Airdrops mustn't be empty

Ray Garraty

Maybe it was a case of beer (or really really expensive scotch) but it broke when it landed, and the was nothing to salvage.  That's what I tell myself when this happens, but I agree with you wholeheartedly, there should always be something in airdrops.

Yes, I agree with you OP. I believe Gazz himself once said that if you’re playing on less than 100% loot, it could only be expected that sometimes you don’t get something - that is the setting you chose. But an airdrop is no mere pile of trash. It’s a destination you plan trips around. And that’s what it’s supposed to be, or it would drop right in your lap. So yes, it’s a big letdown if it’s empty, even on a lower loot setting.

3 hours ago, Catdaddy said:

They are all full of broken jars

In A21 there will be no broken jars. As for now, I agree with you. But sometimes the loot drop even at 100% is deemed rubbish. Now if rubbish is deemed of no value, 25% of rubbish would approach zero very quickly. Probably why you opened a crate of nought,

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Urban Blackbear said:

They removed broken glass as a drop because people kept eating it.

It is their own fault for giving it the strongest buff in the game.
It is the same with sneaking. Why make it so overpowered that mines and traps don't activate, even without any skills?

Just ridicoulus.

34 minutes ago, Viktoriusiii said:

It is their own fault for giving it the strongest buff in the game.
It is the same with sneaking. Why make it so overpowered that mines and traps don't activate, even without any skills?

Just ridicoulus.

Sneaking doesn't set off traps and mines? Are you sure?

Nothing in airdrops?

In an apocalypse with everything being so precious would even the government (or whoever is flying those planes) use the resources of planes, fuel, manpower, etc to fly and empty crate out and drop it.

I mean even in a training exercise wouldn't they at least drop of something survivors could use.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Lies. You can only deactivate landmines with a wrench. I've been teaching this for years.

Edit: haha caught up with the thread... Mega, Mega... smh ;)

Not so stupid as it sounds. I was expecting the mine to explode. If I had trusted his words to do that in the real game, THAT would make me call a shrink myself.