Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

@ Testers:

Thx so far for the first pics u sent me.

U guys do a great job. Its true - 12 eyes see more then 2 :)

I found some strange places too - check this out - lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9488[/ATTACH]

2 vanilla spawn together - YESSSSSS!!!!!! - Its not only the costum prefabs :) !!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9489[/ATTACH]

The pistol-gunshop spawned in the middle of a townstreet !!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9490[/ATTACH]

and god said: "THE TOWN HAS TO BE FLAT AND EVEN !!!!!!!!!!! No matter what is around !!!!!" - lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9491[/ATTACH]

ISSue ore overgrown by time - who knows ?!?!?!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9492[/ATTACH]

This spawntogether created a complete new prefab - lol

K - back to buisness:

Now i gotta fix/check some things the testers have reported so far.

Mag out

I have seen the uneven/raised towns (3rd screenshot) in Random Gen without your prefab pack in. So I don't think this is your pack doing this. Someone mentioned in another thread that you could lower the elevation settings and fix some of this, but I don't know that there is a way around it easily.

I haven't seen anything game breaking during testing. I have seen a few odd spawns and here and there but overall it looks pretty good. I would call it usable in its current state. The odd spawns were main some building on uneven land other than that I didnt see much I would call broken.

I haven't seen anything game breaking during testing. I have seen a few odd spawns and here and there but overall it looks pretty good. I would call it usable in its current state. The odd spawns were main some building on uneven land other than that I didnt see much I would call broken.

A lot of that is the random gen engine / rwgmixer at work. It doesn't have the same "smoothing" boundaries that the previous mixer had. So the terrian that was there gets its elevation overridden by the POI placement engine at the time of placement.

A lot of that is the random gen engine / rwgmixer at work. It doesn't have the same "smoothing"

boundaries that the previous mixer had. So the terrian that was there gets its elevation overridden by the POI placement engine at the time of placement.

I'm assuming this is for wilderness POIs? If so, what I find helps is adding several layers

Under the prefab so that if it is inserted over a curved surface, the air blocks underneath are filled in.

Doing this is helps when dealing with large prefabs. Otherwise you run into SI issues.

For example, my prison (larger than 100x100) has at least 5 layers of stone underneath it. I just make sure to set the yoffset so the extra layers are submerged.

I'm assuming this is for wilderness POIs? If so, what I find helps is adding several layers

Under the prefab so that if it is inserted over a curved surface, the air blocks underneath are filled in.

Doing this is helps when dealing with large prefabs. Otherwise you run into SI issues.

For example, my prison (larger than 100x100) has at least 5 layers of stone underneath it. I just make sure to set the yoffset so the extra layers are submerged.

Good tip. I'll be guided by your experience in this area. I have had spent almost no time on custom prefabs.

yeah Wilderness POIs can be anywhere within the cell area, The hubs are generally close to the middle of the cell, unless the hub is almost the same size as the cell then you could have an issue with terrain clipping.

Also yes the way you have the RWGmixer settings it is possible to have another city like the main one spawn(6% chance in any given Cell with Mag's settings).

I edited the rwgmixer.xml myself using some of what you did (thanks for alphabetizing the xml file) I have about 7 new hubs I added plus 4 cells... I added a Rural hub like the one you had, I also built an Industrial Complex Cell. I'm testing it at the moment and if things go like I hope I'll have some awesome news.

Hey Mag - testing complete. Took a while, lucky I had one of my team to help or I'd go crazy. ;)

Good work on all of these, none crashed or caused any errors, just a few tweaks needed and then a few that didn't load at all.

Full report here.

Wow LT, good job! Thanks for helping Magoli and the community!

Is the hospital from the Navezgane map in the pack by chance? If not, can it be added?

actual its not !!! not sure if i can readd it - its really big.

But TFP let the big sawmill spawn in RWG. And this is one of the biggest vanilla-prefabs !!!

This could mean - that big prefabs no more a problem now. I will test it soon.

Would be very cool - if we could readd our big costums again too !!!

tonight i will take stand to the testreports.

Mag

hey guys

thx for the great testing-work. U helped me a lot with infos on different stuff !!!

iam about to check and notice all the stuff that must be changed right now. Some little Issues i also fix at this opportunity.

No result today - because i have got another PM's with stuff that has to be checked.

All I can say so far is:

- The old Issue with the misrotated stairs is still alive. (when the whole prefab gets rotated) (not all stairs - not always !!!)

- The old Spawning-together Issue is still alive !!!

- Trees still clip with its limbs into houses (bushes and everything else also !!!)

- The Biome-decoration (especially the wasty) don't care about buildings or whatever - i mean the uncontrolled dirthumps !!!

- some blocks have still a mesh-Issue - and look like empty and unfilled (woodpole,airconditioner,...)

I try to fix the most nasty Issues - and then release the Pack. But its very NOT how i want it to be. The v5-version was very close to what i have in my mind. But now with the a12-mixer there are so amazing new stuff possible - its wonderful.

But to use its full potential will be very much work guys.

--I have to test and convert/repair the "old" big v4-prefabs. And also check for Lootcontainersamount, Litlights and the new Concretestairs-Issue (i didn't talked about that yet) - and finaly check if they spawn now fine without Issues !!!

-- weekend I have to check (and fix) all the vanilla-prefabs and their xml-files. And because i believe they are protected by eac now too, I have to make costums-prefabs of them. But this i have to test before also !!!

-- When all prefabs and their xmls are fine - i will be able to take care about a better and sinful spawning.

And then - there is some other stuff to do too:

Find and add new prefabs to the pack - add decals to ALL costum-prefabs - make some new ones by maself:) - enable more different city/town -types

It looks like the work will take no end - but i really want to join gaming again too.

