2

LogBlock Thatch

Flagstone TarnishedWoodPanel

Flagstone WoodPanel

Lantern

Lantern2

Brass Lantern

Flagstone Quarter

Flagstone WedgeCorner

Flagstone Wedge

Flagstone Pillar

Flagstone Plate

Flagstone Pyramid

Cobblestone Pillar

Cobblestone Halfblock

Cobblestone Pole

FlagstoneWood Curb

FlagstoneWood CurbCorner

Cobblestone Curb

Cobblestone CurbCorner

Cobblestone Plate

Thatch Plate

Fur Pelt (You will be able to harvest this for animal hides in the future)

Thatch Fence

HayBedBlock

CobblestoneWood Curb

CobblestoneWood CurbCorner

Shutters2 (good for window replacement)

Tree Tube

NewWood

NewWoodPlate

Brazier

Hay Pillow

NewWood Stairs

Wood Blue

Flagstone Curb

Flagstone CurbCorner

Flagstone Pole

DONTUSE DELETE ME (pay no attention to this... It used to be the Cream Block but then I realized there already was a block like it in vanilla.)

Thatch Halfblock

Log BlockFull

Log Full

Thatch InnerCorner

Log Block Wedge

Log Block Wedge InnerCorner

Log Block Wedge Corner

Thatch Wedge60 Tip

Thatch Wedge60 Full

Thatch Curb

Thatch Curb Corner

Log Wedged60Tip

Log Wedged60Full

Log Wedge60Curb

Log Wedged60CurbCorner

Wagon Safe

Common Wardrobe

Common Wardrobe Bottom

Log Angled Support Full

Log Angled Support

Thatch Fence2

Log Cabin Plate

Flagstone Tube

Blacksmith Storage

Preservation Bin (think of it like the new fridge lol)

Storage Box

Clay Roof 60 WedgeTip

Traveler's Sack

Concrete Blocks

Hay Bed Pillow

Hay Bed (this is a real working bed, like the sleeping bag)

Log Pyramid

Support Log (Think of it like Trussing with a new look.)

Support Pole (Same as above)

Cabin Quarter Stairs

Ale Barrel

Old Barrel

Elegant Barrel

Trash Bin

Tavern Storage

Hatch Window

Tavern Cabinet

White Pole

White Pole Light

Pole Light

Small Cabinet

Lockbox

Elegant Lockbox

Small Bin

Table Drawer

oldPyramidWood

Cobblestone_Pyramid

Black Wood

OldWoodPainted2 Plate

Thick Wood Fence

OldWoodPole

Target

Varnished Wood

Thatch

Thatch Pyramid

Thatch Wedge Corner

Thatch Wedge

Is the new blocks inc in the OP.

*Looks out of the window* *Sees over half meter of snow* *Temperature -7c* *Gets depressed*

Nice work on the castle. Any changes on the RWG, or are you done with it for now until there's more prefabs?

I haven't really done much to the rwg just yet since the last one as I've been focused on my castle hub. I've done a hub for guppy's and Sorrows prefabs for a test spawn, but still need to make some adjustments on Sorrows ones so they spawn in correctly.

The biomes are pretty much there apart from adding some loot placeholders and resource nodes to the sub layers for any new resource val adds.

Is there a vanilla block that has zero SI? Where when a player stands on it, it collapses?

I recall there were a few vanilla blocks that had this property. DieTill7Days got me thinking of making special trap POIs. Imagine a hunter spike trap in the wilderness but partially camoflagued. Would definitely make travelling off the main road more dangerous. Hehe.

I think its possible since I recall DTD7 mentioning it once aswell. I've never tried it myself. I do like the idea though so I'll look into making something for this. Not sure if there is a vanilla block for it though. I imagine its all tied to the materials.xml

Is the new blocks inc in the OP.

Yes.

I haven't really done much to the rwg just yet since the last one as I've been focused on my castle hub. I've done a hub for guppy's and Sorrows prefabs for a test spawn, but still need to make some adjustments on Sorrows ones so they spawn in correctly.

The biomes are pretty much there apart from adding some loot placeholders and resource nodes to the sub layers for any new resource val adds.

I added Traveler's Sack. Thats a start. The lockbox could also perhaps be an option. I will look into making new sacks (hunter, merchant, commoner?) too. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Guppy:

To have it randomly spawn in wild without roads is done via biomes.xml as a decoration (same as the coal deposits etc). Thats what I did for Stalliosden in the Megacity mod and it works great :)

Only cavet is you cant use loot placeholders or you get the placeholder block and not the target block from the placeholder list.

Val:

Yep a chest could be used, though I would maybe do a little biome decoration for it to make it a tiny campsite or something

Guppy:

To have it randomly spawn in wild without roads is done via biomes.xml as a decoration (same as the coal deposits etc). Thats what I did for Stalliosden in the Megacity mod and it works great :)

Only cavet is you cant use loot placeholders or you get the placeholder block and not the target block from the placeholder list.

Val:

Yep a chest could be used, though I would maybe do a little biome decoration for it to make it a tiny campsite or something

That is possible? We could make small campsites then, yes, definitely. While it wouldn't be as nice as having a road attached to it we can also add some random abandoned wagons. Maybe some merchant got lost taking an uncharted path.

The Grove is a bit larger than a campsite, without roads will the terrain correctly flatten or will we see floaties like in vanilla?

I would guess it depends how large the campsite is.

As a side note, ive been testing my medieval buildings in a hub configuration and im not happy with the variation of terrain elevation even with road borders around it (+/- 1 to 2). This probably means i will have to remove terrain filler blocks as my base for hubs. Or.......perhaps i can insert something like a foundation prefab underneath the entire hub instead. More testing! :)

For wilderness spots it has been fine mostly.

Laz have a look in the DL I last linked. I use a village prefab that is just a big slab of dirt with the village2 version having 10 layers of stone under the top layer. I found the roads don't flatten the way they used to and this is the safest way to avoid the floaties.

For the biome decos you can go quite big but it is best to have a couple layers basement to help avoid the floaties for them. I think stallion had the vanilla hospital as one in his pack and I had stores etc spawn in some tests. It just has to find a large enough space to spawn them and there's the occasional glitch where only half the building spawns, but in general it works fairly well.

Edit: heres the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qf6slm16w6f6rz/Medieval.zip?dl=0

Just looked and I dont have the version 2 in this DL, but you get the idea ;)

Laz have a look in the DL I last linked. I use a village prefab that is just a big slab of dirt with the village2 version having 10 layers of stone under the top layer. I found the roads don't flatten the way they used to and this is the safest way to avoid the floaties.

For the biome decos you can go quite big but it is best to have a couple layers basement to help avoid the floaties for them. I think stallion had the vanilla hospital as one in his pack and I had stores etc spawn in some tests. It just has to find a large enough space to spawn them and there's the occasional glitch where only half the building spawns, but in general it works fairly well.

Edit: heres the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qf6slm16w6f6rz/Medieval.zip?dl=0

Just looked and I dont have the version 2 in this DL, but you get the idea ;)

Thanks for the tip!

- - - Updated - - -

Picture of my new Medieval well POI. Complete with underground resevoir and yes thats a caged chicken. :)

cEIKRHS.jpg

Ok onto my 3rd attempt at my castle village lol. First time it kept collapsing so i destroyed it haha and started again. 2nd time got the skeleton finished started work on the towers and they were disgusting. Now onto 3rd attempt and so far everything is how i want it pics coming soon

- - - Updated - - -

Btw how do you guys upload pics like that other then having to paste steam link lol

Archived