Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

6 minutes ago, seven said:

I'm a little more worried about the lack of brass in loot. We'll no longer find trophies, candlesticks and doorknobs in trash?

I'm pretty sure you'll just find straight up brass in loot now rather than all the unnecessary brass objects that you either scrapped or melted down in the forge.

17 minutes ago, MichaelL. said:

It all depends.  I would rely quite a bit on breaking down trash bags and the like that are outside on the streets to get plastic for steel arrows/bolts - or for some other recipe (usually in a last-minute panic to prep for horde night ;) ).  Has the occurrence of plastic in loot been balanced to cover the removal of this harvestable resource from trash bags and other random decor blocks?  If there were a recipe to craft your own scrap polymers in the chem station, that would be a good option.  

Same applies for the feathers to make stone/iron arrows/bolts - I would usually take the time to break down the nests to get more fathers out of them.  Are there going to be more 'lootable' feathers in the nests to compensate for this loss of a harvestable resource? 

Or... will skilling up in Archery increase the amount of feathers you can loot/harvest from nests/vultures/chickens?

You'll find plenty. Loot and harvest lists have been changed to accommodate. Traders also sell more goods now too.

Eggs - Again, you'll find plenty. Even so, with the new crafting skill magazines, you'll be able to make all kinds of different foods without having to worry about perks.

2 minutes ago, Callum123456789 said:

I'm pretty sure you'll just find straight up brass in loot now rather than all the unnecessary brass objects that you either scrapped or melted down in the forge.

Yes, we simplified all that scrapping. Where there was once a trophy, you'll find the equivalent amount of brass or lead. 

1 hour ago, Old Crow said:

Not to mention eggs. I hope they took that into account, unless harvesting chickens and vultures will have a chance to give eggs now (I dunno if I want to eat zombie vulture eggs though lol)

Just need a little hot sauce. 😁

55 minutes ago, seven said:

I'm a little more worried about the lack of brass in loot. We'll no longer find trophies, candlesticks and doorknobs in trash?

It'll all be plain brass instead of having different types that are all basically the same thing.

On 6/5/2023 at 12:09 PM, faatal said:

They are a combination that goes together to meet a general performance target. Moving any setting lower from a preset is not bad and should simply increase performance.

That should not be the case, but I'm curious to see how it runs for you.

Thanks ill definitely let you know how it runs for me.

XUi Credits controller now supports loading custom credits XMLs. Also supports multiple templates for categories/credit lines

This is a welcome surprise. I (and other modders) use assets that require credits, and before the only way to do this was through a README file in your repo or something similar. Being able to add in-game credits will be much better.

Would it be possible to add a small "POI already done" marker on quest selection dialog?

At the moment I use my brain notepad for this or scrolling down the quest log for already done POIs.

Condition for already done: Player received at least 1 quest reward from trader for this POI

6 minutes ago, Thaledwyn said:

Would it be possible to add a small "POI already done" marker on quest selection dialog?

At the moment I use my brain notepad for this or scrolling down the quest log for already done POIs.

Condition for already done: Player received at least 1 quest reward from trader for this POI

Not exactly, but we do have some changes coming that will not only try to keep duplicate POI's to a minimum in RWG, but the quest system will track them internally and not offer ones you've already done for that trader. The internal tracking will reset though if you do not quest within 7 game days.
We've also added the Infestation Quest that will add to the mix of quest offerings as well as elevate the experience for POI's you may have already completed previously.

35 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

Not exactly, but we do have some changes coming that will not only try to keep duplicate POI's to a minimum in RWG, but the quest system will track them internally and not offer ones you've already done for that trader. The internal tracking will reset though if you do not quest within 7 game days.
We've also added the Infestation Quest that will add to the mix of quest offerings as well as elevate the experience for POI's you may have already completed previously.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

Btw. as a German I am curious about the origin of your... ehm... nick name...

@schwanz9000 since we are currently on the topic of questing is there a way for the user to manually edit the quests tracking range within the quests.xml file I noticed in alpha 20 there wasn't so I'm not sure if it is internally built in somewhere I just thought having different quest ranges could be good for a more exploration filled world rather than always getting them at around 300 metres away.

As always thanks for answering our questions it's much appreciated!

Edited by Callum123456789 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, schwanz9000 said:

Yup!

fishing-fail-failarmy.gif

55 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

Honestly, I'll kinda miss selling that pile of tat to the traders every trader reset

Junk turret ammo uses lead now so you might want to hold onto the lead you find in loot still...

10 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

fishing-fail-failarmy.gif

Junk turret ammo uses lead now so you might want to hold onto the lead you find in loot still...

Thanks for that, I always thought the regular and ap junk turret ammo was way too easy to craft for a very reliable ranged weapon the extra layer of materials added to craft should slow it down considerably and won't make it an easy way to earn a good amount of dukes early game.

All in all nice change good to see that finally changed however that lead loot in trash....I dunno I feel like me and many others are just gonna throw it away lol.

36 minutes ago, Callum123456789 said:

@schwanz9000 since we are currently on the topic of questing is there a way for the user to manually edit the quests tracking range within the quests.xml file I noticed in alpha 20 there wasn't so I'm not sure if it is internally built in somewhere I just thought having different quest ranges could be good for a more exploration filled world rather than always getting them at around 300 metres away.

As always thanks for answering our questions it's much appreciated!

POI's are now put into distance "buckets" and are then pulled out to make up the quest offerings based on the type and tier level. I've seen quest offerings at a wide range of distances from the trader.