Server Tools

dmustanger

Hey...

Thanks for the update.

How to you enable /sethome etc?? .. i can't see anything in the config files about it.

I did as it said. Delete all old files and downloaded the newset version. Do you have to write something in the ServerToolsConfig.xml file? to enable sethome etc`?

Using this linie in the ServerToolsConfig.xml - <Tool Name="Motd" Enable="True" Message="Welcome to Builders Heaven (PVE) {PlayerName}. If this is your first time here, please read the rules!" /> But it's saying the another persons name when you join. It's the last new person you join the server. That name it's saying in to all.

Best regards

Hjorten

Edited by HjortenDK (see edit history)

The Y coordinate appears to be off in the position of XYZ. The elevation always defaults to ground level with the /sethome /home commands. I see that the GetPosition() is returning a Y value that does not appear to be remotely close to the elevation returned in the client GUI map HUD for elevation... I wonder if maybe a small math calc needs to be applied to find the correct Y value and to make it work. The X & Z appear to be spot on. Good job on the SERVER TOOLS by the way and thanks so much for sharing. If you have any ideas on the Y values I would love to hear them. Thanks again. :playful:

The Y coordinate appears to be off in the position of XYZ. The elevation always defaults to ground level with the /sethome /home commands. I see that the GetPosition() is returning a Y value that does not appear to be remotely close to the elevation returned in the client GUI map HUD for elevation... I wonder if maybe a small math calc needs to be applied to find the correct Y value and to make it work. The X & Z appear to be spot on. Good job on the SERVER TOOLS by the way and thanks so much for sharing. If you have any ideas on the Y values I would love to hear them. Thanks again. :playful:

The y position is set to -1 to prevent falling through the world when spawned in.

Thanks.

Oh ok thank you I misunderstood when I was reading Allocs Fixes for "TeleportPlayer.cs"

https://7dtd.illy.bz/browser/binary-improvements/AllocsCommands/Commands/TeleportPlayer.cs

he said "

Use y = -1 to spawn on ground.
" and I mistook that to be optional. I did not realize that the Assembly "Assembly-CSharp.dll" was overwriting the Y value being passed to it and then forcing it to be a mandatory -1. Thanks for clearing that up. :tranquillity:

The y position is set to -1 to prevent falling through the world when spawned in.

Using this linie in the ServerToolsConfig.xml - <Tool Name="Motd" Enable="True" Message="Welcome to Builders Heaven (PVE) {PlayerName}. If this is your first time here, please read the rules!" /> But it's saying the another persons name when you join. It's the last new person you join the server. That name it's saying in to all.

Best regards

Hjorten

This will be fixed in the next version

https://github.com/dmustanger/7dtd-ServerTools/commit/b2348106fa0d920f4e985c7653cac4bd2e507b08

Thanks for the update.

Since I am running a hosted server, and they have an automated piece that points to your mod.

How can I verify that it is pulling the updated version without being able to log into the game (I am at work and cannot run up the client).

I am trying to determine if I need to put in a ticket to have them update their pointer.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update.

Since I am running a hosted server, and they have an automated piece that points to your mod.

How can I verify that it is pulling the updated version without being able to log into the game (I am at work and cannot run up the client).

I am trying to determine if I need to put in a ticket to have them update their pointer.

Thanks.

If you have access to the actual files (FTP, or web tool), you should be able to look at the version number in root/Mods/ServerTools/ModInfo.xml.

If you have access to the actual files (FTP, or web tool), you should be able to look at the version number in root/Mods/ServerTools/ModInfo.xml.

Perfect, thank you. I was looking in the wrong spot. (location with all the config xml files).

• 2 weeks later...

I installed as instructed (3.2), initially just enabled ping kicker and autosave.

Then today I enabled custom chat commands for the rules etc, and they became enabled, and the customchat XML was created. However, no changes I make to the commandlist are reflected in game. I even deleted the list of commands and it was not rewritten. I have disabled the custom commands in Config.xml, but they are still available on the server, but with the stock messages. I tried giving full 777 permissions to the chatcommand file in case, but no dice.

Does the server need a restart for the changes to take effect?

Is it a bug?

