Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

4 hours ago, DocRussel said:

Yes.  I play with the HP bar revealed, this is from B312 horde night

Pic1.thumb.PNG.7b14ba458301a241deacde41a47b6d3f.PNG

YES! tell me if they added the muties

Also POV: YOUR THE LAST PRINGLE IN THE CAN

3 hours ago, TWORDY said:

I am starting to believe that the HP of stronger zombies needs to be toned down a little bit. A friend of mine encountered Dire Wolf and he did not last long without any buffs on his pistol. We are playing on Warrior with 300% XP rate. Feels insanely hard cuz enemies are top of the top and we run with medicore guns and armor without many mods.

I am getting outpaced by enemies with gamestage 65, and we are receiving gear based on trader mission progression. 

POI lvl 3 and we encountered half of the enemies as radiated and feral. On top of that pretty much I had no meds and my golden lvl 2 AK broke down. I was running around the house punching zombies and hoping for my 3 other mates to clear the premises. Screamer had to join the party also. I never had for a long time such a demanding game, especially in lvl 3 POI. The game is fun as hell and truly shines with more ppl in the party. It is getting mental with an astronomical amount of XP and lack of proper gear. 

Newcomers probably set XP 300% gain rate as it was stated on the forums and hope for easier games 🤣 

The Dire wolf health is a bit much. Maybe the 2k would be for a radioactive one. Now that would be baller 

*cough cough radioactive zombie animals* 

Radioactivedirewolf.jpg.90648d7742695f1cb7551cf0616b2f24.jpg

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Doomofman said:

Anyone else getting major stutter just when walking around? Check out this frame graph. This is just when moving, standing still is perfectly fine

Edit: Just to say I was supposedly getting 80+fps here

image.thumb.png.d456513422740f5df1e140c170bfaa69.png

I've been getting this in my limited time in 1.0. It reminded me of the E-core issues I was having in Star Citizen recently. SC would just hang for like 5+ seconds though, where 7Days would just go from <5fps to 90fps over and over. Would eventually smooth out but no idea what's causing it.

7 hours ago, TWORDY said:

I am starting to believe that the HP of stronger zombies needs to be toned down a little bit. A friend of mine encountered Dire Wolf and he did not last long without any buffs on his pistol. We are playing on Warrior with 300% XP rate. Feels insanely hard cuz enemies are top of the top and we run with medicore guns and armor without many mods.

I am getting outpaced by enemies with gamestage 65, and we are receiving gear based on trader mission progression. 

POI lvl 3 and we encountered half of the enemies as radiated and feral. On top of that pretty much I had no meds and my golden lvl 2 AK broke down. I was running around the house punching zombies and hoping for my 3 other mates to clear the premises. Screamer had to join the party also. I never had for a long time such a demanding game, especially in lvl 3 POI. The game is fun as hell and truly shines with more ppl in the party. It is getting mental with an astronomical amount of XP and lack of proper gear. 

Newcomers probably set XP 300% gain rate as it was stated on the forums and hope for easier games 🤣 

you basically told the machine to give you harder monsters faster. warrior level gives the zeds a lot more hp. adjusting that level up is telling the machine you want them that way. by giving 300% xp, you are rocketing your game stage up to ferals and irradiated sooner because you are leveling up faster, true you get your perks faster, but also are increasing the gamestage at a rate far faster than you are able to get the loot for those gamestages.

you want to lower the hp of zeds, drop to nomad. you want gear advancement to match zombie advancement, drop your xp bonus.

15 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Sure if its about POIs fire away haha.  Speaking of POIs, I just finished making a small countrytown book store since all of our other questable book stores are only in the larger towns / cities.  Should hopefully make it into the next update.

@Laz Man In my current SP game I stayed in the forest until day 19 and now I have too few weapon parts in general. Could be random bad luck or simply missing small weapon shops as well. Or an incentive for the player to go into other biomes.

10 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Also POV: YOUR THE LAST PRINGLE IN THE CAN

Reminds me of all those pictures of cats where they're looking at you from behind a table and you can only see their eyes LOL

The new Dire Wolf is genuinely terrifying btw, as if I already wasn't terrified of them before! Between that, the zombie health buffs and the new hazmat sound this game is definitely turning back into its survival and also horror roots big time.

