Alpha 22 Fan Diary

Adam the Waster

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I mean you could have simply answered with a yes when i asked if MS and Sony already gave green light for this. @Roland

If you had actually simply asked that question I could have simply answered yes. Looking back, all I see are statements you made regarding this. Maybe I missed the question and if so, sorry. 

19 minutes ago, Roland said:

If you had actually simply asked that question I could have simply answered yes. Looking back, all I see are statements you made regarding this. Maybe I missed the question and if so, sorry. 

I personally preferred the extra details in your replies as it explains what has to happen behind the scenes and why the decision is made to make specific announcements.

Regarding bandits -- I'd like to have a base infiltration experience as in many FPS, but I would not like to have my stuff stolen while I'm away or even while I'm there (see gamer reactions to sea monkeys in Subnautica: Below Zero -- their behavior was modified via a plot device. 

On 10/31/2023 at 5:28 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Pretty sure that´s a bug where you can hit invisible barriers. While this didn´t happen on our last two playtroughs on a rented server at all, i had this happening in SP.

I7 13700K, 32GB Ram, RX6600XT, SSD.

Also there is way more zombies getting stuck in the ground or walls than in A20. On the same machine/server.

I hit a wall recently in single player. I think I was driving away from zombies. Have not hit a wall when I kill all of the zombies that I pass. 

54 minutes ago, VoltraLux said:

Thanks for the mention and great summarisation of the updates so far 

If i knew you were on the forums I would have just @ you lmao 

5 hours ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

bandits in a23... and they were announced at alpha 16. I feel betrayed :(

Yeahhh..... I really hope they cooked with the bandits. I just hope we got enough models. Not fighting the same dude right next to the other dude

In Alpha 22 are we stuck getting 35 fps on a rtx 4090 doing a city highrise quests because DEVs will not touch any optimisation away from CPU to GPU and it's GPU features because "It's alpha !" ?

1 hour ago, Ripflex said:

In Alpha 22 are we stuck getting 35 fps on a rtx 4090 doing a city highrise quests because DEVs will not touch any optimisation away from CPU to GPU and it's GPU features because "It's alpha !" ?

I mean with the force optimization for consoles. I'm sure we will get some help 

56 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

Also they literally said they're adding significant ambient occlusion, which is pretty important.

I really hope so,  I usually stop playing around tier 5 quests, the frame rate makes my eyes bleed or I just stay away from cities a roll with tier 4s.

*fingers crossed*

On 2/8/2024 at 7:57 AM, Ripflex said:

I really hope so,  I usually stop playing around tier 5 quests, the frame rate makes my eyes bleed or I just stay away from cities a roll with tier 4s.

*fingers crossed*

I feel like for a solo/single player tier 5 locations are too overly complex. For 3-4 players tier 5 quests are easy tasks somehow. Finally, for the merciful love of God, devs could consider the introduction of proper naming for at least tier 5 locations. Running through Shamway factory for the 3rd time in a row is no joke (generic_location_5 is really not a good indicator of where players are stepping in) . Also, there should be a challenge in the game like beating all 5 tier level locations and tier 6! Players would have some sense of completion at the end of the day idk.

Edited by TWORDY (see edit history)

On 2/7/2024 at 8:44 PM, Ripflex said:

Optimizations are generally done near the end of development because any new features or changes made would mean having to redo the optimization work each time if done earlier.  They have done some and you should see more done in each alpha coming up because there isn't much new left to add besides bandits.

As far as 35 FPS goes, that is enough to play a game smoothly without any problems.  If you are experiencing sitting and slow loading of stuff as you move around, that is less likely a GPU problem like FPS and more likely a CPU problem.  Those should improve with optimizations.

On 2/9/2024 at 10:16 PM, TWORDY said:

I feel like for a solo/single player tier 5 locations are too overly complex. For 3-4 players tier 5 quests are easy tasks somehow. Finally, for the merciful love of God, devs could consider the introduction of proper naming for at least tier 5 locations. Running through Shamway factory for the 3rd time in a row is no joke (generic_location_5 is really not a good indicator of where players are stepping in) . Also, there should be a challenge in the game like beating all 5 tier level locations and tier 6! Players would have some sense of completion at the end of the day idk.

Tier 5 quests are certainly a big jump in time to complete compared to the earlier tiers and the rewards may not be worth it in single player for many people.  The speed you can compete tier 4 for similar rewards can make that a better choice for many players.  Of course, when you know the tier 5 well, you can usually solo those fairly quickly.  I personally like the jump for tier 5 because the others are too easy and complete too quickly.

Not sure what you mean about names.  Every POI should have a real name as of A21.  If you are using custom POI that haven't been given real names, that is up to the mods and unrelated to vanilla.

Achievements like you are suggesting will probably be filled out right before gold.

15 minutes ago, Riamus said:

As far as 35 FPS goes, that is enough to play a game smoothly without any problems.

Playable, yes. But I wouldn't use the word "smoothly". 35fps, especially on a high refresh rate monitor, is an uncomfortable experience. 

18 minutes ago, Arez said:

Playable, yes. But I wouldn't use the word "smoothly". 35fps, especially on a high refresh rate monitor, is an uncomfortable experience. 

Me as a mostly console peasant knows 30 fps very well but at least most games now are at about 60 or less