Server Tools

dmustanger

:: STARTING SERVER

echo|set /p="251570" > steam_appid.txt

start 7daystodie -logfile 7DaysToDie_Data\output_log%LOGTIMESTAMP%.txt -quit -batchmode -nographics -configfile=serverconfig.xml -dedicated

echo Starting server ...

timeout 15

is that right? it exists .

no its not starting the dedicated server.

notice "start 7daystodieserver"

talk to your host and have them install the dedicated server build

start 7daystodieserver -logfile 7DaysToDieServer_Data\output_log%LOGTIMESTAMP%.txt -quit -batchmode -nographics -configfile=serverconfig.xml -dedicated

Edited by dmustanger (see edit history)

I really wanna thank you for this tool - amazing.

Thats what i looking for.

One more think - i wanna ask you if its possible to view /gimme in chat in game.

I know theres !gimme but people are used to /gimme if u know what i mean.

! = not visible in chat

/ = visible in chat

(sry for my english)

Edited by HomerSK (see edit history)

uploaded a new version 2.0

****CHANGE LOG****

v2.0

Added Clan tag protection

Added Admin chat commands /mute /unmute @admins @all

Added AlwaysShowResponse to the config for /gimme

Changed day7 to not show the animal count at the moment

Fixed a log error

Fixed phrases not writing the id correctly

Wonderfull (thanks a lot)

May i have one more question?

Where i have errors in code or how i can set code for custom commands when i want use PM and view whole sentence?

<Command Command="rules" Response="pm "[00FF00]{2} [FFFFFF]Test message"" /> <!-- not working at all (with 2 quotation marks) -->
<Command Command="rules" Response="pm  [00FF00]{2} [FFFFFF]Test message" />  <!-- working but see only first word in sentence -->
<Command Command="rules" Response="say [00FF00]{2} [FFFFFF]Test message" />  <!-- working but its "say" so visible for all -->

you need to use "

should look like this

<Command Command="rules" Response="pm "[00FF00]{2} [FFFFFF]Test message"" /> <!-- not working at all (with 2 quotation marks) -->
<Command Command="rules" Response="pm  "[00FF00]{2} [FFFFFF]Test message"" />  <!-- working but see only first word in sentence -->
<Command Command="rules" Response="say "[00FF00]{2} [FFFFFF]Test message"" />  <!-- working but its "say" so visible for all -->

Edited by dmustanger (see edit history)

hmm...like in my 1st row example

i already have there quotation marks before pm after pm and two after message (in this case command dont work at all - i checked it in notepad++ and last two quotations are in red (when i wrote " then after saving xml file " is automatically changed to " (quotation sign :p)

Nope, but never mind.

Maybe my rented server doing it i really dont know.

I understood what you meant by replacing " to " but everytime i hit save button " is automatically changed to "

Interesting is that SAY command works perfect with only two quotations marks ( no need to use " )

Response="say [00FF00]{2} [FFFFFF]Test message" - working perfect whole sentence is visible

Response="pm [00FF00]{2} [FFFFFF]Test message" - will see only first word TEST in game

Response="pm "[00FF00]{2} [FFFFFF]Test message"" - server automatically after saving xml file rewrite " to " and command dont work at all.

Simply everytime i wrote " than after save its automatically rewrited to "

But never mind as i said...i will use say command.

Thank you for your time and help, really like your "tool"

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to version 2.1

****CHANGE LOG****

v2.1

Added /clancommands to /help so players can see what commands are available to them

Added /clanleave so players can leave the clan

Added chat command /pm or /w for players to pm other players

Added clan tag strings and admin chat command strings to the phrases xml (Must delete the xml.)

Changed /day7 Animal counts are now correct and added more infos to the output

Fixed xml error in clansdata.xml

Cleaned up the phrases xml (Must delete the xml.)

Clan members can be removed while offline using a steamid

Removed a unused string from InvalidItems

Id like to comment on this Server tool. I like the idea and i think you have a great start and outline. Love the chat logs, and the kick/ban for spawned only items/blocks. But i do have some issues id like to see if you can add...

Clans - At first i was excited, then i was not. The clan as far as i tested does nothing for game play. Nor can i see anyone in the clan, nor does it matter if im in one. Maybe you can make the clans useful by adding maybe a /clan whois to see who is in the clan ur in. Also maybe a /c <message> for only clan members to see your messages. Based on what i saw already within the Server Tool, i think this is possible. We need the clan system to be a useful addon. As of now i dont see the point of using it.

