Furniture you can sit in?

Maj-Mayhem

Firstly let me apologize if this topic has been raised before, but except for a Mod, I couldn't find any one talking about this. Mind you, I'm a newb on this site.

However, I've been playing the game since A18 and I am currently at Level 269 and using ver A19.4 b7. Just waiting for the server admin to update to 19.5.

My questions are, will that be a thing? Will A20 have a function where you can sit on the chairs, couches, benches etc, that you've made, or picked up, or whatever?

Not to be too whiny, but Valheim figured this one out.

Some of the places my crew have designed at our respective homesteads and horde bases, are really cool, and the idea of being able to sit down around the fire pit, drink a brew and eat some chow, especially during the pandemic, (although things seem to finally be getting better) is something that a bunch would love to be able to do. Instead of horn function, while not in a vehicle, you can hit the key and sit in a chair, or a couch. Just a thought.

Any road, thank you for your thoughts, input and ideas and hopefully A20 will a) be coming out soon, and b) have sitting as an option. Everything else about the game is just amazing!  I've put in over 1000 hours on the game, and at no time have I ever thought that it wasn't time well spent. The game is just great!

Welcome to the forums.

I don't have any inside information, but I haven't seen this mentioned by devs as something they want to implement. Though you should never rely on MY memory 😉.

But there is a chance: If they think that bandits (in their camps) should be able to sit, they will put an animator to that task and what helps the bandits helps the player characters as well.

That gets me thinking: Asking for sitting bandits would be a sly way to ask for what you really want 😁

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

4 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

My character has never complained once about having to stand all the time.

New need for A20, like "food" or "water". Sometimes a character needs to sit and have a can of beer and watch football on TV

1 hour ago, bachgaman said:

New need for A20, like "food" or "water". Sometimes a character needs to sit and have a can of beer and watch football on TV

sitting could make a effect "feel better" faster stamina regeneration 15% for 15 minutes

4 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

sitting could make a effect "feel better" faster stamina regeneration 15% for 15 minutes

Cool, but only give it if you sit for a few minutes in real time (and for example by the fire (the campfire already has a buff)). Otherwise, it will turn into an exploit due to which each player has to carry a chair with him and sit down for 1 second every 15 minutes. Bad gameplay. After all, what's stopping you from relaxing on the floor?

Just now, bachgaman said:

Cool, but only give it if you sit for a few minutes in real time (and for example by the fire (the campfire already has a buff)). Otherwise, it will turn into an exploit due to which each player has to carry a chair with him and sit down for 1 second every 15 minutes. Bad gameplay. After all, what's stopping you from relaxing on the floor?

Chair is more comfortable and floor is cold right? . Few minutes is too long but 30 sec? yeah that can work

I mentioned similar stuff years ago. Actually, it would be great to see some more interactive objects in the game. I was mentioning similar stuff years ago. I would love to see some more advanced stove that might actually show a pot being used, placed in the fireplace, etc. Small things make the game more interesting and believable. Sitting by one table or chair is great for photos. Devs should apply a camera in-game for taking snapshots of your teammates and create missions that could potentially require a working cam, taking pictures of some areas for the trader, idk. Just a wild thought.

1 hour ago, TWORDY said:

I mentioned similar stuff years ago. Actually, it would be great to see some more interactive objects in the game. I was mentioning similar stuff years ago. I would love to see some more advanced stove that might actually show a pot being used, placed in the fireplace, etc. Small things make the game more interesting and believable. Sitting by one table or chair is great for photos. Devs should apply a camera in-game for taking snapshots of your teammates and create missions that could potentially require a working cam, taking pictures of some areas for the trader, idk. Just a wild thought.

Nope

64d7338925be5db12c2f08908052e32f.jpg

14 hours ago, TWORDY said:

Cam is just idea XD pot on fireplace is ok

46 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Cam is just idea XD pot on fireplace is ok

Only fans camera 😅... yeah, Im just saying that the pot above fireplace (You name it) could represent actions as cooking sth alongside particles etc. Concrete mixer drum could be rotating if loaded... again this would require additional computing resources on client side but the owners of mid range PCs and higher setups would appreciate such details.

48 minutes ago, TWORDY said:

Only fans camera 😅... yeah, Im just saying that the pot above fireplace (You name it) could represent actions as cooking sth alongside particles etc. Concrete mixer drum could be rotating if loaded... again this would require additional computing resources on client side but the owners of mid range PCs and higher setups would appreciate such details.

Yeah but from other hand most people weak bad pc/laptop so - if 7dtd can work good on weak pc mean more people can buy it. This can be added in next game but now just let is stay

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see this in the game. Putting some non-playable characters in the game would make it a little more realistic too maybe some bandits a few hunters that just kind of roam and destroy zombies. Maybe even your special Hunter it's actually a zombie but still has human intentions. Sorry my mind goes way out sometimes with this game I love it 😍

• 1 month later...

Sit down animations in chairs or thrones or even on the ground are nifty for screen captures but that’s about it. Typically in a game that allows it I sit down in a couple of things and say “that’s cool” then never do it again.

same with cooking animations or crafting animations, it is cool to look at for a few seconds then it is meaningless.

I say skip them unless they can be added with a trivial amount of work and/or CPU power.