Server Tools

dmustanger

• 2 weeks later...

<Message id="1" Message="[FF0000]WARNING: [-][00FF00]Minibikes are fun![-]" />

This would be WARNING: Minibikes are fun!

Color tags are RGB hex values inside brackets [RRGGBB] and a closing bracket [-].

RGB Hex values can be found using a website like http://www.colorpicker.com/

Edited by schwanz9000 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm on A15 b83 and I've installed the mod and it doesn't seem to create the config xml in the save folder, thus the rest doesn't seem to work. I got the latest and compiled it so technically version 3.3, but I also tried the stable 3.2 and that didn't work either. I placed the the files in the Mods folder in their own directory and I am using a custom save location, but also tried the default with no success. I also am not using any other mods.

I do thank you for using github though with C#, because I definitely want to create some modifications of my own and this will hopefully act as a jumping off point :)

try the new one i just updated. Check the first post

v3.3

Added Reserved Slots to the mod. Will kick the player with the least amount of crafted items.

Added Watchlist to the mod. Will alert online admins when the watchlisted player is online.

(Console Commads Usage: watchlist add <steamID> <reason>, watchlist remove <steamID>, watchlist list)

Fixed Motd not showing the correct player name

Updated invalid items list (NOTE: will need to delete InvalidItems.xml if you want the updated list if items)

Changed ServerToolsConfig.xml & ServerToolsPhrases.xml will now update themselves if needed. No need to delete them anymore.

Updated day7 to include a15 zombies

v3.3

Added Reserved Slots to the mod. Will kick the player with the least amount of crafted items.

Added Watchlist to the mod. Will alert online admins when the watchlisted player is online.

(Console Commads Usage: watchlist add <steamID> <reason>, watchlist remove <steamID>, watchlist list)

Updated invalid items list (NOTE: will need to delete InvalidItems.xml if you want the updated list if items)

Changed ServerToolsConfig.xml & ServerToolsPhrases.xml will now update themselves if needed. No need to delete them anymore.

Nope, no luck there :( Still doesn't generate the config xml's. Also, I have never used this mod before so no configs previously existed.

I'm on A15 b83 and I've installed the mod and it doesn't seem to create the config xml in the save folder, thus the rest doesn't seem to work. I got the latest and compiled it so technically version 3.3, but I also tried the stable 3.2 and that didn't work either. I placed the the files in the Mods folder in their own directory and I am using a custom save location, but also tried the default with no success. I also am not using any other mods.

I do thank you for using github though with C#, because I definitely want to create some modifications of my own and this will hopefully act as a jumping off point :)

I'm doing a clean install of both the Client and Server to test with A15 B83. I'll keep you posted.

v3.3

Awesome! I thought I was going to have to do all that once A15 went stable. :p

it may take a few mins to write the config depending on the speed of the server. Are you sure you are looking in the correct place?

are you using linux?

Nope, I'm running a dedicated windows server. I'll install it again and run the server for 10 mins to see if it shows up. I also did a search in the root directory for the file with no luck.

[ATTACH]16839[/ATTACH]

here is the config place next to your Navezgane folder

if you can post your log file so i can figure out why its not writing the config for you. i have tested at least 10 times and works every time for me

Aha I figured it out. So I checked the logs and below is what it was throwing when starting the server.

2016-09-22T23:32:59 1.005 INF [MODS] Trying to load from ServerTools
2016-09-22T23:32:59 1.011 WRN [MODS] Not loading DLL, only supported on the dedicated server build
2016-09-22T23:32:59 1.012 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Server Tools (3.3)
2016-09-22T23:32:59 1.012 INF [MODS] Loading done

On the server, I was using the steam client version of the game. I would have thought maybe the executables weren't different because the file sizes were the same, but they must be different. So I modified my steamCMD to pull down the A15 branch instead of the latest stable to get the dedicated server version and now it works :)

Anyone else having issues with MOTD inserting the player username in the MOTD message even though the code for username has been removed? Or am I doing something wrong?

<Tool Name="Motd" Enable="True" Message="Welcome to The Hated Crew (PvE) Server. Type /help in chat for more information." />

It's changing "The Hated Crew" to the person's name when it sends it to them.

Thanks.

Anyone else having issues with MOTD inserting the player username in the MOTD message even though the code for username has been removed? Or am I doing something wrong?

It's changing "The Hated Crew" to the person's name when it sends it to them.

Thanks.

We had something very similar when we started using Coppi's Chat Colour command.

Our serverTools InfoTicker messages would display the name of a player as the announcer rather than 'Server'.

@Prisma501 amalgamated the two mods and sorted out the problem for us.