Server Tools

dmustanger

Ok so the test went like this...

Had a guy test the feature

<Tool Name="AnnounceInvalidItemStack" Enable="True" />

Nothing happened just like you said. So I enabled

<Tool Name="InvalidItemKicker" Enable="True" Ban="False" />

Then all hell broke loose on the server. I added wood to the InvalidItemKicker and next thing you know, everybody got spammed CHEAT DETECTED and booted instantly from the server. I was prepaired for this so I had a saved copy of the server tools with itemkicked disabled so I just uploaded that and deleted the itemkicker configure so everybody was able to rejoin. About 16 of 20 people connected got booted for having wood.

It was rather amusing and it spammed the hell out of CBSM chat showing Cheat Detected but left nothing in the chat logger provided through Server Tools.

Is there a way to have it log that cheat detected notification in the chat logger and also how do I go about added a quantity size to the itemkicker?

So as of now there is no way to include a stack size limit? For example, anything under 1000 wood is ok. Anything over a single stack size of 1,000 is the dupe bug for wood. Like having a stack of 28,000 wood.

If not I would like to suggest allowing us to add items with a stack size limit before it kicks in and maybe even a time delay (adjustable) after the warning and before it removes you from the server.

Alert players of Invalid Item stack numbers in their inventory.

Chat logger. Saves all ingame chat to a log file in the game save directory.

How about... keep it working the way it does now.

Plus:

Even if Stack Warning / Stack Ban are disabled, it still logs each "stack event" to the chat log.

Then the admin can see if this was a one-time issue and most likely unintentional due to a game bug.

A simple solution for admins who want to decide for themselves. =P

What are the chances of you changing /sethome or adding a /sethome2 to use -1 for the Y instead of the current position?

Here is why I ask.

The only downfall I see is that the -1 Y will put you on the top most block.

I will look into this. I have not had a chance to do anything with /sethome yet since the update.

I do have many bug fixes and changes coming soon. I still have to go through the clan manager and /sethome and still need to change gimme to add the items directly in to the players inventory instead of dropping the item on the ground. Once i have these main issues worked out i will release it. :D

Edited by dmustanger (see edit history)

I love this tool (especially for how small a footprint it takes to run and how quick it responds). One request if at all possible is to have multiple teleports set by users? I know the server admin can add them manually using custom commands but maybe if we could have a set number (say 3 or 5) that the users can set themselves or have the amount configurable by the admin.

Thanks!

I love this tool (especially for how small a footprint it takes to run and how quick it responds). One request if at all possible is to have multiple teleports set by users? I know the server admin can add them manually using custom commands but maybe if we could have a set number (say 3 or 5) that the users can set themselves or have the amount configurable by the admin.

Thanks!

this should be doable

Hi, I'm using this mod for a while now and it worked a long time very well, but now the info ticker and the motd is not working anymore on my server and I have no doubt why. The info ticker is not spamming anymore and the welcome message is everytime the default message (Welcome to Your ServerNameHere...).

I already deleted the mod including the config. files and reseted it up without any effects.

I'm stuck here. :(

InfoTicker.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<InfoTicketer>
   <Motd>
       <Motd Message="Welcome to our PVP server!" />
   </Motd>
   <Messages>
       <Message Message="[fc6000]Type /commands for a list of the chat commands.[-]" />
       <Message Message="[007200]The server restarts every 6 hours. Restarts are multiple announced.[-]" />
       <Message Message="[fc6000]Do not use glitched items or you will be permabanned![-]" />
       <Message Message="[007200]Trees are not falling? Thats not a bug, thats a feature on this server. [-]" />
   </Messages>
</InfoTicketer>

