In Alpha 21 what is the intended playstyle for co op?

Joey9Baka

It feels like in Alpha 21 the magazine system forces players to split up and do their own POI's so they can find their own build specfic loot otherwise only the 1 player opening the main stash and most containers is reasonably going to improve. 

Am I missing something?

Yes and no. If you agree / make a deal that everyone gets to open a box of the main stash then you can quest together. If you can't co-operate that way then you either have to get your weapons from trader or loot directly or hope RNG is with you as your magazines will also drop in the loot boxes your co-players loot. If that isn't enough as well then the best option is probably to split up, at least when you have the chance for shotgun messiah for example and you wanted weapon magazines.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

The main thing to remember is that you should not all be reading the same magazines.  If you are, you're going to progress more slowly.  You should have each person in the group reading specific magazines so that all magazines are given to the one person who is reading them.  This way, it doesn't really matter who is doing the looting other than that you won't get the bonus to find magazines you're perked into if you're not the person doing the looting.  That might slow down your progression a little but overall shouldn't be too big of a deal.  I just play 2 player and we both loot whatever we choose and we do fine with magazines.  In a larger group, it's probably more of a challenge keeping track of who is reading what.  For that, it may be best to place a chest outside the POI and drop all magazines into there for people to grab what they are reading rather than trying to give them to the right person yourself.  That, or just take them back to base and put them in a Magazines box for people to grab.

Whoever is the one to activate the quest loots the entire building, the other players clear it for them, you all take a quest and do it this way. It works fine, all primary mags are done, we are now just reading each others mags for the lulz and we have more Q6 weapons and ammo than god himself.

44 minutes ago, Roland said:

That’s because God uses Tier10 weapons and ammo. 

serious note though ive got probably close to 40,000 rounds of 7.62 and ive crafted none, and i sprint buildings with an M60 just spraying with reckless abandon and i usually double to triple my carried ammo every raid.

On 7/4/2023 at 12:06 AM, Ailin said:

Whoever is the one to activate the quest loots the entire building, the other players clear it for them, you all take a quest and do it this way. It works fine, all primary mags are done, we are now just reading each others mags for the lulz and we have more Q6 weapons and ammo than god himself.

That's how we always did it. we all took quests and the one starting it is the one looting it. it's so simple xD

Our group just fed people whatever books they needed to craft stuff...in my case, being I went Fortitude, I got all the knuckle weapon + machine gun books, and crafted g5 of each weapon type I used before ever looting one of the same grade or g6.  That was a playthrough that started with first experimental build and continued up through stable, though, but even after the crafting magazine drop rate nerf, we were still getting plenty of them for everyone to max out their "main crafts" fairly easily.

33 minutes ago, Kazgrel said:

Our group just fed people whatever books they needed to craft stuff...in my case, being I went Fortitude, I got all the knuckle weapon + machine gun books, and crafted g5 of each weapon type I used before ever looting one of the same grade or g6.  That was a playthrough that started with first experimental build and continued up through stable, though, but even after the crafting magazine drop rate nerf, we were still getting plenty of them for everyone to max out their "main crafts" fairly easily.

But my impressions from posts here (and my own group game) is that doesn't seem to be the case for players starting with a new game after the nerf. Without the boost you got from the first experimental you may have had the same experience, who knows.