Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

@Sa-Matra

don't know it for sure.

In the version (v7) i got on my PC at home - it is.

But i dont know since when ???

Was it also in pack6 ???? really don't know yet.

Tonight i can send u the good versions per pm !!!

But right now iam at work

Mag

OK - @home now

the modded factories actual in Packv6

the names are:

factory_lg_01_mod

factory_lg_02_mod

also modded versions of the 2 junkyards are in:

junkyard_lg_mod

junkyard_md_mod

But in Pack7 on my PC here - they got other names ( more to this later ). This was y i was confused about them ;)

OK - now I make another prefab. A liquor-Shop ;)

btw: The other one I made Yesterday was a PAWNSHOP !!! Forgot that to mention.

When its finished i will feed u with a little screenie

Till then

Mag out

Magoli, can I request a prefab change? Can you include plains army camp into your pack? I assume there is a way to prevent wrong camp site spawning in wrong biome, right?

A25BFDA4DDC328A8E2E3280E597A45C4EF594ADA

Oh yes - wonderful - i didn't saw that before or had that in mind !!!

Thx for this !!!

I will make a universal costum-Army-camp from it - that looks good in every biome (ground!) !!!

I also see in the Pic - that i perhaps can shrink it down a little bit - will see.

However - thx for this Info :)

But could it be - that u misunderstood something:

The 2 modded factories and 2 modded Junkyards are already in the Released Packv6 (=last release) !!!

Just wanted to clear that !

K - wanna see what I have done tonight ??? Here it is:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9964[/ATTACH]

Actual I wanted to make a LiquorStore - but there is to much food in the Lootcontainers too ;( !!!

So i accidently created a Grocery-Store with Priority on Drinks !!!

This is y i rather called it Bavarian-Bowse-Store !!!!

Good night

Mag

Awesome, Magoli, I'll check for modded factories and junkyards. I'm still a noob with prefabs and didn't even think universal army camp is even possible, will be amazing if you can make it happen (Maybe modernize it a little with new blocks and another munitions box too).

Bavarian-Bowse-Store looks great, personally I'd prefer it without bedrock though, don't like indestructible or stuff that player supposed to build (like supply boxes) in prefabs.

@LT: yeah - sry for the shamway-sign. I know this is logical displaced !!!! But I wanted a signs there, and I have nothing other Block of that type by now ;)

This is only a placeholder until we get a better speciffic one.

(like the tables we got now. Now we can exchange it with our placeholders we created since gamerelease.

I mean make a table from a pole and a plate above !!!)

If TFP don't deliver a speciffic drinks-sign till game is finished - then i make one ;) !!!!!

It is so or so my plan to support costumblocks in the prefabs. But not in ALpha !!!!!

@Sa-Matra:

I will take a look at the Army-camp(s) now.

Wanna know what is the most difficult when I build a prefab ????

Its to take care of the amount and quality of Lootcontainers. And also the Theme is important !!!!

Believe me:

I rather set an storeshelve - then an Chest. Rather a secureStoreChest - then an ApacheCHest.

Rather 1 - then 3 Nightstands in the sleepingroom (Rather place a plant on the right and left)

To the 2 bedrock-lines on the parkingground:

Here is one of the the themes: "White/Blue" !!!

I needed something white for the Lines on the Parkingground !! And it has to be a earth-type-Block - Not a normal-squared one !!!

So I could use PotassiumNitrat or Bedrock for that. (Sand or Sandstone is to yellow - stone is to gray !!! )

Potassium is Lootable and white/gray/black !!!!

Bedrock is NOT Lootable and White/BLUE/gray !!!!

This is y i decided to take Bedrock. It looks better! It produces no Loot!!! And nobody cares about a single 5block-line of bedrock.

The 2nd time I have used Bedrock was in the Shooting-Range !!!! This had a technical Reason !!! This was an exception !!!

