Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

19 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

I had another screamer showed up when I played last night unannounced for another house party, but I was able to dispatch her quickly enough to prevent her from calling her friends to join.

The previous screamer group had 3 screamers in it and I did hear the screams, so I expected there to be a group (there was).

One of the main differences in the last screamer party was that I had placed shutters on the windows.  Not sure if that helped, but I don't think she ever detected me prior to me getting a jump on her.

I still think they need a wind up animation 

57 minutes ago, Gamida said:

That is not a giant bumblebee, that is a tiny Richard.

It not tiny. It's average 

Construction seems to draw the Screamers more than I recall from the past.

I have maybe 6 candles, 1 new lamp, 1 old lamp for light. and my various production fires only run a couple minutes at a time....EXCEPT for my stone burner which is always running, and two cement mixers to support it. 

I don't see any Screamers until I start working on my horde killer. They always show up then, and sometimes a second wave soon after. They're all irradiated (not sure there are any other sorts on v1.0?)

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

51 minutes ago, Morloc said:

Construction seems to draw the Screamers more than I recall from the past.

I have maybe 6 candles, 1 new lamp, 1 old lamp for light. and my various production fires only run a couple minutes at a time....EXCEPT for my stone burner which is always running, and two cement mixers to support it. 

I don't see any Screamers until I start working on my horde killer. They always show up then, and sometimes a second wave soon after. They're all irradiated (not sure there are any other sorts on v1.0?)

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

Idk just breathing seems like it lures them but who cares! More stuff to kill. 

In my opinion I think they need to add another kind of zombie to add an extra hordes like small amounts. Maybe a Howler

Screamer summons big hordes

Howler spawn normally and act like spawn points to add more. 

That or zombie spawn setting.. (I'm not letting that go. On console I can't live without it.

4 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Adam the Waster, you're wasting too much time on this 

Once the 26th comes yall have some peace. Not the 25th cuz I'm working lmao 

Once that's day comes I'll be making a few post. But mostly playing, working out, working and playing with my girl. 

10 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Once the 26th comes yall have some peace. Not the 25th cuz I'm working lmao 

Once that's day comes I'll be making a few post. But mostly playing, working out, working and playing with my girl. 

Shii i've been jus silently waiting too, you've been helpin me with the countdown.

all this been so itchy and nerve wrackin since i also play on console,

On 7/15/2024 at 9:24 AM, faatal said:

Eric did the hazmat sounds.

It tries to spawn 2 to 4 traders per biome and it would always be the same trader types per biome. Currently there is no guarantee of a trader in a biome. Traders need gateways to spawn. The smaller the world/biome, the less towns, so the less gateways, and the straight gateway conflicts as it does not have space for a trader. Yesterday I reduced the weight bonus on the 3 straights and limited them each to 1 per world, which should help. When we get full biome progression in and/or story it will need some way to force a trader in each biome.

Make a straight gateway that tunnels beneath the trader? It feels like the sort of thing that would have unintended consequences, but it would be cool if it worked. 😀

(unrelated story merged into the above post)

So, I was in this tier 2 building in the forest, tier 2 being my current tier, doing a Fetch & Clear quest. I looted some random stuff and I got a quality 1 pipe rifle. Uh, ok. Then I get to the loot room and there's an irradiated wight in it. Let's just say the opposition and the weapons I've been provided to fight it are a bit mismatched. Being in an Intellect build I guess I could have crafted a robotic sledge and hoped the wight would die laughing at it.

Edited by dcsobral (see edit history)

On 7/12/2024 at 1:53 PM, faatal said:

Added AI active sleepers will sometimes be awake and wander (1 in 10).
Added AI wandering sleepers use spawn position as center of wander.
Added sleeper volume trigger type Wander.

I have a custom POI, is it possible (without custom code) to make every sleeper in the same sleeper volume to wander?

On 7/15/2024 at 10:21 AM, Adam the Waster said:

10 more days!!!! I'm also working on that day so :(

I foresee a sick day in your future.........😁

15 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Can't wait to see yall too bros

Oh no... does this mean?

Screenshot_20240716_000015_X.jpg

Yes!!! Bring the bees back!!!

16 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Does the actual scream sound summon the horde, or just them being alerted to you? What if they see you but are too far away for the sound to play due to the changes made to them playing their alert sounds when closer? Or is that not how it works?

If it works the same as I have seen in the past. Their scream raises the heat level, that then

triggers a scout horde spawn. But unless the scout horde spawn is given feral sense then it

should just be a basic spawn.

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

I can't afford too! I'm a manager 💀💀💀

But faatal said no about bees 

Faatal could just be throwing us a curve ball. Not like him to do so but still, holding out hope! 

Well maybe you'll have some game time before or after you go to work. 

Not sure if this is still a current issue, but has anyone else noticed that in RWG the gravel pathways to wilderness POIs often come up from behind the building, and do not align with the gateway?