ServerToolsConfig.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ServerTools>
   <Tools>
       <Tool Name="CustomCommands" Enable="True" ChatColor="[00FF00]" />
       <Tool Name="Killme" Enable="True" DelayBetweenKillmeUses="60" />
       <Tool Name="Gimme" Enable="False" DelayBetweenGimmeUses="60" AlwaysShowResponse="False" />
       <Tool Name="SetHome" Enable="False" DelayBetweenSetHomeUses="60" />
       <Tool Name="HighPingKicker" Enable="True" Maxping="160" SamplesNeeded="0" />
       <Tool Name="InvalidItemKicker" Enable="False" Ban="True" />
       <Tool Name="AnnounceInvalidItemStack" Enable="False" />
       <Tool Name="ChatLogger" Enable="True" />
       <Tool Name="BadWordFilter" Enable="False" />
       <Tool Name="InfoTicker" Enable="True" DelayBetweenMessages="1" />
       <Tool Name="Motd" Enable="True" />
       <Tool Name="AutoSaveWorld" Enable="True" DelayBetweenWorldSaves="8" />
       <Tool Name="ClanManager" Enable="True" />
       <Tool Name="AdminChatCommands" Enable="True" PermissionLevelForMute="0" />
   </Tools>
</ServerTools>

No, this is not the reason.

I'm editing the most config files on my server via SFTP with WinSCP. Just 1 click and the file is downloaded & opened in Notepad++, after saving the changes WinSCP will automatically detect that and upload it back to the server.

Maybe you give that program a try. Makes such things much more comfortable. :)

A collection of tools that I use for my dedicated server to get away from telnet.

All Configs can be edited without restarting the server to take effect!

Thanks to Alloc for taking the time to answer my questions and for the examples he provided in his mod.

If upgrading from a earlier version to version 2.1, delete ServerToolsPhrases.xml BEFORE the server is running to update the config.

If upgrading from a earlier version to version 2.0 or greater, delete ServerToolsConfig.xml WHILE the server is running to keep your current settings and update the config.

Here is a link to the download. Server Tools v2.2

Current Features

Custom chat commands with custom color. Add your own commands via config. All commands are added to the chat commands /commands /info /help automatically. All chat commands can use "!" or "/". If "/gimme" is used it returns a private message to the player. If "!gimme" is used it returns a message to the entire server.

/Gimme with adjustable timer and items via config.

/Killme with adjustable timer via config.

/home /sethome /delhome with adjustable timer for /home via config.

High ping kicker with ping immunity. Can add players to the immunity list via config or console command. Can also set it so that it takes samples before a kick occurs. If you set SamplesNeeded to 2 in the config, a player would have to have a high ping for 2 checks before the player is kicked.

Ban or kick players for invalid items/blocks in their inventory such as reinforced concrete blocks. Select what items/blocks are invalid via config. (my personal favorite. have auto banned so many cheaters from this one lol)

Alert players of Invalid Item stack numbers in their inventory.

Chat logger. Saves all ingame chat to a log file in the game save directory.

Bad word filter. Replaces bad words with "*****". Can add bad words via config.

Motd adjustable via config.

InfoTicker/Scrolling messages adjustable via config.

Auto save the world every x amount of minutes adjustable via config.

All chat responses can be edited via config.

Admin chat commands @admins @all /mute /unmute. @admins <message> will send a message to all admins and only admins can use this command. @all <message> is just like a say command. /mute <playerName> will keep said player from posting in the chat. /unmute <playerName> will allow the player to post in the chat again.

Clan Tag Protection. Only the person that created the clan can delete the clan and promote/demote members to/from officers. Only clan owners and officers can invite and remove members.

to make a clan type /clanadd <clanTag>

to delete a clan type /clandel

to add members type /claninvite <playerName>

to remove a member type /clanremove <playerName>

to promote a member to officer type /clanpromote <playerName>

to demote a member from officer to member type /clandemote <playerName>

to accept a clan invite type /clanaccept

to decline a clan invite type /clandecline

to leave a clan type /clanleave

Chat commands /pm or /w for players to pm other players.

Usage: /w <playername> <message> or /pm <playername> <message>

Installation

Download and extract the files.

Copy the Mods folder to the root directory of your sever.

Start the server. The mod will auto create the config file in the game save directory. Enable each part of the mod you want via ..\your game save directory\ServerTools\ServerToolsConfig.xml

Once a module is enabled if it has a config it will auto create them in the ServerTools folder in the game save directory.

