Server Tools

dmustanger

Fixed Using /home will always spawn you at the highest point. thanks schwanz9000

No problem. Glad I could help! I did have to bug the crap out of Alloc to figure it out though. :highly_amused:

I've had my version running for a few hours now. Boy! What a pain in the a$$ that was to get everything working again, huh? :D

I'll have to compare your additions to what I've got and post my version on github for you to look at if you'd like.

My additional features:

Teleport to a previous spot

/setreturn /delreturn /return commands

Arena setup commands

/setsite /delsite /allsitedel - sets/deletes zombie spawn sites

/listsites - displays all of the sites currently setup

/spawn - starts a wave of zombies to randomly spawn at the given spawn sites every 2 seconds

Coming Soon:

Enhanced Quests for epic loot. Want a 15 round sniper rifle? Well, you're gonna have to fight for it! A custom quest instructs the player to go to an "Abandoned Military Bunker" (custom built prefab setup by hand. tells the player to go to map coords). Once there, the player has to find an item. That item will then instruct the player to use /quest1 command. This will start a wave of zombies to spawn in the various rooms of the bunker so the player has to fight their way out.

Alrighty. Trying to figure out what I have going wrong.

I stopped my server.

Removed the config folder for this mod.

Updated both Alloc's and this MOD.

Started server so it would generate the config files.

Stopped the server again to edit files.

Restarted servers.

Presently commands still not working.

Below is the config file. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ServerTools>
   <Tools>
       <Tool Name="CustomCommands" Enable="True" ChatColor="[00FF00]" />
       <Tool Name="Killme" Enable="False" DelayBetweenKillmeUses="60" />
       <Tool Name="Gimme" Enable="False" DelayBetweenGimmeUses="60" AlwaysShowResponse="False" />
       <Tool Name="SetHome" Enable="True" DelayBetweenSetHomeUses="15" />
       <Tool Name="HighPingKicker" Enable="False" Maxping="250" SamplesNeeded="0" />
       <Tool Name="InvalidItemKicker" Enable="False" Ban="True" />
       <Tool Name="AnnounceInvalidItemStack" Enable="False" />
       <Tool Name="ChatLogger" Enable="False" />
       <Tool Name="BadWordFilter" Enable="False" />
       <Tool Name="InfoTicker" Enable="False" DelayBetweenMessages="5" />
       <Tool Name="Motd" Enable="False" />
       <Tool Name="AutoSaveWorld" Enable="True" DelayBetweenWorldSaves="10" />
       <Tool Name="ClanManager" Enable="False" />
       <Tool Name="AdminChatCommands" Enable="False" PermissionLevelForMute="0" />
   </Tools>
</ServerTools>

When using the commands they just sent a chat command that all can see. No command response from the server.

DMustaner,

Thanks for the response.

I deleted all the files and folder in: /data/worlds/servertools/

And it generated the config I showed above.

This may be an issue with my server provider. They have an automated update / install for this mod.

Server provider is Lowlatencyservers.

The update page points references this thread as below:

Server Tools 2.2

https://github.com/dmustanger/7dtd-ServerTools/releases

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32862-Server-Tools

Is it possible they are pointing to an old github, and I need to notify them to update?

I have no way of updated the dll except through their update tool.

Thanks again.

Hi, there!

I want to share an idea. I think everyone will be happy who wants to push some informations to own site.

So possible to have a function which will save all public server and player informations to file and update it recently?

Public server informations will be almost same as serverconfig.xml, all public settings with values, but not no passwords.

Players informations will be names, levels, player kills, zombie kills, deaths and scores. I know those informations are shared by Alloc Server Fixes, but it needs php connection and missing server informations, so it is not full.

The update time for the file can be set in config. And if we have this file we can build a site to publish scoreboard on web.

If you want I can send a for examle file, it is from another type of gameserver.

Regards

rocco

Edited by rocco (see edit history)

I worked/interacted with lowlatency back in November when I had a rental with them. I had them add the servertools mod as you cannot manually update allocs or any mod on their server (has to be pushed by them). Problem is that everytime there was an update to servertools I had to message them to update the link accordingly. I have since moved on to BF but you will need to message them to update the link everytime there is an update.

DMustaner,

Thanks for the response.

I deleted all the files and folder in: /data/worlds/servertools/

And it generated the config I showed above.

This may be an issue with my server provider. They have an automated update / install for this mod.

Server provider is Lowlatencyservers.

The update page points references this thread as below:

Server Tools 2.2

https://github.com/dmustanger/7dtd-ServerTools/releases

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32862-Server-Tools

Is it possible they are pointing to an old github, and I need to notify them to update?

I have no way of updated the dll except through their update tool.

