A20 i'm disappointed

v101

17 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Then why did you ask? Just to imply I have no idea of stick weapons? Not trolling he says.

If u cannot understand a simple question like "Are you trained" and then answer with a simple answer like "yes" it's your problem.
So you just proved a lot of my points, explicit and implicit thank you.

To conclude thank for proving that you are unable to understand, and if can't understand ... why do i have to bother wasting time.
Goodbye and have a nice day.

Edited by v101 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, v101 said:

U dont get the point, please avoid this thread, is not for you.

Love your attitude.

I get your point. You propose that TFPs put the instructions on the proper way to install new alphas IN-GAME. 

You don't think it would be odd to open the game to get the instructions (what write them down or take a pic of your screen?) to clean your old game data? 

Is it not easier to have info on Steam or another website that you could have open to read while you install?

12 hours ago, v101 said:

I agree, on that, but i understand the fact that u can also play the version u like.
Automating such procedure could cause even a worst backlash, if they just notified that in the game main menu all users wouls have seen that information.

Actually there is some fun still there, but the good things added in the new version are totally destroyed by the bad things.

Sorry another fun fact.
After wiping data and restarting i re-configured my keybindings (as is utterly stupid wheel up -> item down and vice-versa)

Well after re-entering the game i've found all personal keybinds gone, i had to re configure everything from mouse sensitivity (way too high) to keys ....
Are u facing this issue ?
Not to mention the game crashes 15% of the times i try to load a savegame.

I have the same issue with re-binding keys. They seem to only need re-binding 2-3 times at most for me. It's yet another issue the game has.

I know I'm a noob compared to most with only 5534 hours in 7dtd. I also played offline not connected to Steam when I lost my Internet for about 5 months.

That said, pardon my noobishness, I'm a light weight compared to my friends. But I really like 7days. It's kinda my favorite game of all time. I'm 66 years old and I've played a lot of games. With the new release I've not found one thing I don't like a lot.

On 12/31/2021 at 8:04 AM, Mahnogard said:

If you start the game from the Steam main interface "Play" button, you get the launcher option every time. However, if start it by using the list of recently played games by right-clicking the Steam tray icon, it goes straight into the game. I used to use that method to start a lot of games but the same thing happens with other games that have start options and sometimes I need the start-up choices (ie, starting Ark with or without anti-cheat depending on server, etc) so I broke the habit of using that.

Unless I did something wrong, I followed your direction and am still prompted to play the game or show the game launcher no matter how  I try to launch it

11 minutes ago, Snowydeath said:

Unless I did something wrong, I followed your direction and am still prompted to play the game or show the game launcher no matter how  I try to launch it

Weird. Could just be Steam being Steam I guess. I tried it just to be sure before I posted that and it went right into the game. Did the same just now. Steam does have its quirks.

On 12/31/2021 at 10:11 AM, v101 said:

It's 2021....  Star Citizen is in alpha by less time.

Gonna quote you here. Star citizen has been in development since 2011, and official development began in 2012 plus their team was over 230 at that time and is estimated to be over 300 now. Can't compare the teams or games by any means. At least this game has made progress toward the goal instead of almost nothing

9 minutes ago, Mahnogard said:

Weird. Could just be Steam being Steam I guess. I tried it just to be sure before I posted that and it went right into the game. Did the same just now. Steam does have its quirks.

Yeah, with steam there's never a solid answer to any question lmao. I dunno if there's a way to make it do what mine or yours does intentionally

10 hours ago, Snowydeath said:

Gonna quote you here. Star citizen has been in development since 2011, and official development began in 2012 plus their team was over 230 at that time and is estimated to be over 300 now. Can't compare the teams or games by any means. At least this game has made progress toward the goal instead of almost nothing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Citizen

I said "been in alpha" not "released".  And i cite from the wiki page " Its initial release was on December 11, 2015, a year after the Star Citizen project was originally planned for completion"
On the team size and fundings i agree, CI has way more "power" in that compartment. And BTW it was just a "Yet Another StarCitizen Alpha Joke".

16 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

OMG weeeeird, did not know potato plant could do that, ok sorry my bad i've always grown them in the ground .... i may need to get better info about that. hahaha.
Where i live  potatoes are grown from other potatoes, or from sprouting ones ... we have never seen those "seeds".  And by looking into it a bit, i've discovered that there anly a few kind of potatoes that does that or that sprouts fowers and then seeds. Not a very common thing here.

On 1/1/2022 at 2:59 AM, Clism said:

I know I'm a noob compared to most with only 5534 hours in 7dtd. I also played offline not connected to Steam when I lost my Internet for about 5 months.

That said, pardon my noobishness, I'm a light weight compared to my friends. But I really like 7days. It's kinda my favorite game of all time. I'm 66 years old and I've played a lot of games. With the new release I've not found one thing I don't like a lot.

