Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Mana and I went through the DOD Mall the other day and it can best be described in one word...maybe two

*ing INSANE!

Loved every minute in there, took a full 18 hour day to clear it and another to loot the damm thing.

Gotta have loot respawn off though or you'd just camp next to it. ;)

33 minutes ago, Gobarg said:

Mana and I went through the DOD Mall the other day and it can best be described in one word...maybe two

*ing INSANE!

Loved every minute in there, took a full 18 hour day to clear it and another to loot the damm thing.

it is a beast and amazing build. Haha if only mags would put my hotel in haha. Gouki last i knew took a week and still trying to get thru the thing.

19 hours ago, Gobarg said:

*ing INSANE!

ok, will lower loot then for 46. thanks for the trial run

edit: loot rebalance done, reduced loot by 70%. store shelving was severely over the top

8 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

ok, will lower loot then for 46. thanks for the trial run

edit: loot rebalance done, reduced loot by 70%. store shelving was severely over the top

WTF are you doing mate? NOOOooooo. hehe

If it were possible to make this a unique in the world I wouldn't worry about nerfing it tbh.

First off it's not the kind of place you are doing a full walkthrough on any day in the first week so the loot is already behind a fairly large barrier of zombies.

Secondly the risk for reward is pretty good imo.

But yeah a unique would be an awesome find in a big map.

I'll go with whatever you guys think though because the Compo Pack makes this game so much more varied and interesting.

And let's face it, there are some really talented builders out there and to see their work is such a privilege.

Lotsa love people

18 minutes ago, Gobarg said:

WTF are you doing mate? NOOOooooo. hehe

If it were possible to make this a unique in the world I wouldn't worry about nerfing it tbh.

First off it's not the kind of place you are doing a full walkthrough on any day in the first week so the loot is already behind a fairly large barrier of zombies.

Secondly the risk for reward is pretty good imo.

But yeah a unique would be an awesome find in a big map.

I'll go with whatever you guys think though because the Compo Pack makes this game so much more varied and interesting.

And let's face it, there are some really talented builders out there and to see their work is such a privilege.

Lotsa love people

TBH i am with you on that lol. but atlas i am not allowed to touch the loot side haha

guys,
Im using the updated pack (including the hotfix) but I still face problems with xcostum_airport_rundown(by_gt), the imposter thing. Reason Im here is that I believe this one has a problem in the prefab, different from others that give me the imposter problem.
Usually I can logout and open the game again to fix, and different players alternate between having the issue or not. In this airport the issue happens 100% of the time for all players.

One very weird behavior is that while a bit far from the POI I see its detailed version, and once I get close it loads the false blocks and all that @%$# we usually get from afar. Like reverse of what it should be. (in editor it works correctly tho, but I get an error while trying to test the prefab)

Please, can someone take a look into this one? Its an amazing POI and its sad that its not working properly :(

thank you!

-----
EDIT: Also this other poi Im trying to identify to raise its position
https://imgur.com/a/t6uZVXp

if you are in a single player game. that prefab is very large and has always had that problem. in the console type pois

it turns off the lod. and when you leave that prefab, type pois to turn lod back on.

for prefab name. in the console, type dm, then enter, leave the console, and hit f3

stand in the prefab area, the name should show up. then hit f3 again to turn it off, then go back into console and type dm again to turn it back off.

13 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

if you are in a single player game. that prefab is very large and has always had that problem. in the console type pois

it turns off the lod. and when you leave that prefab, type pois to turn lod back on.

for prefab name. in the console, type dm, then enter, leave the console, and hit f3

stand in the prefab area, the name should show up. then hit f3 again to turn it off, then go back into console and type dm again to turn it back off.

thank you, f3 definitely made my life much easier 😁
xcostum_Flagstonemansion_sm(by_elitelex) is the one under terrain level, +4 height makes it perfect :)

about the airport, it gives the issue in dedi server too. another thing is the fact that it works in reverse of what it should be, isnt that weird? (both single and dedi)
gonna ask people to use pois for the meantime

Hey I just wanted to mention I'm playing the Eden Mall POI for the first time ... it's amazing. The loot is insane. I loved finding the Ben cult. At one point I got gangbanged by maybe 60 zombies. Spent hours on it so far and still have a few shops to loot. Hats off to the creators I'm having a blast. I'm doing early game as well (Started on Day 3) and it's set me up for a pretty epic game with all the loot and levels I've gotten

1 hour ago, yrkaop said:

Hey I just wanted to mention I'm playing the Eden Mall POI for the first time ... it's amazing. The loot is insane. I loved finding the Ben cult. At one point I got gangbanged by maybe 60 zombies. Spent hours on it so far and still have a few shops to loot. Hats off to the creators I'm having a blast. I'm doing early game as well (Started on Day 3) and it's set me up for a pretty epic game with all the loot and levels I've gotten

elaborate on what you mean by loot is insane and Epic game with all the loot.

As wolfbain will remove all loot haha if your not careful hehe

4 hours ago, yrkaop said:

I did put a warning in the notes that it was turned into a dungeon.

For God's sake you lot stop telling wolfbain5 there is too much loot!

The bloke might be listening !!!

:)

Oh and Pille is complete mongrel of a bloke...but we love him...

That cave of his is just brutal...

It had two grown men laughing and screaming like little girls!

DON"T look into the hole!!!

2 minutes ago, Gobarg said:

For God's sake you lot stop telling wolfbain5 there is too much loot!

The bloke might be listening !!!

:)

Oh and Pille is complete mongrel of a bloke...but we love him...

That cave of his is just brutal...

It had two grown men laughing and screaming like little girls!

DON"T look into the hole!!!

You mean his bunker POI?  Yeah...stay away from the hole....lol

3 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

You mean his bunker POI?  Yeah...stay away from the hole....lol

I believe it is called _cave1 and it is a work of evil genius!

It is a place once visited will NEVER be forgotten!

If Pille had been in chat at the time he may have heard his name taken in vain a few times :)

We need more of this type of POI for endgame I reckon.

1 minute ago, Gobarg said:

I believe it is called _cave1 and it is a work of evil genius!

It is a place once visited will NEVER be forgotten!

If Pille had been in chat at the time he may have heard his name taken in vain a few times :)

We need more of this type of POI for endgame I reckon.

Ooo, i may have not experienced that one yet.  Will check out, thanks for heads up.

First time posting

I'm not sure what exactly changed between A18 and A19 to cause this, but me trying to use Compopack now ends up with horrible stuttering (I assume chunk-loading, as it seems to be related to walking/moving about as opposed to "only" turning in place), and even worse, what I call "LOD artefacting". I did make sure to have no mods, too.

The LOD artefacting is the worst honestly. Basically I mean when the LOD textures stay up when they should disappear. It does make exploring buildings a pain, for sure. I don't get this in pure vanilla, though apparently mods trigger this to some degree too, just less so.

Does anyone here know what causes it? Is there something I can do? Compopack is pretty awesome tbh.

Archived