Thanks again.

so have so much crashes with gimme feature.. i turned it off atm

/mute is also broken

it seems any command used with ! instead of / is crashing the server, im currently looking for a fix atm.

i do have /mute fixed and /sethome fixed as it was not saving the data

once i find a fix for the crashes i will be making another release.

it seems any command used with ! instead of / is crashing the server, im currently looking for a fix atm.

i do have /mute fixed and /sethome fixed as it was not saving the data

once i find a fix for the crashes i will be making another release.

The problem is in Hook.cs. I was able to fix my version by replacing all instances of _playerName to "Server". We don't use announce, so having the actual player name is not an issue.

GameManager.Instance.GameMessageServer(_cInfo, EnumGameMessages.Chat, string.Format("/{0}", _message), _playerName, false, "", false);

I just installed this one.. version 3.0.

I can't get /home /sethome and /delhome to work. also can't find it in any info in the config files.

Same here, I guess it's normal because the update was pushed quickly to fix the chat capture bug. The only thing missing to get ppl happy.

I love the way its merged into the game files and running smoothly.

+1 !

EDIT: I saw that on the website about version 3.0

/home /sethome /delhome with adjustable timer for /home via config.

Maybe it's just missing the line to set it True of False.

Edited by da_ruinator (see edit history)

Just to make sure, have you guys setup the config file?

Install Mod in the Mods folder.

Start the server.

ServerToolsConfig.xml will be created in root/saves/ServerTools.

Enable the commands you want to True in ServerToolsConfig.xml and save/upload updated file.

If you had the mod before 3.0, you have to delete all of the config files so that it will make the new ones.

Just to make sure, have you guys setup the config file?

Install Mod in the Mods folder.

Start the server.

ServerToolsConfig.xml will be created in root/saves/ServerTools.

Enable the commands you want to True in ServerToolsConfig.xml and save/upload updated file.

If you had the mod before 3.0, you have to delete all of the config files so that it will make the new ones.

Yup did a clean install removing old Mod folder and files in the save. Here's what my config look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ServerTools>

<Tools>

<Tool Name="AdminChatCommands" Enable="False" PermissionLevelForMute="0" />

<Tool Name="AnnounceInvalidItemStack" Enable="True" />

<Tool Name="AutoSaveWorld" Enable="False" DelayBetweenWorldSaves="15" />

<Tool Name="BadWordFilter" Enable="False" />

<Tool Name="ChatFloodProtection" Enable="False" />

<Tool Name="ChatLogger" Enable="False" />

<Tool Name="ClanManager" Enable="False" />

<Tool Name="CustomCommands" Enable="True" ChatColor="[00FF00]" />

<Tool Name="Day7" Enable="True" />

<Tool Name="Gimme" Enable="True" DelayBetweenGimmeUses="60" AlwaysShowResponse="False" />

<Tool Name="HighPingKicker" Enable="True" Maxping="200" SamplesNeeded="0" />

<Tool Name="InfoTicker" Enable="True" DelayBetweenMessages="5" />

<Tool Name="InvalidItemKicker" Enable="False" Ban="True" />

<Tool Name="Killme" Enable="False" DelayBetweenKillmeUses="60" />

<Tool Name="Motd" Enable="True" Message=" **my message*" />

</Tools>

</ServerTools>

Do you have /home feature shown in the config? All other features are working good.

Edited by da_ruinator (see edit history)

Dmustanger do you have any interest in a collaboration work? For times such as this when any of your code dependencies change and your program stops working, it might be nice to have some additional support to assist with getting the train back on the tracks. Also two more hands might make creating future enhancement request available faster. I was talking to Pionner who has a telnet server manager about the possibilities of working together when I stumbled across your code. He has his open source as well, and again kudos to you both for making the source available. I completely respect that. What I like about your direction, is NOT using telnet and being able to close off that port. I believe this is a superior approach for dedicated server management tools. As an information architect, I have been providing database design & software engineering professionally for about 20 years. If you have any interest in starting a team effort to create, enhance, & maintain 7DTD server tools please know that both Pionner and myself are interested in starting a team effort. While I do work full time, I love this game and tinkering is a hobby so I would be willing to invest some of my spare time in working together. Please feel free to contact me anytime www.WyzeWildfire.com

I would just like to say a big thank you to dmustanger for releasing this mod. With the slow demise of FRT this has helped me to restore control over the server.

I surely hope using a mod to control the server rather than telnet can be devoloped further with more intergrated features

Keep up the good work

Oddy

updated mod to 3.1

****CHANGE LOG****

Fixed Custom cammands no longer crash the server

Fixed /mute, was not muting players

Fixed /sethome not saving data correct

Fixed /day7 no longer requires custom commands to be enabled to work