For the rest i never do use Bedrock as buildingmaterial (for walls,grounds or ceillings)

Mag

Idea: Why not use block like white poles? (adobeWhitePole)

5D93F74B0E5FA8BE6654DF4E49CEA47FC7328E23

Another suggestion for your pack, fix church (church_graveyard1) to make it compatible with other biomes and maybe even shirnk it so it can fit in city blocks. Also bell tower is solid, maybe you can change it and have something good hidden there (Munitions box? Safe?). Also roof could use some reinforcements, it can collapse really easily sometimes but overall it is pretty cool prefab I'm going to use it in my setup.

FB8E51371292101B6FC4873867A88C2E9C9D7563

Thx LT & Mag for the replies, I hoped to be able to find a POI and figure out it's coordinates to get the file name and help with screenshot naming. Oh well.

Hey @LT, after finding almost ZERO info about modding on the official forums, I happened across the one you use for your modpack. Was that wiki setup just for your mod, is it intended as a SDTD modder's wiki? Do any other mods have info there?

@Magoli, I'm sure you know, but in case I am wrong, there are loot containers in various buildings that are 'locked' and can't be accessed. They're usually the ones that a player can craft. (food, health, ammo, etc) Making them the generic ones from Shotgun Messiah, Shamway, or the first aid plane airdrop crate would work better from a 'looting' perspective.

I have only opened Hal9000's editor a few times, but is it pretty easy to use that to change the loot containers in the prefabs without screwing things up? I saw Hal's small shack video, but haven't used the tool yet.

I know you (Mag, and someone else) have mentioned the way the City buildings align their 'front' to the street, could you or someone who knows how to fix it set it so the buildings face properly? I understand it can be set, but have no clue how to do it. I ask to have it added to the list of 'stuff to do'.

@everyone who wants a different spawn setup than what comes with the pack. How about getting together to make an alternate RWG xml file setup the way you want it? I mean, if a few people want lots of POIs, or few, or to remove building X, Y and Z, set that up as an alternate XML for people to using instead of the 'standard' one in the pack. Obviously someone would have to create / tweak it and post it. (which can be done at GitHub or elsewhere easily for free)

Thanks Y'all

@Sa-Matra: Have you used Hal9000's prefab editor? I ask because if you are at all familiar with it, then you and I (and maybe some others) could help each other start modifying a few of the prefabs and test them to see that they would be good for it's use in a new pack release. (v7, v8, etc)

I know the luxury house with the glass side windows is structurally weak, (go near the roof and it collapses) and some others could possibly be tweaked as well.

(I don't know if Magoli or others would want 'outsiders' tweaking' the prefabs for the pack, but I would be interested in 'fixing' things like the loot containers (not locked) and structural fixes. It would also be a way to learn how to make / tweak a prefab mod.

hey guys

Yes - I want "outsiders" to learn how to use the editor.

Soon I will gather a little team around me - to split up the work.

I think I already have a pro on my side : LT. surly takes care about the mixer ;) - don't U ???

After Pack7 release - my priority will be to make a detailed tut about prefabbing and spawniong !!!

I want so much ppl as possible beeing able to create prefabs or repair them by their own !!!!

The locked Lootcontainers (Gunsafe and so) is new for me since A12 !?!?!?! (didnT mentioned it before -sry)

I will take care of that !!!!

@Sa-Matra:

A modded version of the "vanilla-curch with graveyard" is also in the packv6 !!!!

Mag

Oh yes - wonderful - i didn't saw that before or had that in mind !!!

Thx for this !!!

I will make a universal costum-Army-camp from it - that looks good in every biome (ground!) !!!

I also see in the Pic - that i perhaps can shrink it down a little bit - will see.

However - thx for this Info :)

But could it be - that u misunderstood something:

The 2 modded factories and 2 modded Junkyards are already in the Released Packv6 (=last release) !!!

Just wanted to clear that !

K - wanna see what I have done tonight ??? Here it is:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9964[/ATTACH]

Actual I wanted to make a LiquorStore - but there is to much food in the Lootcontainers too ;( !!!

