V1.1 b14 Stable

9 hours ago, Riamus said:

Make sure that if you're using mods, you update them.  Many mods needed updates for 1.1.  Reverting might not work if you don't have a backup of your save because loading it into 1.1 may create problems that will persist if you load it back into 1.0.

No mods, just plain vanilla.   I get the feeling that starting a new game is the way to go unfortunately.

Ok, i've just had another update of 5.22gb on Xbox - was actually playing the game at the time and the game force-closed and gave me the update message........ never had that happen before in my 10+ years of being an xbox player. Not seeing patch notes...... hotfix i guess...... for what? 

16 hours ago, Kanawolf said:

So if you have a 1.0 B336 server, that then gets updated to 1.1 b14 should it work without restarting a new game?   We updated our clients, and the server was also updated.  Logged in got a bunch of log errors, then once in game,  there was a grey box in upper right corner with jumbled white letters you couldn't read, and 'ESC' did not take you to a menu for logging out or options, it just brought up the console/log screen.   Same with F1.

I assume its because its a 1.0 game with mixed 1.1 files, and the 1.1 client doesn't know what is going on.   

What if the server gets reverted back to 1.0 that should fix the problem?

My family and I have a vanilla save game from 1.0 experimental on a dedicated server still working fine with the new 1.1 stable.  If you are able to post your output log, it might be worth it to post a bug report to see if your save can be recovered.

although the experimental fixed many of the V1.0 stable issues, I am still seeing 2 main issues that I cannot seem to figure out the problem with V1.1 stable that carried over from the experimental 1.1. One is when a player joins and the server shows "unknown" for player id and name and will then 'hang'. Existing players realize this when their 'e' button no longer works. The server logs show nothing other than a person joining it was unable to identify. Not sure if perhaps it was already 'hung' when someone tried joining and thus unable to identify their id or if this random action caused the server to hang. It does not happen anytime a player joins, just random. I am unable to shut down the server unless I use the task manager. The server logs only shows when I attempted to click 'X' to exit on the server window, by reporting server shutdown via terminal, but it was really forced shut by task manager.

The other issue that causes a semi crash (meaning it does not crash and close to desktop, the console window remains open showing the error, which it states  "EXC Out of memory"

Task manager shows memory at around 35% and my page file memory has a limit of 24gb. I see no memory issues with Page file or system so not sure what "out of memory" it's referring to. These two crashes can occur with as few as 4 players and as many as 25 players. Sometimes the server can run through four 3 hour sessions and other times it can crash several times in one session.

I tried to report this issue but your page only shows reporting issues for V1.0.  This is V1.1 .  Please advise if perhaps there is something on my end I can try or if this is a known issue as i have seen other server owners reporting similar problems with V1.1.

Yes i do run a few simple mods which have never been a concern on past releases and nothing in the logs refers to anything mod related from what I can understand. (which isn't a great deal)

thank you in advance for any help you can afford me or at least advise if others are reporting similar experiences.

On 10/2/2024 at 10:25 AM, Rooster Gold said:

"Updated value on Grandpas Awesome Sauce"

Only the sale price went up to 1000 from 100.

The crafting cost & buying price have not been reduced.

It cost 1500 dukes from the Vending Machine.

Compared to Sugar Butts 300 dukes with the same affect at 10% bartering.

Is this intended?

that 1500 dukes is for 20% discount i believe, not 10% you're mentioning

I can finally understand why people think zombies have extendo-arms. When playing peer to peer with friends, I've always been the host. And I've only played on a dedicated server twice before tonight. And things were real weird on those servers. Zombies would be suspended in mid air until you walked over and hit them.

Tonight my friend rented a server in Dallas; I'm on the west coast, he's on the east coast. The other night I played peer to peer with him as the host. In both instances I was getting hit by zombies from considerably farther away than when I am the host. It makes sense that there would be some desync if both the zombie and I are moving. But even with them held back by a hatch, where both our positions weren't changing, I was still getting hit from a big distance. 

Also, there're weird bugs. Half the zombies would have their head tilted to the side and looking up as they'd chase me. One zombie fell out of a dresser and started sliding towards me as they were still laying on the floor and hit me with no animation.

Is this something that can be improved with further networking adjustments to the game, or is it something that has reached it's best possible performance and could be improved in the sequel?

On 10/3/2024 at 1:38 AM, CinnamonBruh507 said:

Auger/Chainsaw buff is huge, keep up the great work guys ❤️

Not as huge as you think, IMO steel pick is still superior.

If it was +20% overall harvest, then it would be a different story.
I would have preferred if their base damage was buffed instead.