THe "game" is still fun, and i liked a lot the new building system with all the new blocks (except the new integrity system that is pretty ... broken)
But other new addition totally destroyed the experience, i challenge you to a no "INT" permadeath run. Try to get a recipe for a forge/bench/mixer .... i tried 5 runs 1 to lvl 20.  In only 1 run i've got all 3 recipes early on (good rng i suppose) in all the other test runs only pillaging cities and questing for traders -> in 20 levels and more less 20 in-game days zero recipes found, not even 1 of them (visited also 2 crack-a-book).
The new loot systems have some good things like wood, stone, iron and base mats in trash, but i constatly find only end-game recipes i will never get to use. And i hardly get any recipe for what i need to do. Forcing me to invest points into INT to unlock them, i dont want to do that but at some point i will have to that.
Not to mention that i things seeds for the rng are broken, when u fint 1 or 2 recipes/items you wil start to get them everywhere, in all the test runs this happened reliably.
Found a level6 pipe machingegun .... i get thet item almost every time i open a "box" and the rng says -> ok now get a good item and i give you...... tadaaaa a level 6 pipe machinegun. Like a broken record.
There is something really really odd or worst, broken.
Try to do a "farming" run and tell me if the new farming system is good, i tested in CM ... and i can admit that is pure BS, not even with livin off the land maxed out you get more from the field than u have planted (that is the point of farming i plant 1 to get 10 .. takes time and effort  but ...)

I'm happy for you that the game is good for you, but i think .... the A20 ruined too many aspects of the experiece adding just a couple of really good new things.

On 1/1/2022 at 2:06 AM, Darklegend222 said:

I have the same issue with re-binding keys. They seem to only need re-binding 2-3 times at most for me. It's yet another issue the game has.

I confirm that, had to restart the game 3 times before the bindings where really saved. Now it's ok.  Mybe a problem when wiping old game data, and missing folders at launch. So after a re-launch and a re-bind you trigger the procedure that creates the folder and the configuration file, until u do that the configuration is simply not saved due to a "FILE_MISSING" or "FOLDER_NOT_FOUND" exception or something like that.

On 12/31/2021 at 9:45 PM, outhous said:

Love your attitude.

I get your point. You propose that TFPs put the instructions on the proper way to install new alphas IN-GAME. 

You don't think it would be odd to open the game to get the instructions (what write them down or take a pic of your screen?) to clean your old game data? 

Is it not easier to have info on Steam or another website that you could have open to read while you install?

No it's not ODD it's the right thing to do.

Most games are using the main screen for notification because "Common Sense" tells the dev that is the place where important information regarding the game should be.
That said, goodbye again and please leave this thread (you just confirmed i was right above)

On 12/31/2021 at 8:15 PM, meganoth said:

Here is someone who needs to have the last word... at all cost. 😉

Not really, i was only saying goodbye to a self proclaimed i know all keyboard hero.

14 minutes ago, v101 said:

THe "game" is still fun, and i liked a lot the new building system with all the new blocks (except the new integrity system that is pretty ... broken)

But other new addition totally destroyed the experience, i challenge you to a no "INT" permadeath run. Try to get a recipe for a forge/bench/mixer .... i tried 5 runs 1 to lvl 20.  In only 1 run i've got all 3 recipes early on (good rng i suppose) in all the other test runs only pillaging cities and questing for traders -> in 20 levels and more less 20 in-game days zero recipes found, not even 1 of them (visited also 2 crack-a-book).

The loot system got an overhaul and it is to be expected that there need to be made some adjustments in the weeks ahead. This forum is where such things can be reported, though the developers probably would like the reports without insults mixed in.

The new loot systems have some good things like wood, stone, iron and base mats in trash, but i constatly find only end-game recipes i will never get to use. And i hardly get any recipe for what i need to do. Forcing me to invest points into INT to unlock them, i dont want to do that but at some point i will have to that.
Not to mention that i things seeds for the rng are broken, when u fint 1 or 2 recipes/items you wil start to get them everywhere, in all the test runs this happened reliably.
Found a level6 pipe machingegun .... i get thet item almost every time i open a "box" and the rng says -> ok now get a good item and i give you...... tadaaaa a level 6 pipe machinegun. Like a broken record.
There is something really really odd or worst, broken.

Seen the same, I seem to find too many q6 pipe machine guns as well. Whether it is just coincidence is still up for debate as people tend to be sensitive for noticing coincidences. If you had said you find to many q6 anything, someone else might have chimed in and agreed. 

Try to do a "farming" run and tell me if the new farming system is good, i tested in CM ... and i can admit that is pure BS, not even with livin off the land maxed out you get more from the field than u have planted (that is the point of farming i plant 1 to get 10 .. takes time and effort  but ...)

This is simply wrong. I don't know what mistake you made, but my guess is you forgot to turn some of the produce to seeds again. And yes, even when you do this you still have gained some produce for cooking on average.

Make the test with 10 seeds at the start and always generate enough seeds so you can replant 10 seeds. After 4 seasons you should have about 45 produce left as profit with LotL1, and 125 produce with LotL3.

I did the math multiple times, I played two games by now with just Living of the Land 1 in which the farm showed the expected profit.