I didnt played the game regular for weeks :(

However - good night

mag out

:) Can't wait for the prefab pack either. I won't "release" the server I'm working on until this is released so <3 Thank you for creating it and if you need anymore testers (I know you said you don't) let me know!

.....I try to fix the most nasty Issues - and then release the Pack.....

Great to hear things are progressing well! It would be awesome if you released the pack after you have fixed the nasty issues. For me, I'm not too concerned about all the new stuff you can do with A12 random gen, I would rather have some new prefabs and then come back in a few weeks to see if you've made an even better pack with all the new A12 features included.

I believe that was already your plan, but I'm just double checking. Thank you

Great to hear things are progressing well! It would be awesome if you released the pack after you have fixed the nasty issues. For me, I'm not too concerned about all the new stuff you can do with A12 random gen, I would rather have some new prefabs and then come back in a few weeks to see if you've made an even better pack with all the new A12 features included.

I believe that was already your plan, but I'm just double checking. Thank you

Yes - i wanna drop a playable a12 version of the pack as soon as possible.

And after that i will take my time to work on the prefabs and spawning !!!

btw:

belongs to the Spawning-together-Issue:

Now i know for sure: It is not the fault of the custom-prefabs or vanillas !!!

Its still the same Bug in the worldgenerator. Even with the new Rwg-mixer !!!

Because this Issue happens to 2costums - also 2vanillas - also 1costum/1vanilla !!!!

I don't know what to do in this case

Only answere i know is: WAITING for a better worldgeneretor-engine !!!

I only have to check/repair a few things - then I will release it !!! And show some testresults too

stay tuned

Mag

The old Issue with the misrotated stairs is still alive. (when the whole prefab gets rotated) (not all stairs - not always !!!)

I think you could create a prefab for each rotation or did you find another solution?

I think you could create a prefab for each rotation or did you find another solution?

that could work - when i make a rule for each prefab - but would be very much work (about 30 hours)!!!

A easier way could be - to just exchange the naugthy stairs with say woodstairs.

I hope TFP will fix these bugs soon.

I don't want to change any blocks yet - just because the game is to stupid to rotate them how its should be !!!

Especially when all the other bugs are still alive !!!!

I got many other work to. Lets wait for the official bugfix.

If someone of u guys would like to exchange all the buggy stairs from about 110 prefabs - pls PM me !!!

Else this theme is closed for me for now !!!

Mag

- some blocks have still a mesh-Issue - and look like empty and unfilled (woodpole,airconditioner,...)

mag out

Some of them might be no issues at all.

Leaving parts of a mesh "open" on places you usually never see them is a common technique to reduce unnecessary calculations and therefore get some extra fps.

Sometimes a level-designer has to be careful where to use objects, because they might should be used as something else / on a specific place to avoid having these "mesh-issues".

http://prntscr.com/7qoj7j

For example a woodpole like this could ment to be only used as an electic woodpole. You wouldn´t see the "open" part of the mesh, because its either high above you and unreachable or somehow completed by another object on top of it to keep it modular.

Btw.: A Mesh is built out of 3 components:

- Vertices, which is are points in a 3D room

- Edges, which are "lines" between vertices

- Faces, which are surfaces betweens 3 or more edges

Faces do face in only one direction making them visible from one side and transparent on the other. So if you see a mesh that is somehow incomplete/invisible inside like the example above you are usually looking on the wrong side of a face.

Some of them might be no issues at all.

Leaving parts of a mesh "open" on places you usually never see them is a common technique to reduce unnecessary calculations and therefore get some extra fps.

Sometimes a level-designer has to be careful where to use objects, because they might should be used as something else / on a specific place to avoid having these "mesh-issues".

http://prntscr.com/7qoj7j

For example a woodpole like this could ment to be only used as an electic woodpole. You wouldn´t see the "open" part of the mesh, because its either high above you and unreachable or somehow completed by another object on top of it to keep it modular.

Btw.: A Mesh is built out of 3 components:

- Vertices, which is are points in a 3D room

- Edges, which are "lines" between vertices

- Faces, which are surfaces betweens 3 or more edges

Faces do face in only one direction making them visible from one side and transparent on the other. So if you see a mesh that is somehow incomplete/invisible inside like the example above you are usually looking on the wrong side of a face.

wow - very interresting infos. I didn't play around much with 3d-objects. Just a littlebit tryouts in BlitzBasic.

All my programs and games are 2d (iam a very old man - lol).

for me its really no problem since i play this game. But 2 of my testers has mentioned it. So i took stand to that.

(IMO TFP will take care about somewhere in future - if not: so what !!)

Iam about to fix the last few things. Then i tweak the rwgmixer a little bit to get a betterlooking spawn.

I will take almost all advices for the spawning LT. has given me (if its technical possible to me !!!)

btw:

I think the testingphase can be stopped now. Thanks to u all ;)

I will write a report about the test-results when i have more time.

Mag out

Big thanks to everyone involved in getting this built and updated. I have a server that I'm not pushing out until I have this pack running and I'm really hoping to see that happen this weekend. I'm keeping watch for an update.

I play alot of single player in 7dtd and i've pretty much see every vanllia prefab, would be nice to have this pack for a12 so I can find some new things out there.

Knowing Mag...he's working hard on it. I am sure he'll get this out soon! Be patient, it's worth the wait!

I play alot of single player in 7dtd and i've pretty much see every vanllia prefab, would be nice to have this pack for a12 so I can find some new things out there.

This pack is for Multi player, I wasn't sure if you knew that

Archived