57 minutes ago, Arez said:

I can finally understand why people think zombies have extendo-arms.

I get hit from far away a lot in single player. I've concluded it happens because you're running away from them. In a few instances, I've managed to turn around and face the zombie in question only milliseconds after they've hit me from about 3 metres away. Extremely frustrating!
I've given up on the issue ever being addressed and had to deal with zombies hitting me through solid doors and thin walls.
The hugging attack animation and when they are crouching are by far the biggest offenders for giving them more range

57 minutes ago, FranticDan said:

I get hit from far away a lot in single player.

I have yet to get hit from an unacceptable distance in single player regardless of what speed the zombies are set to. I am very sensitive to fishy behavior and I have hundreds of hours of gameplay footage recorded for me to check through. The last time I had to check something was when I thought I got hit by a phantom punch (taking damage with no zombie animation), but it turned out there was a swinging animation that I missed because it was low profile, fast and I was in the process of turning around. 

I don't know enough about the technical end of games to be sure, but I suspect something in your system is causing the zombie's colliders to become out of sync with the models, similar to how it happens with server latency.

It seems clear that the game does not handle latency very well.

It does appear that the player's hits are client side because shooting moving targets at a distance looked and felt the same. If only the zombies hitting the player worked similar to that.

8 minutes ago, Arez said:

I have yet to get hit from an unacceptable distance in single player regardless of what speed the zombies are set to. I am very sensitive to fishy behavior and I have hundreds of hours of gameplay footage recorded for me to check through. The last time I had to check something was when I thought I got hit by a phantom punch (taking damage with no zombie animation), but it turned out there was a swinging animation that I missed because it was low profile, fast and I was in the process of turning around. 

I don't know enough about the technical end of games to be sure, but I suspect something in your system is causing the zombie's colliders to become out of sync with the models, similar to how it happens with server latency.

It seems clear that the game does not handle latency very well.

It does appear that the player's hits are client side because shooting moving targets at a distance looked and felt the same. If only the zombies hitting the player worked similar to that.

It happens to me pretty much every stream. Their reach is fine as long as you don't run away, they'll swing while close to you as you back peddle and miss, but as soon as you run away that's when they'll sometimes get a cheap hit on the player. I've been hit while sprinting down the stairs, through a solid wall or railing, and the zombie is still up stairs.

The whole no animation is due to the player constantly hitting the zombie beyond the 100% pain resist, so it hits the player without swinging, or even mid pain animation like while they hold their face or hip, they'll still hit you anyway.

Yesterday, so many of my arrows went through their face, extremely frustrating, it's barely worth using the bow, the risk outweighs the reward, if the arrow phases through them, you get hit.

1 hour ago, HB_H4wk said:

No Updated Gracie Model?  Still hoping for a Zombie Deer, I mean there's zombie vultures and bears and dogs...

All carnivores. I recognise a pattern which animals become zombies.

3 hours ago, HB_H4wk said:

No Updated Gracie Model?  Still hoping for a Zombie Deer, I mean there's zombie vultures and bears and dogs...

I think it's fine the way it is right now.

We have 2 Dear models, don't need another one. We don't have a Zombie Chicken, Rabbit, Coyote, Boar or Wolf. There's Grace (not Gracie), but she's a Mutated Boar and not a Zombie Boar. We only have a Zombie Vulture and Dog, no "alive" models. The Dire Wolf now looks more like a mutation since a Dire Wolf is just a bigger version of a Wolf (to me, it should now be called a Werewolf and not a Dire Wolf). A Pig is also coming (unclear if it replaces the Boar or is an addition... I hope they also keep the Boar).

can we get a toggle to turn off quick select please. just disabling the key it uses to switch doesnt work.

I am constantly switching away from my bow to the last used item in the middle of combat.

I figured out today that if you move the mouse quickly while holding down a movement key then the quick select is triggered and your item you are using changes.

My bow is always in slot 2. i have just had a zombie fight and now i am switching between slots 6 and 7!!!

i tried to search if this was a known issue but couldnt find anything.

On 10/5/2024 at 2:58 AM, spud42 said:

can we get a toggle to turn off quick select please. just disabling the key it uses to switch doesnt work.

I am constantly switching away from my bow to the last used item in the middle of combat.

I figured out today that if you move the mouse quickly while holding down a movement key then the quick select is triggered and your item you are using changes.

My bow is always in slot 2. i have just had a zombie fight and now i am switching between slots 6 and 7!!!

i tried to search if this was a known issue but couldnt find anything.

