Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

What if we have only like 8 prefabs can we still do a custom map or. Might make all my prefabs into a custom town lol alltho I think I have like 30 prefabs

there are 2 new customzones:

custom_town_size_25

custom_town_size_18

so 25 is the POI-limit atm

I have loads of errors like this on my server

2019-11-12T19:37:11 32.279 ERR Loading prefab "xcostum_Apartment(by_Gertle)" failed: Block 28 used in prefab at 0 / 0 / 0 has no mapping.

2019-11-12T19:37:11 32.280 WRN Could not load prefab 'xcostum_Apartment(by_Gertle)'. Skipping it

What does that mean?

If no other mods or modlets installed:

this means u r using the wrong prefabs or the wrong rwgmixer.xml

I recommend to delete all prefabs from the prefabsfolder manually, than do search for corrupted or missing gamefiles on steam (after that u have a fresh pure vanilla setup)

After doing that u can install CP40 and u should be fine

(just make sure u copy/paste just the CONTENT FROM THE PREFABSFOLDER - NOT THE WHOLE PREFABS ITSELF !!!!

because when u copy/paste the whole folder as itself u will overwrite all the vanilla-files that are also needed !!!)

cheers

I'm enjoying the pack … thanks!

But … the randomizer may need some tweaking cause the town south of where I spawned has 10+ Insane Asylums.

They take up 40% of the east side of the town. One after another … which kind of defeats the purpose of a mod meant to add variety.

Literally ALL of the Level 5 quests offered by the trader 2km north are in Insane Asylums …

I'll work on packing up my things and moving to another area. Small inconvenience. Good luck with the project :)

I'm enjoying the pack … thanks!

But … the randomizer may need some tweaking cause the town south of where I spawned has 10+ Insane Asylums.

They take up 40% of the east side of the town. One after another … which kind of defeats the purpose of a mod meant to add variety.

Literally ALL of the Level 5 quests offered by the trader 2km north are in Insane Asylums …

I'll work on packing up my things and moving to another area. Small inconvenience. Good luck with the project :)

Guessing that town had either government controlled or there were alot of crazy people living there before the apocalypse :-D

That answered a question I was just going to ask.. if any of the compo pack pois were eligible for trader quests?

Just be careful some of the custom poi's are *way* harder than vanilla ones of similar tiers. Can't remember what it was RN but I ran a t3 quest that was longer and harder than any t5 I've run.

That said, the really hard ones also tend to be very rewarding in turn.

The server me and my friends are playing on (A18.1) had a couple of weird crashes over the last couple of days:

Cutting down a Compo-Pack tree would hard-crash the server (no crash log). After a restart the tree was back and cutting it down again resulted in another crash.

The admins ended up removing Compo-Pack and reset the map and there haven't been any crashes since, so looks like the problem was indeed caused by it.

Is there a way to fix this?

Guessing that town had either government controlled or there were alot of crazy people living there before the apocalypse :-D

Yeah ... ha ha.

@Magoli

I packed up all my stuff and found two more traders. Unfortunately, both are still referring me to the Insane Asylums almost exclusively for Tier V missions because the town they are in is centrally located. Is there anyway that I can manually remove maybe 8 of those 10 Insane Asylums from the pool that traders are offering missions from? Maybe that way I can force some more diversity into the quests.

Thanks again.

The server me and my friends are playing on (A18.1) had a couple of weird crashes over the last couple of days:

Cutting down a Compo-Pack tree would hard-crash the server (no crash log). After a restart the tree was back and cutting it down again resulted in another crash.

The admins ended up removing Compo-Pack and reset the map and there haven't been any crashes since, so looks like the problem was indeed caused by it.

Is there a way to fix this?

do u know which tree - and in which prefab ?

edit:

are u sure it doesnt belong to the Change from A18.1 to A18.2 ?

Just be careful some of the custom poi's are *way* harder than vanilla ones of similar tiers. Can't remember what it was RN but I ran a t3 quest that was longer and harder than any t5 I've run.

That said, the really hard ones also tend to be very rewarding in turn.

here is the list that defines tier/sleeperamount (from A17):

tier1: 1-15 active Sleepers

tier2: 16-30 active Sleepers

tier3: 31-40 active Sleepers

tier4: 41-50 active Sleepers

tier5: 50+ active Sleepers

overall most of the CP-prefabs has more Lootcontainers than vanilla

I have a problem with the Nitrado server, I always get this error message when I try to start.