8 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Adam the Waster, you're wasting too much time on this forum! :madgrin:

He's happy because is coming soon i understand him after 6 years and half of wait. You're not good placing for talk i see you here almost everyday since more 1 year for speculate and talk about... i dont know what during hours and hours for... nothing.

1 hour ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Faatal could just be throwing us a curve ball. Not like him to do so but still, holding out hope! 

Well maybe you'll have some game time before or after you go to work. 

hopefully he will get sum playtime before he have to go to work. but its also on consoles and it jus depends on if consoles will jus get to play it directly on that day ( which is most games this haven't been the case) or gonna have to still wait til the countdown on the game to go down in order to play it cause most games let u play it sometime by the afternoon.

Notes on issues I've encountered - don't have an error log as they're not something that shows up in such.

1.) I believe there is an issue with collision detection. I've had Z's walk through Barb Wire (there's a house POI with Barb Wire - Tier I I believe) where this happened.

Two Zed's walked through this without damaging the Barb Wire.

2.) I've seen Zed's walk through Wooden Spike Traps without damaging them - "@%$# Off" House POI is where this happened.

3.) I've seen Zed's walk through (partially) Cars on the Road.

4.) On the Cabinet POI, I snuck up on a Vulture (on the Roof) and shot it with a Crossbow, the Vulture went through the Roof and ended up inside the Building.

No damage to the Building/Roof.

5.) Could be user error, but I've had a few items disappear.

6.) I don't think all the "Challenges" are attributing EXP correctly. Mainly the ones with 10k EXP.

On a few of the "Kill x Zed's" for 10k EXP, when redeeming these I've never seen the Experience Bar move - I have seen the Experience Bar move on 2.5k Challenges.

7.) For the Assassin Shoes (classified as Medium Armor), the "Stealth Boot Mod" (?) is not applicable / will not work with these.

8.) Graphical anomaly :

image.png.84bcc3721843e4dc5f2a61717af4bee8.png

Been like this for a few minutes.

Will eventually clear with an update to one of the items involved, not sure which one clears it. but I've seen it clear up.

Really liking the changes for the most part. Some of the advancements seem to be a bit lagging but overall look to be good, just some tweaking needed on these.

Sad to see that scraping items do not recover "Legendary items" & / only one "Armor Crafting" or "Parts" item, but understandable I guess.

11 hours ago, FranticDan said:

I have a custom POI, is it possible (without custom code) to make every sleeper in the same sleeper volume to wander?

If you set the volume to Wander mode.

4 hours ago, LostBoy said:

Notes on issues I've encountered - don't have an error log as they're not something that shows up in such.

1.) I believe there is an issue with collision detection. I've had Z's walk through Barb Wire (there's a house POI with Barb Wire - Tier I I believe) where this happened.

Two Zed's walked through this without damaging the Barb Wire.

2.) I've seen Zed's walk through Wooden Spike Traps without damaging them - "@%$# Off" House POI is where this happened.

3.) I've seen Zed's walk through (partially) Cars on the Road.

4.) On the Cabinet POI, I snuck up on a Vulture (on the Roof) and shot it with a Crossbow, the Vulture went through the Roof and ended up inside the Building.

No damage to the Building/Roof.

5.) Could be user error, but I've had a few items disappear.

6.) I don't think all the "Challenges" are attributing EXP correctly. Mainly the ones with 10k EXP.

On a few of the "Kill x Zed's" for 10k EXP, when redeeming these I've never seen the Experience Bar move - I have seen the Experience Bar move on 2.5k Challenges.

7.) For the Assassin Shoes (classified as Medium Armor), the "Stealth Boot Mod" (?) is not applicable / will not work with these.

8.) Graphical anomaly :

image.png.84bcc3721843e4dc5f2a61717af4bee8.png

Been like this for a few minutes.

Will eventually clear with an update to one of the items involved, not sure which one clears it. but I've seen it clear up.

Really liking the changes for the most part. Some of the advancements seem to be a bit lagging but overall look to be good, just some tweaking needed on these.

Sad to see that scraping items do not recover "Legendary items" & / only one "Armor Crafting" or "Parts" item, but understandable I guess.

8. This bug was at least in A21. You need to write "xui reload" to the console.

Am I the only one, that feels that RWG starter towns now all have the same buildings somehow?

- No more small Pass'n'Gas, just Jerry's Fill over and over

- Always Butcher Pete

- Always a Police station

And regarding map randomness:

1.) Could you add a "classic" RWG mode:

- Without the given circle/line forms? Just random layout like in A21?

- With being able to do a (for example) snow only map again?

- If trader routes will not work there: It's ok. Just give a warning.

2.) Could you add an option for "Mega City" or maybe "Cities per biome" and "City size?

10 hours ago, maxousara said:

He's happy because is coming soon i understand him after 6 years and half of wait. You're not good placing for talk i see you here almost everyday since more 1 year for speculate and talk about... i dont know what during hours and hours for... nothing.

I perfectly understand, and it wasn't an attack on him at all, it was a comment made in jest between fellow "fanboys".

You're probably one of the few who didn't understand this and felt the need to come to his defense... for nothing.