Medieval Times?

Valmar

Mountain with a cave system for part of a small mining camp - perhaps theres a cave in there somewhere.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?33414-Dread-Mountain&highlight=dreadmountain

I have an a13 version of this prefab.

I changed the radiation to gore blocks I think (was a while ago) and there's still oilshale in 1 spot but otherwise could be used as is, or added to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a309dj2h4nn7e68/medieval_DreadMountain.zip?dl=0

Small hunters camp

Add to that a small lumberjacks camp, for adding as a decoration prefab to the subbiome with the logs etc, something the size of the 1/2 tent campsites.

How feasible would it be to create an underground city or one buried within a mountain, akin to the dwarfs in Dragon Age? Does the SI make this impossible?

yes and no

depends how big of a cavern you want, but then you also have the fact you can actually get too big to fall :)

with supports you can span quite a large gap with stone.

yes and no

depends how big of a cavern you want, but then you also have the fact you can actually get too big to fall :)

with supports you can span quite a large gap with stone.

Redeagle built a killer inverted pyramid if I recall, all underground. Or maybe it was a verted one. Either way, it was impressive, and I'm willing to take a shot at an underground facility. Dunno about the mountain part though. I'll probably find a nice mountain in NAV or RG and bring it in to Hal's, but a13 sucks for mountains.

Redeagle built a killer inverted pyramid if I recall, all underground. Or maybe it was a verted one. Either way, it was impressive, and I'm willing to take a shot at an underground facility. Dunno about the mountain part though. I'll probably find a nice mountain in NAV or RG and bring it in to Hal's, but a13 sucks for mountains.

Well to make the mountain I would advise using my Dev Blocks (included in the medieval block code) that have the name "AutoFloor". With these you can make your own mountain in the matter of seconds. That's what I did. I believe Stompy did something similar for his giant mountain of doom, tool.

Speaking of which.... updated the blocks.xml and the icons:

Farmer Merchant

Support Block Log

Support Block

Support Block NewWood

Tan OldWoodWedge

Chicken Coop (will let you farm chickens)

ChickenCoop2

Chicken Nest

Farmer Merhcnat

Farmer Chest

Farmer Storage

Farmer's Cabinet

Hay Crate

I keep meaning to try your tools. Um, no homo. Hal is gonna take a look at my prefab and if it is within his control he will fix my si problem, then I'll finish the large village and try my hand at the underground complex. Maybe I'll randomize it a bit using my maze mixer.

Also a friend of mine saw your woes Guppy and sent me some advice to push forward in hopes of helping:

"Hay seen yall problems with SI in making and exporting POI’s. Not sure if you are doing it but all POI’s should have at least 5 layers of solid stone under the 1 layer of biome dirt and make sure you are chopping off all the air blocks above it. Also if it is a large POI make the solid stone foundation deeper. Just a few things I’ve learned building POI’s"

Sidenote: Once you've sampled the power of the Admin Tools and Auto blocks, you will be spoiled. SPOILED I SAY!

So, I'm NOT crazy. :)

Hal said this, if you don't follow his thread.

Confirmed. Looks like they've changed the SI calculation. It now relies on a stability value that wasn't there before. The TTS files haven't changed but there now needs to be an extra step when using the ip command. Good news is I've found what needs changing, the bad news is I'm still not sure what value to set it at. I can get rid of the problem by setting max stability but that means you can attach extra blocks without failing SI. I'll need to look into it more but it will probably be A14 when it all gets sorted out. I'll look at getting a patch out for 13.8 even if it's just with the max stability set.

nice to hear gupp :)

I sadly havent had a chance to do anything to my castle or my website this week. Work has been crazy busy. Today we shifted 20 cubic meters (about 700 cubic feet for you USAians : p) of networking gear, my job over the next few weeks is to inventory, test, and list on trade sites all of that gear... yay :p

So... What I'm hearing is, a few of the gigabit rack mounted switches are on their way to my house.

lol, sure thing :)

actually check out the new Cisco 1832 and 1852 Wifi AP's, I just got one for my house and its pretty slick ;) the 1852 can support 2Gbit speeds over the air.

If you ever need any refurbished networking gear let me know and I can hook you up, we do export to the states and its heaps cheaper than buying new :)

I've decided to go live with my site today so will work on the thread details in a bit. I'm away for the weekend (visiting parents and its my 40th ) but next week I'll aim to get the new mixer and prefabs uploaded for you guys to have a look at.

This will be the home for the configs: http://7days2mod.com/Medieval/

Can you host the prefabs, too, so they're not all over the place?

Happy 40th! I remember mine like it was 5 years ago. :)

I keep burning through router companies, so went with Asus this time, the interface is slick as hell, too. I want a rack mounted so I can wire everything through my closet. I have an option for a free rack, so... maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

No Changes on my side... have been focused on getting my site up to speed for a14 release :)

Given there will be a number of block changes needed to fit the new vanilla blocks in and new shapes etc we will prob need to do some re-working of the prefabs when a14 hits, and hopefully a decently working rwg to go with it. Will need to redo the biomes and rwgmixer anyway so will hold off for a14 to do a big update for it.

If they take about 2 more weeks for a14 then I should have my editor and prefab repository working by then so this will make things easier ;)

Have a few new buildings made thanks to community support but other than that, I must confess, I haven't done much. Not because I've forgotten or given up, mind, but because I'm not a good builder in general. Instead of spending days building one thing I've been relaxing playing other games. Lol. I will try to whip myself back into making something else though.

Update: The server has been upgraded thanks to the support from DarkRisen. It now has dedicated server support so it will be more stable and lag-free for easy building.

The server IP is

208.115.125.210 PORT: 26910

The password is.... well, if you're interested in building medieval prefabs let me know and I'll share the password so you can drop in and help out building.

Archived