"Fixed"?

The way other items are written in the fixed area makes me believe that the drone sounds are suppose to affect stealth, and now they do.

See these as examples

• Drone pathing NRE when falling in Prefab Editor 
  • Drone can't heal abrasion when using a first aid bandage or kit 

Since I don't think we want these to be added to the game  😁

23 minutes ago, Apocalyptical Survivor said:

"Drone sounds don't affect stealth"

Confusing polarity. Does this mean that they now DO affect stealth? Or that they were fixed to NOT affect stealth?

Drone sounds should affect stealth, but it wasn't so that's why it's worded as such. BFT is right.

usually (usually not meaning 100%) the name/title on our bug reports is what you see. so in this case when it said "Drone sounds don't affect stealth", then that is the issue being addressed and fixed. if it was added or taken away, it would have stated so.

hope that clarifies it a bit. :)

bandicam 2022-08-19 13-23-44-052.jpg

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

Drone sound does now affect stealth, makes sense. But it's pretty much been a passive partner in combat. Looks like that may change. Ooh, let's watch this pan out. Could be awesome, until the drone is reduced to pulp. I've lost a few already, and that's because they've gotten in the way of friendly fire. Be nice if friendly fire is ignored.

Alright, one step at a time. Tell that to my dead drones, eh?

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Drone friendly fire needs to be turned on manually in the console, you can only damage other drones while not allied with the owner.

What's the console command please? I lnow I've taken out ally drones without meaning to.

9 hours ago, Rotor said:

Hope not.  While I havent sniffed a drone, one thing that I hate is the games that ignore FF :).

Guess I may have scrambled that. Friendly fire ON means to me I won't be killing allies or their drones with my misplaced shots, or do I have that bass ackwards? 

2 hours ago, Melange said:

What's the console command please? I lnow I've taken out ally drones without meaning to.

Guess I may have scrambled that. Friendly fire ON means to me I won't be killing allies or their drones with my misplaced shots, or do I have that bass ackwards? 

Yes, you have. "friendly fire" on means you can hurt friends and be hurt by friends. It is the "friendly" aka "coming from a friend" fire that is "on" aka "can hurt you"

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

Yes, you have. "friendly fire" on means you can hurt friends and be hurt by friends. It is the "friendly" aka "coming from a friend" fire that is "on" aka "can hurt you"

It could be worse, speaking of confusing polarity. If you'll forgive the aside... I'm currently playing another game where the player doesn't set up turrets, but he does hack turrets set up by others. So when I set the turret to attack enemies, does that mean I'm setting it to attack my enemies? Or am I setting it to attack the enemies of the people who installed and programmed the turret, which would include me? One could use red/green colors, friend or foe, good guys or bad guys, and it would still have this problem. It's an interesting interface design challenge I've been pondering lately.

Edited by Crater Creator (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Crater Creator said:

It could be worse, speaking of confusing polarity. If you'll forgive the aside... I'm currently playing another game where the player doesn't set up turrets, but he does hack turrets set up by others. So when I set the turret to attack enemies, does that mean I'm setting it to attack my enemies? Or am I setting it to attack the enemies of the people who installed and programmed the turret, which would include me? One could use red/green colors, friend or foe, good guys or bad guys, and it would still have this problem. It's an interesting interface design challenge I've been pondering lately.

rogue-like card games (the genre created by Slay the Spire) often have effects where you can get confused by this.

3 minutes ago, Apocalyptical Survivor said:

Well then so much for carrying a drone around during stealth POIs. Stealth is already touch and go, taking away drones makes it a little less appealing. But honestly, the drone pathing made them pretty wonky to begin with, so I guess no big loss.

You could tell your drone to stay, clear an area, and then tell them to follow you again :) though that just takes more time

I could have done without our drone buddy in the game. Nice to have it heal me when I am too busy to check my health while blasting through zeds, and carry a few extra rounds of ammo is not a bad thing.  But self awareness and some hard lessons did the same before it arrived. To tell me 'We are not alone' or 'I have a bad feeling' is okay, but...how about you help eliminate some threat for me? And please try to get out of my field of view while I am trying to sniper shot something.  Maybe we will get improved abilities and AI for our hovering helper in A21. 

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

I got a drone for the first time recently. I'm not going to use it. It is kind of annoying and I don't really need it for POIs or Zombies. Being noisy and affecting stealth is just another reason to leave it in the 4x4. Maybe I could carry it and deploy it to help carry end loot back to the 4x4. I suppose if I were doing something like moving my base across the map, the 4x4 full and a drone load of cargo would be handy.

I do wish I could could slap a camera on it and fly it around remotely to look in windows, at rooftops, the surrounding terrain, etc.

25 minutes ago, zztong said:

I got a drone for the first time recently. I'm not going to use it. It is kind of annoying and I don't really need it for POIs or Zombies. Being noisy and affecting stealth is just another reason to leave it in the 4x4. Maybe I could carry it and deploy it to help carry end loot back to the 4x4. I suppose if I were doing something like moving my base across the map, the 4x4 full and a drone load of cargo would be handy.

I do wish I could could slap a camera on it and fly it around remotely to look in windows, at rooftops, the surrounding terrain, etc.

There is a silent running mode option for the drone in the radial menu, stops it from talking.

4 hours ago, Jugginator said:

There is a silent running mode option for the drone in the radial menu, stops it from talking.

I couldnt tell from the patch notes, but does the constant whirring of the drone and the sound from it smacking into walls contribute to your stealth meter? Or stealth increases only when it talks?

1 hour ago, NekoPawtato said:

I couldnt tell from the patch notes, but does the constant whirring of the drone and the sound from it smacking into walls contribute to your stealth meter? Or stealth increases only when it talks?

The motor/fan blade noises do increase your noise level a little bit, I think between 4 - 6 range depending. The voice lines from it are about 5-6. Initial testing, values may vary of course. Not sure about the smacking noise.

13 hours ago, zztong said:

This is exactly how I use the drone. Slap 2 inventory mods on it and it carries as much as the motorcycle. The healing and light mods are kind of gimmicky but the inventory space is a game changer since they follow you back to the trader or base and you don’t need to find space for their stuff in your vehicle of choice.