Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

4 hours ago, psychatix said:

Does anyone know for sure if this works with War3zuk's AIO overhaul? 

That be something you would have to ask him. Overhauls and mixing modlets can have a bad reaction together seeing as the overhaul generslly changes alot of the existing files sometimes required for certain modlets.

53 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Still TBD.  The QA team knows about it but no confirmed vanilla repros.

I have had it happen several times in pure vanilla. but as you said it, no step by step way to reproduce it. purely random. all I can say is that when it does happen, I am at over 6 gb memory usage in game. and I am using 32 mb of ram. seems others get it when they go over 6.5 gb memory as well

6 hours ago, stallionsden said:

if you could go into dm and press f3 and let us know which prefab it is so we can check it. it be appreciated.

were these at 2 different location? because the author of these houses has 2 versions of each of his houses. 1 nice and tidy, and 1 demolished

20 hours ago, stallionsden said:

if you could go into dm and press f3 and let us know which prefab it is so we can check it. it be appreciated.

20200918142021-1.jpg

Also I feel some POI are so generously constructed to a point that they tend to over bare the game and tank the FPS. Maybe isolate certain ones and keep them away from built up areas.

This one for instance

20200918172936-1.jpg

from 40+fps in the middle of a town I look at this POI and it goes almost under 20fps.

7 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

20200918142021-1.jpg

Also I feel some POI are so generously constructed to a point that they tend to over bare the game and tank the FPS. Maybe isolate certain ones and keep them away from built up areas.

This one for instance

20200918172936-1.jpg

from 40+fps in the middle of a town I look at this POI and it goes almost under 20fps.

the nodabba house  AFO3D (37x54)

is meant to be like that.

Nodabba released 2 version of the same prefab.  One was nice and complete the 2nd version was destroyed version. each of his houses have a counter part.

In regard to fps, that has occurred in vanilla as well as the CP for a while now as well. However we are working on easing the texture streaming of the cp prefabs to, may not get to all of them by cp46 tho.

11 hours ago, Briston574 said:

Anyone know if Sir Loachalot's Castle has been added to the CP yet? Super awesome castle, and I think it would go amazing with the CP

If not, check it out here : https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1106

I check nexus regularly at the disgust of wolf lol haha. 

Yes already have it.

However may not make it til cp47 as currently the current pack we have alot of work to fix, loot, misrotated blocks, quests, volumes, texture reductions etc.

We are pushing thru them.

But guaranteed all prefabs will get in eventually and cp47 onwards shall be alot faster (depending on block changes tfp do ofc) 

currently, we have over 300 prefabs. many are out of date and need updating. we are currently working on that, so no new ones will be added to cp until we are caught up. If there are ones you dont like, and there will be as each person's taste is different, as this is a mod, you can always change your own for your game. I know most people want a variety and enjoy the CP and we are glad for that. We will continue to adjust and fix as the game goes on until TFP reaches gold.

17 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

currently, we have over 300 prefabs. many are out of date and need updating. we are currently working on that, so no new ones will be added to cp until we are caught up. If there are ones you dont like, and there will be as each person's taste is different, as this is a mod, you can always change your own for your game. I know most people want a variety and enjoy the CP and we are glad for that. We will continue to adjust and fix as the game goes on until TFP reaches gold.

You guys are awesome.  When do u think the next version will be out?  Weeks, months?

9 hours ago, Worrun said:

Where's the actual download link for CP45? There's only a link for the hotfix, which is 200mb. The main file isn't listed, unless I'm being a derp?

Hi Worrun

It is at the beginning of the post, in this part:

HERE you can download COMPOPACK_45hotfix02 (for Alpha19stable_built180)

Press where it says HERE in capital letters, then it sends you to download.

3 hours ago, renejant said:

might it be possible that the next upcoming version will have a rwgmixer-file in it? with a more diversity in buildings being spawned? because personally i think some buildings popup too many times... while others don't...

No  rwg file has been discussed at this stage.  but there be a modlet form you just drop in to mods folder. A nitrogen list as well if you use nitrogen.

The diversity unfort is a vanilla thing to it filters which prefabs are chosen at random. Factors include the map spawned. 8k world has more prefabs ofc then the 4k.

But the cp is evolving and more prefabs are added constantly adding to the diversity of worlds as well.  Will put it to the team. 

13 hours ago, Gouki said:

Hi Worrun

It is at the beginning of the post, in this part:

HERE you can download COMPOPACK_45hotfix02 (for Alpha19stable_built180)

Press where it says HERE in capital letters, then it sends you to download.

Thanks, got it now.

Because it said "hotfix" I thought it was just a small patch to add to the main files =]

ok, this stable was out faster than expected. We are about halfway done with cp 46. we wont be shipping it until we are done with this phase.

This phase includes quest fixes, paint fixes, block rotations, xml clean ups, texture streaming reduction, and zombie population stream lining of all 331 prefabs.

• Roland locked this topic

Archived