Does it need to rain every friggen day?

ElCabong

2 hours ago, ElCabong said:

A helmet light has become the most needed mod in the game.

Thats probably the next item that gets nerfed in the game. Stumbling about without a headlamp for weeks will be the 'balance' implemented to slow down resource gathering. Oh please, no.

I think helmet lights are already "nerfed" enough just by being broken as is works now.

Bad weather outside dampens my helmet light even if I'm inside. Should be more or less the opposite, it should appear brighter in darker conditions.

I'd like it to be brighter in general, so I don't have to gamma-slide the game, cause in general I like the game to be dark.

Or a "tier 2" version of the light would also be cool.

9 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

I think helmet lights are already "nerfed" enough just by being broken as is works now.

Bad weather outside dampens my helmet light even if I'm inside. Should be more or less the opposite, it should appear brighter in darker conditions.

I'd like it to be brighter in general, so I don't have to gamma-slide the game, cause in general I like the game to be dark.

Or a "tier 2" version of the light would also be cool.

Yeah, they really need to fix it. It sucks and I feel the same way about playing with the gamma. I mean it is darker in the day during a rainstorm than it is at night. That just isn't right.

Josh's lightening mod seemed to help a bit but since the latest build I am not really sure. Even the author said he wasn't exactly happy with it. Haven't had a chance to mess with it myself.

11 minutes ago, captainslack said:

Especially in the desert. I mean, it isn’t a desert if it rains EVERY. FREAKIN’. DAY!

I think that is broken honestly, it isn't supposed to rain in the desert in this game at all last I knew, unless they changed it on purpose.

Here is what the desert should be

<weather name="default" prob="87">
        <weather name="rain" prob="8">
        <weather name="storm" prob="5">

I think the problem right now is weather changes too often so even low percentage chances end up happening every day.

8 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

I think the problem right now is weather changes too often so even low percentage chances end up happening every day.

What is the one for fog?

13 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

What is the one for fog?

Fog by itself, is only present in the forest and snow biomes.

Fog as part of a rain or storm weather event,

<Temperature min="95" max="105" prob="1"/>
            <CloudThickness min="55" max="75" prob="1"/>
            <Precipitation min="25" max="55" prob="1"/>
            <Fog min="1" max="4" prob="1"/>
            <Wind min="15" max="35" prob="1"/>
            <spectrum name="Rainy"/>
        </weather>

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I think you're right.

On 8/19/2023 at 6:15 PM, Krougal said:

Yeah, it's horrible but easily modable at least.

I highly recommend "Less Rain" by Pahbi.

Or just edit your biomes.xml to your own prefs.

Here is the link to the modlet if you want to try it out

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/26048-a21-modlets-craft-water-from-snow-or-buckets-fast-plant-growth-no-heat-dew-collector-and-more/

On 8/19/2023 at 3:53 PM, ElCabong said:

A helmet light has become the most needed mod in the game.

Are players really having a hard time finding helmet light mods? After the first blood moon horde, I have a small handful from the mining helmets found in the dropped loot bags. But I also play with increased zombie counts on horde night, so that's definitely a contributor. More zombies = more chance of dropped loot bags.

52 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

Are players really having a hard time finding helmet light mods? After the first blood moon horde, I have a small handful from the mining helmets found in the dropped loot bags. But I also play with increased zombie counts on horde night, so that's definitely a contributor. More zombies = more chance of dropped loot bags.

Usually not a problem but this time the game is very stingy and it wasn't till I got my tier 3 quest reward.

Edited by ElCabong (see edit history)

21 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Well there's the problem.  Rain must be the new default weather!

On a serious note, I recall in the last alpha that if my play session lasted longer than a few hours, it seemed to start raining constantly.  Leaving the game and restarting seemed to fix it.

On 8/20/2023 at 10:28 AM, Krougal said:

Yeah, they really need to fix it. It sucks and I feel the same way about playing with the gamma. I mean it is darker in the day during a rainstorm than it is at night. That just isn't right.

That's just completely false, stop. Unless there's fog during the night or it's a full moon, nights are always flat out darker. Rainy nights are even darker than rainy days, you can't see 2 meters ahead of you.

1 hour ago, Kyonshi said:

That's just completely false, stop. Unless there's fog during the night or it's a full moon, nights are always flat out darker. Rainy nights are even darker than rainy days, you can't see 2 meters ahead of you.

It is absolutely true, but yes, I should have specified than a clear night. Of course a rainy night is darker than a rainy day. Visibility is fine for me on a clear night, actually most nights.

I think it depends on your other graphics settings, because I do remember it being much darker at night in prior alphas, not pitch black like Rust but still pretty dark.

I agree.  I think the whole weather system is overdone.  I guess the devs are trying to instill a "mood" to the game with all of the rain and fog but IMO the only thing it accomplishes is annoyance.  Couple this lack of visibility with the added damage to vehicles when you run into an ore node because it just appeared right in front of you giving you no time to avoid it and voila!  More fun!  More difficulty!  Nope...more annoyance and frustration.  Pack your repair kits!!!

1 hour ago, Ramethzer0 said:

You know what's really funny?

We have dew collectors but not rain collectors.  It takes 30 seconds to mod the trapping material to make that happen.

Missed opportunity right there I think.

The same reason we can't use the water in lakes and rivers, because...reasons???

18 hours ago, Krougal said:

The same reason we can't use the water in lakes and rivers, because...reasons???

It's a coding reason.  The devs don't want to spend processing time to calculate if and where it rains in the world and then have rain catchers fill up.