Why take out types of Zombies when all they did was add to the game?

Travis Shaw

Why was the Cowboy and Cheerleader and Football Player zombie's taking out  ?  Also why was the biker topless chick taken out all they did was add to the  game and small number of Zombies we have but instead they was taken out .   Also why is all the police  officer's fat .  My young brother works for the Sulpher Spring's Sheriff's Police Department in Texas and they are all tall and skinny or tall and muscular ......  

They updated the art and so any zombie not updated was removed because they looked really bad by comparison. If they decide to update some of those other zombies then they will be returned to the game. There is only one police officer model and he has always been a hulking fat zombie so whenever you see a police officer it is just that one duplicated. If they ever create a second model for the police maybe it will be more Barney Fife.

Someone said those zombies appeared in places where you wouldn´t see them before the apocalypse. But that is true for the biker, the nurse and the worker also. Also the amount of women running around in a short black dress is riddiculous tbh.  I´d really like to know the real reasons.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

38 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I´d really like to know the real reasons.

The real reason is that they updated the art and didn't have time/resources/desire to update all of them so they were removed because they look like @%$# next to the new ones. If they ever decide to update any of the ones they removed they will be back.

Why did the biker stay when the farmer was dropped? Because an artist was more excited about updating the biker and did so. Nobody did the farmer so he got the boot. Perhaps one of the artists will suddenly get into a farmer funk and not be able to focus until he creates an updated farmer model. If he does--- farmer will be be back.

I've lamented the loss of those specific zombies as well. (audible sigh) Every time I pass a school POI I think how appropriate the footballer and cheerleader would be there. Same for the cowboy with all the nice new Farm POIs. Looks bizarre seeing undead business men and party girls roaming the cornfields.

Cheerleader would look a bit out of place now with the new zombie models,  but I too miss the "macho man zombie" with his wide brim hat and big glasses. (wait,  did he actually HAVE glasses/shades on? )

I always thought a Velma-esque zom would be a perfect "School Teacher Zom".   I miss the Footballer just because He defied the normal limits on a sprinting zombie --- ALL the time.

I really hope for more zombies in the future.

Having back the Cheerleader and the Football player would be nice too.

I would love to see some variation of the ones that we have. Like a few more police officers. Maybe a thing one and a female one.

And a fat construction worker, maybe carrying an auger that could destroy blocks fast. And a variation of the office zombies, maybe females one.

Some more snow themed zombies would be lovely too. Maybe people with winter clothing.

16 hours ago, Roland said:

The real reason is that they updated the art and didn't have time/resources/desire to update all of them so they were removed because they look like @%$# next to the new ones. If they ever decide to update any of the ones they removed they will be back.

Why did the biker stay when the farmer was dropped? Because an artist was more excited about updating the biker and did so. Nobody did the farmer so he got the boot. Perhaps one of the artists will suddenly get into a farmer funk and not be able to focus until he creates an updated farmer model. If he does--- farmer will be be back.

Well at least that´s a reason i can get behind. But the mods should maybe stick to one version when telling people why they got removed.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well at least that´s a reason i can get behind. But the mods should maybe stick to one version when telling people why they got removed.

Or if that's the real reason then the Devs shouldn't have lied with the line about removing them because they only fit certain locations. Having a totally different answer from a Mod and the Devs means someone hasn't a clue what they're talking about and so shouldn't be answering the question.

14 hours ago, Roland said:

They updated the art and so any zombie not updated was removed because they looked really bad by comparison. If they decide to update some of those other zombies then they will be returned to the game. There is only one police officer model and he has always been a hulking fat zombie so whenever you see a police officer it is just that one duplicated. If they ever create a second model for the police maybe it will be more Barney Fife.

14 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Someone said those zombies appeared in places where you wouldn´t see them before the apocalypse. But that is true for the biker, the nurse and the worker also. Also the amount of women running around in a short black dress is riddiculous tbh.  I´d really like to know the real reasons.

13 hours ago, Roland said:

They decided to cut them to make more place for bandits if i good understand what madmole wrote. xd

28 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

Or if that's the real reason then the Devs shouldn't have lied with the line about removing them because they only fit certain locations. Having a totally different answer from a Mod and the Devs means someone hasn't a clue what they're talking about and so shouldn't be answering the question.

You still won't get a coherent answer to ALL questions. AFAIK many decisions are made in meetings where every dev has his own reasons.

Changes are seldom made because of one single reason. Often there are a few advantages and a few disadvantages and every dev will have his own weights attached to every advantage and disadvantage. So you actually might listen to Madmole give one reason for it and Gazz a different one and still they are both telling the truth.

3 hours ago, Rince said:

I really hope for more zombies in the future.

Having back the Cheerleader and the Football player would be nice too.

I would love to see some variation of the ones that we have. Like a few more police officers. Maybe a thing one and a female one.

And a fat construction worker, maybe carrying an auger that could destroy blocks fast. And a variation of the office zombies, maybe females one.

Some more snow themed zombies would be lovely too. Maybe people with winter clothing.

I hope too

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I think mods hurted 7dtd a lot. Why? because if something missing someone will always wrote " this can be added by mods" in l4d2 you have 200-400 types of zombies. Common zombie mods were added not so long ago and l4d2 was released in 2009

22 minutes ago, meganoth said:

You still won't get a coherent answer to ALL questions. AFAIK many decisions are made in meetings where every dev has his own reasons.

