Medieval Times?

Valmar

Here's some screenies of what I've built recently that fits w/ a medieval theme.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=782579961

built in 14.7 - has video

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=782582343

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=834523369

built recently - no video

I'm sure I could do better w/ proper blocks.

@Valmar - I'm sharing w/you the concepts of my mod project; The Witches of Endora. The idea was for 7 knights, "brave and true" and their liege to defend the castle [bottom picture], using only medieval weapons, against the armies of the Witches of Endora. Here's the bkgd and some notes to myself. If any of it interests you [or anyone else], feel free to incorporate into your mod. I'll help in whatever capacity I am able.

The Witches of Endora are mutants with psychic abilties. They are generally found in the Durwood Forest. Endoran witches have a thirst for human blood and their minions a taste for human flesh. During the day, the WoE command armies comprised of spider-like creatures called arachno, deadly boggart and fire golems. WoE can use "Cry of the Banshee", a series of shrill voice commands, to summon the dead to aid the witches in their attack. WoE have the power of "Burning Hands" and can immolate their prey by touch.

At night, WoE are much more powerful. Their armies now include clay golems and hell hounds.

witch, [screamer] - increased movement speed - changed melee attack to "handBurningZombie" - increased health - added drop event "recipes, talisman, health potions, witchesBrew, ingredients."

arachno [spider zombie] - increased movement speed - increased health - added drop event "acidGland, sinew" [used for bow making] - add [bite w/]buff "acidBurn"

bkgd: arachno are men, most likely unsuspecting hunters and wayfarers, transmuted into a spider-like creature capable of a poisonous bite.

bogie, boggart [hornet*] - increased movement speed - increased health - added paralyze or poison buffs to sting attack - added buff "mad" to hornet - added drop "venom"

bkgd: boggart or bogie [singular] are mutated hornets. The WoE cast a spell on the normally docile creature, changing it into a giant vicious manhunter. *[i know, slated for termination, a shame, too. It just wasn't utilized properly. Sub "bird" in future.]

fire golem [burnt zombie] - increased movement speed - increased health - add drop event "charcoal"

bkgd: Fire golems are constructed of wood, wax, paper and bits of clothing [wickerman]. They are then infused with a minor demonic spirit.

clay/sand golem [feral zombie and Boe*] - increased health - increased speed [boe only]

bkgd: Clay golems are constructed by coating a fire golem "wickerman" with clay and infusing it with a demonic spirit. Most end up just sand golems, shambling humanoid shapes. This is due to the quality of the clay and the experience/power of the witch. Properly crafted clay golems are relentless killing machines.

*I think Boe is the one that looks like a feral. I use him to make a weaker defective sand golem.

hell hound [dog] - increased health - added buff "burningSmall" to bite - added buff "hellFire" to dog - added drop event "heart, teeth, claws"

bkgd: Hell hounds are summoned/granted via demonic rituals and incantations. hellHounds have 3 attacks and associated debuffs; claws, teeth and firebite. From these one can suffer bleeding, infection and fire damage.

hellHounds have the ability to travel interdimensionally to Hell and rejuvenate their health [hellFire]. Upon returning from Hell, they will be aflame and gifted with tremendous speed

acidGland used to make acid bomb -

eating hellHoundHeart gives buff "courage"- courage = speed + health and stamina rejuvination

talisman made from hellHoundTeeth - debuff "burningSmall, burning" - use bandana slot -

claws are powdered and made into "rage" potion.

venom is used to make antiToxin which debuffs Poison.

spellbook [recipes]

talisman - done

health potion

rage potion

witchesBrew

acidburn

acidgland

sinew/bow

claws

teeth - done

heart - done

casting spells [buffs]

I didn't post code 'cause this would be too long. [and likely obsolete soon]

Here's some screenies of what I've built recently that fits w/ a medieval theme.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=782579961

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=782582343

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=834523369

built recently - no video

I'm sure I could do better w/ proper blocks.

@Valmar - I'm sharing w/you the concepts of my mod project; The Witches of Endora. The idea was for 7 knights, "brave and true" and their liege to defend the castle [bottom picture], using only medieval weapons, against the armies of the Witches of Endora. Here's the bkgd and some notes to myself. If any of it interests you [or anyone else], feel free to incorporate into your mod. I'll help in whatever capacity I am able.