Can you change the quick swap button to something that you won't accidentally hit?  I don't ever use it and haven't ever accidentally triggered it, so I don't know if that would work for you or not.

i have set it to no key. there is not a way to accidentilly trigger it. It was also triggering while it was set to the default key. 

I can consistently trigger the slot swap by holding the movement keys down and tryong to use the mouse to quickly turn or back up.. 

Stealth changes review

After playing this release for about 15-20 hours, I concluded that the stealth "balance" was a nerf.

Before we had god mode assassin armor, so any changes to that is of course a nerf.

1 hour ago, fragtzack said:

Stealth changes review

After playing this release for about 15-20 hours, I concluded that the stealth "balance" was a nerf.

Before we had god mode assassin armor, so any changes to that is of course a nerf.

Is it a bad nerf though? Serious question, as my group and I haven't gotten to max level armor yet, and don't know how good the rank 6 Assassin armor is yet.

11 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

Is it a bad nerf though? Serious question, as my group and I haven't gotten to max level armor yet, and don't know how good the rank 6 Assassin armor is yet.

The nerf is not bad, you can still do good in a stealth build. 

The assassin armor before was over power god mode. Honestly don't think the Pimps ever really seriously play tested Assassin armor for gold 1.0 release.  Tier 6 Assassin armor especially was OP in 1.0 release. In assassin armor 1.0 release, you could break stealth but stay crouched and the enemies would immediately lose track and lose agro of you even if they were on top of you.  Now, you need to get away from the enemies and actually hide in a shadow to stop them from finding you. No more god mode with 1.1

Sneaking seems easier now with 1.1  assassin armor, just no more instant hide from agro like 1.0 allowed.

5 hours ago, spud42 said:

i have set it to no key. there is not a way to accidentilly trigger it. It was also triggering while it was set to the default key. 

I can consistently trigger the slot swap by holding the movement keys down and tryong to use the mouse to quickly turn or back up.. 

That is odd.  I haven't ever even checked to see the quick swap key for this game and haven't ever used it or accidentally triggered it.  I wonder why it's different for you.  The only thing I have accidentally triggered a couple times is the mouse wheel swapping of items, which has been in the game a long time.  Are you using WASD or arrows to move?  It shouldn't really matter, but maybe it does.  I'm using WASD.  And has it just started being a problem in 1.1 or has it been a problem since the quick swap was added in 1.0?

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

4 hours ago, fragtzack said:

The nerf is not bad, you can still do good in a stealth build. 

The assassin armor before was over power god mode. Honestly don't think the Pimps ever really seriously play tested Assassin armor for gold 1.0 release.  Tier 6 Assassin armor especially was OP in 1.0 release. In assassin armor 1.0 release, you could break stealth but stay crouched and the enemies would immediately lose track and lose agro of you even if they were on top of you.  Now, you need to get away from the enemies and actually hide in a shadow to stop them from finding you. No more god mode with 1.1

Sneaking seems easier now with 1.1  assassin armor, just no more instant hide from agro like 1.0 allowed.

Correct, here is a post from Faatal clarifying the stealth changes.

5 hours ago, Old Crow said:

I need to play it more, but my early impression was stealth is still viable, sometimes inconveniently so. Maybe a touch too much, maybe a touch too little, so maybe just right? Among the encounters with a large number of high level zombies I could still ditch a triggered/attack volume mass but a few zombies might stay tracking. Once you attack from stealth, you're likely to need to wait a while to follow up for another stealth attack. You may find some zombies lose track of you but remain aware enough to your presence to deny you a stealth bonus against them. Overall, nerf or not, they got closer to some balance. Perfect? I'm not ready to say.

29 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Correct, here is a post from Faatal clarifying the stealth changes.

It is informative, though I've not looked to see if any of the changes can be quantified. When y'all talk of detection ranges, I wonder if obstacles and barriers have any effect. I wonder if player actions might be perhaps more of an influence, such as interactions with objects, destruction of objects, or even stepping on trash.

One last note, @stallionsden had me play through one of his extreme challenge POIs and I switched to stealth play (V1.1) after it became clear what I was up against. I know he had minscripts involved and he wasn't entirely sure how that was going to affect completing a quest when I'd trigger one of those scripts and then fled and re-engaged stealth to work on the stragglers. Some Zs reset and he wasn't sure the minscript would ever trigger again.

Personally, I don't typically undertake a quest of a high level POI because I don't like being restricted to the POI's footprint. I want to be able to take stuff back to base, flee to adjoining properties, deal with wandering hordes ... or even just quit playing and come back later. Those larger POIs come with a significant time investment when I want to solo-stealth them well.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)