Alpha 22 Fan Diary

Adam the Waster

On 10/27/2023 at 8:06 PM, Jugginator said:

Ah! Thanks for the correction then haha. Well then, @Matt115, look above! Your skeletons are here :)

On 10/27/2023 at 8:20 PM, unholyjoe said:

ima thinking he wasnt wanting to have to kill a player to see it laying at a news stand. :)

Looks fine :) just confirmation that you can find them in newsstands 😜

Btw. i realy would  see option to "flip flops" from this grass armors. I think totaly barefoot would looks much better. So vision option too turn on/off would be great . I would realy appreciate that because i realy don't like open shoes while i love being barefoot ( i have aversion to shoes to flip flops/ crocks specialy

so i;m realy happy and have postitive vibes so realy thanks

Just waiting for that guy in some POI/ Cars / streets lying on ground and it will be perfect :)

human skeleton rigged Model 3D in Anatomia 3DExport

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

On 10/25/2023 at 3:11 AM, meganoth said:

A lot of your bugs sound more like you have performance or network problems.

Pretty sure that´s a bug where you can hit invisible barriers. While this didn´t happen on our last two playtroughs on a rented server at all, i had this happening in SP.

I7 13700K, 32GB Ram, RX6600XT, SSD.

Also there is way more zombies getting stuck in the ground or walls than in A20. On the same machine/server.

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Pretty sure that´s a bug where you can hit invisible barriers. While this didn´t happen on our last two playtroughs on a rented server at all, i had this happening in SP.

I7 13700K, 32GB Ram, RX6600XT, SSD.

Convincing argument. Especially interesting that this rules out network problems, as those are otherwise likely culprits with all the new crossplay complexity 

On 10/25/2023 at 10:15 PM, NekoPawtato said:

There is a bug right now with drone where it gets stuck/lost which then can cause players to hit invisible walls. So that could also be another explanation besides hardware/network. 

I stopped playing with drone -- too many odd bugs -- but I'll try one again soon

Didn't find any informations about this on twitter or facebook, maybe someone here could give me a hint or something :

Any idea about the split-screen option for the console version ?

Not sure if i'm the correct topic for the question, in that case my apologises.
Can't wait for this update, and thanks for all the informations you have gather so far !

5 hours ago, gf18_idiot said:

Didn't find any informations about this on twitter or facebook, maybe someone here could give me a hint or something :

Any idea about the split-screen option for the console version ?

Not sure if i'm the correct topic for the question, in that case my apologises.
Can't wait for this update, and thanks for all the informations you have gather so far !

There will be no split-screen functionality for the console version. The console version is going to be the same as the PC version. You will be able to cross-play with PC players and other console players but you won't be able to play side-by-side on the couch with a buddy split screen just like PC players can't. The 2016 console version had split-screen but couldn't join dedicated online servers. The new version will reverse that.

I guess we just can't ever have it all.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Roland said:

There will be no split-screen functionality for the console version. The console version is going to be the same as the PC version. You will be able to cross-play with PC players and other console players but you won't be able to play side-by-side on the couch with a buddy split screen just like PC players can't. The 2016 console version had split-screen but couldn't join dedicated online servers. The new version will reverse that.

I guess we just can't ever have it all.

Added too console section lol

6 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Roland So MS and Sony already gave green light for crossplay? Last info was that it´s still in the conformation process.

I don't know the timeline exactly of when crossplay will be enabled. I only know that they are working on it and it is a planned feature. Whether it is ready on day one of PC Alpha 22/ Console Version 1 remains to be seen.

I do know that there won't be split-screen functionality at all. That question came up a lot at Twitchcon and TFP was adamant that it would not be happening despite the obvious disappointment that it generated.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

I don't know the timeline exactly of when crossplay will be enabled. I only know that they are working on it and it is a planned feature. Whether it is ready on day one of PC Alpha 22/ Console Version 1 remains to be seen.

I do know that there won't be split-screen functionality at all. That question came up a lot at Twitchcon and TFP was adamant that it would not be happening despite the obvious disappointment that it generated.

Pretty sad but heh, as you said, can't have it all...
Thanks for the information though.

6 hours ago, Roland said:

Thing is that this doesn´t only depend on TFP. Sony and MS need to give their ok and have a ton of rules for it. It´s quite the process and can take a long time from what i know.

So just because TFP plans to have it, doesn´t mean it´s gonna happen.

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Thing is that this doesn´t only depend on TFP. Sony and MS need to give their ok and have a ton of rules for it. It´s quite the process and can take a long time from what i know.

Like bandits!

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

You're assuming they plan to start the approval process after they have all the coding completed when it is far more likely that they started those things concurrently or even got the approval squared away before they put work into something that wasn't going to be approved. Crossplay isn't going to be denied by Sony or Microsoft anyway. Putting that out there is just crazy talk.

14 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

Like bandits!

It ain't going to be like bandits until it has been delayed for 12 alphas since it was first introduced in some basic form. We haven't even gotten to the first potential delay yet...

@Roland It´s crazy talk? Maybe. If TFP is doing everything right then yes, it might be. Just saying it´s not 100% set in stone. I mean there is a conformation process for a reason after all. Amd how far would TFP go to dumb down the PC Version to get cross play? Are they actually willing to sacrifice for example bandits if that is something that can´t happen on console?  

Also wasn´t there a time when Sony didn´t allow crossplay with X-Box? Not too long ago? Not sure though.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Roland It´s crazy talk? Maybe. If TFP is doing everything right then yes, it might be. Just saying it´s not 100% set in stone. I mean there is a conformation process for a reason after all. Amd how far would TFP go to dumb down the PC Version to get cross play? Are they actually willing to sacrifice for example bandits if that is something that can´t happen on console?  

Also wasn´t there a time when Sony didn´t allow crossplay with X-Box? Not too long ago? Not sure though.

If this line of reasoning is helping you not get your hopes up too far then by all means go ahead and continue for yourself, but at this point, crossplay is a done deal and the level of optimization needed to get the PC and console versions equivalent has already been done. They didn't announce crossplay when the entire possible future of it was in jeopardy of being shut down or blocked by Sony or Microsoft. They announced it once they were sure it could be done on both the technical side and the bureaucratic side.

This is what they've stated about crossplay:

Crossplay between PC and Consoles is planned. It may not be ready for PC Alpha22/Console Version 1 but for sure it will be ready for the gold release. Console gamers will be able to play on dedicated servers along with PC gamers.

By contrast, this is what they've announced about the old console version and a credit program:

We would like to be able to update the original console version to this new version but no promises that it is possible. We would also like to offer a credit program of some kind for those who purchased the original console version but it will be up to Sony and Microsoft with their store policies and their ability to implement and track such a program.

There's a big difference there. I'd say that crossplay is 100% whereas updating the original game and/or offering a credit is what is firmly in the land of maybe and probably not.