Server Tools

dmustanger

Hello,

First of all let me thank you for this great tool. Secondly, i'm wondering if you're planning to add some PvP control features, for people that may be interested in creating safe areas... I've been adapting your code to fit my needs (hope that's ok), but if you have that somehow planned great :)

Finally I'm also auto-deleting invalid stacks when a player is kicked for that reason, and seems to be working alright, I wonder if you ever tested anything similar to make sure I'm not doing something I shouldn't :)

I do have something like this in the works. Not sure when i will get it done and released yet

- - - Updated - - -

mhhh.. the clanleave and clandel not realy works.. you know this ?

hmm and /gimme write a message thats the gimme is not enabled.. can we take off this message ? i use gimme via other tool. i delete the gimme in all xml files.. but the message still there

I have pretty much rewrote the entire clanmanager part of the mod. not sure when i will release it yet tho still have some testing to do on it

I do have something like this in the works. Not sure when i will get it done and released yet

- - - Updated - - -

I have pretty much rewrote the entire clanmanager part of the mod. not sure when i will release it yet tho still have some testing to do on it

Thank you for the reply.. I'll stick with my very simple features while I wait for you to update then. Thanks again for the great tool, makes managment a lot easier.

• 2 weeks later...
does this work with TCAdmin. I was given the option to download this from lowlatency, but there is nothing in the folder except for modinfo.xml. how do i actually use it. sorry for the noob question.

Installation

Download and extract the files.

Copy the Mods folder to the root directory of your sever.

Start the server. The mod will auto create the config file in the game save directory. Enable each part of the mod you want via ..\your game save directory\ServerTools\ServerToolsConfig.xml

Once a module is enabled if it has a config it will auto create them in the ServerTools folder in the game save directory.

High Ping Kicker Console Commands

Usage:

maxping <maxping> (sets the max ping allowed)

pingimmunity add <steamid> <name> (adds player to ping immunity, name is optional)

or

pi add <steamid> <name>

pingimmunity remove <steamid> (removes a player from ping immunity)

or

pi remove <steamid>

pingimmunity list (list all steamids on the ping immunity list)

or

pi list

The files you mess about with will end up in a folder called server tools within the saves folder.

The issue here is that i am not running this off of a local machine, but through a server i purchased from lowlatency. i see the mods folder and it has ServerTools in it but there is no xml. I have looked all around the files that i can see on it and there is no save file. I installed servertools directly from the TCAdmin control panel. I just dont see a servertools xml anywhere, even after starting the server.

is the issue here that i cant see the saves folder from ym control panel?

/return

You'll have to be more specific. Do you mean /sethome -->> go to xyz -->> /home to do stuff -->> /return to xyz?

After using the /home it would be nice to be able to use a /return to teleport back the last place you used the /home. This would be useful when looting a town and need to unload items and get back to the town real quick.

Edited by [email protected] (see edit history)

lol, I just wish /home didn't make me fall through the world. But that't not an issue with this mod, it's more of a world render issue.

I have found if I turn on creative menu and do H for flying then /home I get there fine, but I have to wait for the chunk to render before I can be on solid ground.

The issue here is that i am not running this off of a local machine, but through a server i purchased from lowlatency. i see the mods folder and it has ServerTools in it but there is no xml. I have looked all around the files that i can see on it and there is no save file. I installed servertools directly from the TCAdmin control panel. I just dont see a servertools xml anywhere, even after starting the server.

is the issue here that i cant see the saves folder from ym control panel?

Will Lowlatency allow you to install the mod manually? i.e. FTP files to the Mods folder from your local files?

Yes! Once the mod dll is in the Mods folder and the server is started, ServerToolsConfig.xml will be created in root/saves/ServerTools folder.

After using the /home it would be nice to be able to use a /return to teleport back the last place you used the /home. This would be useful when looting a town and need to unload items and get back to the town real quick.

It will require a /setreturn command too which would write the position coords to a file similar to the SavedHomesData.xml file when performing /sethome. dmustanger will have to look into that for you.

lol, I just wish /home didn't make me fall through the world. But that't not an issue with this mod, it's more of a world render issue.

I modded my copy of the dll so that doesn't happen. I hard coded the y coord to -1. Super fast teleports/chunk loading and no more falling, but you always land on the top most block in the world. In other words, if you are in your crafting room and do /sethome, /home will spawn you on the roof of your base. I could share my version after I remove some other code I've added. dmustanger said he'd look into this as well.

I run a new server from lowlatency on 144.76.237.104 using ServerTools. I also activated like you did. But, you need to go to the file manager and go to File Manager > \Data\Worlds\ServerTools . In this folder you must edit ServerToolsConfig.xml. You must change whatever command you want from False to True. When you save, the corresponding xml will be created and you can edit it more. More than that I haven't tried so far. If that doesn't work I would create a ticket as lowlatency have answered all my tickets within a day - and in a good manner.

you can also read here: https://github.com/dmustanger/7dtd-ServerTools/releases/tag/v2.2

But not extremely helpful to noobs like myself...

Good luck!

