Alpha 22 Fan Diary

Adam the Waster

4 hours ago, Maharin said:

Back in my day we measured seconds per frame.

I used to download Unforgiven by Metallica for about 2 days and burning a CD with 9 songs took about an hour, including not touching my PC.

Good, very good times that I am thankful we were part of :)

New changes too RWG via Faatal

(Will add too main forum when I get home from work and gym)

Added RWG preview camera moves 10x speed with shift key and clamps near ground.

Changed RWG preview camera move up/down to camera relative and C key also moves down.

Added RWG preview left click resets camera.

Fixed RWG preview camera jittering when looking past down and move rate varying with FPS.

Improved RWG Creation UI layout.

Added RWG highways can path across and carve into mountains (steep slope check often made no road!).

Added RWG country road corner smoothing (50% of highway).

Improved RWG road smoothing, blending and processing speed.

Fixed RWG road pixel precision (was offset and dirt edges not consistent).

Fixed RWG road line segments adjusting the same and/or missing pixels (starting point circles now in line segment loop. uses ids not colors).

Changed RWG preview texture to full res at default and point filter.

New RWG biome generation algorithm (seed biomes around a circle and grow each in a square ring that searches out from the middle of each side but skips if not adjacent to same biome).

Moved RWG wasteland biome to the center.

Improved RWG biome default percents and limited min/max range.

Improved RWG biome filler stamp (more square, to edges and 128 size).

Fixed RWG biomes could be missing (each biome gets at least 1 tile).

Changed RWG biome tiles to 1/4 sized.

Added RWG random biome stamp scaling and small rotations.

3 hours ago, beerfly said:

I used to download Unforgiven by Metallica for about 2 days and burning a CD with 9 songs took about an hour, including not touching my PC.

Good, very good times that I am thankful we were part of :)

I can't remember the name of it but there was a game I played in high school that you had to sit there and watch it draw each screen, like that program The Designer's Pencil.  It was a mostly text game with a graphical image for each "room".  It took 30 seconds or more to draw some of them.

"RWG uses tiles for many things. Biome tiles were 1024 squares. Now 256."

Can someone please explain what this means and its significance? :)

I'm curious if the burnt biome will be small patches located in the forest, or if it will be its own biome again. Also, will the burnt sections of the wasteland remain?

On 2/18/2024 at 9:07 AM, MechanicalLens said:

"RWG uses tiles for many things. Biome tiles were 1024 squares. Now 256."

Can someone please explain what this means and its significance? :)

I'm curious if the burnt biome will be small patches located in the forest, or if it will be its own biome again. Also, will the burnt sections of the wasteland remain?

Basically, with smaller biome tiles, the biomes will be less blocky.  They'll still be pretty blocky at 256 but better than at 1024.

Considering it's almost the end of Feb and they still only can post this year for a release date, I get the feeling it won't be anytime soon. Maybe September for EXP. Shame it's likely gonna be that far away and bandits still aren't making it in.

13 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Considering it's almost the end of Feb and they still only can post this year for a release date, I get the feeling it won't be anytime soon. Maybe September for EXP. Shame it's likely gonna be that far away and bandits still aren't making it in.

I highly doubt it. My guess ether end of March or April 

6 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I highly doubt it. My guess ether end of March or April 

And I doubt that. They will be at PAX next month, so that would likely be the absolute earliest for an announcement for EXP, which would still likely be at least a month later if they do the usual streamer signups and such. And considering they just now finally got the dev diary open, I'm not very hopeful for the first half of the year.

• 4 weeks later...

ummm... did I totally miss an announcement or something? I knew this "was coming someday" but it appears its on steam (coming soon) with some videos/images....

Search steam for "7 Days Blood Moons". I tried posting a link but it auto blocks me...

On 3/16/2024 at 6:44 PM, doughphunghus said:

ummm... did I totally miss an announcement or something? I knew this "was coming someday" but it appears its on steam (coming soon) with some videos/images....

Search steam for "7 Days Blood Moons". I tried posting a link but it auto blocks me...

Yeah, that was announced the end of last year some time.  😀