AH-64 Apache Helicopter

Zilox

This mod adds a AH-64 Apache Helicopter. The controls are the same as the gyrocopter, except W will lift you upward instead of forward like a helicopter would.

The AH-64 Apache Helicopter can be unlocked with the vehicle crafting skill magazine at level 100. You can also find the parts bundle for completing tier 5 and 6 quests.

Missiles can be fired from the helicopter by pressing G while you have the helicopter missile ammo in your inventory. Alternatively you can use the number keys to fire each weapon individually, numbers 1 and 2 are used for the helicopter.

The fire key can be changed in the controls settings menu under the vehicles section.

Features
Working missiles
Faster flying speed
Larger storage
More fuel capacity
High durability
Can be dyed
2 seats

Credits
Special thanks to Closer_Ex for the vehicle weapon system and Ragsy and Bdubyah for the helicopter xml.

DOWNLOAD

REQUIRED MODS:

Custom Particle Loader
Custom Particle Loader Multi Explosion

Custom Player Actions Manager

Vehicle Weapon

Quartz

7-days-to-die-ah-64-apache-helicopter-2.jpg.40c7225efe7cc5389a38178ea17f3ae2.jpg7-days-to-die-ah-64-apache-helicopter-additional-screenshot-1b.jpg.d00957b5e81914de555d4e1818ee95b0.jpg7-days-to-die-ah-64-apache-helicopter-additional-screenshot-2b.jpg.857e26e5aa700a7391ea889de28d7c82.jpg7-days-to-die-ah-64-apache-helicopter-additional-screenshot-3b.jpg.e276f2367df8838c82efae8b12ba8677.jpg7-days-to-die-ah-64-apache-helicopter-additional-screenshot-4a.jpg.53edb0c408fbb02f82919842d63fb890.jpg

Edited by Zilox
Update required mod links (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

I can't get this thing to shoot. Like I tried using my primary and secondary action buttons but it won't shoot.

If I use the interact button (default E button) I exit the helicopter and fall to my death...lol

So what button do I use? Like what is it listed as in the options? 

27 minutes ago, Zagan said:

I can't get this thing to shoot. Like I tried using my primary and secondary action buttons but it won't shoot.

If I use the interact button (default E button) I exit the helicopter and fall to my death...lol

So what button do I use? Like what is it listed as in the options? 

It can only shoot ...... the player out as you have already discovered....😅

Well I thought it could shoot because I had some mods for like A16-A17 that did shoot.

OK, off to see if I can find one that shoots bullets instead of just dropping me on top of zeds...lol

Would be nice if someone made a vehicle mod that adds working guns and maybe rocket launchers.

11 hours ago, Zagan said:

Well I thought it could shoot because I had some mods for like A16-A17 that did shoot.

OK, off to see if I can find one that shoots bullets instead of just dropping me on top of zeds...lol

Would be nice if someone made a vehicle mod that adds working guns and maybe rocket launchers.

Ragsy the lead developer for the vehicle madness mod told me he and his team are working on tanks with working turrets there currently working on proper animations for tank tracks

On 5/18/2022 at 11:39 AM, Arma Rex said:

This has to be the first vehicle with working external weapons, great job! Can't wait to see what can come from this tech, such as mounted turrets and working tanks.

actually manux's custom vehicles mod had a huey chopper that shot rockets back in alpha 16 but the vehicle changes in A17 left him unable to port all of his stuff and hasn't been able to since then.

2 hours ago, Arma Rex said:

Download link appears to be broken or not working for whatever reason.

Edit- I figured it out, had to do with the odd github link. This should work: https://github.com/Zilox135/A20Modlets/tree/b5954e15e3cc8092cd8dd68ad4851ad96563a90a/Apache Helicopter Mods

The download is working fine for me. What's happening when you try and download?

6 hours ago, Arma Rex said:

The zip file, entitled "Mods" was empty, when the download link worked.

Not sure if anyone else has had that issue, but its not happening on my end. Maybe try a different browser.

EDIT: I've transferred the mods to gitlab instead, the link should be working now.

Edited by Zilox (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...