Anyone found Quad pocket mod schems?

They must be stupid rare.  My group is only Day 120something, our levels range from 80-100, and we're living exclusively in the wasteland.  We've each got 1 quad pocket mod from one of the Challenges.  None of us have ever found one on a vendor, and never seen the schematic at all.

Has anyone found the schem, and if so, what type of container or was it at a vendor, or what?

I didn´t even find any pocket mod schematic so far on day 16. And thanks to those annoying magazines i do loot containers that have recipes in the pool a LOT. No matter the version they always put in a reason so that you can´t avoid strength. It´s tiring. That plus the magazines. It´s time to unintall and not have the game installed for the first time in 10 years. Then wait for the game to grow into an actual 1.0 version and 1.0 not just beeing a label. Then wait for mods to fix the game. We might come back if the mods are good.

4 hours ago, stample said:

They must be stupid rare.  My group is only Day 120something, our levels range from 80-100, and we're living exclusively in the wasteland.  We've each got 1 quad pocket mod from one of the Challenges.  None of us have ever found one on a vendor, and never seen the schematic at all.

Has anyone found the schem, and if so, what type of container or was it at a vendor, or what?

Yeah, I have only one that I got either from a quest, air drop, or challenge.  I don't remember.  But the only schematic I've found (multiple times) was the 1 pocket version.  I haven't seen 2, 3, or 4 pocket schematics yet.  They are really too rare, imo.  Then again, it could just be bad RNG and my next game could find me a bunch of those schematics.

I'm on day 109 or so, I found one quad pocket mod for sale and bought it early in the run. Nothing since. Found schematics for 1,2 and 3 versions (or possibly a reward). It does help that you can stack different sizes, unless that's a "bug" that'll get fixed.

Edited by seven (see edit history)

11 hours ago, seven said:

I'm on day 109 or so, I found one quad pocket mod for sale and bought it early in the run. Nothing since. Found schematics for 1,2 and 3 versions (or possibly a reward). It does help that you can stack different sizes, unless that's a "bug" that'll get fixed.

It's not a bug, it is specifically mentioned in the item description that you can combine two different pocket mods (as long as they are different sizes) on the same armor piece.

9 minutes ago, 8_Hussars said:

Currently on Day 55ish.  Found the schematic, yea!

Guess what?  It needs a legendary part to craft it.

I even find Legendary Parts in a trash bin so no problemo.

23 hours ago, TWORDY said:

I even find Legendary Parts in a trash bin so no problemo.

You can find almost anything in a trash can. The only question is the chances.

Posted (edited)

You won't get it for a quest reward.  One of the challenge rewards offers the mod itself.  I think it was the Cops one?  I remember that one had a really good set of options.

Edit: Correction, its from the Kill Tourists challenge.

Edited by stample (see edit history)

After 82 days of looting every book store, mailbox, news stand and newspaper dispenser I came across, I have come to the conclusion that the schematics for the Quad Pocket Mod is a mere myth. A story that survivors tell each other around the campfire when they returned home heavily burdened from an adventure.

So, I was wrong in my earlier post saying I bought a quad pocket mod. It was actually the challenge reward for the kill the tourists. And unless I'm wrong, that is the only way to get the mod. It's not in loot, or for sale at traders. The only way to get more quad pockets is to find the schematic in loot. Which is a very rare find, and only at higher loot levels.

I find very little to like about the new armor system.

3 hours ago, RipClaw said:

After 82 days of looting every book store, mailbox, news stand and newspaper dispenser I came across, I have come to the conclusion that the schematics for the Quad Pocket Mod is a mere myth. A story that survivors tell each other around the campfire when they returned home heavily burdened from an adventure.

2 hours ago, seven said:

So, I was wrong in my earlier post saying I bought a quad pocket mod. It was actually the challenge reward for the kill the tourists. And unless I'm wrong, that is the only way to get the mod. It's not in loot, or for sale at traders. The only way to get more quad pockets is to find the schematic in loot. Which is a very rare find, and only at higher loot levels.

I find very little to like about the new armor system.

I'm not sure.  The person I play the game with said he got the schematic on his solo game.  Unless he is mistaken, it should be possible.  But I've never found any schematic other than 1 pocket in my game or our MP game.

Finding the schematic is possible, it's just really rare, and impossible below loot stage 80 or maybe 100, I'd have to look in the xml again. Anyway, not anywhere near as common as 1, 2 and 3 pocket schematics which I've found multiples of.

6 hours ago, Riamus said:

I'm not sure.  The person I play the game with said he got the schematic on his solo game.  Unless he is mistaken, it should be possible.  But I've never found any schematic other than 1 pocket in my game or our MP game.

It is certainly possible but the loot table is so cluttered with magazines and books that it is hard to find any schematic. Especially if the schematic already has only a low chance to drop. You must be very lucky to find it.

On 7/16/2024 at 1:53 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

I didn´t even find any pocket mod schematic so far on day 16. And thanks to those annoying magazines i do loot containers that have recipes in the pool a LOT. No matter the version they always put in a reason so that you can´t avoid strength. It´s tiring. That plus the magazines. It´s time to unintall and not have the game installed for the first time in 10 years. Then wait for the game to grow into an actual 1.0 version and 1.0 not just beeing a label. Then wait for mods to fix the game. We might come back if the mods are good.

The suspension was killing me. Thanks for letting "us" know your plan! I WILL sleep better tonight.

28 minutes ago, Euzio said:

No luck with the quad mod schematic. The only pocket schematic i've gotten so far was bought off a trader and that was just the double. 

The funny thing is that I now have all the magazines, most of the books and all the mod schematics except for the Quad Pocket Mod. It is the unicorn among the schematics.

• 3 weeks later...

285 days in, max level, with all the looting bonuses I could find. have cleared several tier 6 POIs in the wasteland including the crack-a-book HQ multiple times. No quad pocket mod schematic.

I'm legit wondering if my game is bugged or if I'm just the unluckiest bloke ever. Please, make the hurting stop.

I found it in my current run, I don't remember when or where.

Day 22, level 59, probably got it in the wasteland.

Glad I dropped in here though, I didn't know they stacked, gives my preacher gloves 2 empty slots something to be good for.

Oh, how about the vehicle armor mod? Has anyone found that?

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

The schematic is extremely rare.  I've never seen it, though I haven't really put in a ton of hours in 1.0 -- maybe around a hundred.  The person I play the game with said they got one once.  But even the other pocket schematics seem rare now, too.  I just today finally found my first 3 pocket schematic since 1.0 came out.  Thankfully these pockets stack (if they are different sizes), so I have no issue removing all encumbrance slots.