Khaine's A21 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, Lockable Slots, Behemoths, Random Wandering Hordes, etc)

KhaineGB

On 6/25/2023 at 2:01 PM, wolverine576 said:

Could you make a patch for your 15 slot toolbelt to work with SMX - SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui (Alpha21)?

https://7daystodiemods.com/zmxhudcptb15/ - This patch still works in A21. (You need both mods + patch)

On 7/5/2023 at 9:11 PM, Sixx said:

hmm.. we talk about this ?

f706e35a57fa8253877affaf301fb738.png.ed36008e5b161c757214e1e5c0ef9749.png

Mod is successfull loaded 🤫

or could it be that my HUD / UI mod can be a cause? I use SMX/ZMX HUD & UI

You need to edit "...\Mods\SMXhud\Config\XUi\windows.xml" you need to remove SMXs custom location window...

REMOVE EVERYTHING BETWEEN:

<!--    // SMX // Location Display -->
<remove xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowLocation']" /> (LEAVE THIS LINE. THIS IS REMOVING VANILLA LOCATION WINDOW)

AND

<!--    // SMX // LevelXP Display -->

MESSAGE FOR KHAINE

Thanks for all the work! ❤️ You make this game much more bearable 😄
Not to sound ungrateful but could you make 12 slots toolbelt version? 15 seems like overkill for me yet with 10 Im always short one or two slots 😄
I tried to edit your mod, but there were still 3 invisible slots I needed to scroll through. I know its in dll file and I think I even found it (only a theory, I dont dabble in C#) but I was unable to edit and compile your file despite trying several programs... so... pretty please? 👏

Edited by Karbantms (see edit history)

On 7/3/2023 at 1:48 AM, stark23x said:

Khaine, first of all, thank you! I simply refuse to play this game without the modlets.

Question - is there any way to make the lockable inventory slots survive logging out and back in so we don't have to set them every time we boot it up? Not a deal breaker but it would be cool.

Yes please. Minor thing, but we played so much with the locked slots beeing saved  when logging out before A21 hit, that i regulary waste time with getting my stuff back out of the chests...

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

KhaineGB love your work, but you need to fix the ModInfo.xml within "Lockable Inventory Slots" you forgot one key thing <ModInfo> </ModInfo> so you can't install with Vortex otherwise. I added it on my end, but for anyone else that needs this for installing within your mod manager. Just make sure that your ModInfo.xml file should read like this and you should be fine:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xml>
    <ModInfo>
        <Name value="LockableSlots" />
        <DisplayName value="Khaine's Lockable Slots" />
        <Description value="Adds a box to the backpack and vehicle to allow users to lock slots so they cant be moved." />
        <Author value="KhaineGB" />
        <Version value="1.0.0.1" />
        <Website value="https://7daystodiemods.com/lockable-inventory-slots/" />
    </ModInfo>
</xml>

(Edit) - Got this error even after I changed the ModInfo.xml:

Edited by VincentVonDarkness (see edit history)

22 hours ago, YordanST said:

Lockable Inventory Slots mod doesn't save locked slots after reentering game is this a bug or is this how the mod works first time trying it.

Its how it works.  I believe there is some inability to do a write back to a config file for what ever you select so you have to re-select it on each run up.

On 7/13/2023 at 7:47 PM, VincentVonDarkness said:

KhaineGB love your work, but you need to fix the ModInfo.xml within "Lockable Inventory Slots" you forgot one key thing <ModInfo> </ModInfo> so you can't install with Vortex otherwise. I added it on my end, but for anyone else that needs this for installing within your mod manager. Just make sure that your ModInfo.xml file should read like this and you should be fine:

<xml>
    <ModInfo>
        <Name value="LockableSlots" />
        <DisplayName value="Khaine's Lockable Slots" />
        <Description value="Adds a box to the backpack and vehicle to allow users to lock slots so they cant be moved." />
        <Author value="KhaineGB" />
        <Version value="1.0.0.1" />
        <Website value="https://7daystodiemods.com/lockable-inventory-slots/" />
    </ModInfo>
</xml>

(Edit) - Got this error even after I changed the ModInfo.xml:

I didn't forget anything., The modlet is formatted for Modinfo V2 as per A21 modding instructions.

I do NOT care about Vortex. Stop using it.

Also that error isn't my mod. It's someone elses.

On 7/13/2023 at 11:13 PM, YordanST said:

Lockable Inventory Slots mod doesn't save locked slots after reentering game is this a bug or is this how the mod works first time trying it.

That's how it works

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

13 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Also that error isn't my mod. It's someone elses.

That doesn't seem quite right.

The message does not come "from someone else" or through Vortex.
I don't use Vortex myself and I also have this message for ALL A21 mods
whose Modinfo is not adapted. The message appears in the 7D2D Log
after the start and thus comes from the game itself if I'm not mistaken.

The message states
"2023-07-03T14:29:01 4.352 WRN [MODS] ModX_Y_Y/ModInfo.xml in legacy format. Please consider upgrading to V2 for future compatibility."