High Ping Kicker Console Commands

Usage:

maxping <maxping> (sets the max ping allowed)

pingimmunity add <steamid> <name> (adds player to ping immunity, name is optional)

or

pi add <steamid> <name>

pingimmunity remove <steamid> (removes a player from ping immunity)

or

pi remove <steamid>

pingimmunity list (list all steamids on the ping immunity list)

or

pi list

****CHANGE LOG****

v2.2

Updated for a13

v2.1

Added /clancommands to /help so players can see what commands are available to them

Added /clanleave so players can leave the clan

Added chat command /pm or /w for players to pm other players usage: /w <playername> <message> or /pm <playername> <message>

Added clan tag strings and admin chat command strings to the phrases xml (Must delete the xml.)

Changed /day7 Animal counts are now correct and added more infos to the output

Fixed xml error in clansdata.xml

Cleaned up the phrases xml (Must delete the xml.)

Clan members can be removed while offline using a steamid

Removed a unused string from InvalidItems

v2.0

Added Clan tag protection

Added Admin chat commands /mute /unmute @admins @all

Added AlwaysShowResponse to the config for /gimme

Changed day7 to not show the animal count at the moment

Fixed a log error

Fixed phrases not writing the id correctly

v1.4

Fixed Infoticker sending messages when there were none saved

Fixed /home not observing DelayBetweenSetHomeUses time

Fixed /home /gimme /killme error "key already present in dictionary" if DelayBetweenUses was set to 0

Fixed parts of the mod loading more then once

Fixed could not use /gimme /killme more then once if DelayBetweenUses was set to 0

v1.3

Fixed could not use /home more then once if DelayBetweenSetHomeUses was set to 0

v1.2

Fixed Object reference not set to an instance of an object

v1.1

Fixed Motd not loading

Fixed invalid items not loading if the mod was not enabled at server start and there was no config present

Fixed updating saved phrases

Removed my admin hammer from the default invalid items list lol

v1.0

Initial release

What are the chances of having an IP blacklist? I'd like to for instance, ban all Russian and China IPA's. Thanks for your work here!

• 1 month later...
What are the chances of you changing /sethome or adding a /sethome2 to use -1 for the Y instead of the current position?

Here is why I ask.

The only downfall I see is that the -1 Y will put you on the top most block.

I will look into this. I have not had a chance to do anything with /sethome yet since the update.

I do have many bug fixes and changes coming soon. I still have to go through the clan manager and /sethome and still need to change gimme to add the items directly in to the players inventory instead of dropping the item on the ground. Once i have these main issues worked out i will release it. :D

I figured it out if you'd like to try/add it. You'll need to change...

EntityPlayer _player = GameManager.Instance.World.Players.dict[_cInfo.entityId];
               _player.position.x = x;
               _player.position.y = y;
               _player.position.z = z;
               NetPackageEntityTeleport pkg = new NetPackageEntityTeleport(_player);

...to...

EntityPlayer _player = GameManager.Instance.World.Players.dict[_cInfo.entityId];
               [color="#FF0000"]UnityEngine.Vector3 destPos = new UnityEngine.Vector3();[/color]
               [color="#FF0000"]destPos[/color].x = x;
               [color="#FF0000"]destPos[/color].y = [color="#FF0000"]-1[/color];
               [color="#FF0000"]destPos[/color].z = z;
               NetPackage[color="#FF0000"]TeleportPlayer[/color] pkg = new NetPackage[color="#FF0000"]TeleportPlayer[/color]([color="#FF0000"]destPos[/color]);

If you haven't done so already, you'll need to update the following to the /day7 command for the zombie counts...