Version A18.1 Log I attached

2019-11-18T07:17:05 117.188 ERR Loading prefab "xcostum_minigolf(by_magoli)" failed: Block "goreBlockAnimal" used in prefab is unknown.
2019-11-18T07:17:05 117.188 WRN Could not load prefab 'xcostum_minigolf(by_magoli)'. Skipping it
2019-11-18T07:17:05 117.203 ERR Loading prefab "xcostum_H0bbit(by_Limodor)" failed: Block "wallTorchLight" used in prefab is unknown.
2019-11-18T07:17:05 117.203 WRN Could not load prefab 'xcostum_H0bbit(by_Limodor)'. Skipping it
2019-11-18T07:17:05 117.223 ERR Loading prefab "xcostum_WulftownCD(by_WereWulfen)" failed: Block "wallTorchLight" used in prefab is unknown.
2019-11-18T07:17:05 117.223 WRN Could not load prefab 'xcostum_WulftownCD(by_WereWulfen)'. Skipping it

[ATTACH]30640[/ATTACH]

output_log__2019-11-18__07-15-04.txt

I have a problem with the Nitrado server, I always get this error message when I try to start.

Version A18.1 Log I attached

2019-11-18T07:17:05 117.188 ERR Loading prefab "xcostum_minigolf(by_magoli)" failed: Block "goreBlockAnimal" used in prefab is unknown.
2019-11-18T07:17:05 117.188 WRN Could not load prefab 'xcostum_minigolf(by_magoli)'. Skipping it
2019-11-18T07:17:05 117.203 ERR Loading prefab "xcostum_H0bbit(by_Limodor)" failed: Block "wallTorchLight" used in prefab is unknown.
2019-11-18T07:17:05 117.203 WRN Could not load prefab 'xcostum_H0bbit(by_Limodor)'. Skipping it
2019-11-18T07:17:05 117.223 ERR Loading prefab "xcostum_WulftownCD(by_WereWulfen)" failed: Block "wallTorchLight" used in prefab is unknown.
2019-11-18T07:17:05 117.223 WRN Could not load prefab 'xcostum_WulftownCD(by_WereWulfen)'. Skipping it

[ATTACH]30640[/ATTACH]

I have no special server-experiences since a very long time (3years)

but the output_log looks like the prefabs are NOT in the folder where they supposed to be.

Are u sure u have copied the CP-prefab-files into ur servers prefabs-folder ?

back in the days I used a ftp-tool (like Filezilla) to upload the CP-files onto the server I rent

then just exchanged the rwgmixer.xml and I was ready to play BANG

Now it seems it is much more suffisticated and more complex with all these different game-folders, files and modlet-stuff

(complications and misunderstandings are included ;) )

hope that helped

Do we copy and paste into the mods folder?

Does this need to be done on both server and client?

there is a modfolder ??? LOL

just joking

to 1st question: NO - pls follow exactly the Install-Instructions from the Dl-zip

to 2st question: YES and NO - as far as I know the client that joines the first time on a server with CP-prefabs will get a bunch of REDMSGS spaming in the Console when the needed CP-prefab-files are missing on Clientsite.

When the Client then quit the map and rejoin the problem is Solved because the Client gets all needed information from serversite from then on.

^^i dunno for sure - could be a myst^^

Sure way would be to just copy the prefab-files onto the clientsite too!

there is a modfolder ??? LOL

just joking

to 1st question: NO - pls follow exactly the Install-Instructions from the Dl-zip

to 2st question: YES and NO - as far as I know the client that joines the first time on a server with CP-prefabs will get a bunch of REDMSGS spaming in the Console when the needed CP-prefab-files are missing on Clientsite.

When the Client then quit the map and rejoin the problem is Solved because the Client gets all needed information from serversite from then on.

^^i dunno for sure - could be a myst^^

Sure way would be to just copy the prefab-files onto the clientsite too!

Thanks mate

Hey mate. I'm adding the files to my server. Once they are all added should I change the seed to create a fresh world??

I have no special server-experiences since a very long time (3years)

but the output_log looks like the prefabs are NOT in the folder where they supposed to be.

Are u sure u have copied the CP-prefab-files into ur servers prefabs-folder ?

back in the days I used a ftp-tool (like Filezilla) to upload the CP-files onto the server I rent

then just exchanged the rwgmixer.xml and I was ready to play BANG

Now it seems it is much more suffisticated and more complex with all these different game-folders, files and modlet-stuff

(complications and misunderstandings are included ;) )

hope that helped

Everything is in the right folder, in the singleplayer it works fine too

Edit:

The problem was resolved by Nitrado !!!

It was a hardware problem, the server is working fine again with mods and Compopack

The RAM and hard drive was damaged. ("Could not allocate memory: system out of memory!")

thanks for the help

Archived