So i accidently created a Grocery-Store with Priority on Drinks !!!

This is y i rather called it Bavarian-Bowse-Store !!!!

Good night

Mag

Love the detail work on the glass. Great job mag.

@Magoli, ok I have finally converted over to your latest pack so it is now compatible with my modded rwgmixer.xml.

I'll be added it into my latest mod, but wanted to make it available to you early, you can get it from here.

A few notes though. Cities it does extremely well. They have stores, a variety of prefabs and fill up a big city nicely.

orL5DmF.jpg

Wilderness populates properly and so does Rural in the testing I have done.

The problem child continues to be towns. They rarely spawn stores properly, and do not fill up with POIs.

I have done a huge amount of testing today and learned some things about the .xmls that I'll share.

In the .xml file that goes with each prefabs, I have tested and discovered which options work and do not work. Zoning does nothing, it is left over from old code and it used to relate to zoning the city.

<property name="Zoning" value="CityBlock" /> is what the lot type line in rwgmixer.xml is referring to: <prefab rule="cityBlocks" lot_type="CityBlock"/>

This used to allow you to lay down roads and zone an area for Residential, Commercial, CityBlock etc. Now it does nothing.

DisallowedBiomes does nothing. The only thing that matters is "AllowedTownships". Townships refer specifically to this part of the rwgmixer.xml:

<hub_rule name="townSmall">
		[color="#FFD700"]<hub_type value="town"/>[/color]
		<width value="246, 246" />
		<height value="246, 246" />
		<path_material value="asphalt" />
		<path_radius value="5" />

<prefab_rule name="townSmall" prob="1"/>
	</hub_rule>

If you make it hub type = city, it'll allow the Prefab Rule to generate city blocks using this line: <prefab rule="cityBlocks" lot_type="CityBlock"/>

If you make it "town", it'll draw roads using the town method and will not allow the cityBlocks method. Rural works, the code places the POIs along a main road. Suburb does not work, and Commerical does not work. Wilderness obviously works.

So the Hub type is what tells a location how to behave, whether to be a town, city, rural etc.

I was going to use this to mod the city blocks and create town blocks, but I ran into issues in that there are certain parts that are absolutely hard coded and not driven by the rwgmixer.xml. For example, the game will only generate proper blocks if the prefab rule is called "cityBlocks", e.g this works - <prefab rule="cityBlocks" lot_type="CityBlock"/>, this does not - <prefab rule="townBlocks" lot_type="CityBlock"/> So the game is reading the rwgmixer.xml file but it is also hard coded to look for specific things.

This means I haven't found a way to copy the city block templates and remake them as small town avenues with trees, grass etc. I got started but was unable to make them specific to towns, I did get some interesting city views though:

EqcIsxu.jpg

I'll keep working on towns, I still feel there is a way to trick the city hub rule code into making a town, but what this testing tells me is the problem with towns is hard coded into the Hub type. So Hub type for town has a flaw in its code, whereas Hub type for city works correctly. This means we'll need to report this info to the devs to fix. Not much we can mod with the town hubs until it is fixed.

In testing your latest pack I saw some of the POIs you had grouped together, these look REALLY good so nice work there.

I may have found one mistake, or maybe you like it this way:

Is there meant to be a barn here in the city?

lc9swId.jpg

If I suddenly make a breakthrough on towns I'll shoot you through the fix, for now they'll be a bit dodgey, with lots of spare space:

Ac5sDLD.jpg

Best I can do for now.. :)

Hi LT, thanks for doing the testing on this. It surely has saved me some time. Just a thought, regarding the limitations for lot types, would it be possible to create another variation of the city lot prefabs and reference that instead? Sure it would have similar layout to cities but probably would be a good workaround for now.

Hey guys just finished a quick prefab request for the server community I play with and will post it shortly. Think of it as an automotive store plus service center.