(_name == "zombie04" || _name == "zombie05" || _name == "zombie06" || _name == "zombie07" ||
_name == "zombieBoe" || _name == "zombieJoe" || _name == "zombieMoe" || _name == "zombieYo" ||
_name == "zombieSteve" || _name == "zombieSteveCrawler" || _name == "zombie01" ||
_name == "zombiecrawler" ||_name == "snowzombie01" || _name == "snowzombie02" ||
_name == "snowzombie03" || _name == "spiderzombie" ||_name == "burntzombie" ||
_name == "zombiegal01" || _name == "zombiegal02" || _name == "zombiegal03" ||
_name == "zombiegal04" || _name == "zombie02" || _name == "fatzombie" ||
_name == "zombieUMAfemale" || _name == "zombieUMAmale")

TO:

(_name == "zombie01" || _name == "zombie04" || _name == "zombieScreamer" ||
_name == "zombieBoe" || _name == "zombieJoe" || _name == "zombieMoe" || _name == "zombieYo" ||
_name == "zombieSteve" || _name == "zombieSteveCrawler" || _name == "zombieNurse" ||
_name == "zombieDarlene" || _name == "zombieArlene" || _name == "zombieMarlene" ||
_name == "snowzombie" || _name == "spiderzombie" || _name == "burntzombie")

In my files I've also added else if statements and phrasing for animalChicken and zombieBear. I'm going to wait unitl the zombieMaleHazmat and zombieFemaleHazemat are actually added to the game before adding them.

This is a cool mod, we have been looking for a teleport mod. I have some questions:

1. how can I add more than 1 home? my players love the /sethome /home but I would like options for 2 or 3 locations like /sethome 1,2,3

2. how do you use and configure /gimme? I do not see it in the config file nor do I see any examples.

thank you!

This is a cool mod, we have been looking for a teleport mod. I have some questions:

1. how can I add more than 1 home? my players love the /sethome /home but I would like options for 2 or 3 locations like /sethome 1,2,3

2. how do you use and configure /gimme? I do not see it in the config file nor do I see any examples.

thank you!

1. dmustanger said it's doable. You can setup custom chat commands until he gets around to adding that.

Example:

<Command Command="9000" Response="tele {EntityId} -2232 -1 -13840" />

2. /saves/ServerTools/GimmeItems.xml

Edited by schwanz9000 (see edit history)

Custom Commands

First, a big "Thank you" for the mod! I was looking for something like this because I didn't like CBSM and you're giving me everything I wanted from CBSM lol.

I really but REALLY feel like a noob but... How do you use the custom commands? I use a Dedicated Server for 7DtD and I installed your mod through the Mod Manager. Custom Commands are enabled in the ServerToolsConfig.xml. I've tried to use (For exemple) "Teamspeak", "/Teamspeak" and "!Teamspeak" in both the chat and the console but it seems it doesn't work. BUT, the basic custom commands like "/help", "@admins" are working.

Maybe I've done something wrong but I don't know what I did wrong lol.

Thanks again for the mod!

ChewChew

First, a big "Thank you" for the mod! I was looking for something like this because I didn't like CBSM and you're giving me everything I wanted from CBSM lol.

I really but REALLY feel like a noob but... How do you use the custom commands? I use a Dedicated Server for 7DtD and I installed your mod through the Mod Manager. Custom Commands are enabled in the ServerToolsConfig.xml. I've tried to use (For exemple) "Teamspeak", "/Teamspeak" and "!Teamspeak" in both the chat and the console but it seems it doesn't work. BUT, the basic custom commands like "/help", "@admins" are working.

Maybe I've done something wrong but I don't know what I did wrong lol.

Thanks again for the mod!

ChewChew

Install Mod in the Mods folder.

Start the server.

ServerToolsConfig.xml will be created in root/saves/ServerTools.

Enable CustomCommands in ServerToolsConfig.xml and save/upload updated file.

CustomChatCommands.xml in will be created in root/saves/ServerTools.

Add the custom commands and save/upload updated file.

There are several examples in that file.

Add your own and make sure they are not commented out (Remove these <!-- and these -->).

This will add the command /website which displays http://www.7daystodie.com in the chat window with GREEN text

<Command Command="website" Response ="say "[00FF00]Visit www.7daystodie.com.[-]"" />

Hello,

First of all let me thank you for this great tool. Secondly, i'm wondering if you're planning to add some PvP control features, for people that may be interested in creating safe areas... I've been adapting your code to fit my needs (hope that's ok), but if you have that somehow planned great :)

Finally I'm also auto-deleting invalid stacks when a player is kicked for that reason, and seems to be working alright, I wonder if you ever tested anything similar to make sure I'm not doing something I shouldn't :)

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)