Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

I used compo pack with Nitrogen on A18 and it worked like a charm. I enjoyed the many new pois. But things seem rather complicated for A19. After reading through the readmes and watching instruction videos a few questions still remain.

1. Most importantly, since the prefab list doesn't show up as usual in the Nitrogen menu and is named vanilla, does it replace the vanilla prefabs? In case I want to continue my current vanilla game (without compo), will it still be playable?

2. The video instrictions in the Nitrogen thread mention the rwgmixer during the install process, but it's not part of compo pack 45. However it was included in 43, the last version I used. So the contradicting instructions are a bit confusing.

3. If the current pack 45 is having issues with Nitrogen, can/should I use 43 instead? Would this work like it has in A18? Nitrogens' readme for version 501 recommends using pack 43.

28 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

the current version works with nitrogen. we couldnt at the time find the problem, but that was resolved.

you can save a back up of the vanilla prefablist for vanilla games if you want to be able to go back and forth.

Thank you for the fast reply. Then I'll give it a try :)

On 9/1/2020 at 3:14 PM, Rubicant said:

2. The video instrictions in the Nitrogen thread mention the rwgmixer during the install process, but it's not part of compo pack 45. However it was included in 43, the last version I used. So the contradicting instructions are a bit confusing.

which video? the one i made only mentions that the RWGmixer is not used. Hopefully my video wasn't the one that caused confusion, if it was then let me know.

Edit: My bad, my video doesn't even mention the RWGmixer... so I'm off the hook on this one. sorry for my confusion. 

Appreciate the mod and maintenance, but.

Not a fan of the new paintjobs on many PoI's, they stand out like sore thumbs and make no sense. Who paints an Asylum black and red?! Many houses and others are the same way, they don't fit in the world.

Further the number of zombie dogs, vultures and snakes arbitrarily added to various (often small and loot light) PoI's is just absurd.

10 hours ago, Mana said:

I see my POI has been changed. Any particular reason for that?

in what way was it changed.

9 hours ago, Skullfracture said:

Appreciate the mod and maintenance, but.

Not a fan of the new paintjobs on many PoI's, they stand out like sore thumbs and make no sense. Who paints an Asylum black and red?! Many houses and others are the same way, they don't fit in the world.

Further the number of zombie dogs, vultures and snakes arbitrarily added to various (often small and loot light) PoI's is just absurd.

me, i paint an asylum black and red...

the theme behind it is dark, sinister spooky.

what other pois are like this. The prefab pack has many diff types of pois as well new ones old ones destroyed ones etc to. this pack isnt just a one theme it is everyones prefabs in one.

I build myself only new ones as if the zombie apoc just occurred.

Others make destroyed ones as if they have been around for a while. It is not a pack to suit one persons idea.

as for the zombies, some of these prefabs hadnt had sleepers in it before so some may spook you .
But wolf carefully makes sure that each prefab is its correct quest tier as in a tier 2 house isnt listed as tier 5 , or a tier 5 house listed as a tier 1  etc.
but if you think a house is over populated or something do list that house in here and we can look at it.

2 hours ago, stallionsden said:

in what way was it changed.

I suspect it was one of the ones that was changed due to too much loot. It wasn't designed as a quest house more of a very lucky find if you came across it. It also had a bunker hidden underneath. Not a big deal. I understand it is not my property so to speak. Not complaining, great work and lots of time spent on the CompoPack so kudos to all involved.

Is the original still around? I lost my copy in the great hard drive crash of 2019.

we received various versions of your house changed by 4 modders.  So i went in and took a look at what I was presented. the sleeper volumes were tidied up, it was quested, but by vanilla standards, it was the wrong level.

and since it was not a unique prefab, it was put in many many places which made its loot too op for very little risk.

did you post it anywhere? if you did it should still be there

1 minute ago, Mana said:

I suspect it was one of the ones that was changed due to too much loot. It wasn't designed as a quest house more of a very lucky find if you came across it. It also had a bunker hidden underneath. Not a big deal. I understand it is not my property so to speak. Not complaining, great work and lots of time spent on the CompoPack so kudos to all involved.

Is the original still around? I lost my copy in the great hard drive crash of 2019.

no the bunker is still there.

I checked it out and from your screenshot of the prefab i couldnt tell what was diff physically as it didnt show the whole prefab.

Wolf has read this so he can unquest it. But yeh everyone complaining bout pois with to much loot  etc.

I myself dont care bout loot. people have different themes and different game plays and ideas on how the z apoc happenned and how long into it it has been

2 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:
6 minutes ago, Mana said:

I have a copy of the original still to

I will give you all a warning tho. 3 prefabs were intentionally made difficult and op zombie wise.

Notre Dame - known for its gargoyles and as an Easter egg to its myth about gargoyles - since we don't have those, I used vultures.

DOD mall - an endurance dungeon with hidden stashes of loot in many places. still under consideration on to boost loot areas. medicine and ammo

and a surprise one by stallion - his baby, blame him

also, at this time, this is how we are setting up quest levels

t1  1-15 zeds no badass

t2  16 - 30

t3  31-45

t4  45 - 60

t5  61+

these get adjusted by traps, barrier difficulty, and types of zombies used. If you find one that is off or too op, please list which prefab it is for consideration. I am still going through them. adjusting loot, clearing the quest path and adjusting barriers to quest level.

15 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

no the bunker is still there.

The Wine Cellar is no longer there and the bunker is definitely not there. I am ingame right now at the POI.

Again no big deal was just a little disappointed when i got to it. I usually have loot respawn disabled so it was always nice to find it.

I can't find if i posted it or just sent the original to Magoli.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

The Wine Cellar is no longer there and the bunker is definitely not there. I am ingame right now at the POI.

Again no big deal was just a little disappointed when i got to it. I usually have loot respawn disabled so it was always nice to find it.

I can't find if i posted it or just sent the original to Magoli.

hmmm ok will double check but the one i checked had a basement. i know some bottoms got cut off over the years to which some i have added back in. Will check the original out and readd it as well and send you a copy

7_Days_to_Die_Screenshot_2020_09.05_-_11_28_32_87.png

3 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

hmmm ok will double check but the one i checked had a basement. i know some bottoms got cut off over the years to which some i have added back in. Will check the original out and readd it as well and send you a copy

Ok cool thanks. Again no big deal i really appreciate the time and effort put into this pack.

edit: I did make it extremely difficult to get into the bunker with 2 locked iron doors and 2 locked vault doors.

25 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

thats the underneath of your homestead with a basement

oh yeh it got cut off. will have it added back. happenned to  few prefabs over the yearsd

7_Days_to_Die_Screenshot_2020_09.05_-_11_32_19_44.png

As it is now it most likely appeals to most players playstyle than the original. I can manually insert the original if i want so no need to change it just for me.

41 minutes ago, Mana said:

Ok cool thanks. Again no big deal i really appreciate the time and effort put into this pack.

edit: I did make it extremely difficult to get into the bunker with 2 locked iron doors and 2 locked vault doors.

have fixed it for you Mana (Will still send thru the original. But the full poi of yours shall be in cp46

xcostum_homestead(by_Mana)Original.rar

Just now, stallionsden said:

have fixed it for you Mana (Will still send thru the original. But the full poi of yours shall be in cp46

Thanks for finding the original for me. If most people are happy with it as is no need to place original as well. I can insert it myself.

26 minutes ago, Mana said:

Thanks for finding the original for me. If most people are happy with it as is no need to place original as well. I can insert it myself.

good to know. it will still have the standard changes. glad you have yours back. you will need to check the volumes in it tho. the original doesnt have the zeds or volumes put in correctly anymore

the one in cp 46, will be set to unique and not be questable. but still be a fun little place to find

1 minute ago, wolfbain5 said:

good to know. it will still have the standard changes. glad you have yours back. you will need to check the volumes in it tho. the original doesnt have the zeds or volumes put in correctly anymore

the one in cp 46, will be set to unique and not be questable. but still be a fun little place to find

Cool thanks.

Has anyone had an issue with the multi-trader by Sparrow dropping trader Jen and Trader Hugh  through the floor?  The first time I found the POI, they were on the second story, no big deal.  Next time I went in, Trader Jen was halfway into the floor blocks on the entry floor, and Trader Hugh seems to have become stuck in a wall.  I can't find any way to fix this without resetting the map chunk, but my base is probably so close it'll get blasted...and I'd rather not.  But I have a quest from Hugh that I can no longer turn in because he's been Amontillado'ed.

1 hour ago, Xandyr78 said:

Has anyone had an issue with the multi-trader by Sparrow dropping trader Jen and Trader Hugh  through the floor?  The first time I found the POI, they were on the second story, no big deal.  Next time I went in, Trader Jen was halfway into the floor blocks on the entry floor, and Trader Hugh seems to have become stuck in a wall.  I can't find any way to fix this without resetting the map chunk, but my base is probably so close it'll get blasted...and I'd rather not.  But I have a quest from Hugh that I can no longer turn in because he's been Amontillado'ed.

I have seen this happen even in vanilla, it is rare. you may have to go into god mode, turn in your quest, then remove the trader and spawn a new version where they are supposed to be. not sure why, but this has happened a few times over the last few vanilla alpha's. just so rare that it cant be reproduced to find a cause

2 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

I have seen this happen even in vanilla, it is rare. you may have to go into god mode, turn in your quest, then remove the trader and spawn a new version where they are supposed to be. not sure why, but this has happened a few times over the last few vanilla alpha's. just so rare that it cant be reproduced to find a cause

I'll give that a shot.  Thanks for the response, Wolfbain5.  How does one remove a trader in god mode??  Apologies for my ignorance, but I've been trying to DO that for the last hour, and Google has been no help.

38 minutes ago, Xandyr78 said:

I'll give that a shot.  Thanks for the response, Wolfbain5.  How does one remove a trader in god mode??  Apologies for my ignorance, but I've been trying to DO that for the last hour, and Google has been no help.

in god mode you should be able to go under the trader and either shoot them or hit them upwards. back into place lol. I would use the stun baton with the mod myself

Archived