How do I get the ticker to work.

the thing that is supposed to go to chat every X minutes telling you how many days till next 7th day, and also how many entities are spawned etc.

These are separate items.

InfoTicker - You have to enable it True in the ServerToolsConfig.xml and then setup the InfoTicker.xml

Command /day7 will show you how many days until the next horde night as well as the number of entities.

I've added this function to my modded version of Server Tools. I've been testing it on our server the past couple of days without any issues.

All of these A14 updates have kept me super busy updating my other mods and there will hopefully be another update tonight for the memory leak Madmole talked about. I'll try to update my github soon and post it here for you guys to try.

Thanks

I've added this function to my modded version of Server Tools. I've been testing it on our server the past couple of days without any issues.

All of these A14 updates have kept me super busy updating my other mods and there will hopefully be another update tonight for the memory leak Madmole talked about. I'll try to update my github soon and post it here for you guys to try.

Ok Thanks for your hard work!

These are separate items.

InfoTicker - You have to enable it True in the ServerToolsConfig.xml and then setup the InfoTicker.xml

Command /day7 will show you how many days until the next horde night as well as the number of entities.

Ahh thank you for that insight. Much appreciated.

I finally got a minute to update my files and upload to GitHub.

Please read the instructions on the page and use this mod at your own risk.

I've been running this on my dedicated server over a week now without any issues. Let me know if you guys see any.

Once again, thanks to dmustanger for the original work.

Note that I have the Y coords hard coded to -1 so that you don't fall through the world. This will put you on the top most block at the set X and Z. If you have an underground base, build an air shaft where you want to set home. /return is best to be set on top of a building.

https://github.com/schwanz9000/ServerTools-with-Return/releases/tag/v1.0

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to work with 14.6

all configs have been changed and will need to be deleted and redone!

****CHANGE LOG****

v3.0

Updated to a14.6

Changed Commands /info and /help have been moved to CustomChatCommands.xml and are not hard coded anymore.

Changed CustomCommands now has DelayBetweenUses added to the config but not working yet

Changed Moved motd message from InfoTicker.xml to server tools config

Changed Motd can now contain the players name using the variable {PlayerName}

Changed added chickens and screamer counts to /day7

Changed Infoticker will now post any message with the same id at the same time

Changed BadWordFilter now checks all words before returning the string

Change annouce invalid item stacks will now enter a log entry into chat logs.

Fixed Using /home will always spawn you at the highest point. thanks schwanz9000

Fixed Anounce invalid item stack numbers not working unless invalid item kicker was enabled

Added Chat flood protection. Will block anything with more then 500 characters

Updated to work with 14.6

all configs have been changed and will need to be deleted and redone!

****CHANGE LOG****

v3.0

Updated to a14.6

Changed Commands /info and /help have been moved to CustomChatCommands.xml and are not hard coded anymore.

Changed CustomCommands now has DelayBetweenUses added to the config but not working yet

Changed Moved motd message from InfoTicker.xml to server tools config

Changed Motd can now contain the players name using the variable {PlayerName}

Changed added chickens and screamer counts to /day7

Changed Infoticker will now post any message with the same id at the same time

Changed BadWordFilter now checks all words before returning the string

Change annouce invalid item stacks will now enter a log entry into chat logs.

Fixed Using /home will always spawn you at the highest point. thanks schwanz9000

Fixed Anounce invalid item stack numbers not working unless invalid item kicker was enabled

Added Chat flood protection. Will block anything with more then 500 characters

Thank you!!!!!

I let the mod generate a whole new "ServerTools" Folder in the game save folder.

<ServerTools> <Tools>

<Tool Name="AdminChatCommands" Enable="True" PermissionLevelForMute="0" />

<Tool Name="AnnounceInvalidItemStack" Enable="False" />

<Tool Name="AutoSaveWorld" Enable="True" DelayBetweenWorldSaves="15" />

<Tool Name="BadWordFilter" Enable="False" />

<Tool Name="ChatFloodProtection" Enable="True" />

<Tool Name="ChatLogger" Enable="False" />

<Tool Name="ClanManager" Enable="True" />

<Tool Name="CustomCommands" Enable="False" ChatColor="[00FF00]" />

<Tool Name="Day7" Enable="True" />

<Tool Name="Gimme" Enable="False" DelayBetweenGimmeUses="60" AlwaysShowResponse="False" />

<Tool Name="HighPingKicker" Enable="True" Maxping="175" SamplesNeeded="1" />

<Tool Name="InfoTicker" Enable="True" DelayBetweenMessages="1" />

<Tool Name="InvalidItemKicker" Enable="False" Ban="True" />

<Tool Name="Killme" Enable="True" DelayBetweenKillmeUses="10" />

<Tool Name="Motd" Enable="True" Message="[ff6b6b]RAID NATION PvP. [f9d937]Welcome to the apocalypse {PlayerName}, [bdbdba]check the [f9d937]INFORMATION IN YOUR INVENTORY [bdbdba]for server news, info, and events[e6e6e6]. " />

</Tools>

</ServerTools>