Changes are seldom made because of one single reason. Often there are a few advantages and a few disadvantages and every dev will have his own weights attached to every advantage and disadvantage. So you actually might listen to Madmole give one reason for it and Gazz a different one and still they are both telling the truth.

Well this i what i wrote but in short XD

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

Ya i would love to see 100.000 different types of Zombie's so we are never seeing the same  type of Zombies .  A massive variation of Zombie's would be so Awesome .  Different  Military Models and Police officers and firemen and doctors and different gang's  why is their no Zombie's of color of every culture.       BTW  i just have to say this because it was awesome .  I had a awesome dream last night that The Fun Pimp's  bought ARMA 3 and  DayZ   and  The Day Before and Grand Theft Auto 5 and combined them into 1 game  with 7 Days to Die . And added every single map with the graphics of ether The Day Before  or Grand Theft Auto 5 ..  Turned out to be the best game ever created and had millions of people playing this game and the servers was massive  1 million people per server .  Was so awesome we had clans and guilds  ....

4 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

Or its both and the reason they didn't want to update the ones that they didn't is because they felt they weren't worth doing since they had limited use. Nobody is lying. I'm telling you the overall reason the zombies that got cut were cut-- because they weren't updated and they look bad next to the new ones. Madmole was telling you the reason they chose not to update certain models.

Now, if they later decide that they want the Football dude after all they will update him and he will be back. 

You guys put way too much importance in statements made off the cuff by the devs as some sort of Law carved on the back of the Ten Commandments.

The devs decided they wanted to update the zombies. They didn't want to update all of them because it was too much work to do so. So they prioritized the ones they wanted to do by how useful they perceived them to be. There are no conspiracy theories here.

17 minutes ago, Roland said:

There are no conspiracy theories here.

I don't know man.  If you connect the dots.........

TFP changes farming where you have to replant each time and may not get seeds back.....

TFP removes the farmer zombie from the game.....

TFP increases the number of farms in the game.......

We see additional farming equipment in the game, like combines......

Therefore, TFP is changing 7D2D to 7D2D:  Farming simulator  😁

/s

Just play the game in front of you and interact with the zombies you come across. There is zero confusion about that. You understanding why Football Player was removed while Biker Dude was kept isn't going to change the game you are playing. Nobody wanted to update the Football Player because he wasn't deemed important enough due to his limited uses, therefore he was removed. If Madmole said he was removed because he had limited uses and I say he was removed because they didn't want to update him and you are confused by that, you can still log into a game of 7 Days to Die and play.

23 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Roland It´s confusing af. And it´s not the first topic where this happens.

4 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

I don't know man.  If you connect the dots.........

TFP changes farming where you have to replant each time and may not get seeds back.....

TFP removes the farmer zombie from the game.....

TFP increases the number of farms in the game.......

We see additional farming equipment in the game, like combines......

Therefore, TFP is changing 7D2D to 7D2D:  Farming simulator  😁

/s

Damn better to make - 7dtd trader simulator XD

1 minute ago, Roland said:

Just play the game in front of you and interact with the zombies you come across. There is zero confusion about that. You understanding why Football Player was removed while Biker Dude was kept isn't going to change the game you are playing. Nobody wanted to update the Football Player because he wasn't deemed important enough due to his limited uses, therefore he was removed. If Madmole said he was removed because he had limited uses and I say he was removed because they didn't want to update him and you are confused by that, you can still log into a game of 7 Days to Die and play.

Well i think football player were good idea - dead trigger have football player zombie working in this same way and taran from dead island. well he could be just redesign because he have rly good ability so maybe riot police zombie with riot shield?

8 hours ago, Roland said:

Or its both and the reason they didn't want to update the ones that they didn't is because they felt they weren't worth doing since they had limited use. Nobody is lying. I'm telling you the overall reason the zombies that got cut were cut-- because they weren't updated and they look bad next to the new ones. Madmole was telling you the reason they chose not to update certain models.

Now, if they later decide that they want the Football dude after all they will update him and he will be back. 

You guys put way too much importance in statements made off the cuff by the devs as some sort of Law carved on the back of the Ten Commandments.

The devs decided they wanted to update the zombies. They didn't want to update all of them because it was too much work to do so. So they prioritized the ones they wanted to do by how useful they perceived them to be. There are no conspiracy theories here.

true roland but ii think the TFP devs should know what their community is like by now i mean it has been 8 years :)

9 minutes ago, Jason Tamosiunis said:

true roland but ii think the TFP devs should know what their community is like by now i mean it has been 8 years :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^ well put!

I just hope they realize the importance of variation & how many of us think this is pretty important. No doubt it's a lot of work doing these zombies & the work they've done is F'ing amazing. 

The more variation of zombies, the better!

10 hours ago, Roland said:

Different topics wasn´t meant as different threads of why zombies where removed.

It´s the same with bandits and zombie AI. For a long time we were told the zombies behave way too intelligent because the devs use them as test objects for the bandit AI. Now it turned out that wasn´t the case at all.

It´s annoying af at this point tbh.

Same with the slider for spawn rate. Got told it was removed for balancing issues and that it will return after that it´s done. Now it´s a "maybe it will return".