Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Hey guys,

i have a quick question.

Does anyone know what the Prefab on the screenshots is? http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026603195/screenshots/

It spawns way to many useless zombies and i have 3 of those next to each other. I would like to tweek the spawnchance but the cant figure out which prefab that is.

Any help is appreciated ;)

hhmm - useless zobies - hahaha

this is my REALLY WORKING SHOOTING-RANGE !!!

And these zeds in these 4 Bedrock-Chambers are the enemies for the shooting-game one floor below.

It is not created to shoot them down - from the watching-area above !!! Noooooooooo ...

Just go downstairs - and start the shootinggame by shooting the hay-bales on the end of the shootingarea !!!

Then the Zeds will fall down to ur floor - and u can start the shooting - :)

This game just works only 1 single time. Then the chambers are empty - since somebody fills them up again (admin) !!!

...useless zombies - u r funny ;)

Mag

And these zeds in these 4 Bedrock-Chambers are the enemies for the shooting-game one floor below.

It is not created to shoot them down - from the watching-area above !!! Noooooooooo ...

Just go downstairs - and start the shootinggame by shooting the hay-bales on the end of the shootingarea !!!

This game just works only 1 single time. Then the chambers are empty - since somebody fills them up again (admin) !!!

Mag

Thanks for the quick answer.

But one more thing: How exactly does the probability work? I tried setting it really low (0.02 etc.) still spawned, even tried setting it on 0 and the building still spawned 3 times on the same places. Just as i deleted the line of code completly it stopped spawning.

Great mod magoli really adds some meat to the world, but do you know if it is possible to use your prefab mod with barinou's mod? I think they would be awesome together.

dont know !!!

My modifications only belongs to the prefabs and the rwgmixer !!!

I don't tested it with other mods together !!!

But it should work well - because most of them modified other stuff !!!

Mag

I have made progress on towns - I'm pretty sure anyway - I have them reliably populating with lots of prefabs now. So that's everything working at the moment - cities, towns, rurals and wilderness are all very rich and vibrant.

V7MFreE.jpg

Only problems are the stores are still reluctant to spawn, sometimes 1 or 2 will so it is better than before. To make it better I think we'll need the devs to work on the random gen code a bit more.

I'll share an update soon - I'm still running everything off the prerelease of the prefab pack so my LTMod rwgmixer isn't compatible. I'll start converting it over to your new renamed POIs and get an update out soon.

Gj LT, looking forward to hearing from you or regarding how you overcame the blank lots. Thanks.

Mag

Mag a friend and i both run servers and loaded the combo pack. When we found the shooting range prefab and I shot out the haystack downstairs I was on Teamspeak yelling "OMG you have to see this its the most brilliant thing I've ever seen in a Prefab!!"

But a lot of the people on my server don't take the time to check out the entire place, they just see the zombies upstairs and try and kill them from there. Sad really.

@Tahoenvy:

:) - iam glad at least one has used the full function of this prefab.

bad thing that it works only 1 time :(

I have plans to make a shooting-range thats refills automaticly. But I have no clue how to do a everworking trapmechanism for it.

In this version we got now - the admin has to refill the chambers and set the haybaletraps evervy time new !!!

And very often the full amount of zeds dont fall down. Because they are glitched to the bedrockwalls :(

But anyway. It works. And iam very proud of this (one of my best 5) !!!

I hope people check the real function of this building over time.

(In the first version it has a big sign called: MAG SHOOT)

OK - most ppl don't liked the big signs. But this was also a hint everytime - what this is ment to be.

I loved doing such kind of wordplays - but sowhat !

Mag

@Tahoenvy:

:) - iam glad at least one has used the full function of this prefab.

bad thing that it works only 1 time :(

I have plans to make a shooting-range thats refills automaticly. But I have no clue how to do a everworking trapmechanism for it.

In this version we got now - the admin has to refill the chambers and set the haybaletraps evervy time new !!!

And very often the full amount of zeds dont fall down. Because they are glitched to the bedrockwalls :(

But anyway. It works. And iam very proud of this (one of my best 5) !!!

I hope people check the real function of this building over time.

(In the first version it has a big sign called: MAG SHOOT)

OK - most ppl don't liked the big signs. But this was also a hint everytime - what this is ment to be.

I loved doing such kind of wordplays - but sowhat !

Mag

Mag I just wanted to say, well done. I love this mod. I just loaded it up last night and am stoked. It really makes my seed come alive and the hub city looks amazing! Just a quick question, Just my luck I load your mod, get a great base started, im on day 6 and boom a new patch. Has A12.2 broken your mod or will it still work fine ?