32 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

saw that after I posted it

There might've been slight pinch of sarcasm in my comment; my process to finding that link was a single startpage-search and clicking on the first sane-looking link - someone else re-creating those steps would be about as weird as plants producing seeds ... :)

6 hours ago, meganoth said:

Make the test with 10 seeds at the start and always generate enough seeds so you can replant 10 seeds. After 4 seasons you should have about 45 produce left as profit with LotL1, and 125 produce with LotL3.

I did the math multiple times, I played two games by now with just Living of the Land 1 in which the farm showed the expected profit.

Ok here the test i did today 10 plots with 10 corn plants
Living Of the land Level 0 -> 10 ear of corn - No Seeds
Living Of the land Level 1 -> 20 ear of corn - No Seeds
Living Of the land Level 2 -> 29 ear of corn - No Seeds
Living Of the land Level 3 -> 35 ear of corn - No Seeds
........... Using the "plant" in cm.

Now i'm trying to test the "grown" seeds, but it's quite absurd that even i speed up time i cannot get those seeds to grow.
Are they "ticked" at real time ?

37 minutes ago, v101 said:

Ok here the test i did today 10 plots with 10 corn plants
Living Of the land Level 0 -> 10 ear of corn - No Seeds
Living Of the land Level 1 -> 20 ear of corn - No Seeds
Living Of the land Level 2 -> 29 ear of corn - No Seeds
Living Of the land Level 3 -> 35 ear of corn - No Seeds
........... Using the "plant" in cm.

Now i'm trying to test the "grown" seeds, but it's quite absurd that even i speed up time i cannot get those seeds to grow.
Are they "ticked" at real time ?

Those are wild plants.  With LoTL, you can only get a max of 3 ears per stalk at level 3 (plus a chance of grabbing a 4th one every now and then).  Also you can't get seeds back from wild plants as you didn't plant them, that only applies to seeds you planted yourself.

Planted seeds will give you 2x, 4x with a 50% change of one extra, and 6x ears of corn with 50% change of extra based on LoTL level; and they have a 50% chance to give back one seed.

So:

Wild - No chance of getting seeds when harvested

LoTL0 - 1 Ear of corn

LoTL1 - 2 Ears of corn

LoTL2 - 2 Ears of corn plus chance for extra

LoTL3 - 3 ears of corn plus chance for extra

Survivor planted - 50% chance of getting a seed back

LoTL0 - 2 Ear of corn

LoTL1 - 4 Ears of corn

LoTL2 - 4 Ears of corn plus chance for extra

LoTL3 - 6 ears of corn plus chance for extra

38 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Those are wild plants.  With LoTL, you can only get a max of 3 ears per stalk at level 3 (plus a chance of grabbing a 4th one every now and then).  Also you can't get seeds back from wild plants as you didn't plant them, that only applies to seeds you planted yourself.

Planted seeds will give you 2x, 4x with a 50% change of one extra, and 6x ears of corn with 50% change of extra based on LoTL level; and they have a 50% chance to give back one seed.

So:

Wild - No chance of getting seeds when harvested

LoTL0 - 1 Ear of corn

LoTL1 - 2 Ears of corn

LoTL2 - 2 Ears of corn plus chance for extra

LoTL3 - 3 ears of corn plus chance for extra

Survivor planted - 50% chance of getting a seed back

LoTL0 - 2 Ear of corn

LoTL1 - 4 Ears of corn

LoTL2 - 4 Ears of corn plus chance for extra

LoTL3 - 6 ears of corn plus chance for extra

Yeah i was doing a test about that now i dont have time to test the "normal growth".
But it's ridiculous anyway the 50% chance of seed ... 1 corn contains a tons of seeds by itself, i know in a "game" this cannot be applied, but thanks for confirming the fact that the new farming system is .. terrible and should be erased and rolled back to a19 and then totally wiped out for a better and more logic one.

I think the way could be that the the more u level into LoTL the more crop you grow to the harvest stage. 
I think that the chance a plant reaces maturity should be ruled by the perk, so the higher the perk the more succesful you can be in growing plants and abtaining seeds.
So to complete, seeds should come off a single veggie and the %of success should be ruled by the perk. Simple and effective and nice to be played.
That is my idea.

P.S.
It would be great if farming could take into account water and temperatures. For examples i cannot grow yucca in the frost biome.
I need some sort of heated shelter for that, like vice-versa in the desert.
That would be nice addition to end game, like building a refrigerated / heated room for crops. More items more devices more crafting more fun.

Edited by v101 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, v101 said:

Yeah i was doing a test about that now i dont have time to test the "normal growth".
But it's ridiculous anyway the 50% chance of seed ... 1 corn contains a tons of seeds by itself, i know in a "game" this cannot be applied, but thanks for confirming the fact that the new farming system is .. terrible and should be erased and rolled back to a19 and then totally wiped out for a better and more logic one.

I didn't confirm anything such.  What I confirmed was that your methodology was incorrect (basing the perk on wild plants and not on planted plants) and confirmed my suspicion that you have not actually played with the new mechanics, just complaining about something that you either incorrectly read in patch notes or wasn't paying attention while watching someone else farm in the game.

FYI, I like the new farming mechanism in 7D2D.  It now makes you have to work at it in order to get a self sustaining farm instead of the old method of just planting one seed and punching crops until you have a farm.