(I have also posted this to github, sorry if this is considered spamming you)

-----EDIT

If you need access to server or filesystem, just let me know.

Edited by zigstum (see edit history)

I installed as instructed (3.2), initially just enabled ping kicker and autosave.

Then today I enabled custom chat commands for the rules etc, and they became enabled, and the customchat XML was created. However, no changes I make to the commandlist are reflected in game. I even deleted the list of commands and it was not rewritten. I have disabled the custom commands in Config.xml, but they are still available on the server, but with the stock messages. I tried giving full 777 permissions to the chatcommand file in case, but no dice.

Does the server need a restart for the changes to take effect?

Is it a bug?

(I have also posted this to github, sorry if this is considered spamming you)

-----EDIT

If you need access to server or filesystem, just let me know.

Having similar issues getting chat commands to work. Pre-Reboot it listed the default ones when /commands was entered. After entering own wording etc and rebooting I only get it saying /day7 and /pm. Also day7 is in the list as enabled=false.

Having similar issues getting chat commands to work. Pre-Reboot it listed the default ones when /commands was entered. After entering own wording etc and rebooting I only get it saying /day7 and /pm. Also day7 is in the list as enabled=false.

Yeah, server rebooted after random crash and none of /commands work.

Autokick is still working though, which is good.

Had to setup a cron job to cover the autosave though.

Can't make it to works on 14.6

Log: [MODS] Error while executing SavePlayerData on mod "Server Tools"

Looks like there might be something wrong with HighPingKicker or InvalidItemKicker. Disable those in the ServerTools config and see if that lets the mod start.

Just an idea until dmustanger can fix it.

Edited by schwanz9000
Watchlist is in the unreleased 3.3 (see edit history)

Can't make it to works on 14.6

Log: [MODS] Error while executing SavePlayerData on mod "Server Tools"

can you provide more of the log? such as when it is happening such as on load, after someone joins? anyone else getting these errors? everything seems fine on my server.

can you provide more of the log? such as when it is happening such as on load, after someone joins? anyone else getting these errors? everything seems fine on my server.

2016-05-27T09:50:36 95.774 ERR [MODS] Error while executing PlayerSpawning on mod "Server Tools"

2016-05-27T09:50:36 95.774 EXC Method not found: 'NetPackageGameMessage..ctor'.

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'NetPackageGameMessage..ctor'.

at ServerTools.API.PlayerSpawning (.ClientInfo _cInfo, Int32 _chunkViewDim, .PlayerProfile _playerProfile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModManager.PlayerSpawning (.ClientInfo _cInfo, Int32 _chunkViewDim, .PlayerProfile _playerProfile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

ModManager:PlayerSpawning(ClientInfo, Int32, PlayerProfile)

GameManager:RequestToSpawnPlayer(ClientInfo, Int32, PlayerProfile)

NetPackageRequestToSpawnPlayer:ProcessPackage(World, INetConnectionCallbacks)

ConnectionManager:IS(INetConnection, NetPackageDirection)

ConnectionManager:Update()

(Filename: Line: -1)

I'm using also latest allocfix mod

This is the error at login of player...

Disabled all function and keept only /gimme function... no error log but command didn't works... simply /gimme appear in chat without effect.

Edited by andreagighi (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I downloaded the mod, installed it on my dedicated server. Started the server and no folders appeared in my save. The folder is inside the root folder of my server.

Any ideas what happened? Maybe I did something wrong?

Thanks!

ChewChew

The clan chat have problems. I can not remove my clan. He said everytime that the name was not found. If i want to create a clan that he said i am already created the clan.

And i want to use that tools in 2 Servers... So can you fix that we can use this for 2 servers ?

Hey using your mod a bit over a week now and have added a custom teleport in custom chat commands with a delay of 30

<Command Command="atlantis" Response="teleportplayer {EntityId} -684 -1 -162" DelayBetweenUses="30" />

But when i test it, i can use it instantly again. Any idea what is wrong?

Hey using your mod a bit over a week now and have added a custom teleport in custom chat commands with a delay of 30

But when i test it, i can use it instantly again. Any idea what is wrong?

from the changelog "Changed CustomCommands now has DelayBetweenUses added to the config but not working yet"