Its 44x45 and will fit into cities. Feel free to add to pack if you desire. :)

Hi LT, thanks for doing the testing on this. It surely has saved me some time. Just a thought, regarding the limitations for lot types, would it be possible to create another variation of the city lot prefabs and reference that instead? Sure it would have similar layout to cities but probably would be a good workaround for now.

That is exactly what I did. Check it out.

<prefab_rule name="cityBlocks">
                       <prefab name="rg_waste_hub_blk_quartered"/>
                       <prefab name="rg_waste_hub_blk_half"/>
                       <prefab name="rg_waste_hub_blk_t"/>
                       <prefab name="rg_waste_hub_blk_full"/>
               </prefab_rule>

<prefab_rule name="townBlocks">
                       <prefab name="rg_town_hub_blk_quartered"/>
                       <prefab name="rg_town_hub_blk_half"/>
                       <prefab name="rg_town_hub_blk_t"/>
                       <prefab name="rg_town_hub_blk_full"/>
               </prefab_rule>

Because I can't tell the new modded blocks only to appear in towns I have the idea for another approach. If I mod them to use terrainfiller and take on the ground of the biome I might be able to use them in cities or towns. Then it is just the building mix and size characteristics that determines a town. The downside is that you get decals that are like a city and you lose the ability to do town specific block details like property fences.

The problem is as I said in the above post - perhaps not too clearly - is that the game specifically reads the rwgmixer.xml to look for "CityBlocks" and does not apply the same grid building mechanic for "townBlocks". This has caused me to rethink my approach. The city blocks will also not generate if the hub type is a town. So it is almost like I need to make another city variant that uses these modded blocks.

To be honest a huge amount of possibilities would open up if I could let Kinjayuu know which parts of the rwgmixer.xml and random gen are working and get some stuff updated in the next patch but I lost my direct chat privileges after giving madmole a serve over dedicated server performance... ;)

Can't seem to find it, can you hint me?

Oh - yes - sry my mistake !!! Its not in !!!!

It was in the Pack since version 5 !!!!

But it was only block-changed - shamly not renamed by me. So after A12 the game don't accept my modded one anymore - because it had the original vanillaname - and these are protected now by eac !!!

The game itself exchanged it again with its vanilla one during install !!!

So in Packv6 this Graveyard is not in !!!

But good u remembered me about it. It is now on my todo-list !!!

I gotta take the v5-version, rename it, and gotta check if it works in a12 !!!

Thanks for ur request - that turned into a good Info ;)

Mag

Alright, I've been learning more and more about prefabs placement and it looks like there is really no hardcoded *exact* size check when placing prefabs in cities. For example I was able to have city spawn small corn fields just by changing its .xml:

<property name="AllowedTownships" value="city,town,rural" />

A6C505C101CF54A2567E1D20B56DA59AC5F5B53D

Objects that exceed city block size however do not spawn no matter what.

Towns work differently, first game generates random roads and then attempts to find place suitable for prefab to be spawned, if its a big prefab there is a chance that it wouldn't fit anywhere and wouldn't spawn at all so prefabs for cities need to be as small as possible. Biggest difference between cities and towns is that it takes AllowedBiomes into account. For example cornfield with

<property name="AllowedBiomes" value="forest,pine_forest,desert" />

45B7453AFD4C7F34B6FFA8FC62B81EFA0629301C

will spawn properly if town appeared in plains biome. But if we remove "plains" biome from the list town will spawn empty

<property name="AllowedBiomes" value="plains,forest,pine_forest,desert" />

DD2B5A6CC6CB9EA502E45668460E3C6437D2264E

So in conclusion:

AllowedBiomes\DisallowedBiomes doesn't matter when prefab is spawned in city

AllowedBiomes\DisallowedBiomes matters when prefab is spawned in town, rural and wilderness

AllowedTownships has to be present in .xml otherwise it wouldn't spawn anywhere when used in rwgmixer.

Archived