Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

So from my experience prob is not a weighted chance selection from available options by rather having engine walk through list of properties and evaluate their probabilities individually.

Say we have following config

<Property prob="0.5"/> <!-- 1 -->
<Property prob="0.5"/> <!-- 2 -->
<Property prob="0.5"/> <!-- 3 -->

First game will check property 1 and do 50% (0.5) check if it should be selected. If it fails, it goes to property 2 and does 50% (0.5) check again, then same for property 3. What happen if nothing gets selected, probably falls back to default or does nothing, depending on where config is used (loot, weather, prefabs). Basically your prob values should be below 1.

Can some experienced modders confirm or deny my theory based on observations?

First off: Great work, thank you!

I don't know if the bugs are related to the pack, but I hope it helps you. Some things I found:

The way to a small town is cut:

citiy_cut.jpg.175f120136bd3e65379a76328132b5d7.jpg

A strange road:

strange_road.thumb.jpg.96dc9526b767a620a3b95a4562381d3f.jpg

Two buildings next to each other in a town. One wall is missing:

2129328764_missingwall.thumb.jpg.b86b7154dde46fec1ce168de8be027ea.jpg

An empty space in town. It looks like a spawn point for POI which doesn't work:

missing_place.thumb.jpg.68b4d250c0876b9f7177c7bde55f62ed.jpg

First off: Great work, thank you!

I don't know if the bugs are related to the pack, but I hope it helps you. Some things I found:

The way to a small town is cut:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10067[/ATTACH]

A strange road:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10068[/ATTACH]

Two buildings next to each other in a town. One wall is missing:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10069[/ATTACH]

An empty space in town. It looks like a spawn point for POI which doesn't work:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10070[/ATTACH]

The top one is definitely odd.

The "strange road" is just something that occurs in the RWG mixer since a12. It had a chance to happen in a11, but was much more rare because of how the biomes were set up.

The two buildings is interesting. I had a building out in the middle of nowhere just cut in half, but I think it might have been my fault from playing with the files.

Check underground to see if the POI is there. If not, it might just be an empty lot. I've seen a few of them. RWG may have randomly selected a larger POI to put there and then tossed it because it wouldn't fit also.

These are areas that will only improve if you provide feedback to the devs about it. I don't see much conversation about this in the announcement threads and the devs mostly do not spend any time elsewhere so best to bring it to their attention there.

@SylenThunder:

thx for the pics

These are all World-Spawning-Issues.

They have nothing to do with the Prefabs or rhe rwgmixer. So i can't do nothing against it !!!!

Mag

hehee they weren't my pics. @Apocalypticus posted those, and i was explaining how they are a result of the world spawn mixer, not the prefab pack. :snowman:

i don't know the name of the prefabs, so sorry in advance.

Some (all) that have a premade garden like the shooting range have still "yellow flowers" planted instead of "Goldenrod Flower" . I think "yellow flower" was the old name for goldenrod. At least they look the same.

But it was only block-changed - shamly not renamed by me. So after A12 the game don't accept my modded one anymore - because it had the original vanillaname - and these are protected now by eac !!!

I'd noticed this... Does that mean I could take something like ranger_station1.tts, copy it and rename is to alexanderq_ranger_station1.tts, mod it using the editor, add it to the rwgmixer and remove the original ranger_station1.tts and have essentially succeeded in modding a vanilla prefab and not hurting EAC's feelings?

Absolutely gorgeous LT. I'm looking over your Mod now (I'm pretty new to 7D2D mods, you guys are remarkable.)

Loving the new pre-fabs from this mod Magoli, a lot of talent in their design. Possibly the luck of my spawn each time, but I've seen a HEAVY favoring towards a couple types of structures in my games so far. I'm not certain what to call each building, but the one mostly built from reinforced concrete with the "shooting gallery" of different zombies kept inside seem to generate a vast amount of the time outside of cities. I've encountered a couple pyramids, a couple golf courses (amazing, by the way), a public pool, a couple missile/rocket depot, and well over a dozen of these zombie galleries, often nearly touching each other.

I have not yet tried creative mode to fly around and explore a larger sample size, so this is coming from a very limited 3-4 new games and running around the immediate area and up a few roads. I absolutely love the new buildings, but I do wish I had the knowledge to modify things to greatly lower the extremely rewarding buildings to a minimum making them more of a scarce and welcome surprise. I am trying to combine the added difficulty of packs like The Walking Dead or LT's pack while adding these fun new structures and would love the feeling of finding one of these buildings and thanking the RNG Gods for saving me.

Thanks for the magnificent work, and am looking forward to further innovation.

@Magoli -

Ok mate, converted over to use your latest pack, as well as introduced my modded cityblocks.

I'm liking the new look personally :)

uPm9kCQ.jpg

Can download the rwgmixer as well as the new cityblock prefabs from my mod thread.

I did this exact thing way back in A10, still have the screenshots of it too. Do the prefab tools still work in A12 or do I have to do something new?

I put this nod it and nothing, I put the prefabs in the prefab folder and the rwgmixer in the config folder and I didn't get any new buildings

Did you start a new map? It cannot add things to the areas that were already mapped. You don't need to start a whole new game, but you will need to at least delete the region files for the areas you want to be re-mapped with the new buildings.

Archived