I cant test it yet as I am at work :p

Mag I just wanted to say, well done. I love this mod. I just loaded it up last night and am stoked. It really makes my seed come alive and the hub city looks amazing! Just a quick question, Just my luck I load your mod, get a great base started, im on day 6 and boom a new patch. Has A12.2 broken your mod or will it still work fine ?

I cant test it yet as I am at work :p

From what I've tested so far, it seems to be working fine on A12.2. It's still early yet though.

I am not sure what to post as for errors, but this is not working for me on 12.2. I have uninstalled and installed the server again. The server will load 12.2 with no issues. I put the prefab, config and world data into my install, but then the server does not come online where players can connect. I delete the folders and put the originals back in place and the server works again. I am not sure what the error is or what log to provide, but currently the 12.2 server won't load for me with the prefabs.

Gj LT, looking forward to hearing from you or regarding how you overcame the blank lots. Thanks.

Sorry man I am getting smashed at work and having to convert my servers over to 12.2 + my Mod when I got home I'm pretty time poor at the moment so I still haven't converted over to the new prefab names.

Here is my latest rwgmixer.xml - I've made notes and these settings are working really good, might just need tweaking of some things towards your personal flavour. All that needs to be done obviously is Ctrl-H replace every prefab name with the new name Magoli gave it.

If someone who has more time than me wants to convert it over go for it. :)

I have minor experience tweaking the RWGmixer, but am looking over Magoli's version from the v6 pack and LT's. Not entirely sure what I'm looking for however. I still have tweaks in my own RWG file, even though the game updated to 12.2, so I don't 'think' it was changed. (unless I was playing solo while it updated, or had the file open with my changes in notepad++ and overwrote it when I shut down the PC last night)

Was the RWG file updated with the 12.2 patch?

What do I need to look for to tweak on Magoli's version with LT's 'repeated spawning' settings?

(I've got a few hours to kill this morning to test in SP.)

(edit: I've tweaked game files in the past, going back to Rainbow 6 & Ghost Recon way back when, up to Fo3 & New Vegas, but only for personal use, so I'm a little rusty)

Still not sure what to change, there are so many (good) comments in LT's RWG file that I'm a little overwhelmed as to what to tweak.

I'm going to hold off until I look up some more tutorials on what does what in there before trying major modifications, as opposed to changing some lines around.

The rwgmixer wasn't changed at all in the latst patch.

As for the differences between Magoli's and my mixer files the first thing that needs to be done is every reference to a custom prefab needs to be changed over to the new names Magoli has for them.

Alternatively, take my tweaks, and apply them to his mixer file. Look at the differences in how I do TownSmall and WastelandHub. The difference in the pool of buildings I make available for cities and towns, how often I let them repeat and the order they are called. It all helps in small ways.

I'll have more time this weekend to redo my mixer file but it isn't too hard once you understand each section.

hi folks

I studied the changelog.

There are no changes in A12.2 that belongs to the CompoPack v6 !!!

The pack should work like before !!!

I tested it locally and had no new Issues.

The vanilla-rwgmixer.xml in 12.2 looks the same like in A12.0 IMO !!!

(I hoped they added some discribtions - but nope !!!)

If u use my mixer - then u may have unfilled cities (about 3/4 ) and no fine variety in the wildernessPOI's !!!

If u use LT.'s mixer - then he is ur man to answere ur spawning-questions !!!

If u have questions about the POI's - then Iam ur man !!!

With every pack-release i will always release also a basic-rwgmixer.xml with it !!!

The one I delivered in Packv6 is miles away what we had got in PAck v5 !!! - sry for that !!!

But the spawningsystem has changed - and we hardly try to figure out how it works now.

( to get a very fine spawning like in packv5 - or even better ;) ).

btw:

I worked the last days on finding, repairing and reincarnating old and lost Poi's.

Its a little wooden-store(from Guppycur) - a big Office-building from BigC - and real huge courtbuilding (from a guy name tonie)

I had very much work with them (together about 50 hours of work) (no single blockID was right !!!).

I had to be like SherlockHolmes to figure out what every block has to be. In the courthouse even with no pics or nothing !!! ;(

But the pre-repairings are finished now - and i can start the main-repairing soon.

I just gather a few pois for repair - and then rollback , repair and export them again.

I have also worked on some Vanilla-prefabs to make them spawnable in the city and town again (like in pack v5) (resizing) !!!

But now I just wanna play a littlebit

stay tuned

Mag

So after months of lurking I decided to install this pack. I like it.

Mag, do you have a preferred format for bugs? My biggest challenge is not knowing the names of the prefabs, is there a website with thumbnails to look at?

DL the Prefabs-Componist !!!

The programm doesn't work in A12 !!! But there is a folder with almost all the (old) screenshots.

I will deliver the screenshots with the next Compo-Pack also.

Mag

Archived