Obviously the mofinfo should/can/must look like this now, so that no
message appears in the log. I don't know if the Funpimps changed anything there

<xml>
     <Name value="ModXYZ" />
     <DisplayName value="MOD_X_Y_Z" />
     <Version value="1.0" />
     <Description value="Mod that changes something" />
     <Author value="StrikerMack" />
     <Site value="https://www.xyz.com/7daystodie/mods/xyz" />
</xml>

So if the Modinfo corresponds to the V2 standard, the message should not

appear with reference to V2 in connection with future compatibility. It's only

a message and not a real error, and not in the Mod itself, but as a modder you

can deal with it if  someone notes something like that.

The comment you quoted was in relation to the user posting a screenshot, WITH A RED ERROR, for a mod that IS NOT MINE.

And yes, TFP changed something. What you posted is the new ModInfoV2, which as far as I know all of my stuff is updated to.

I do not deal with errors/warnings/whatever on other people's mods otherwise i'd never get anything done, would I? ;)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Should also maybe note that apparently Vortex itself has not updated to the new modinfo.xml format that was changed in A21, so Vortex will not deploy mods that are correctly formatted for the current 7 Days to Die build. (You can force unpack anyway to bypass, but...)

I gave Vortex a shot to have multiple profiles and determined that it was easier to just manually manage my mods with 7 Days. Based on this experience, I would not recommend using Vortex with any currently evolving game. The file formats, structures, and locations can and have changed and that will break compatibility until things get updated.

Since I had something to say anyway, figured it was a good time to say thank you Khaine for your continued work on these mods! You continue to make my gaming QoL better! And actually my regular life since I don't have to edit things that you've already made modlets for =P

On 7/19/2023 at 1:36 PM, Hox13 said:

Really dumb question but I may be over analyzing it. The Vehicle damage patch Modlet, does it revert the A21 vehicles back to pre tissue paper damage (normal) as well?

Nope

On 7/19/2023 at 2:37 PM, Perky_69 said:

Just dropping in to say the pick up plants mod made mushrooms no longer able to fully grow.

I'll poke it later then

Jello ooops typo Hello Khaine just want to say i have been working on a Mod Compilation added a bunch of mods to get all the desired effected and started editing Im a total newb at modding basically reverse engineer code i barely under stand and edit values . any how after my edits broke a few mods Mainly cause their format made it hard to understand each separate instance and my edit either left an extra or where missing element and Broke so i went through to test what worked what didnt and cut the fat when i finished i was left with your mods and Izayo's lol i think it a testament to the Quality of Work you both Do Amazing work . Thanks for all the little Notes in the mod explaining whats what it helped a small brain modder (more mod editor) like me ! One last thing is there a resource (discord or forum topic ) where i could pick people brains for help and idea's one thing i want to accomplish is late game carrots to dangle in front of players to keep them interested so im looking for help with Progression edits and balancing i want it right in the cusp of broken between player and zombies being OP basically everything is a glass cannon player and Z's. tired of the difficulty being increased simply by make everything a bullet sponge instead i want the game of numbers and dangerous repercussion from Z's getting close reduce Z attack range but increase damage and status effects 

1 hour ago, Jon Dillinger said:

Jello ooops typo Hello Khaine just want to say i have been working on a Mod Compilation added a bunch of mods to get all the desired effected and started editing Im a total newb at modding basically reverse engineer code i barely under stand and edit values . any how after my edits broke a few mods Mainly cause their format made it hard to understand each separate instance and my edit either left an extra or where missing element and Broke so i went through to test what worked what didnt and cut the fat when i finished i was left with your mods and Izayo's lol i think it a testament to the Quality of Work you both Do Amazing work . Thanks for all the little Notes in the mod explaining whats what it helped a small brain modder (more mod editor) like me ! One last thing is there a resource (discord or forum topic ) where i could pick people brains for help and idea's one thing i want to accomplish is late game carrots to dangle in front of players to keep them interested so im looking for help with Progression edits and balancing i want it right in the cusp of broken between player and zombies being OP basically everything is a glass cannon player and Z's. tired of the difficulty being increased simply by make everything a bullet sponge instead i want the game of numbers and dangerous repercussion from Z's getting close reduce Z attack range but increase damage and status effects 

You could try guppys modding discord.

https://discord.gg/3aWeEGrjJK

After the A21.1 b12 EXP update, mine and my wife's 60 slot backpack is only granting 27 unlocked slots, with the rest being locked.

Prior to the update it was 40 unlocked/20 locked, as intended.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thank you for all your hard work KhaineGB!

A simple question, mostly about terminology...  When you defined 3 categories of mods/modlets as follows:

1). XML Only Modlets (can be installed on servers with no client download).

2). XML + Assets Modlets (cannot be server only).

3). C# Modlets (cannot be server only, EAC must be off!!!)

Were you strictly referring to 'dedicated' servers? Or are you including multiplayer games served from a single player game as well? If I install any of the working mods from the first category into my mod directory, does it get automatically downloaded by players connecting to my game? Or do they need to download the mod themselves, and install it? I'm thinking the later, but can I get some clarification?

Just saw a small grammatical error in your Food Water Mod 

ModInfo.xml
<Name value="FoodWndWaterBars" />

But also get this yellow warning everytime i load

2023-08-05T12:40:21 71.510 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "FoodWndWaterBars" did not apply: <remove xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowToolbelt']/rect/rect[@pos='376,-77']"  (line 5 at pos 3)

Just thought i would let you know.