The new POIs look and feel great, too. I'm having a lot of fun (even with the stability issues) renovating POIs to live in now... kind of crazy where once I would place down POIs I liked in order to live in them, now I'm perfectly fine rebuilding an already half-demolished one. Currently rebuilding the brick remnant connected to the one Jerry's Fill pass n gas and it's looking real nice.

The only issues I'm having are probably skill ones, and that's that I'm having trouble hitting zombies in the head even with the crosshair on them with the pipe baton and spear (one playthrough was on first exp, second is on the b312/313 version). Again it's probably just a skill issue but it does feel like there's tighter hitboxes.

By the way, has the hawaiian/bowler/big man/ScoMo head hitbox been fixed? I feel like I'm hitting him in the head way more than previously.

I also saw that the previously-red cabinet paint swatch is now a (pretty nice) shade of muted dark brown. Think that's the first time I've ever experienced uncanny valley in regards to a video game loool. It does look better than the red, as much as I'll miss the red.

Edited by vergilsparda
forgot a tidbit and didn't feel like double-posting . . . sorry adam!!! (see edit history)

Are zombie or animal hit points variable now, or has it always been that way?  I have the enemy hit point bar revealed at all times and am wandering the wasteland to check out enemy total hit points.  First little bear I encountered had 681 hp, the next had 781, and the third had 701, all at full health.  First cop was 434 and second was 477.

9 hours ago, bdubyah said:

I've been getting this in my limited time in 1.0. It reminded me of the E-core issues I was having in Star Citizen recently. SC would just hang for like 5+ seconds though, where 7Days would just go from <5fps to 90fps over and over. Would eventually smooth out but no idea what's causing it.

I used to have that happen in 7DtD A21 when I played with friends on a server. Not always, but sometimes my connection got so bad that it would make it unplayable. Upgraded to faster internet and the issue disappeared for me.

1 hour ago, DocRussel said:

Are zombie or animal hit points variable now, or has it always been that way?  I have the enemy hit point bar revealed at all times and am wandering the wasteland to check out enemy total hit points.  First little bear I encountered had 681 hp, the next had 781, and the third had 701, all at full health.  First cop was 434 and second was 477.

Yes been like that sense alpha 21

Who at the TFP hates the heavy armour.

Please fix the heavy armour, you guys have nerfed way it way to hard, it only give you like 7 extra armour for the whole set and 60% more stamina drain and 50% movement speed reduction, Over medium armour

And you can't fit the banded armour mod for some reason.

It's simply not worth wearing at this point over medium due how little benefit vs cost.

8 minutes ago, Annihilatorza said:

Who at the TFP hates the heavy armour.

Please fix the heavy armour, you guys have nerfed way it way to hard, it only give you like 7 extra armour for the whole set and 60% more stamina drain and 50% movement speed reduction, Over medium armour

And you can't fit the banded armour mod for some reason.

It's simply not worth wearing at this point over medium due how little benefit vs cost.

It's cuz people could be near invincible. When mixed with a few things .  Plus one you get that book that ignores armors weight when attack... yeah it's op

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

After finishing the day 35 horde and looted up, I pulled out two legendary crafting components from two loot bags, back to back funnily enough. Is this intentional? Note: My game is completely unmodded.

Just RNG.  I've gotten them close together and then gone a long time without any.

On 7/3/2024 at 11:58 AM, Riamus said:

I found limiting frame rate smoothed that out significantly for me, though I have a lower end computer.

Yes. Capping your frames will reduce, or in some cases completely eliminate, stuttering. 

Here is a detailed video on the subject.

I've tried it in 7 Days. Unfortunately, for it to be effective, I would have to put the cap so low that it wasn't worth it for me.

Edited by Arez (see edit history)

On 7/3/2024 at 6:17 PM, faatal said:

And ironically, some of us even like the auto jumping. Go figure.

I like the double jump as well.

With it, you can scale nearly any mountain. Just hold space bar, and regardless of how little stamina you have, you'll just keep jumping.