Home - The /home command works other then it teleports you underground. I think maybe adding a variable that add +1 - +3 to the height. your choice, would fix this issue.

create custom trigger messages - Something is wrong here because, i put 3 messages and with a trigger and only the first worked the rest never did.

Auto messages - I would also like to see a settable time for each individual commands that we make.

Admin speak to all - i think it would be nice to have the admins name next to the message he send through the server. This help other admins know the source of the message.

commands - i would like to say with the /commands and /help - i think you should use a @ instead of the slash because other managers use the slashes and having /commands and /help that cant be modified is kinda a turn off, because my manager uses them.

Overall you have a good start, keep going with this.

Edited by DieTillDay7 (see edit history)

Clans - At first i was excited, then i was not. The clan as far as i tested does nothing for game play. Nor can i see anyone in the clan, nor does it matter if im in one. Maybe you can make the clans useful by adding maybe a /clan whois to see who is in the clan ur in. Also maybe a /c <message> for only clan members to see your messages. Based on what i saw already within the Server Tool, i think this is possible. We need the clan system to be a useful addon. As of now i dont see the point of using it.

I didn't really plan to add this. The only reason I did was because we had a few clans on our server coping each other clan tags and causing a bunch issues. But as I was writing the code I realized it could be more of a manager then just tag protection. However I still needed to get the basic clan member stuff done and truthfully I am not happy with it at the moment and will probably rewrite it to use some kind of database vs the sloppy xmls I have at the moment. I already planned to add clan chat, join request, clan list and a few other things.

Home - The /home command works other then it teleports you underground. I think maybe adding a variable that add +1 - +3 to the height. your choice, would fix this issue.

This is a issue with the game and will be fixed in alpha 13

create custom trigger messages - Something is wrong here because, i put 3 messages and with a trigger and only the first worked the rest never did.

At the moment this is working as intended as C# dictionaries can only have one key. I have yet to come up with a work around for this

Auto messages - I would also like to see a settable time for each individual commands that we make.

This should be possible

Admin speak to all - i think it would be nice to have the admins name next to the message he send through the server. This help other admins know the source of the message.

Good point, will add the name

commands - i would like to say with the /commands and /help - i think you should use a @ instead of the slash because other managers use the slashes and having /commands and /help that cant be modified is kinda a turn off, because my manager uses them.

I should be able to add them to the config so that they can be changed

thank you for taking the time to answer those for me. i am impressed with what you have. i thin kthe clan system will be a big hit if you can add some features as you and i have said.

Forgot to add.. The teleport you have can be fixed by just add +3 to the height thats set. This will give u a edge of other systems that use this command

Edited by DieTillDay7 (see edit history)

Forgot to add.. The teleport you have can be fixed by just add +3 to the height thats set. This will give u a edge of other systems that use this command

It's not that easy. I've tried this on my server. You're not falling into the void because you clip through the ground, it's because of the time it takes for the chunks to load on your client. Even if someone else has the same chunks loaded on the server.

My old solution? I used to have a safe fall shaft that goes from bedrock up to near* build limit. I start by finding a spot to dig a 3x3 shaft to bedrock. I then place a 3x3 pad of hay at bedrock. In the center of the hay, I jump and place a frame under me at the same time. I repeat this until I have used ~230 frames. At the top I use the /sethome command. Once home is set, I remove the frames. When I hit /home, I only see the void and start falling. DO NOT MOVE while falling. I usually don't see the chunks load until right before I hit the hay. The time it takes to fall ~230 blocks is enough time for the chunks to load and land safely. I then have a separate custom command to teleport to my crafting room. It's ok to tp up there once the chunks are loaded. If you're not the admin or on a PVP server, you could dig a ramp or a separate ladder shaft to get back up to your base.

*DO NOT go past the build limit of 255 (I think). You'll get null errors galore. It was a pain to get out of. :playful:

Now, with dmustanger's server tools, I only have to wait ~10-15 seconds and hit /home again to get out of the void. Other server manager's force you to wait 1 minute. You'll have to set /home timeout to 0 in the config file. It is 1 minute by default IIRC.

Alloc has said that this will be fixed in A13.

Edited by schwanz9000
I type good. (see edit history)

• 1 month later...