[snip]

They're nice ideas - though Im just on the fence as to just how "fantasy" I want to go with it in terms of spell tomes and the like.

Honestly the nitty-gritty building of mechanics, items,skills, enemies, ect/ect is all last on my priority list. I won't be starting on any of that until the world itself is ready. Which is perhaps the most important part of the whole experience. The world is what will make or break any medieval mod, imo. So until I have enough prefabs designed and a rwgmixer.xml to make it all come together I won't be worrying about the items and spells or anything of the like.

• 9 months later...

This thread just disappeared, but there are some of us working on reviving this concept.

If this interests anyone and you would like to be a part of making a medieval style mod for 7dtd then guppycur and i would def like to speak with you. Just as a note, a set of weapons by pacco has been updated for 16.4, rwg has been worked on, prefabs are starting to come in and a set of npcs is made with more to come. So work has begun.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll jump on this wagon. I just grabed the icons and the new blocks list. Gonna look thru it tomorrow afternoon and possibly integrate them into my build-copy of 7dtd. This is the first I've seen of this topic as I've been stuck in editors for the past week. LOL

I'll be without service for a bit Sunday morming/afternoon. Getting a new ISP on Sunday morning as they gave us the runaround Thursday and Friday so I bitched and ended up getting them to come on a Sunday, they waived the 50$ installation fee and threw in HBO & TNN for a year for free... gotta love it when people screw you over and you still be "firmly pleasant" with them while imagining strangeling them with the phone cord.

Darkstardragon is looking at a copy of my Ancient Tomb as we speak so hopefully it makes the grade and I can join the construction crew. Old world/medieval is right up my alley but 7dtd is very limited as the era/period is way outta wack for said structures. I think I nailed it with the Tomb though and with more practice I'll become proficiant/faster at editing. i just have to learn when to stop. Tomb is 'loaded' with details that probably don't need to be there but hey, it sure looks good to me.

Part of the reason for waiting until a17 is the potential for a unity change (don't know if thats confirmed, I dont follow the news so much anymore)

This will be an sdx mod with new models and block textures etc, but from what the sdx experts have said it might be a mission to update things if the game updates unity.

We have a channel on guppycur's discord for friendly/mature people to come chat about ideas etc

This will be an sdx mod with new models and block textures etc, but from what the sdx experts have said it might be a mission to update things if the game updates unity. We have a channel on guppycur's discord for friendly/mature people to come chat about ideas etc

SDX... oh great, more to learn. Guess I'll have to get up to speed or i could just submit prefabs for you all to use.

But I'm always willing to learn new stuff so... off to the SDX posts I go.

SDX... oh great, more to learn. Guess I'll have to get up to speed or i could just submit prefabs for you all to use.

But I'm always willing to learn new stuff so... off to the SDX posts I go.

Bigstep, there isnt any making the grade lol. Basically anyone who wants to contribute can. As stompy said there are going to be major changes in a17 so this is on hold for now. That prefab is amazing btw!

Bigstep, there isnt any making the grade lol. Basically anyone who wants to contribute can.

I know, I was just being jovial. I'm a super-noob when it comes to 7dtd but not to level/content creation, I'm from way back in the Unreal Tournament days and I've always been one to modify anything I can within game worlds if possible. I want my prefabs to stand out and be worth playing/exploring, much like many of the creations of the members here. When I'm actually playing and come across a new (havent discovered it yet) prefab I sometimes stand in awe and my virtual, as well as real life, jaw hits the ground.

As stompy said there are going to be major changes in a17 so this is on hold for now.

This gives me time to study the SDX stuff. I read through some of the Help @ the SDX site last night and it all seems pretty basic.

When in doubt R.T.F.M. (read the "eFing" manual)

That prefab is amazing btw!

Thanx, glad you like it. If theres anything that you think can/should be improved upon let me know. I like constructive analysis and feedback 'cause it makes me strive to be better at everything I do, both in reality and in the virtual realm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure there is a new thread. Work had begun on things that won't likely be impacted by A17, when work will complete. Right now we are mostly clearing out the inappropriate blocks and pois and making new blocks needed to begin the construction of period appropriate pois. We are not working on game play mechanics at this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived