Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Just now, NSHGaming said:

I have a logistical question. In the video showing how to use cp45 when the prefab list was copied from the cp45 folder and paste in 7d2d prefab folder the video showed 4485 files. When i do it it only shows 2351. Did prefab file just delete 2100 files on its own since video was made.

Let them comment one by one, we are too many.

Answering what you ask, the game's prefabs folder only shows you that many prefabs after copying the CompoPack ones, you won't be copying the entire folder, or redo everything and check how many prefabs you have before copying the compopack ones.

Regarding the water problem, which version of Nitrogen do you use, you will not have edited any file in the Nitrogen resources folder.

1 hour ago, Gouki said:

Let them comment one by one, we are too many.

Answering what you ask, the game's prefabs folder only shows you that many prefabs after copying the CompoPack ones, you won't be copying the entire folder, or redo everything and check how many prefabs you have before copying the compopack ones.

Regarding the water problem, which version of Nitrogen do you use, you will not have edited any file in the Nitrogen resources folder.

v501 exp. I never had issue like wall of water until i used cp45

14 minutes ago, Syrex said:

so, to verify: nitrogen has to be used in order to use this compopack?

Hi Syrex

Yes, because now it only uses the nitrogen file, this time they didn't put RWGMixer to create it with the game generator.
But there is the Stallionsden option in mod form, check it out if you don't like this with nitrogen.

1 hour ago, euel said:

sad,  I already generated a world map from nitrogen using the hotfix  but I still get null reference error on server restart.

this was a new game on a new world? we are getting this very randomly with no way to reproduce. we have gone over all the prefabs in the areas that gave that error in the world files we received, but found no problem prefabs. we have no way to know if this is an actual cp error, but will continue to look into it.

it seems only nitrogen maps are being affected, those using stallionsden rwgmixer havent reported any errors.
all I can say is sorry that happened, but you will need a new save game and a new world genned.

3 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

this was a new game on a new world? we are getting this very randomly with no way to reproduce. we have gone over all the prefabs in the areas that gave that error in the world files we received, but found no problem prefabs. we have no way to know if this is an actual cp error, but will continue to look into it.

it seems only nitrogen maps are being affected, those using stallionsden rwgmixer havent reported any errors.
all I can say is sorry that happened, but you will need a new save game and a new world genned.

Yeah it a new world.  We already played 2 new world when the new comp 45 went out but both having the same error.  Then I  saw  you guys released a  hotfix and made a new one again, I tried restarting the server and it looked fine so I ask my friends to join and play  again.  After 3hrs or  so I told them I  will try restarting again to  check and true enough the error is there again.

31 minutes ago, euel said:

Yeah it a new world.  We already played 2 new world when the new comp 45 went out but both having the same error.  Then I  saw  you guys released a  hotfix and made a new one again, I tried restarting the server and it looked fine so I ask my friends to join and play  again.  After 3hrs or  so I told them I  will try restarting again to  check and true enough the error is there again.

send me that world file and error log please

it doesnt seem like everyone is getting this, just a few and we are trying to see what is causing this.

ok, it seems that nitrogen has not updated to stable yet. so we have a new step in the process

since this doesnt happen in all worlds or all saves of the same world. it seems to be a hit or miss bugso. this has been tested, and got a broken world to work again. just not a broken save game.

after using nitrogen to create a new map

then copy the world to your \data\worlds folder folder not  generated worlds folder and start a new game.

IF YOU STILL get this bug. send me a report and your world files plus log file. and a list of mods.

do remember some mods already have their own prefabs and can conflict.

https://discord.gg/8S8bxC

3 hours ago, AnsontheToad said:

Which Poi was it am currently trying to fix it myself. 

Both those have been fixed. 

Got more pois to look thru to make sure no others exist. I didnt do the volumes haha on the peer. Used pilles auto gen sleeper function and auto volume creator in pilles editor on the ranch.

I wont be using that feature again lol. My bad. But yeh still gonna check out the others in cp to make sure. 

4 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Used pilles auto gen sleeper function 

mmhmmm.. pass the buck :)

Im kidding 100% --  Glad you guys found the issue..  You are all too smart for your own good :)

Any chance on very short understandable explanation on how you even found that? Why is it something you even looked for?  I find it fascinating lol

2 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Im kidding 100% --  Glad you guys found the issue..  You are all too smart for your own good :)

Any chance on very short understandable explanation on how you even found that? Why is it something you even looked for?  I find it fascinating lol

lol no it was obviously something i did lol while using pilles editor . but will be doing volumes by hand from now on as I know how to now 🙂

wolfbain went thru 10 prefabs at a time spawned them  lots of times into the world and narrowed it down to those 3 so far,

2 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

we basically made maps with just spamming the same 10 prefabs to ensure that if it was a random problem, 50 iterations of each prefab should cover it. that was 34 freaking maps. then when a map errored, we would cut down on the number of prefabs til it errored again. As it turns out, the ingame editor playtest will allow more than the 255 sleepers at a time. but the game itself bugs out. so there was really no way to know there was a problem. even the playtest function didnt catch it

3 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

we basically made maps with just spamming the same 10 prefabs to ensure that if it was a random problem, 50 iterations of each prefab should cover it. that was 34 freaking maps. then when a map errored, we would cut down on the number of prefabs til it errored again. As it turns out, the ingame editor playtest will allow more than the 255 sleepers at a time. but the game itself bugs out. so there was really no way to know there was a problem. even the playtest function didnt catch it

Wow thats insane... good job to all involved.

40 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

if the problem prefabs havent been spawned yet, you can continue, if it is a bugged game, try it and see. look in your prefab.xml in the generated world and look for peercafe and a ranch by stallion. you may not even have them in your world

deleted 13 peercafe, but still get null error, so i guess its dead since one of the players has spawned it somewhere. When i delete game folder and create new world with same map is loads fine.

• Roland locked this topic

Archived