Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

15 hours ago, Roland said:

Pick from May 8th, 15th, 22nd, or 29th. I think we’ll know in the next couple days if it is the 8th or not. Weekend of the 15th is Mother’s Day. Weekend of the 29th is Memorial Day which is typically a day off for TFP. 

Im guessing it’s either the 22nd or it’ll be June. Of course, mothers can turn like anyone else so maybe the 15th.

Safest is to assume June honestly and then be pleasantly surprised if it happens this month. 

So is the 8th or the 22nd then.

So, in a few days of no message then it's the 22nd... or not May*.

*Give or take a month :)

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Aldranon said:

Of course, some streamers will edit out anything that makes them look... less than amazing.  The ones that live stream and succeed, props to them for sure.

Unless I'm mistaken, streamer weekend is purely live-stream. No one is getting the game on Friday, recording a bunch of content then taking hours to edit that down to be released as VODs within the same weekend. That's a complete waste of time.

Also, as side note, I wouldn't call content creators who typically pre-record their content (i.e. JaWoodle, GunsNerds&Steel, etc.) streamers. They're just content creators. Streamer implies live-stream. That being said, I don't know about JaWoodle, but GNS will be live-streaming during the event.

56 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

Unless I'm mistaken, streamer weekend is purely live-stream. No one is getting the game on Friday, recording a bunch of content then taking hours to edit that down to be released as VODs within the same weekend. That's a complete waste of time.

Also, as side note, I wouldn't call content creators who typically pre-record their content (i.e. JaWoodle, GunsNerds&Steel, etc.) streamers. They're just content creators. Streamer implies live-stream. That being said, I don't know about JaWoodle, but GNS will be live-streaming during the event.

It's not *just* for streamers, as I understand it youtubers are welcome to make videos too. They just need 5k+ subs and to apply, and they get access.

3 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Took me a bit to find a cooking pot this time through (although I did loot 2 grills lol) and also had a 1km hike to the trader.  Because I could only cook crappy foods, I tried to focus looting kitchens for cooking magazines so I could make the grilled meats.

How many magazines you need for bacon and eggs ? More than 10 or less?

1 hour ago, Syphon583 said:

It depends on the time zone. The Fun Pimps usually release the version for the streamers at 4 pm CST. That's 11 pm in most of Europe and in Australia it is between 5 and 7 am. Not the best time for a live-stream.

1 hour ago, Gronal said:

It's not *just* for streamers, as I understand it youtubers are welcome to make videos too. They just need 5k+ subs and to apply, and they get access.

Interesting concept, but since you can stream to YouTube and only have 2 days jump on the content, streaming would certainly be to their benefit.  Not sure if the streamer weekend agreement includes "stream only" but they do hand pick the streamers.

15 hours ago, Roland said:

Pick from May 8th, 15th, 22nd, or 29th. I think we’ll know in the next couple days if it is the 8th or not. Weekend of the 15th is Mother’s Day. Weekend of the 29th is Memorial Day which is typically a day off for TFP. 

Im guessing it’s either the 22nd or it’ll be June. Of course, mothers can turn like anyone else so maybe the 15th.

Safest is to assume June honestly and then be pleasantly surprised if it happens this month. 

Maybe July or August or maybe next year. My god.. if i give out such information to my customers, they  would go to the competition.

@Roland ..you dont know either. then plz delete the "may" entry. Its Just annoying. First  make the players hot an push them in the head. makes sense.really.

47 minutes ago, LTKarhel said:

Maybe July or August or maybe next year. My god.. if i give out such information to my customers, they  would go to the competition.

@Roland ..you dont know either. then plz delete the "may" entry. Its Just annoying. First  make the players hot an push them in the head. makes sense.really.

First of all, I did not say maybe July or August or maybe next year. That was all you. I said maybe June. That is really the latest it could slip to in my opinion.

Secondly, what do you do? That kind of matters if you are going to compare your profession to video game development.

Thirdly, what competition is there in the video game industry that would cause customers to fulfill all their gaming desires and make it so they can just replace this game with another one? So what if they get tired of waiting and go play something else? That's exactly what they SHOULD do. They can always return to play this game again later. People rarely leave a game forever and "take all their money with them"-- especially since there is no ongoing payments customers have to make. All updates are free. The way you are making the scenario that customers will either buy/play our game OR buy/play our competition's game is pretty silly. Most will buy/play both if they both look like something they want to play.

Fourthly, "may" was given as an estimated target date and most people want to know that information so even though I can't say with certainty that they will be ready during the month of may--until we hear differently it will remain May. If we get past May 15th then I will probably change it to May-June.

Sorry, I don't understand your hot an push sentence. I don't get what you think I was trying to do with my statement you quoted. Someone asked if there was an exact date. I posted the four possible dates in May it could be with some considerations to think about for some of them and then I said that it could slip to June. If that is some kind of "hot an push" maneuver then you'll have to help me see it...

20 minutes ago, Roland said:

Sorry, I don't understand your hot an push sentence. I don't get what you think I was trying to do with my statement you quoted. Someone asked if there was an exact date. I posted the four possible dates in May it could be with some considerations to think about for some of them and then I said that it could slip to June. If that is some kind of "hot an push" maneuver then you'll have to help me see it...

People are just very anxious.

Speaks well of the game. 

5 hours ago, JamesKirk said:

In the meanwhile you can all have a look into Nathans life. If you've missed the news, he got a series about himself

on Netflix, called FUBAR 🤣

🖖

EDIT: Just kidding

Just wanted to clarify that it's Lathan, not Nathan, as I've seen many people on stream making that same mistake.

2 hours ago, Roland said:

First of all, I did not say maybe July or August or maybe next year. That was all you. I said maybe June. That is really the latest it could slip to in my opinion.

Secondly, what do you do? That kind of matters if you are going to compare your profession to video game development.

Of course it came from me, Roland. 

But I'll let you talk about it. Sometime this year  the patch come out.  and i idon't feel like writing everything using google translate. my english skills  have been rusty for more than 40 years. i don't feel like translating all this. sorry. have fun you.  i devote myself to other games first. bye

One thing that I would like to see a change in is the perk tree. 

For example: In advanced Engineering, the first skill you can get is blacksmithing. But if you get the book, you can already make the forge. I know that it can help with efficiency but I would not mind being able to bypass this since I can already make the forge though a skill book

Maybe bypass the need for a point if you already found the skill book for it? 

29 minutes ago, sillls said:

For example: In advanced Engineering, the first skill you can get is blacksmithing. But if you get the book, you can already make the forge. I know that it can help with efficiency but I would not mind being able to bypass this since I can already make the forge though a skill book

That's already going to change in A21 - schematics and recipes will no longer be gained via the perk trees nor from found schematics (with the exception of mods).

53 minutes ago, Roland said:

:wth:

Don't call me Nathan.

That face just says "Why oh why did Rick give a release date?"

35 minutes ago, sillls said:

This is all changed for A21.  All crafting schematics and recipes are learned by magazines and the perks do not teach you these.  Perks will give other benefits, such as speed or fewer resources needed.