A Question about your gameplay styles, and also mine.

Scyris

random questions below:

If your playing a mod or Vanilla, and npcs can sell usually class exclusive workstations... Will you buy them if they appear? or wait till you unlock it normally and then craft them?

Also same question for Schematics and those perk magazines, do you buy them if you want it? or loot only? I do these things (as in never buy schematics or perk mags off traders), and wondering if its kinda silly to do so, same with above question. Should I just buy em?

I usually don't buy workstations or perk magazines/schematics, am I being silly for not buying them if I want them? I don't know if its a way to try to extend the game for me since relying on rng can well be... yeah.

Do you follow any personal rules like this?

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

In MP I will buy everything i deem useful as the rest of my weekly group are completely lost in the plethora of books and schematics and their relationships to perks, so most looted books essentially go to waste.

In SP I buy neither books nor schematics except for Art of Mining 7. I am not a trader fan at all but being dependant on stationary lighting forever ( I have yet to loot this book for the very first time) is too huge a handicap in my book 😉

On 4/17/2021 at 8:44 AM, Scyris said:

random questions below:

If your playing a mod or Vanilla, and npcs can sell usually class exclusive workstations... Will you buy them if they appear? or wait till you unlock it normally and then craft them?

Also same question for Schematics and those perk magazines, do you buy them if you want it? or loot only? I do these things (as in never buy schematics or perk mags off traders), and wondering if its kinda silly to do so, same with above question. Should I just buy em?

I usually don't buy workstations or perk magazines/schematics, am I being silly for not buying them if I want them? I don't know if its a way to try to extend the game for me since relying on rng can well be... yeah.

Do you follow any personal rules like this?

I've been running club/HA since alpha 18, so I'm usually buying such things on the trader. 

Maybe it just my luck, but I find one or two BPs while looting the trader's base. I'll also grab from the containers behind their counter. 

24 minutes ago, Roland said:

Finding is finding. Whether I find something in a box in someone’s attic or at the trader, I’m finding it. 

Last time, those officers were very adamant about how they thought that me 'finding' something at the local trader differed in very specific ways from other ways of finding.

Then again, little did they comprehend my announcing the bloodmoon.

I buy every book the trader has every single time that I have not read from day one (at least as soon as I get the dukes).  The only ones I pass up are the ones that I simply cannot get the dukes for in time or the clothing one save for better pockets if I am strapped for cash.  Books are how you gain strength and/or options in this game.